9. The Weeks Go On
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: So uh, I might have gone a bit carried away for the bonus section.


"Noli leonem dormientem excitare"

("Do not wake a sleeping lion")

—Motto of the Empire of Neragon


15:31 WT, 18th of February, 1639 (18th of Memesa, 1995)

Embassy of the Kingdom of Paqueonia (Reino de Paqueañes), Loweheim District, Greater Wilding, Aialand, Neragon


The next week passed in a quick blur for Anna James, between her duties at VROEMG, the looming threat of I-01, and keeping tabs on the activities of the Neragese government ever since the displacement, time seemed to slip through her fingers like grains of sand.

And now, Anna found herself making her way through the once graceful courtyard of the Paqueon embassy. Makeshift tents and shelters were sprawled across the once elegant gardens and pathways. Reminding the green-eyed Avisian of the shanty towns she had once lived in during her youth.

She grimaced at the unpleasant memory, clamping her teeth together as she stepped over a discarded blue blanket, pushing her way through the maze of tents and people, like molasses through a narrow passage.

Eventually (read: a whole 10 minutes), she managed to reach the entrance of the embassy building where a line had formed, some had anxious and worried faces while others were bored, all waiting for their turn to enter. Anna mentally sighed; this was going to be a very long wait.

She normally wouldn’t even be here, if it had been a mission, she would’ve sent one of her subordinates instead. It was not that she hated this place, far from it. But if the recent rumours were true, the Paqueon Embassy had been accepted as under the control of the Council of Deities.

Like her Director, Evans Nott, she distrusted them. "They are a relic from a time long gone, and they knew it," He had said to her offhandedly when he heard the news of the forming of the Council. "But it seems they now want their former glory back."

"What do you mean by that?" She had asked.

"A shift in power is coming, many still hold the gods in high regards, and many more yearn for the return to the… Old Ways." Nott had said with a hint of derision – Anna could practically feel the contempt by how he had pronounced the phrase “Old Ways” – "They might present it as an advisory role, but trust me, they are aiming for something more."

But this wasn’t a mission – or at least, a VROEMG mission. She had been sent an e-mail 9 days ago saying a minor had been stranded from his family due to the displacement and she was their closest relative.

She couldn't simply abandon someone even if she hadn't even known she had any relatives alive until now, and she was rather curious as well.

It was eventually arranged for her to meet him this day due to the hectic events related to VROEMG and the Great Displacement she had to deal with.

The boy was her third cousin once removed, the embassy staff behind the e-mail had written. And his name was Saul Rodríguez. Anna was surprised to say the least that she had relations so far south as to be from Paqueonia, although to be fair, she had never bothered to check her genealogy before…

She waited for about 7 minutes in queue before a dark-skinned man in the white-suited uniform of the embassy approached her. He seemed to think for a moment before opening his mouth "Ar-are you..." he paused, struggling to find the appropriate word. "you señorita James?"

Anna did not know what "señorita" meant but she knew what he was asking. "Yes, I am."

The man exhaled lightly. He nodded quickly, before replying in his light Paqueon accent. "Please, follow me. I will... bring you to your... pupilo."

Anna was led through the embassy entrance, stares coming from the people in line. The embassy interior itself was just as packed as the courtyard.

She followed the black man as they pushed through the crowd, men in suits with briefcases, families huddled together in corners— Anna nearly tripped on a luggage bag which was lying in her path.

They eventually made their way into a corridor where the mass of people thinned.

"Aq— Here." The embassy staff said once they had reached a particular door. "The boy and his... acompañante should be waiting inside."

"Thank you," Anna said politely, and she pushed forward the door without a thought.

The room was a small lounge and a silver-haired man in his 60s immediately stood up from a plush brown sofa to greet her, a small smile on his face.

"Head James, I presume." He spoke, sticking his hand out.

Anna knew exactly who he was just by voice alone. She shook his hand. "Yes, you are Professor Gallagher." It was not a question.

The professor's eyebrows shot up, "Do you know me? Never mind, that's off-topic. Please, have a seat, Young Saul here has been anxious for your arrival".

Anna acknowledged with a nod. Saul had stood up from the sofa, fiddling with the hem of his worn, blue shirt. He looked no older than a late teen with brown hair which seemed to have been combed recently, most definitely for this occasion. He looked apprehensively at her.

"Hello ma'am," he said rather woodenly.

Anna smiled. "Well met, Saul. I'm Anna. How are you holding up?"

Saul's eyes darted between Anna and Professor Gallagher. "I'm okay... I guess, I still can't believe all of this is happening."

Anna leaned against an armrest of the sofa, prompting Saul to sit back down as well a few metres away.

She nodded sympathetically, "It must be hard to process, being separated from your family like this."

Saul was uncomfortable, that much was obvious as he looked away, but he still nodded in response.

There was an awkward pause before Professor Gallagher cleared his throat. "Right, well we have the necessary documents for you here, everything's been processed with the Department of Visas and Immigration so you can legally take guardianship of Mr. Rodríguez and he can become a Neragese citizen." he explained, reaching for a file on the nearby table. "Expect an e-mail from the Ministry of Interior sometime in the near future once you’ve signed it… about identification matters."

