Chapter 07: Lower Stratum
463 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


Slime
Level: 1/1
Skill Points: 0
Name: Cyan

Status (Weakened)
---------------------------
HP: 11/11 (500/500)
MP: 10/10 (375/375)
SP: 15/15 (900/900)
OSP: 8/12 (860/860)

Offense: 5 (360)
Defense: 2 (300)
Magic: 2 (200)
Resistance: 2 (195)
Speed: 7 (440)


 

Yeah, I survived by transferring into Mini-Me, who had only 5% of my stats before I devoured the wolves. Why am I not happy about that?

Well, Mini-Me had one job: to move through the other tunnel, and he did this job great until he decided to continue crawling forward even when there was a bottomless hole...

And because I was busy fighting the wolves and being killed, I didn't see it. However, when the transfer kicked in, I suddenly found myself in his body while falling into the darkness of this labyrinth.

I can't even use <Mimic> right now because I'm too weak...

But still, this gives me a lot of time to think about stuff before crashing into the ground. First, only weak being my ass! The two Alpha wolves destroyed me...

Secondly, the <Transfer> skill is awesome! And since it can also be used to basically teleport, my Isekai skill set is also complete.

And luckily, I still have all my skills because they seem to be a part of my being and not a part of my body. Even the burned plushy survived my "death."

Also, I wanted to cry at first when I saw my ability values, but they seem to slowly recover, so it's only a matter of time until I'm back at full strength. Maybe I can devour something to speed up the process. 

Well, if I survive the fall that is...

The last thing was that I wanted to check out the new skills I got since I had the time.

 


Lightning Attack
Allows the user to infuse their attacks or weapons with lightning.

Naming
Enables the user to give names to weaker beings, while establishing a connection between the user and the named being in the process. This connection grants bonuses to the named being based on the user's skill level.

Telekinesis
Allows the user to move non-living materials with their mind.

Howl
A powerful shout that can intimidate other beings.

Shred
An attack that slashes the target and causes them to bleed.

Presence Perception
Allows the user to sense the presence of other beings in their vicinity.

Concentration
Enhances the user's ability to concentrate.

Lightning Resistance
Increases the user's resistance to the lightning attribute.

Pack Mentality
This skill boosts the user's abilities when he is part of a group.

Transfer
An advanced slime skill that allows the user to transfer his soul into a being created with the Split skill. To use this skill, the user must willingly give up their primary body.


 

It seems I was lucky with the <Transfer> skill. If I hadn't accepted that I was about to die, it might have never worked. I just hope I won't end up like Voldemort after splitting myself to preserve my life...

But I should be fine as long as there are no wizards named Harry Potter in this world...

Suddenly, I could see the bottom of this hole. So I extended two tentacles from my body and shot out two threads from them.

Which immediately depleted all my <MP>...

But I held onto them for dear life as my speed decreased, only to stop a few centimeters above the stony ground. When the threads were about to bounce back, I let go of them before landing gracefully on the ground.

Then I wanted to celebrate my survival by vibrating my body a bit, but suddenly everything went dark. Did I just have a heart attack from the shock of nearly crashing into the ground? Wait, no, I have no heart in this body...

… After who knows how long, I woke up again, and my body seemed to have turned into a puddle from fainting. So, I had to create some tentacles to reshape my body back to the oval shape it was before.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Shaping LV 1]>

 


Shaping
An advanced slime skill that enables the user to alter their slime body's shape, form, and size.


 

That's a nice skill to have, and it seems to be very versatile, even though it's a pain in the ass to have skills spoon-fed to you instead of gaining them from the start...

But it appears that this is how this world works: you either buy or learn skills. But Since I can't buy skills, I have to learn or devour them.

The easiest way to do so would be to explore this place while staying as invisible as possible until I gain more strength. Luckily, after the nap, my status recovered to about 10% of my original strength.

However, it might not be enough for this place because when I picked up a stone and inspected it, it said <Stone from the Lower Stratum>, which is expected given how long I've been falling. But it got worse...

 


Great Elroe Labyrinth, Lower Stratum
The Stratum between the Bottom and the Middle Stratum of the Elroe Labyrinth, that is populated by very strong monsters.


