Ch_1 Where am I?
292 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finished my work in the office and was going to sleep there as this was the time of my death march. There was so much work and I haven't gone home for 3 days now. Thankfully my office has both a bathroom and a toilet for employers so I don't smell like shit as I bathe daily, doesn't matter how tight my work schedule is.

After closing my eyes I fall into the darkness of my sleep. I was so tired that it didn't even take me 2 minutes to fall asleep. After some time I saw the light coming to my eyes. Feeling the light I woke up, I groggily opened my eyes and yawned a little bit, I mumbled, " I am feeling still very tired."

In a half-asleep state, I thought about moving my blanket away from me but I didn't find any blanket. I opened my eyes and sat up urgently and looked around the area to only find myself in a different place compared to my office. I am now surrounded by many herbs and tall trees, These look like a rainforest rather than my office.

I can hear the voices of animals, birds and insects in my surroundings. I was shocked by all this and thought " Am I awake or I am still asleep and dreaming." I stood up and looked around at my surroundings. I didn't find anyone, not even my coworker who was sleeping beside me in the office.

Since I couldn't see anyone in my surroundings, I asked loudly, " Is Anybody here?" I waited for some time but heard no response, I asked again loudly and I did this 10 times then I stopped as I knew that no one was there. Not only humans but I didn't even see any animals in my surroundings, occasionally some birds which were flying through my top but no other kinds of animals.

So, I thought about first finding my way out of this forest then thought about other things. I chose one direction and started walking in that direction. I took my steps properly as I didn't want to meet with the sting of some surprised snake or insect.

After walking for half an hour I finally came across a road-like structure but this road seemed to be used by all kinds of animals as I saw many kinds of footprints on it.

But in those many footprints, I also find the footprints of humans and also the marks of tires, These tire marks don't look like they are from cars as they are very thin. For me, it looks like they are made of bicycle tires and they are simultaneously in both directions so I don't know if there were two cyclists or something going from this dense forest.

Anyway, I found something human So, I followed the direction the footprints I saw were going because that was my only road to civilization for now.

I walked on the road for 15 minutes when suddenly on the left side of the forest some movements started to occur. I for some reason started to feel dread. But I still kept walking as my body was telling me to go fast, The movements in the forest started to increase more and this time I also heard the voice of the unknown things which sounded like the voice of monkeys.

I passed by the place where the movements were happening and it suddenly accelerated seeing this my heart pounded and I also unknowingly started to run slowly but as the voice became louder my legs started to accelerate more.

As I ran fast the thing finally came to the road. As I could hear the voice more clearly, but I didn't look behind me to see what it was as running from them was more important and I ran as my life depended on my running which was the case here I thought. As I run, I can hear the voices of multiple creatures now meaning that a whole group is after me not one and thinking this I run even faster.

I can feel them catching up to me so I run even faster, I was already running at my fastest speed but because of my adrenaline release, I broke my previous fast running speed limit.

As I was running suddenly a sound rang out in my ears but I didn't stop to hear clearly what it was but I still heard it saying something like.

[ Congratulations host for getting the system, For more information please check the system.]

That's all I heard and I know what it was as this is called a golden finger a transmigrater or reincarnator usually got in System genre novels. As a fan of that kind of genre, How can I the great Part-timer Otaku wouldn't know about this thing?

But now is not the time to check what kind of system I have got. As running was more important but even I had a limit of running and after running for 5 whole minutes at my fastest speed I couldn't run anymore, forget about running I couldn't even stand anymore.

I thought I was gonna die but then I realized that the sounds I was hearing were no more there. Suddenly I heard the sound of something else, it felt like it was the sound of a human.

' Maybe I am hallucinating.' I thought and collapsed on the ground unconscious. Running for my life like that was not something I do daily and after running like that I was fully exhausted making me fall unconscious when my body relaxed a little.

After don't know how long had passed, I finally opened my eyes to find myself in some kind of room. The room was lit by some candles and the sun rays coming from the windows. The room was simple as there were not many things there, I saw that I was on a bed with a weird kind of mattress, There was a pot of water-like thing I had shown on the internet and a wooden glass on top of it. I also saw a mirror that was not far from me, the mirror was not big you could only see your face on it.

I took the mirror and saw myself in it and my expression suddenly turned into an expression of horror and I suddenly threw the mirror on the bed. I again look around me but find nothing I again look at the mirror. Then I touched my face slowly, As I touched my face I realised that I don't have any facial hair plus my face feels much softer. I suddenly grabbed the mirror again and started to watch myself in it while touching my face with my hand.

I pinch my nose and stretch it too, I even stretch my lips and slap my cheeks. I felt pain and I suddenly thought, ' Am I not on earth? What the heck is going on? Why do I suddenly feel like I come to a different world and become younger.'

I am not unfamiliar with this kind of plot as I am also a great part-timer Otaku when I am not doing my work. But reading this thing in the book is one thing and experiencing it in reality is a different thing. I don't know if these things that are happening to me right now are still real. For me, it's like my dream come true but I don't know which kind of dream.

