Chapter 01: Reborn
663 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of the world, in a dark labyrinth, stands a shiny blue blob seemingly made of liquid, amidst an army of creatures that could barely be described as monkeys.

Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation...

Well, it all began because of my parent's work. That made me transfer to a high school in Japan. And who would have thought that a foreigner would have such a difficult time finding his school when he can only say "Kon'nichiwa" in Japanese...

So, after arriving nearly two hours late on my first day at school, I wondered why the gates weren't closed like I had seen in anime. But that made it easier for me since I didn't have to jump over them, even though I could.

Running through the gate and into the school, I took out the paper my mother had prepared for me and saw that I needed to go to classroom 2-3, which should be somewhere on the second floor.

So after dashing up the stairs without changing my shoes for now, I was lucky to find the right room after a few minutes. 

Stepping in front of the sliding door, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for an awkward situation. Not only am I a foreigner who 'learned' Japanese by watching anime, but also my appearance and my name don't really fit in here.

But who cares? What's the worst that can happen? That people laugh at me? I can deal with that.

How wrong I was to think, that is the worst that can happen...

*Knock, Knock* I knocked on the door, and a young voice from inside said, "Hai, nakani haittekudasai."

I guess that means "come inside," so I slid open the door and saw a classroom full of people and a young teacher with glasses and a twin ponytail looking strangely at me.

"Hello, my name is Cyan. I'm the new—" But before I could finish my introduction, a white light appeared in the classroom, interrupting and blinding me.

*Boom*

After the light vanished, only darkness remained, and it felt like I was suddenly immersed in water and was swimming in the dark. Except that, I couldn't feel my limbs anymore...
 
Not only that, I kind of couldn't feel anything at all.

I tried to move, but my body felt like it was made out of jelly, and I started to wobble around with every movement forward, like the last time I drank my father's hidden stash...

Well, if I can move, at least that means I'm not dead. But why, the hell, I can't see anything?

<Number of skill points currently in possession: 1. Number of skill points required to acquire skill [Magical Perception]: 1. Acquire skill?>

Suddenly, a voice, seemingly coming out of nowhere, offered me a skill. Don't tell me it finally happened... I got isekai'd. But man, Japan needs to start warning people about the isekai stuff when someone visits the country…

Anyway, does that mean I'm destined to become its hero or something like that? That would be amazing! If not for the fact that I'm blind and feel like I'm made out of liquid. So yeah, give me that skill!

<[Magical Perception] acquired. Remaining skill points: 0>

Suddenly, the surrounding area lit up, and I started to see a large distance around me and nearly puked before adjusting to it because I got a strange 360° view of my surroundings.

And after finally being able to see, I realized where I was... in a cave. Not only that, but also a cave without a beautiful princess who should greet me...

The only thing that stood out here was the bright blue glowing crystal above me, which should be the thing that summoned me here. At least, this is what most isekai anime and manga would suggest.

 


Crystallized Slime
When a slime reaches the end of its lifetime, it seeks out a cave, where its body undergoes crystallization, leading to its demise. After a certain period, this crystal begins to exude a liquid that drips onto the ground, giving rise to new Slimes.


 

Wow, so that thing is basically the father or mother of slimes... but why did I suddenly receive a description?

*Splash* While I was wondering if Magical Perception is something like Appraisal, a drop of blue liquid falls from the crystal and lands next to me, creating a small puddle.

So, I wobble closer to it to take a look, and it starts to move until it forms into something resembling a blue, shiny ball. And when I try to touch it, I see a blue tentacle-like thing come out of my liquid-like body...

 

Wait... was I always this blue and see-through? I examine the tentacle more closely until a window appears in front of me.

 


Slime

Level: 1/1
Skill Points: 0
Name: Cyan

Status
---------------------------
HP: 10
MP: 10
SP: 10
OSP: 10

Offense: 1
Defense: 1
Magic: 1
Resistance: 1
Speed: 1

Skills
---------------------------
Stat & Ability Skills:
Body Repair LV 1

Active Skills:
Devour

Resistance Skills:
Pain Nullification ° Status Condition Nullification

Passive Skills:
Unlimited Growth ° Magical Perception

Description
---------------------------

A slime is considered the weakest monster in the world since it cannot level up or evolve. Its danger level is F.


 

Slime

 

Well, shit… 

Not only did I end up in an RPG world, but I also became the weakest monster there is—a slime. Are you fucking kidding me?! 

I wanted to scream and jump angrily around, but my liquid body only vibrated, and now I couldn't even let out steam...

'Cyan, stay calm. You can do this,' I thought. So, I became a slime. So what? There's no need to cry about it. I will simply make the best of it… also because I don't think this body can cry.