Now it was Anna's turn to be surprised. "Well, that's quite fast, I expected such a process to take a few months at least." She spoke.

The professor’s eyes seem to twitch. "It just needed a small push in the right direction." He handed over the file to Anna, who accepted it with a curt nod.

"Thank you, Professor." Anna glanced through the contents briefly, and then, she thought of something. "Do you know what kind I am, Saul?"

At that, Saul huffed, his previous nervousness gone. "I'm not racist!" He exclaimed.

Anna laughed, "I needed to check."

Then, she turned to the professor. "Saul is enrolled at the Magical Institute in Auchblair, correct?"

"Yes, that's correct," Professor Gallagher confirmed.

"And he will be staying there until the end of the school year?"

"Of course." The professor replied.

Anna had to make a decision, she did not have a house as she lived and worked at Site Alpha full time. So she had to either have him live with her at the Site during the summer breaks, which might not even be approved of and potentially lead him to danger even if it was, or arrange for Saul to stay with someone else, probably one of his friends.

She voiced her thoughts.

"Umm... I could stay with Ja— my best friend?" Saul said.

Anna nodded slowly, "That would do if they agree to it."

"I can call him now,” Saul offered.

"Do so."

She watched as Saul pulled out his phone, fingers tapping hurriedly across the screen, putting it to his ears after a brief moment. The conversation on the phone seemed brief as Saul nodded and whispered a quick "Thank you" before hanging up.

"He said it's fine," Saul said.

Good. It's settled then," Anna replied, "you will stay at the Institute for the school years and stay with your friend every time else." She paused. "I will have to visit you occasionally to fulfil my obligations as your guardian, ensure your well-being and all that."

"Um, thanks, Ms. James."

"Not a problem, and please, call me Anna."

Professor Gallagher interjected. "You'll need to sign the document to formalise this arrangement."

Anna glanced at the professor. "Of course, do you have a pen?"

"Yes, yes." He said quickly and dove into his pockets, retrieving a sleek black pen. He handed it over to Anna who was now skimming over the document carefully.

After a while, she uncapped the pen and signed the document in her usual slanted manner.

"There we go," she said, handing the pen back to the professor. "I'll be filing it in the near future."

"Splendid," the professor said with a satisfied nod.

Saul sprang up from the sofa as if ready to leave the room and probably the embassy as well.

At that, Gallagher seemed to realise something. "Ah, would it be alright for you to bring him back to the Magical Institute?"

Anna gave the man an appraising look. "I suppose it wouldn't be an issue."

"That would be greatly appreciated, Ms. James."

Anna nodded with a small smile. "No problem." She turned to Saul. "Are you ready to leave?"

Saul nodded. "Yes, ma'am– Anna." He corrected himself.

"Alright then, I would hate to keep your education waiting." Anna gestured for Saul to follow her.


11:18 WT, 16th of February, 1639 (16th of Memesa, 1995)

Infirmary 02, East Wing, Site Alpha, [Unknown County], Tirnikt, Neragon


Evans Nott entered the infirmary, greeting a nurse caring for a man with a bandaged arm with a silent nod of his head.

It was decent in size – about the same area as a proscenium stage, but the emptiness of the room made it feel larger than it actually was.

He quickly made a beeline to the bed that contained one Marcus Fairweather.

As he did, the doctor who was sat up on his mattress, looked up from some papers he was reading. "Herr Nott." He said in a hoarse voice, after which the man promptly cleared his throat.

"Doctor Fairweather," Evans said, a smile on his face. "How are you feeling."

"Like a failure." The man said flatly.

Evans frowned. "Don't be so hard on yourself doctor, the only way you could've seen it coming was if you were a seer which you cer—"

"WE COULD’VE ALL DIED!" The man roared. He threw down his paper onto his covered legs with such force he winced.

Evans raised an eyebrow.

Fairweather sighed. "My apologies Director… I found out what went wrong with our portal."

"Yes?"

The doctor flipped to another page of the paper he was reading and gestured towards a small table on the sheet. "It was a…" – he trailed off, struggling to find the appropriate word – "miscalculation… a flaw in the design. The energy fluctuations during the attempt to open the portal exceeded the runes' capacity, leading to a cascade failure."

"And that is related to the displacement?" Evans asked, taking the paper from Fairweather for a closer look.

Fairweather nodded, shaking slightly. "Definitely, the excess energy not only scrambled the magical ambience of the North Wing but also caused the… manifestation of a large… lets say… bubble around the Neragese isles which pulled us into the world we are in now."

He contemplated something for a moment, before adding. "I must say, we are quite… lucky, for us not to have appeared on any… landmass, or the middle of outer space of that matter."

Evans grimaced but quickly schooled his expression. "What about our territories overseas, or even our Moon Bases for that matter. How was it possible for them to have been displaced as well?"

Fairweather sighed, "We don't understand that aspect yet. And I don't want to give any theoretical explanations until we conduct further investigations. This is worthy of the title of an anomaly in every sense of the word." He chuckled humourlessly.

"Indeed," Evans replied. He looked across the infirmary briefly, letting a solemn silence settle before speaking up again, "I do have another reason for coming here.  I want to get your opinion on something we have recently discovered."

