Part 1 – The Return of the Frog
170 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let us imagine for a moment what could have happened if a certain argument, preceding the conference about what to do with Xie Xingye went a bit differently…

***

Qinghe was in the middle of giving the tongue-lashing of a lifetime to the self-entitled cultivators when his voice suddenly fell away, his eyes filled with surprise and bewilderment.

Following the revelation of Sentinel Wei’s past, the room was now once more enveloped in weighty silence. But this time, what caused the silence was astonishment and the enormous effort required to hold back one’s laughter.

From out of nowhere, a frog appeared and decided it could get the best vantage by perching on the bald Sect Master’s head. As if it could understand what was going on, it kept surveying its surroundings with a disdainful gaze. Paying special attention to the three men closest to it.

With everyone’s gazes locked onto him, or to be more exact, onto the top of his head, the bald Sect Master finally noticed the unfamiliar weight on it. Looking upwards his eyes met with those of the frog. The frog’s eyes clearly saying that it was looking down his nose at him.

“What the…?!” He shouted angrily and made with his arm to swat the annoying creature away.

But as if it couldn’t be bothered, the frog jumped away lazily from its perch at the perfect shiny spot and landed gracefully on the floor in the midst of the befuddled cultivators.

It threw one more disdainful look back at the three, like it wouldn’t see such a disgrace in its lifetime again and finally galloped away with the still dazed cultivators making a way for it. Leaving the bald Sect Master and the goateed Elder with their mouths agape in its wake.

Not being able to restrain himself anymore Wu Xiao, with a voice that belied barely held back laughter, whispered to his lover: “You see, my lovely Ah-Shui, even that frog knows right from wrong!”

Those overhearing the words of the Silver Moon’s Sect Master in the couple’s close proximity just couldn’t contain themselves anymore and broke out in raucous laughter. Soon, the entire room followed suit.

Thus the heavy atmosphere from earlier which was created by recalling the atrocious ways of the Heavenly Wyverns vanished into thin air.

Hi there!

This is the original theater that started off the frog's adventures - although some minor revisions have been made to make it flow better. It was meant to be a single, funny scene but, as we often joked with Crimson, the frog was indeed mighty and it just demanded its tale to be told.

Hope you will have as much fun reading as I had writing it :)

3