SideStory 1- An average story, Draco’s story
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hi, first of all, you can skip the side stories, they are more of a bonus history lessons, or, maybe?..... something more?.... who knows?

Something that is kinda of a spoiler :

Spoiler

Is that this story is writhen this way on purpose and with intent

[collapse]

but nonetheless if you spot a error or have a question let me know, hope you enjoy it :)

year ???????

That specific year was like any other, many thing happened, none of significant importance or relevance, one of them was the birth of a person in a normal village, born from a common couple, both farmers, the woman giving birth, Beatrix #####, the father who was nearby, Arthur #####, were their names, not that they matter, after all they were just a humble couple of no importance like many others in the same village, let alone the world. Ah yes the baby, it was a health boy, he did not cry at birth however, after a few moments he was handed to the mother to hold, with Arthur by her side, they had chosen a name beforehand, Draco, in honor of dragons of the legends, but they chose not to give him any surname because it was not common because of their humble lifestyle.

2 and a half years later. Draco learned how to walk when 2 years old but liked to crawl around the house more often than walk, his mother sometimes took care of the few animals in the farm, otherwise she was taking care of him, giving a metric ton of love and affection for her only son, his father took care of the fields used to plant food, Draco father interacted less with him, but both gave the same love and affection to him in equal amounts, something quite common in this type of village.

Half of a year later. Draco could talk, but he chose to remain silent most of the time, because of personal preference, not something fancy like being a genius hiding their abilities, at this point he was interested in books because he often walked close by and often grabbed books that were at the bottom of the bookshelf in the living room, he had opened one and he saw the symbols in them and his interest was piqued.

It was common for farmers to know at least basic mathematics and basic written language because of the management of their farms, so in their free time they taught their children what they knew, for Draco it was not different. It took 6 months for Draco to learn the language, another 6 for him to finish the bookshelf, so with his parent permission he was allowed to go to the village library, that was just a few bookshelves in a public building used for a few unimportant things.

Now, he was five, he often goes to the library since he got permission from his parents one year prior, sometimes playing with other kids of the village, most of the times when he plays with them, they are "Fighting" using sticks as if they were swords. However, those he could call friend were, 1 or 2 at best.

The first, a girls the same age as his, they first meet in the library when he went there for the first time, but they only sat close to one another at the time, until later when they started to talk with each other more frequently about books and their contents, and they became best friends not long after they first met, her name? Hecate #####, but at the time Draco only knew her first name, the surname was not mentioned until later.

The second, a boy, older than Draco, not by much, he was one of those that played with "swords", he was the one with the most amount of interest in swords, it was because he was the son of a knight, or something similar, and he was the one who introduced his friend Draco to his favorite sport, that was playing with "swords", and on rare occasions, actual sword, that were made for children however. His name, Victor #####, again, Draco did not knew his surname at the time, not that it was relevant or anything.

He often went back to the library to read books that he already read after he finished the library when he was 7 and a half years old, still maintaining contact with Hecate and Victor, borrowing interesting books from Hecate from time to time. Until 2 months after he finished the library. That day a mercenary and his group was passing by the village, their leader was watching the children play with the sticks and Draco was playing against Victor, for some reason the leader saw something in Draco's movements and went to the boys and introduced himself, Victor was shocked when he heard the mercenary and his group name's, Draco however did not know anything about him or his group, the leader wanted to recruit Draco to his group for some strange reason, so he asked Draco to talk with his parents about it, fortunately, Draco was interested, so he did let the man talk with his parents after leading the leader to his house.

The leader talked with Draco parents, and they were rather happy and proud, but also resident to allow him to follow this type path, but after some convincing they allowed it, so after saying his goodbyes he went to the mercenary group camp close to the village edge. To his surprise, Hecate was also there, from what he was told she was also recruited, but as a type of reserve healer, he was happy that he would stay with his best friend for the foresseable future, so they started their journey together.