Fairweather hummed, signalling Evans to continue.

The director waved his hand around for a few moments, casting a spell that would minimise the chance of eavesdropping. Satisfied with his work, Evans spoke.

"Two weeks ago, we were notified by a displacee of a version of a world called ‘Earth’. He pointed out a region of the new world looked quite similar to his home country called Japan..."

Fairweather gave a start at the name.

"You've heard of this place," It sounded more like a statement than a question.

Fairweather nodded faintly, almost in shock. "Do you remember the works of John Manfield? They were all the rage back in the '50s to '70s."

Evans looked almost offended. "Of course, you have to be both blind and deaf to have not at least heard about him."

Fairweather offered a small, apologetic smile. "The reason I mentioned Manfield is that – although many people don't really know this – his works are primarily set in a world called 'Earth'…" – Both of Evans’s eyebrows shot up at that – "…and a country called Japan was mentioned countless times across multiple issues and there was even 1 short story dedicated to it."

Evans frowned. "How odd, I would have known if a displacee decided to chronicle their world through the lens of fiction – do you think he might be one that we simply haven't accounted for?"

Fairweather leaned back on his pillow. "It is a possibility." He allowed.

Evans paced a few steps. If the man really was displaced, there would be no point in asking him as he had died back in 1981. But... "I could send an agent to interview his son."

Fairweather nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan."

Evans filed the information away for later and made a mental note to do as he just said.

"Now, back on topic, our spies in the Central Security as well as several other displacees that we employ have confirmed that this region in question is indeed a country that called itself 'Japan'. Intelligence we stole from the Agency states the country was displaced last month and is at least around the same technological level as us."

"Well, that certainly matches," Fairweather mutters. He looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing. "I might be biassed, but I believe we should contact Japan as soon as possible... I am curious to see if they resemble anything like those works by Manfield.”

Evans nodded contemplatively, “I will take your suggestion into account.”


14:51 CMT, 25th of February, 1639 (25th of Memesa, 1995)

City Hall, Salerosi District, Cartalpus, Barruan Province, Holy Milishial Empire


In one particular area in the city hall of Cartalpus, several figures congregated as Prime Minister Sonnenfeld strode stiffly to the middle of a stage behind a marble table at the front of the room and shook hands with the king of the Holy Milishial Empire.

With that, the entire chamber of dignitaries of both parties rose up in thunderous applause as the two powerful leaders acknowledged each other formally for the first time.

For Sonnenfeld this was the big break Neragon needed an opportunity that could help save the country from the projected economic downturn.

And save your entire political career as well, a voice inside him said snidely. He can't help but dream of the popularity he would gain by successfully steering his country out of another crisis. He would have basically guaranteed himself a spot on the ballot of the next election, and hopefully the position of Prime Minister as well.

The current meeting had been planned carefully by the two countries at least a week in advance and ever since the Neragese party had landed in Cartalpus 2 days ago, it had gone quite smoothly…

The terms of trade between Neragon and the Milishial Empire had been drawn over the last few weeks by the Milishial Ministry of Foreign Affairs and their ambassador in Runepolis, Tobias Myong (on advice from the Neragese government of course):

The Holy Milishial Empire agreed to export coal and agricultural goods to Neragon. In exchange, Neragon would initiate a technological transfer programme with the Milishials, more specifically, in the fields of aviation, infrastructure, and runic magic.

Almost in tandem, both heads of state approached the central marble table where two sets of paper lay, showing the details of their newfound agreement. Sonnenfeld sat down as did the emperor a few moments later, each signing their separate documents with a pen and quill respectively, leaving indelible marks that opened a new chapter in the history of both empires.


