Galea Alba
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Round Round Get Around, I Get Around~" A classic California rock/pop track plays unheard by all except for the white helmeted biker, the deafening roar of their magenta bike's V4 engine singing along as they travel the dusty open asphalt road. Arid shrubland is all there's to see for miles, except for the small town about twenty miles ahead of the rider.

After fifteen lovely minutes of cruising the biker slows to a stop outside a diner near the outskirts of the town, seeing a man step out of his pickup the biker waves for his attention.

" 'scuse me, sir! Can you give me directions to the gas station, my partner here's got a mad thirst on!" The rider hollers.

"Straight 'til the third left!" The man loudly replies.

The biker gives a nod of thanks and takes off in the direction given.

Pulling up at the station's gas pumps the rider turns the bike's engine off and dismounts, they take off their helmet revealing a freckled cool face, atop their head sits messy medium-long Bubblegum pink dyed hair, they rest their helmet on the seat, open the bike's fuel cap and fill the tank with a smile while humming along to a tune in their head.

"Hmm, Hmm hmm. Done, did that sate your thirst, sweet." They say cheerily to the bike which offers only silence in response.

"Good good, well I'm just going to pop into the shop for a bite to eat and a drink, you don't mind, right?.. Good!" The biker continues jubilantly, picking up their helmet and trotting over to the accompanying convenience store.

Entering through the doors after accidentally pushing despite the door being labelled pull, the pink-haired biker casually strolls the short aisles browsing for something that strikes their fancy, they continue around stopping here and there until they get to the refrigerator and internally debate whether to get the Italian sub or the turkey and cheese, eventually, they decide to get both, feeling that they're probably hungry enough and that even if they are unable to finish both they can always have the rest while on the road.

Having decided on a meal the freckled figure quickly began searching for a refreshing fluid to wash it down, immediately they stumbled upon a favourite of theirs, Rockstar Energy, but the wide variety stocked made picking just one can an impossible challenge, but hungry and just wanting to get eating rushed their decision as they quickly grabbed four cans randomly and dropped them into the helmet they were using as a makeshift basket.

Happy with their choice they walk over to the distracted cashier with a bounce in their step, they place their bounty on the counter, the sound of the aluminium cans against the hard surface quickly bringing the girl behind the counter out of her daydreaming and she starts to scan the items.

"And that'll be fifteen..." The young woman begins to say but freezes as she looks up to see the customer's face, noticing the sparkle in her eyes and the reddening blush appearing on her tanned face, the cheeky biker decides to tease her a little.

"What's wrong little bunny, 'ave I spooked ya?" They say in a sultry teasing tone with a slight low chuckle.

"Oh. Um, I apologise ma'am. Ah, I'm sorry I shouldn't assume, so erm-" she sputters in a panic but is interrupted.

"Calm yerself, I don't mind at all, with pronouns I'm pretty much fine with anything, but if you had looked at my tits you'd have seen that I generally go with she/her." The biker says pointing at a pink badge with said pronouns displayed, attached to her blue leather jacket at the chest.

"Oh, right, sorry for that. Anyhow, ma'am you're total comes to fifteen dollars and fifty-seven cents." The now calmed but still flushed cashier says as professionally as she can.

The biker gives a polite nod as she grabs her wallet from the bag on her waist, she fishes out the coins for the fifty-seven cents and drops them by the till, she then looks through her notes before taking out a twenty and two fifty dollar bills, and she sets them by the coin change.

"I appreciate a tip but a hundred bucks is too much for me." The humble cashier says trying to hand the two notes back.

"I see, too much for you, hmm. Would ya prefer if I tipped you twenty dollars five times? Hahaha. Look just take it blossom, a small out-of-the-way place like this surely doesn't bring you many customers outside of regulars." The woman says with a gentle smile.

"Okay, thank you!" She replies gladly.

"By the way, do you mind if I eat at one of those tables in the corner?" The biker asks.

"No, not at all!" The cashier answers energetically.

Ending their interaction the pink-haired woman takes her goods to one of two small wooden tables sat next to the large windows of the convenience store, she places her helmet on the table and then lays out the food and drinks in front of her as she takes a seat on the leather stool.

From her breast pocket, she takes out her phone, opens up a site for web novel updates and selects the latest chapter of a mediocre reincarnation novel she had been reading, she begins to read as she starts opening one of her sandwiches and takes a bite after reading the first two sentences, she carries on scrolling through as she savours the flavour of the turkey and cheese, halfway through she takes a quick break placing her phone down and opens one of the cans for some sip.

The refreshing flavour of tropical punch fills her mouth and the caffeine begins to kiss her brain, she finishes her first sub sandwich and half of her drink. She then picks up her phone and continues from where she left off, taking occasional sips as she does.