Let's handle the situation calmly. So, the fact is, I'm a freaking... a slime. This world has an RPG system with stats, so I simply need to find a way to exploit the system for my gain because every system, no matter how good it is, has bugs...

First, let's check out the stuff I've got... In addition to my species and the fact that I'll remain forever at level one, I also have Energy bars like health or hit points, shown as a green bar, magic points, shown as a blue bar, and stamina points, indicated in a yellow bar. 

There's also a strange overall stamina points indicator, a small red bar below the yellow one.

Looking at the slime next to me, its stats are the same as mine, so it seems normal for slimes to have everything at 10 and abilities at 1... which is probably the weakest it can get.

But the more exciting part is probably the skills, and I have a few of them that sound pretty interesting. The problem is I need to learn what they are and how to use them, like <Body Repair>, for example.

 


Body Repair

An essential skill for a slime. Over time, the body of a slime repairs automatically. Devouring increases the speed of this process drastically.


 

Well never mind, it seems I need only to think about the skill and I get a description of it, so let's see what I got.

 


Devour
An essential skill for slimes that allows them to devour anything they come across and assimilate it into their body.

Pain Nullification
Slimes are impervious to pain.

Status Condition Nullification
Status conditions do not affect a slime's body.

Unlimited Growth
Slimes can't level up or evolve, but they possess unlimited potential.

Magical Perception
A skill that combines Appraisal and Magic Senses, enabling the slime to perceive the world without the need for sensory organs, by sensing magical particles in the air. This method allows also the slime to use Appraisal without being detected, as it appraises the magical particles rather than the body itself.


 

These skills are... amazing! There's so much potential for abuse! That is if <Devour> does what I think it can do…

Suddenly, I notice the slime behind me slowly crawling toward me. Wait, do I even have a behind? I watch, trying to understand its intentions. When we're about to touch, it stretches its body in the air and attempts to slam into me.

No, it's trying to devour me...

I start to wobble away, attempting to crawl forward like a caterpillar, but I'm incredibly slow... I'm pretty sure even a snail would laugh at me right now.

However, since the other slime is moving at the same speed as I am, I manage to escape, right before it slams back into the ground where I was standing a second ago.

What's wrong with it? We're practically brothers, but it's trying to eat me...

Not wanting to end up as its meal, I continue to crawl away with it following me. Thus, the slowest race imaginable unfolds as I crawl away and it pursues me.

After it chased me for who knows how long, I've had enough and come to a stop. It stretches its body out again, so I start to move once more, and when it slams into the ground, I extend my body and slam into it from above.

And as I'm about to make contact, my body starts to glow and becomes larger than the other slime before completely engulfing it.

Great now, it's inside my body...

After a few seconds, its body dissolves entirely without me feeling or tasting anything, and I hear, <Devour completed, assimilation into user's body was successful>

If I could smile, I would, because when I check my Status, I see that my prediction was right.

 


Status
---------------------------
HP: 20
MP: 20
SP: 20
OSP: 20

Offense: 2
Defense: 2
Magic: 2
Resistance: 2
Speed: 2


 

I raise two tentacles into the air and make my body vibrate to celebrate the fact, that even the weakest monster can have a cheat skill!

Until I hear suddenly, <Condition satisfied. Acquired title [Kin Eater].> <Acquired skills [Taboo LV 1] [Heretic Magic LV 1] as a result of title [Kin Eater]> That stops my celebration.

This sounds rather sinister... It appears that self-defense doesn't apply in this case.

 


Kin Eater
A title awarded to those who eat a relative.

Taboo
A skill given to those who commit a taboo. Must never be raised.

Heretic Magic
Magic that directly assaults the soul. The available spells depend on the skill level. LV 1: Discomfort.


 

Great, quite disturbing but great. Heretic Magic sounds especially intriguing because I can make others feel uncomfortable with it…

But how do I use it? Since I can't speak, I also can't shout out the skill names like a typical anime protagonist. And when I think about it, nothing happens…

Maybe I need a target or higher magic stats? I have no idea, but it's nice to know that magic is a possibility.

*Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash*

As I pondered about magic, eight more drops fell from my mother/father before the crystal stopped glowing.

Well, since I already have the <Kin Eater> title, it can't get much worse, so thanks for the meal...

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Taboo LV 1] has become [Taboo LV 2]>

Never mind...

 


Hey, guys! My name is GhostofNovels, and in contrast to my slime friend, I evolved from being a reader to becoming a writer.

Here are some facts about the novel and how I plan to structure it:

Chapters will be released from Monday to Saturday (Except the first) and will have approximately 1.5k words.

The story will follow the original novel, but the main character will not replace Kumoko and will have his own storyline.

This doesn't mean they won't work together or cross paths from time to time.

There will be romance and some steamy scenes later on.

So, enjoy!

 

40