A Timeline of Gentu Since 1880

  • 1880:
    • The Lumière Âge begins in Oranland.
    • War of 1880 begins between Neragon and the Omaran Empire.
  • 1881: The Nomanan War between the Empires of Paloa and Paqueonia ends.
  • Horseless_carriage.png1882:
    • The University of Hoy Kok is established.
    • The first iteration of the car also known as the horseless carriage (pictured) is invented in Seronia-Sotha and would become popular throughout most of the Oranish world. It was run mostly on runic magic applied to the wheel and a primitive steering stick.
  • 1883:
    • The Palo-Azzaran War occurs and ends in the vassalisation of Azzara by Paloa.
    • The Philimanian Volkist Party is founded.
    • The Rebiran Crisis begins between the Empires of Paloa and Seronia-Sotha.
  • 1884:
    • The Rebiran Crisis ends.
    • Cavalan biologist Abel Baudelaire discovers and names the Baudelaire's bacteria.
  • 1885:
    • James III of Neragon is born.
    • Norbert Blankenburg is elected Prime Minister of Neragon.
  • 1886:
    • The Lappenic War begins between Adan and the breakaway state of Lappen.
    • The War of 1880 ends.
  • 1887:
    • The Bemier Colonial Government is officially established by Paloa.
    • The Convention of Basic Magical Education is adopted by the International Association of Magic (UVM).
  • 1888:
    • The Chainlien Islands are discovered by Cavalan explorer Samuel de Héroux.
    • Site Pi is founded in Chainlien by the Anti-Anomalous League (AAL) (predecessor of VROEMG).
  • 1889:
    • Site Rho is founded in East Trimeshia by the AAL.
    • The Rokotan War begins between the Empires of Paloa and Paqueonia against the state of Rokota.
  • 1890: Second Bandua Convention occurs.
  • 1891: The Lappenic War ends.
  • 1893:
    • The Cavalo-Samin War begins between Cavala and Samin.
    • State secularism is established in Cavala.
    • Site Sigma is founded in Nomana.
  • 1894:
    • Aragon Crisis occurs between Paloa and Seronia-Sotha regarding claims in the Aragon Strait.
    • South Naphtora is colonised by Paloa.
    • The Chainlien Islands are colonised by Cavala.
  • 1896: The Rokotan War ends.
  • 1920px-Image_2024-02-05_191842982.png1897:
    • The Cavalo-Samin War ends in the annexation of Samin by Cavala.
    • Otto Coxburg becomes Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • Aeroplanes (pictured) are invented, by the beginning of the Great War, they would have replaced the usage of Dragons in warfare in nearly all countries.
  • 1898: The Wravian Coup of 1898 overthrows the capitalist government in the country.
  • 1899:
    • The first modern cars are invented in Cavala, seeing the first usage of an engine.
    • The Aralonan War begins between the Paqueon and Serono-Sothan Empires. The war would see the first usage of Tanks.
  • 1900: Site Tau is founded in the Ingentric Ocean.
  • 1901: José I of Cavala dies. José II becomes emperor.
  • File:Néo Couvreur.png1902:
    • Frustrated with the Parliament’s inability to resolve economic and political issues plaguing the Empire, General Néo Couvreur (pictured) establishes a military dictatorship in Cavala.
    • Aralonan War: General Rodrick Gärtnerin pushes Paqueon forces out of the New Rubenis Colony.
  • 1903:
    • Second Calidum War begins between Neragon and Neo-Calidum.
    • The Gurbsavar Demonstrations in Zlatkograd occurs resulting in the Zlatkograd Massacre.
  • 1904:
    • The West Green rail crash occurs in Cavala. Néo Couvreur, who was in crash, would die shortly after at St Roteaux Hospital.
    • The 1904 Cavalan general election results in a conservative win heralding the “L’Années Sombre”.
  • 1905:
    • The Second Calidum War ends.
    • The National Socialist Party wins the election in Brigano.
    • The Naphtoran Wars and Conquests end officially.
    • The Greywall Conference occurs where the necessity for an international organisation that viewed the presevation of education and culture as vital elements of human history was expressed.
  • 1906:
    • The Sirteno Conference begins as a followup of the one in Greywall.
    • First commercial use of the radio in the world in Neragon.
    • Emir III of the Omaran Empire dies, ending an era of reforms for the empire.
    • Queen Isabella dies at 4:38 Western Oranland Time on the 4 Enero [1st month], ending the Isabellan Era for the Palon Empire.
    • Francisco I becomes king of Paloa; Franciscan Era begins.
  • 1907:
    • A coup in Cavala replaces the Conservative Party with the Fierté Nationale under Jean-Pierre Lazard, ending the “L’Années Sombre”.
    • The Chowese Embassy in Wilding, Neragon is burned down and renovated.
  • 1908:
    • Site Upsilon is founded in Haraon.
    • The Aralonan War ends with the Treaty of Sherley.
    • Aerospace manufacturing corporation Washun is founded by Lai Sanhing.
  • 1909:
    • The Sirteno Conference ends with the establishment of a Preparatory Commission which would later go on to found the Gentu Heritage & Culture Remembrance Organisation (GEKSO) a year later.
    • The Magical Innovations Initiative is launched by the UVM.
    • Peter Hügel becomes Prime Minister of Neragon.
  • undefined1910:
    • GEKSO (logo pictured) is founded.
    • The Global Preservation Network is founded by the UVM.
  • 1911:
    • The Exore Crisis begins, originating from a territorial dispute between the Namchiu and Omaran Empire, it would later see the participation of nearly all of the world powers including Neragon.
    • Colona Accords signed between Paqueonia and Brigano signals an alliance between the 2 nations.
  • 1912: The Ivoan National Syndicalist Union begins waging guerrilla warfare against Ivo.
  • 1913:
    • The Glanaples Treaty is signed between Cavala and Brigano, founding the Cordial Alliance.
    • James III ascends to the Neragese throne with the death of his father John II.
  • 1914:
    • The Helmsburg Conference occurs.
    • Treaty of Dawar occurs, ending Exore Crisis.
  • 1915:
    • The Bureau of Magical Espionage of the Cavalan Ministry of Magic (MMC) is founded.
    • Thomas Falkner becomes Prime Minister of Neragon.
  • 1916: Site Phi is founded in the Warkhan Mountain Range.
  • 1917:
    • Tay Mun Airport begins operation in Hoy Kok.
    • The Araujo Bombing of 1917 occurs in an attempt to assassinate Francisco I of Paloa.
  • 1918 (map pictured):
    • Prince Tobias Ludwig of Seronia-Sotha is assassinated by Briganan Volkist Adrian Claude, eventually leading to the outbreak of the Great War
    • The Lumière Âge ends in Oranland.
    • The Great Games end.
    • The Great War begins on the 13th of Okjatab [10th month] when Seronia-Sotha declared war on Brigano, Cavala, Paqueonia and Wravia would follow suit with a declaration of war with Seronia-Sotha. Urga, Wallia and Saroa, and Batsa would join the side of Seronia-Sotha (the Grand Coalition) the same year.
    • The Anti-Colonial League led by Rokota and Neo-Calidum declares war on both sides of the Great War.