For the next few years both Draco & Hecate were personally trained how to fight by the leader himself, doing missions from time to time of course, Hecate was good with a sword, not as good as Draco however, her focus was on treating the wounded and sick, what made her quite famous between the group members was not only her good personality, but also her miraculous potions that obviously were for healing wounds and sickness, some even gave a temporary boost to performance in combat or cured poisoning, Draco compensated for what he lacked in medicine with talent in combat, strategies and his overall smartness. Both friends often sparred together and Draco often went to Hecate for healing, with their connections only deepening each day.

When Draco was 16 his mercenary group made a temporarily alliance with another group, apparently both leaders were close friends. As they worked on missions together, Draco often interacted with the other group leader and also saved his life multiple times, what made them become something like brothers in a small amount of time, while what he had with his leader was something more like a teacher and student relationship, and after a year of the groups working together, a big mission came up, surprisingly it came from the other leader group side, it was a mission to help fight against a small invading army of a neighbor country, they accepted after some thinking about it, and of course, if successful they will receive a well paid recompense.

After a few months, they won, with very few casualties at that. By this time Draco just turned 18, Hecate separated from the group for personal reasons, and so did the other group, they were going to the same place so they went together. And not much long after, just a few months really, they were summoned by the king to the castle in the capital of the kingdom of #####, the king was the one who gave them this mission apparently, so they complied and quickly traveled towards their destiny.

 Hecate told Draco that they would be seeing each other pretty soon so despite being quite sad, he had some hope in still maintaining his connection with her and his "brother", and when they arrived at the castle, they were led to the throne room, and waiting them were multiple noble families and the king sitting in the throne. What Draco did not expect was that Hecate was with one of the noble couples and what he did not expect not even in a million years was his friend, his "brother" and the leader of the other group  sitting on the throne, as  the king, and many in the group were also surprised, a few were not however.

They received a offer, a proposition to become knights that work for the king, they already discussed by themselves and accepted this offer with the condition that their leader would become a consultant and teacher and Draco become their new leader, but they accepted again, this time publicly in front of the nobles, so they did a little ceremony and both the group leader and Draco received noble titles, because of their contributions, and after the ceremony they had a celebration and after it each member stayed as a guest in the castle.

After some time post celebration, a maid came in the temporary room Draco was staying and after telling him that Hecate wanted to talk to him, she led him to another room were Hecate was waiting for him, and after they were left alone, they talked, and by the looks of it both the newly crowned king and her were doing a type of trial set by their families so that they would be worthy of their families name and legacy, and they talked some more, and it was obvious thing that is surprising that it didn't happen sooner, they decided to start dating with one another, they did not make a huge party to announce their relationship, but they told their families and those close to them.

23 years old, because of his good work, the many important missions he did for the kingdom, and the fact that he turned into a trusted advisor for the king, he quickly was promoted from a baron, the title he earned when he was 18, to a marquess, some did not like this, but they could not argue against it because it was well deserved, and with it came lands and riches, not much long after Hecate and Draco officially married, with the king himself blessing the wedding.

When 29 years old he had two daughters, Circe and Pãmela, despite being rather busy, he made question of creating free time to pass with his children, and he also gave all the love and affection he could give to them. Circe inherited the caring and giving nature of her mother, but inherited the smartness and intelligence of both parents, Pãmela often addressed as just Pã inherited her father's talent to combat and strategies, not that she wasn't smart, she was just a bit less than her sister. Their lives however, their history, are another story.

Draco just turned 30, after a big decisive war, he was again promoted, to the rank of a duke this time, because he was now a official noble family, he received the noble name of  pendragon, before this, he was using his wife surname of Solstice.

After years of contributions that would make the kingdom become a small almos medium empire, years of making every citizen lives better and better, he was finally turned into a grand duke at 51, this same occurrence being almost non existent in history.

And finally, 5 years after Hecate death of natural causes, the person named Draco Pendragon, died of old age in his sleep, with a smile on his face. Before he died his daughter Circe became the house head, and  Pãmela inherited his position as a knight working for the king and kingdom.

...

????? that just woke up: "Well... What a nice dream..."

 

0