Chapter 1
112 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“To think tomorrow we will be attending a magical school, Ju-long.” Jin said in an excited tone of voice, a wide smile on his lips, and looking up into those pretty golden eyes. “I still can’t believe it. Can you believe it? Best of all the letter claims we do not have to pay for school supplies or food or clothing.”

“Still unable to pronounce the name of the school? The name is Unicus.” Ju-long comments calmly to him and he picks up a hair brush to brush Jin’s long golden blond hair which goes to his waist. “Now turn around so I can brush and braid your hair before bed.”

Jin puffs out his cheeks, rolls his blue eyes, and turns around. Ju-long smiles faintly to himself before gently brushing the other boy’s hair.

“I bet you are thinking by attending Unicus you can avoid math related topics.” Ju-long stated causally while carefully brushing for he doesn’t want to hurt Jin. Ju-long keeps his own hair short to the nape of his neck. He helps keep Jin's hair from getting cut short by helping him take care of it by brushing and braiding.

“How did you know?” Jin asks slowly and after a moment goes by he receives a simply reply from the slightly taller boy.

“We have been together in this orphanage since we were two years old, Jin. I’ll make certain to help you.” Ju-long answers in a gentle voice and then he tosses the hair brush onto the bed. Afterwards he slowly starts to braid Jin’s waist long hair.

“I’m holding onto hope that Unicus doesn’t require any kind of math skills.” Jin mutters and he crosses his arms. Ju-long puts the dark blue hair tie at the end, he turns Jin around, and as always the tips of Jin’s ears are covered. Jin uncrosses his arms and looks down at the floor. “Ju-long do you think I will be made fun of in Unicus? The only pretty thing about me is my hair.”

“Jin.” Ju-long voice sounding soft and he was trying to figure out what words to say to give comfort to the other boy.

“Well I know no matter what you’ll be by my side. The world can be against me and only you won’t abandon me. I won’t ever abandon you either, Ju-long.” Jin said cheerfully and he gives Ju-long a quick hug before jumping onto the bed. “To think this will be our last night here. Can you please tell me a fairy tale? It might be the last one…I don’t know if we will be in the same bedroom or not in Unicus.”

Ju-long sits on the bed and looks down at Jin. He pinches Jin’s cubby cheeks for a moment before releasing.

“Once upon a time there was a baby fairy who was born an hour after a baby dragon broke out of it’s shell and of course the baby dragon ate its own egg shell.” Ju-long voice sounding quiet, soft, and gentle while looking at Jin.

“Why did the baby dragon eat its own egg shell?” Jin asked in a curious tone of voice.

“So he could have the memories of his ancestors and be a smart little dragon.” Ju-long replied calmly to him.

“Oh so the little dragon is a he…How did he know that he has to eat his egg shell?” Jin questioned him and looking up into his eyes.

“Because of instinct.” Ju-long answered simply and Jin nods his head.

“What did the little baby dragon look like?” Jin asked him and there was silence for about ten seconds before he got a reply from the other boy.

“Black scales and golden eyes. Anyway after eating his egg shell he walked around and discovered a dying fairy holding her baby son. The fairy with her final breath managed to have the little dragon vow to become her son’s future partner and for the little baby dragon to protect her son. The baby dragon at the time did not understand the meaning of future partner, but he agreed for felt a bit of connection to the baby fairy and wanted to protect him.” Ju-long commented and he pokes Jin’s chubby cheeks. “Thus the baby dragon for two years raised the baby fairy feeding him fruits and morning dew. The baby dragon at the age of two was finally able to transform into a human shape the appearance of a two-year old human baby. His eyes appearing to be green to all who are human even to those who have even one percent of human blood running through their veins. His hair is black and his skin slightly tanned. The baby dragon decided to put himself and the baby fairy in front of a door belonging to an orphanage.”

“Why did the baby dragon do that?” Jin asked in a sleepy voice and looking up at the other boy.

“Because he was thinking of the baby fairy. He had thought that the little fairy would be even happier when being around a lot of others around the same age. That the little fairy would have a bed, out from the cold outdoors, and everything. Indeed there was food and a nice little bed, but it turned out that everyone in the orphanage found the little fairy to be very ugly and the little dragon was very shocked for he found the little fairy to be adorable. The adults did not voice it, but showed with their eyes. The children were more than willing to voice it and called the little fairy all sorts of cruel names.” Ju-long said quietly and his eyes showing a bit of pain which went unnoticed by Jin. “The little dragon wished he could burn those cruel children and those adults who ignored, but he is unable to spite out fire and unable to cast any bad luck curses until the age of ten years old.”

“What did the little fairy look like?” Jin asked him.

“Beautiful golden hair that feels like silk. Innocent blue eyes like the ocean. Lovely pale skin when touched feels soft and smooth. Cute little ears at the tip has a slight point in the future those ears will become pointy. Short and slender. The little fairy to the little dragon looks like the most beautiful creature in the entire universe.” Ju-long answered simply and he lets out a little sigh. “Alas everyone sees the adorable little fairy as being ugly, fat, and unappealing. Even the little fairy believes himself to be that only the little dragon can see the truth.”

“How can it be the truth when only one believes it?” Jin asked quietly and looking down.

“All fairies until the age of sixteen years will appear to be very unattractive to themselves and to everyone else expect to those who vow to become their future partner. The fairy will only see their hair as looking pretty. The little dragon is tempted to take the little fairy away from the orphanage, but knows how powerless he is until he turns ten years old and every day does his best to comfort the little fairy. The years slowly go by the little dragon and the little fairy are ten years old.”

“Does the little dragon burn down the orphanage and take the little fairy away?” Jin asked curiously and Ju-long lets out a little cough.

“No the little dragon had felt death would be too sweet thus he cast a bad luck curse on all those who have picked on the little fairy even those who have been adopted and to those who quit working at the orphanage. The little dragon and the little fairy will be going to the magical realm together.” Ju-long informs him and Jin lets out a sleepy yawn.

“Will the little dragon and little fairy get married and live happily ever after? That’s how a lot of fairy tales tale end in marriage and happily ever after.” Jin said in a drowsy voice and hugs his pillow in his arms. Ju-long’s cheeks are flushed, he lets out a little cough, and then gives Jin a kiss on the forehead.

“Well only time will tell. Good night, Jin.” Ju-long managed to say and he starts heading towards his own bed.

“I think the little fairy will marry the little dragon for the little dragon is kind. Goodnight, Ju-long.” Jin commented before falling asleep and Ju-long trips over his own two feet along with his cheeks feeling as if they are on fire.

I hope you all are enjoying and perhaps looking forward towards more. What do you think of Jin and Ju-long?

6