1918_great_war.png

  • 1919:
    • Mathoi declares independence from the Namchiu Empire.
    • The Mathoi Revolutionary War begins.
  • 1920:
    • Neragon and Eudocia joins the Great War against Seronia-Sotha, as well as the Cordial Alliance.
    • Seronia-Sotha invades through Ivo to attack Cavala in the Ivo Campaign.
  • 1921: Francisco I of Paloa dies of old age; Afonso VI is crowned king.
  • 1922: Ivo surrenders to Seronia-Sotha.
  • 1923: Site Chi is founded in Walivia.
  • 1924:
    • The Omaran Empire, Yang, and Farhad Federation joins the war against Brigano and Cavala while Namchiu joins the Cordial Alliance.
    • Beginning of the Six Year Stalemate in the Great War.
  • 1925: The Sissatic Genocide begins in the Omaran Empire.
  • Ship-sink-Central-Domica.png1926:
    • Chokaw joins the Great War against Neragon after the sinking of the Chokawese ship CSS Itsicotla (pictured).
    • Afonso VI imposes a dictatorship on Paloa.
  • 1927:
    • General Friedrich Schmetterling of Seronia-Sotha is assassinated.
    • The Omaran Campaign conducted by Namchiu against the Omaran Empire occurs and fails. It saw the first ever large-scale use of tanks in combat.
  • 1928:
    • Mathoi Revolutionary War: With the ousting of Namchiuese forces from the Mathoian Archipelago, the Mathoian Revolutionary War turns into an artillery battle between the two sides.
    • The Attack on Marsonia occurs where joint Briganan and Paqueon forces pushed Serono-Sothan forces out of the occupied city of Marsonia in Brigano. This marked the beginning of the end of the 6 Year Stalemate.
  • 1929:
    • The 1929 jenivert pandemic begins.
    • The first computer is invented by Cavala, at this point, it was about the size of a room.
  • 1930: Thomas Falkner dies due to complications related with the pandemic, Thomas Neuhäusser becomes Prime Minister.
  • 1931:
    • The 1929 janivert pandemic ends.
    • Bombing of Wolfgang, Seronia-Sotha begins.
  • The_Battle_of_the_Somme_film_image1-3.jpg1932:
    • Henry IV of Neragon is born.
    • The Battle of Rotraut (pictured) begins in the Great War, it is the longest battle of the conflict and was also the deadliest.
  • 1933:
    • John Manfield’s debut short story The Washed-Up Man is published in the Wilding Journal.
    • The Battle of Rotraut ends in Cordial Alliance victory.
  • 1934:
    • End of the Great War in Oranland and Hesterath on the 18th of Kunnen [5th month]. Cordial Alliance victory.
    • The Sissatic Genocide ends.
    • The Godfrey Peace Conference occurs from Pulungana [11th month] to Disemba [12th month].
  • 1935:
    • End of the Great War in Naphtora and the Domicas with the Treaty of Astes (stalemate between the Cordial Alliance and Anti-Colonial League) and the Treaty of New Asseia (armistice between Neragon and Chokaw) respectively.
    • Eudocia is replaced in a coup by the Northern United Republic (OVE)
  • 1936: Site Psi is founded in the Nullaric.
  • 1937:
    • The Leitao regicide of 1937 occurs with the death of Afonso VI of Paloa.
    • The Third Palon Civil War begins on the 22nd of Phupu [7th month].
    • The Sulistan War begins with South Naphtora declaring independence from Paloa.
  • 1939:
    • The Azzaran Revolutionary War begins against Paloa.
    • William Teller is elected Prime Minister of Neragon.
  • 1940: The Roaring Fourties begin.
  • 1941: Philimanian self-rule is declared from Neragon.
  • 1942:
    • The Sulistan War ends in independence of South Naphtora.
    • The First Interdisciplinary Thaumatological Ethics Conference is hosted by the UVM and would be hosted every 2 years.
  • 1943: The science-fiction novel Clone Voltenic by Erik Torres releases in Neragon, by the end of the decade, it would’ve become a cultural icon.
  • 1944:
    • Site Omega is founded in Juksia.
    • The first commercial TV in the world in Neragon.
    • The novel The Ebony Statue by Emily Goldstein is published to critical acclaim, kickstarting her career as an author.
  • 1945:
    • Third Palon Civil War: The Battle of Emerlili occurs.
    • Third Bandua Convention occurs, it is the last of the Bandua Conventions which establishes international legal standards for humanitarian treatment in war.
  • 1947: The impeachment of Prime Minister Hugo Deshaies by king José II in Marto sparked protests in Cavala.
    • The Azzaran Revolutionary War ends.
    • Azzara declares independence from Paloa.
  • undefined1948:
    • The Tebax Revolt (pictured) in Cavala sees the deposition of the king, the birth of the 2nd Republic and the election of Hugo Deshaies as president.
    • Site Digamma is founded in Subarctica.
  • 1949:
    • The Murchu Conference results in the formation of the Union of Realms (VR).
    • Phenkung earthquake and tsunami occurs.
  • 1950:
    • The first session of the Union of Realms (flag pictured) convenes on the 10th of Enero [1st month] in Froozan, Farhad.
    • The General Assembly and Security Council convenes.