While the biker read in silence, the girl had been watching her quietly while trying to build up her resolve and confidence, 'Come on em you can do this, just walk over and ask for her number, how hard is that.' She thought, mentally hyping herself up.

Having reached the end of the chapter the freckled woman looks up from her phone to see the girl approach, she had released her auburn hair from a ponytail, and it now swayed at shoulder length. Seeing the cute thing approaching she put down her phone and gave this young woman her full attention.

"Excuse me, but I think you're pretty and cool and... can I get your phone number?" The auburn-haired lass asks, the person in question simply smiles letting the silence sit and eat away at the demure girl.

"There are only two reasons I know for someone to ask for a phone number from someone they find attractive, First is they want a relationship or a date, basically something more than a one-off fling. The second is they want a casual hook-up but are too shy to ask face-to-face. So, take a seat and let's talk and find out what it is you really want, huh." The woman lazily says and gestures to the seat opposite her.

After the lass shyly takes her seat, the woman continues, "Now let's start with introductions, I'm Petra and I think you're very sweet,"

"I'm Emily, it's nice to meet you Petra," Emily replies.

"It's good to meet you too Emily, now shall I get to my main issue with your request, I don't do relationships, I travel too much for anything long-lasting, so if you're after a girlfriend you'll have to look elsewhere, hell look at my contacts," Petra says passing her phone over to Emily with her contacts open.

Emily stunned looks it over to see only four entries: Brother, Gobshite, Ma, My Number. She hands it back asking, "I gather the rest, but who's 'gobshite,' if you don't mind me asking?"

"It's my older brother Donovan and he's a gobshite. Anyway, now it's my question, what is it you'd like from me, you know a relationship is off the table unless you're okay with not seeing me for five years and me sleeping around, If you want a bit extra attention I don't mind extending my stay here till tomorrow?" Petra says with a smirk.

"Is there no way of convincing you? I mean I'm still excited at the prospect of having a chance to sleep with you, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think I fell in love with you at first sight." Emily replies crimson with embarrassment at her honesty.

Petra just chuckles softly and then sits in thought for a moment that feels like an eternity for Emily.

"I find the idea you've fallen for me very cute, but before we go forward with anything I'd need you to provide me with proof of your age. As for dating, it isn't impossible, I don't mind delaying my journey for a month or two to get to know you, however, I am a traveller at heart and if you still want to be with me by the time I leave, I do have a passenger seat but you'd need to be willing to abandon everything you have here, and live a life never able to settle down, always going from place to place." Petra responds sincerely.

"Definitely!" She instantly answers.

"Hold your horses, it's not such an easy choice to make, take your time, I've had plenty of boyfriends and girlfriends think they'd love this life only to be unable to cope with the lack of stability," Petra states with a soft smile that struggles to hide the excitement she feels.

Emily enthusiastically nods, beaming with a wide pearly smile.

Petra finishes her other sandwich and another can of Rockstar while she and Emily engage in some lighter conversation about hobbies and interests, both having found a shared love of horror films.

"No, You're Next is the best horror film of the twenty-first century, hands down." Petra asserts.

"You're Next, horror? Really? Home invasion, sure. Slasher, maybe? but it's hardly horror, and certainly not the best of the last twenty years, Get Out, The Descent, and Train to Busan, those are good horror films." Emily refutes.

"You can't seriously tell me that Sharni Vinson's performance as Erin isn't the best final girl you've ever seen." Petra counters assertively.

"I'll admit that her portrayal was mighty good, but surely you can't say it's better Sigourney Weaver as Ripley," Emily says.

"Obviously, but we're only talking films since the year two thousand, the original was nineteen seventy-nine with her latest appearance being the Ripley clone in Resurrection which was ninety-seven." Declares Petra passionately.

The joy-filled debate carries on for a few more minutes as the ladies are absorbed in their chatting and the time starts to fly by.

"This has been so much fun, but I need to find some accommodation before it gets dark," says Petra as she starts to gather her things.

"Oh? If you need somewhere to stay, you're more than welcome to stay at my place." Emily casually offers.

"Geez, I had no idea you were one of the crazy ones, ain't you worried? I could totally be a serial killer!" Jests Petra.

"Why? When was the last time you heard of a murderer that looked like they fell in a cotton candy machine? Besides, shouldn't you be the least bit cautious around me? I mean we just met today and I'm already inviting you into my home, I could have you tied up in my cellar." Emily reciprocates.

"Ooh la la, it's been ages since I last had some fun while in rope, and on the first date, aren't you just a little devil in the sheets," says Petra in retort.

Suddenly realising the implications of her accidental double entendre Emily turns scarlet, which elicits a quiet laugh from Petra.