This kind of world is usually filled with monsters and wars in the books. Even though it sounds good to get summoned into this kind of another world. I have only seen MC beating up one villain and suddenly another more powerful one pop out. A single person met villains at every step in his journey to become a hero just think How many actual villains will be there in the real world who he didn't even meet? I am just kidding but There were really some world-ending villains in those books.

Anyway, I still don't know if I am really in my world or some other, So let's not talk about it and also not come to any conclusions. In the end, even though it matters where I am it doesn't matter to me anyway because I don't have anything in my world except for Manga, novels and anime. But they were also becoming boring for me as you know too much something is not a good idea.

Whenever I got time I read manga and Novels or watch Anime. You can say that because of these things, I don't have a single friend, So you can just forget about me having a girlfriend.

I started watching Anime and other things late in my final year of high school before that I thought they were kid's shows. But after the death of my parents in an accident, this kid's show was the only thing that kept me going. I watched Dragon ball Z and from there, my otaku journey began. I had also become shut in for a year but thankfully I don't have a problem with my social skills. I was able to finish my studies and got a good job in an IT company, I didn't have any goals in my life after the death of my parents.

But I still take care of my fitness as a fan of Dragon Ball Z, How can I not be fit? I can only say that My Idol is Goku when I have a fit body as it would be a shame if someone found out that I am a fan of Goku but am not fit.

It was my brainwashing technique to keep me going in my life as If there was no anime and If I hadn't watched DBZ during my tough times. I don't know if I would have had the power to overcome my depression and maybe would have succumbed to it instead.

But thankfully for me, there were Animes and now here I am monologuing myself about my life. Ha ha, anyway I know about this kind of thing. Currently, my favourite genres are Isekai and System because I also want to run away from my reality. As for the system, who doesn't want it? Even those who dislike system genres don't dislike the system they just dislike how uselessly the MC is using the system.

So, when I saw myself in the mirror I was first shocked but then I thought that I was in another world. But who knows, I might be just dreaming because of my tight schedule work. Fucking death march, As much as it sounds cool it is not.

After ending my monologues I look around the room and find a door. I got up from my bed and went towards the door, I tried to open it but found it was not opening. So, I realised that I was trapped in here, I didn't think much about it and went to the water pot and drank some water from it. I looked around again to find another door in the room, I checked it and found that it was the door to the bathroom and toilet. For some reason, I Felt like I was in prison but I didn't think much about this because my studio apartment was the same.

I sit on the edge of the bed after finding nothing new. As I sat I suddenly heard the sound coming outside of my room's main door and felt like someone opened the door lock. After some time a woman comes inside the room without even knocking. She looked at me first then around me, Then she nodded and said, " Hello, My name is Sofia can you introduce yourself to me."

As she finished saying this, Suddenly a voice echoed in my head saying, [ New language detected, Making the new language available for the host to understand and use when talking.]

At hearing this I remembered that I still have the system but now was not the time to think about the system. I first have to talk with this woman who is wearing some kind of clothes with an unknown style which looks like a salwar kameez but also a skirt and shirt. It was weird but she looked wonderful in it. I cleared my throat not to get distracted by her sight.

I replied politely, " Hello Miss Sofia, My name is James Davies, You can call me James."

Sofia replied, " Then you can call me Sofia too as we don't seem much older than each other." I gave her a nod at that.

Sofia said, " You might be hungry now so first eat up and also wash up, I have already prepared the clothes for you so you can take a bath in the bathroom and eat after that. After finishing your meal you will be met by someone who will ask about your situation. Okay?"

To this, I nodded as I also thought that my inquiry was going to happen anyway as I was unknown here. Seeing me nod, Sofia also nodded back and then looked outside the door and said, " Chan Chan, please come inside with food and clothes."

I thought she was calling someone but instead of a human, A pink coloured creature came into the room. The shape of its body was like an egg and this creature though it looked weird to me it's still looked adorable. It made me not very scared or anything seeing this thing and strangely I felt more calm when this creature came into the room. So I didn't get a chance to freak out and my nerves were already calm and this creature made it even more calmer.

She comes with a wooden tray with some bowls in it. The clothes were around her arms. She came near me placed the wooden tray on the bed and placed the clothes beside them. The pink creature said, " Chan Chansey Chansey." I don't know what it said but it looks adorable.

The woman said to me, " Okay then we will get going now." To which I nodded they went out and again locked the door from outside. I sighed seeing this and got up from the bed with the clothes and went to the bathroom. Thankfully there was a small window at the top of the bathroom's wall at one direction, From where the sunlight was coming into the bathroom making the place lit.

After bathing and wearing the new clothes which were different than the modern clothes. They are shirts and pants but with no design or anything in them and they are brown and black, but even though they are plain looking they are comfortable, which was good. After wearing the clothes I sat on the bed to eat the food as I was feeling hungry right now. I started devouring the food which was rice and some kind of curry with some fruits.

The food was delicious, After I finished eating the food I placed the tray with the empty bowl on the ground and went to the bathroom to wash my hands. After that, I drank a glass of water and sat on the edge of the bed. I don't know when the said person will come so I thought about checking the system.

11