    • General Assembly and Security Council Headquarters begin construction.
  • 1951:
    • The Wermark Crisis begins in the newly created state of Mareasia, starting the Wettänkrieg between Neragon and the Northern United Republic and by proxy, the Capitalist and Volkist blocs. The Wettänkrieg would see the decolonisation of nearly all colonies in the world, the end of slavery, and the birth of neo-colonialism.
    • undefinedRoaring Fourties end.
    • In the 1951 World Fair; the earliest video game, Space Trail is displayed, developed by student hobbyists of the Weissburg Institute of Technology.
    • Charles Porter is elected Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • Other principal bodies of the VR's headquarters begins construction.
  • 1952:
    • Development of the first Atomic Bomb by Neragon in Memesa [2nd month].
    • The Wermark Crisis ends.
    • The Hidalgo Statement on Magical Cultural Exchange is adopted by the UVM.
    • The Mareasian Civil War begins.
    • The Anti-Anomalous League merges into the Union of Realms, VROEMG is founded as a result.
    • Sites San, Qoppa, and Sampi are founded in Wavantala, Calidum, and Mavantine.
  • 1953:
    • The Mareasian Civil War ends.
    • Paqueonia transitions into a constitutional democracy with the death of King Gerado I.
    • Electronic products manufacturer Hlûtewell Corporation is founded by Thomas Aurelié.
    • The Treaty of Beimen grants Hoy Kok a semi-autonomous status from Paloa.
  • 1954:
    • Cavalan Naphtora rebels against Cavala in the Wenyan War.
    • The first seastead is constructed off the coast of Ulay, Mathoi.
    • Treaty of Genii; Alarica is sold by Neragon to the Hafan religion for $57 billion.
    • General Assembly and Security Council Headquarters complete construction.
  • 1955:
    • Other principal bodies of the VR's headquarters completes construction.
    • The World Food and Agriculture Organisation is founded.
    • Development of nuclear bombs by the OVE.
    • Aerospace manufacturing company Autovolant is founded in Cavala.
  • 1956:
    • 1956 Faucon Flood in Cavala.
    • The International Magical Research Fund is launched by the UVM.
    • The first arcade video game, Le Golf is developed in Cavala.
    • The Third Palon Civil War ends in monarchist victory.
    • Site Fehu is founded in Central Naphtora.
  • Tanks_Destroyed_Sinai.jpg1957:
    • The Namchiuese Civil War (pictured) begins after a Volkist revolt caused the collapse of the country.
    • The Mathoi Revolutionary War officially ends.
    • The Enero [1st month] 1957 Revolution occurs, overthrowing the Kingdom of Paloa and installing the Republic of Paloa; the Franciscan Era ends in Paloa.
    • Storming of the Leitao Palace in Paloa.
    • Arcade game Bixel is developed.
    • Jacob Rabenschwarz is sworn in as Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • The 1957 Palon Presidential Election occurs, Estevão Gonsalves becomes president.
  • 1958:
    • Site Uruz is founded in Warasania.
    • The Railway Union is merged into the Union of Realms, forming the Union of Realms Railway Organisation.
    • First coloured TV in Cavala.
    • Paqueonia transitions back into a monarchy following a national referendum and the crowning of Carlos V.
    • The first home computer, Collier 1-84 (pictured) is released by Edisen Electronics.Collier_1-84.png
  • 1959:
    • Wenyan War: Cavala is defeated at the climactic Battle of Bucan by the Wenyan Alliance, ending the war and establishing the state of Wenya.
    • The Iranit-Aigwean Revolution begins against Paqueonia.
    • Slavery is abolished in Paqueonia.
    • The first man in space is launched in Cavala aboard the Chaîsées 1A.
    • The Samin War begins between Cavala and the rebel Samin state.
    • James III of Neragon dies, Henry IV is crowned king.
  • 1960:
    • The Omaran Empire collapses resulting in the Omaran Civil War.
    • The first video game console, the Edisen Entertainment System by Edisen Electronics, is created.
    • The Oranland Space Organisation is founded.
  • 1961:
    • The Namchiuese Civil War ends; Republic of Chowa proclaimed, as are the Volkist states of Eyoseoul and Juksia.
    • The Department of Magical Accidents and Temporal Phenomenon of the MMC is founded.
    • Neragese Beja is granted independence in exchange for its participance in the newly formed League of Neragese Language Countries. In later years, nearly all other colonies were granted independence under the same conditions. First known case of neo-colonialism.
  • undefined1962:
    • The Alfred-Riverend Defence Organisation (ARDO) (flag pictured) is founded by Neragon and the capitalist bloc.
    • The Iranit-Aigwean Revolution ends with the independence of Iranit and Aigwe.
    • The Union of Realms Organisation of Meteorological Research is founded.
    • Site Thurisaz is founded in the Biscay Sea.
  • 1963:
    • The Ankany League is founded in response to ARDO by the OVE.