Taking her helmet back under her arm Petra stands and looks down at Emily for a moment, "Well I suppose I'll take you up on your offer,"

She moves to the door to leave, before stopping to continue her words, "Though if I'm staying with you I suppose it's only fair if I introduce you to my beloved Gen."

Emily slowly follows her out to the pumps mildly confused, "I thought you said you didn't do relationships, let alone did you mention a partner. Not that I mind, I've been in a poly before, but still, it seems a bit disingenuous to not have mentioned them an hour or two ago"

A hearty chuckle escapes Petra as they begin to near their destination, "But you're wrong I mentioned my sweet treacle tart plenty, and anyway Genesis isn't someone as insignificant as a girlfriend or wife, she's looked after me for a decade and I literally wouldn't be here today without her."

Arriving revelation dawns upon Emily as her confused smile turns straight, "Genesis is a bike?" she asks rhetorically in a flat tone.

"How dare you! She isn't such a lesser thing." Petra responds in offence, and she quickly turns to comfort the poor motorcycle "Don't you listen to her dear Sweetness. She doesn't mean it, she doesn't know any better. There, there, what a beautiful mechanical being you are." She says hugging the silent engine reassuringly.

"OK Wow, and you called me crazy," Emily smirks.

Petra stands from her slightly crouched hug and turns to look Emily in the eye with a smile wide, "Hey, just because I happen to love and talk with an exquisite woman, who just so happens to be made mostly of aluminium, doesn't make me deranged." She says adding a quiet "Just a bit eccentric," under her breath.

"Anywho," Petra continues, "the reason I've Introduced you to my love, it wasn't with the intention of you joining our preexisting relationship, although that'd be lovely," she looks deep into Emily's eyes, "I believe it's important to establish early on that there are three who I will always love more than you; Firstly myself, then Gen, and then travelling slash freedom."

Emily stands pondering as the orange glow of the sun, now low in the sky, begins to bathe the three of them in its mellow warmth.

Finally, she seems to come to half a conclusion and begins to inspect and scrutinise the woman and her motorcycle, before she closes her eyes and takes a moment to contemplate her thoughts.

After some minutes she opens her eyes to see Petra now partially sitting on the bike, her hair blowing in the breeze and tinged salmon pink by the evening's golden luminance, which also grants her visage a newly seen radiance.

"Okay," Emily begins "despite the fact I doubt I can treat your m-... Despite the fact I doubt I can love and treat Genesis as you do, and as much as I'd love to be your number one, I understand. Everyone has things important to them, so if your fourth spot is open, it would mean a lot if I could fill it."

A dry chuckle escapes Petras lips before she replies, "Do you always rush headfirst into relationships like this or am I just that special, hehe? Now let's slow this down, get to know each other, a dinner date, your place and I'll cook. If you don't mind me using your kitchen that is."

"That sounds wonderful," Emily responds jubilantly.

"Great, well then, when do you get off work? I'll give you a lift home." Petra offers.

"I'm pretty sure you're our last customer of the day, I'll close early, gimme a sec while I lock up," Emily replies, she then runs off back to the shop.

Left to her own devices Petra grabs her keys and breathes life into her formerly silent companion. 

The sun seems to have grown stronger which begins to draw her interest however she notices Emily's return and beckons her close.

Having closed the distance, and now within arms reach of one another, Petra places one arm behind Emily's back and pulls her into an embrace, she holds it for a moment before giving her a peck on the cheek and separating from her.

Moving a lock of hair from Emily's cheek Petra notices her blush, and notes her wandering expectant eyes.

Suddenly impassioned and feeling heat fill her, she gently grabs Emily's chin and leads her slowly closer, when their lips are merely a hare's breath away Petra places her thumb over the bottom lip of Emily, wiping to the side while pulling away.

"As much I would so love to continue I would rather not risk any criminal charges. So let's set off, I'll get us fed and then after I've seen your date of birth, perhaps we can continue." A smirking Petra says with at least some of her reason returning.

Emily pouts saying "I'm twenty-five, it's not like I look that young."

"I'm sure you are, poppet," Petra replies stroking Emily's hair, "but you wouldn't be the first person to lie to me about their age, and don't intend to learn the same lesson twice."

It is only now that the two notice that it is currently far too bright for the time of day, unfortunately, it's too late and the light encapsulates their surrounding, soon all they can see is orange then yellow and then just bright light, so bright even closing your eyes you cannot escape it.

Before long the light appears as though one is all alone in a room of pure white, and then it turns black as if everything else had been consumed, finally even black disappears as if in a universe devoid of anything, not air, truly nothing, just space.

Throughout this, not one thought passed through Petra's mind, as though even cognition was prohibited.

1