    • The Ziel Kerman video game console is developed by Ziel.
    • Carol Websen is elected as Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • Carlos V dies, his son Gerado II is crowned king of Paqueonia.
    • Operation Cavalan Rose is drawn up by VROEMG, it was a plan to use The Portal in Komeriku to evacuate as much of Neragon in case of an outbreak of nuclear warfare.
  • 1964:
    • Site Ansuz is founded in the northern OVE.
    • Peaceful independence of Auralia from Paqueonia.
    • The band Iced Frogs’ debut song She Said I Don’t Care is released, sparking the Age of Rock & Pop. The band itself would go on to become a cultural phenomenon in its own right across the world.
  • 1965:
    • The Bleekrood Accords end the Samin War with their independence.
    • Matarina declares independence from Paqueonia.
  • 1966:
    • Site Raido is founded in Eyoseoul.
    • The Winston I, the first space station is sent into space by Neragon.
    • The Fragenward Institute of Magic in Neragon is sold to GEKSO for roughly $7.5 billion.
  • 1967:
    • The Shanji War begins in the Shanji Dynasty between the capitalist-backed Hoywakist faction and the volkist backed Naohiroist.
    • The World Health Organisation is founded.
    • Kinetic projectiles for orbital bombardment are developed in Neragon.
  • undefined1968:
    • Philimania declares independence from Neragon; Philimanian Crisis (pictured) begins.
    • The Omaran Civil War ends with the establishment of the states of Jukasa, Norland, Sissaland, Merkia, Ikhomnota, and Chinkasa.
    • The Urgan Revolution occurs, the country collapses into the nations of Tawslay, Ornawia, Gurbsavo, and Bunsland.
  • 1969:
    • Site Kaunan is founded in Vashria.
    • The Magical Heritage Restoration Fund is launched by the UVM.
    • Michael Carthysen is elected as Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • The Department of Magic of Neragon is founded in the Ministry of Interior, after merging the Council of Magic and the National Bureau of Magic.
    • E-mail is invented.
  • 1970:
    • The Great Liberalism begins, it saw the widespread abolishment of slavery, the beginning of the Global Anti-War Movement, and the renewed advocation for LGBTQ rights, and basic rights for non-human species.
    • Abolition of Slavery in Cavala.
    • Abolition of Slavery across most of Gentu.
  • 1971:
    • The Philimanian Crisis ends with the Philimanian Peace Agreement.
    • The first video game console based on ROM cartridges called the Fortuna 1000 is developed by Jean-Monet.
    • Treaty of Soley establishes the Union of Central Naphtora between South Naphtora, Rokota among other states.
  • 1972:
    • Site Wunjo is founded in Chokaw.
    • Technological corporation Citrouille is founded in Cavala.
    • The Union of Realms Development Programme is founded.
    • Garatere declares independence from Paqueonia.
  • 1973:
    • The Oranland Trade Union is founded with the signing of the Schaffung Treaty.
    • The Wilding Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is signed.
  • 1974: The Okjatab Revolution establishes the Chowese Federation in place of the Chowese Republic.
  • 1975:
    • The Namhoy Blockade by the OVE begins in response to the Okjatab Revolution.
    • Michael Carthysen is assassinated while in Veragon (successor state of Seronia-Sotha), Martin Howard is eventually elected as Prime Minister.
    • The Chowese (formerly Namchiuese) colonies of Aigamotoi and Mukgok are granted independence as the states of Aigamota and Mokesland.
  • 1024px-Cynthian_moon_mission.png1976:
    • The first man lands on Cynthia [the moon] via the 1976 Cynthian Mission (pictured) by Neragon.
    • The Magical Memorial Register is founded by the UVM.
    • The home computer Citrouille Tarte 76 is released by Citrouille, in the following years, it would become something of a cultural icon in western Oranland.
  • 1977:
    • Site Hagalaz is founded in La Munda.
    • The first 8-bit microprocessor-based video game console, the Celeris Master System is developed by Seising.
    • The UltSystem console, a joint venture between Jean-Monet and Ziel is released.
    • The First Console War begins.
  • 1978:
    • Operation Cavalan Rose is scrapped.
    • VIH/SIDA [HIV/AIDS] epidemic begins in Azzara.
  • 1979:
    • The Shanji War ends with a Hoywakist victory and the establishment of Hoywako Horapon.
    • The New Odius Library is founded by the UVM.
    • The Youkai Council flees to Komeriku in response to the Hoywakist victory and the implementation of anti-youkai policies.
    • The Namhoy Blockade ends.
  • 1980:
    • With the outbreak of the Zenswanan Revolution, president Thibaud Bozonnet of Cavala signs the Lucroy Treaty, granting them independence in exchange for raw resources.
    • The video game crash of 1980 occurs, ending the First Console War.
    • The Kitsune Insurrection occurs in Hoywako Horapon.
  • Playbox_logo_%28png%29.png1981:
    • The Chainlien Crisis occurs and concluded with the formation of the Republic of the Chainlien from Cavala.
    • Ziel files for bankruptcy.
    • The PlayBox video game console (logo pictured) is released by the Hlûtewell Corporation.
    • The 1981 Godfrey Underground Bombing occurs in Cavala.
    • Operation Caméléonne, Cavala's military efforts to contain Hafanist terrorist organisations begin in response to the bombing.
  • 1982:
    • Sites Naudiz and Jera are founded in Aigamota and Garatere.
    • The Vortice A video game console is released by Axion.
    • The first Moon Base is established by Cavala on Cynthia.
  • 1983:
    • The Trimeshian Crisis occurs, both East and West Trimeria are released by Neragon and Paloa.
    • West Trimerian Civil War begins.
  • 1984:
    • Gentu News is established.
    • PC game Sundial is released.
    • In the 1984 edition of the Football World Cup, the finals match between Cavala and Wravia set a record for the highest attendance ever, with a total of 182,270 spectators in attendance.
    • The Gentubreitmatric [World Wide Web] is developed by Ronald Coxley.
  • 1985:
    • Site Ihwaz is founded in the east Nullaric.
    • PC game Honour at Sea is released, as well as Shifting Paradigms.
    • The Jenssen Base is established by Neragon on Cynthia.
  • 1986:
    • Uterine transplantation and Male sex-organ transplantation is developed successfully in Hyeonpyeong and Tsiangpenn, Mathoi.
    • 1986 Power Crisis in Ganjora and Sisonta.
    • The Casaverde Primera video game console is released by Casaverde, it saw the introduction of 16-bit processors, and real-time 3D polygonal graphic rendering in game consoles.
    • The Second Console War begins.
    • Aranto is admitted into Central Naphtora.
    • Social networking service Punktcem is launched.
    • The Transnational Space Station is launched.
  • Iltoeba%C3%A9rs_logo_word.png1987:
    • Haraon Civil War begins in the state of Haraon.
    • MPPDT (Metodologija prijema i prijenosa digitalne televizije) begins development in Mathoi and Brigano.
    • Dominic Kennedy is elected Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • Social media platform Iltoebaérs (logo pictured) is launched.
  • 1988:
    • Trouverbot V2 satellite is launched.
    • The Magical Digital Archive is founded by the UVM.
    • Opening of underwater tunnels called the Mathoilink Tunnel from Mathoi to Gurbsavo.
  • undefined1989:
    • The 1990 Hoy Kokese independence referendum takes place in Disemba.
    • The PlayBox 2 is released.
    • Great Oil Spill of 1989 in the Zestoric Sea off the coast of Paqueonia, after the oil tanker Siempreroja (pictured) ran aground on Acquanera Atoll.
    • Online encyclopedia Omnipædia is launched by Kelvin Savage and Fredrick Tebaxan.
  • 1990:
    • Hoy Kok gains independence from Paloa, officially ending the Palon Empire.
    • The Ezam-Yi console is released by Seising.
    • Kistler Moon Base is established by Neragon.
  • 1991:
    • Sites Perth and Algiz are founded in Adomanta and Meliwa.
    • Video sharing platform Blackbook is released.
    • Kukanan Civil War begins in Kukana.
  • 1280px-Preparing_for_Tank_Live_Fire_in_Norway_160218-M-PK171-041.jpg1992:
    • The Volkist Party of the OVE loses control of the state and was banned following a coup in Enero [1st month] (pictured).
    • Mawan Rebellion begins in Zenswana.
    • A video game digital distribution service named Plaza is established by Casaverde.
    • The Hernslavic War begins with the collapse of the volkist government in the country, Neragon would later intervene.
    • The Wettänkrieg officially ends.
    • The Trenas Collider begins construction.
  • 1993:
    • The Community of Palon Language Countries is founded.
    • Haraon Civil War ends.
    • A joint venture by Seising and Hlûtewell develops the GalaxiaX console, ending the Second Console War.
    • Mawan Rebellion ends in supression.
    • Ornawian Civil War begins.
    • John Sonnenfeld is elected as Prime Minister of Neragon.
    • The Ankany Uprising occurs in the breakaway (from the OVE) state of Ekuchi.
    • Typhoon Wongdei (aftermath pictured) It would be one of the deadliest natural disasters in the recent history of Eyoseoul, Mathoi and Chowa.1280px-Typhoon_wongdei.png
  • 1994:
    • Social media site Sofoon is founded.
    • The Youkai Council is reorganised as the Yōkai Independence Association.
    • The first public mobile game is developed by Axion as a port of Bixel.
    • The Mobile War begins.
    • The 1994 Aquamic Ocean earthquake and tsunami occurs.
  • 1995 (map pictured):
    • MPPDT (Metodologija prijema i prijenosa digitalne televizije), co-developed by Mathoi, Brigano, and Hoy Kok is complete.
    • Neragon is displaced into another world in a freak accident related with portals conducted by VROEMG.

1995.png

Corvus, G. (1995). A Timeline of Gentu Since 1880. Modern History. Retrieved 14 Memesa 1995 from https://gbm.modernhistory.cem/timelines/modern_era/1880-1995

0