 

Great, I need to get away from here as fast as possible. This is no place for an innocent slime like me, especially considering what it said about the weak monsters in the Upper Stratum.

Well, I should have enough strength back to use <Mimic> and fly up. Afterward, I can simply stick to the wall and crawl my way up… yeah, that's a good idea. Why wander around here when I can take the easy route?

*Rattle, Rattle* I suddenly hear something approaching through a pathway and immediately slide to the wall to blend in better with the surroundings.

The next moment, a giant snake emerges from an exit and starts to look around eagerly, coming to the spot where I was just seconds ago.

 

Glancing at its skills, I noticed that it had an awesome-sounding skill named <Dragon Scales> and also <Heat Perception>. So It was probably curious about the warm spot I left behind...

Wandering around here suddenly sounds like a good idea. I'll check out the Lower Stratum and return later when my curious friend is away. So I left the snake behind, which started looking around curiously, while I slid towards the next cave path.

But after sliding for a while, I suddenly noticed countless weak, huge bugs hanging from the wall.

 


Elroe Gastruch
Level: 4/10
Skill Points: 50
Name: None

Status
---------------------------
HP: 14/14
MP: 7/7
SP: 8/8
OSP: 5/8

Offense: 8
Defense: 8
Magic: 7
Resistance: 7
Speed: 4

Skills
---------------------------
Attack Skills:
Rot Attack LV 5

Resistance Skills:
Rot Resistance LV 5

Description
---------------------------
Also known as snail-bug. This insect moves slowly like a snail. It's very weak and easy to defeat. However, if a being were to receive its attack carelessly or eat it, then that being would receive powerful rot attribute damage. Therefore, the monsters in the lower layer will never try to eat this monster unless it's a critical situation. Its danger level of F.


 

Sounds tasty... but it's still better than nothing. The fact is, I need to recover from this weakened state, and this "delicious" looking violet bug seems like a good option for that. 

So, I use <Spider Thread> to sling one from the wall before catching it. Well, Bear Grylls says these are packed with proteins, so thanks for the meal...

My body starts to glow as I press the insect inside me, devouring it. Even though I couldn't taste anything, I heard it crack inside me… maybe I should try to fight the alpha wolves instead.

<Devour completed, assimilation into user's body was successful>

<Thanks to the assimilation, the user's body acquired the skills: [Rot Attack LV 1] and [Rot Resistance LV 1]> Nice, and no damage was taken. <Devour> is always the best!

Eating that thing made my stats recover to 25%, so I need about six more to recover completely. Well, there's nothing that can be done about that…

I use more thread to catch six others and drag them along while exploring the Lower Stratum and snack on them on the way. I simply will imagine they are Pringles or something like that.

<Condition satisfied. Acquired the title <Thread User>, <Acquired skills [Thread Control LV 1], and [Cutting Thread LV 1] as a result of the title [Thread User]>

Oh, the two new skills sound useful, since I always wanted to cut people up with invisible threads after seeing it in an anime.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Taboo LV 2] has become [Taboo LV 3]> ... of course, only in my imagination. I didn't want to cut people up, I swear.

This System takes my inner monologue way too seriously sometimes...

Looking through my status screen, my skills are all over the place because I've acquired so many of them. I guess, like in a real Isekai story, they will evolve at some point and combine like with <Magical Perception>.

Until then, my skill screen will probably fill up my whole vision…. If only the System would be capable of doing something about it, but it seems it's here just to troll me from time to time.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Synthesis]> Wait, it really worked? And it doesn't even have a skill level.

 


Synthesis 
A unique slime skill that allows the user to synthesize skills from the same categories while ignoring their level. Additionally, it can synthesize materials from the stomach. Skills combined in this way are harder to level up.


 

This sounds really overpowered… but being born as the weakest being should give you at least some benefits. Let's see how it works.

<Skill Synthesis was activated, searching for skills that can be synthesized…. Skills found>

<Skills [Acid Attack], [Rot Attack] has become [Hazard Attack LV 1]>

<Skills [MP Recovery Speed], [SP Recovery Speed] have become [Energy Recovery LV 1]>

<Skills [Cutting Enhancement], [Piercing Enhancement] have become [Physical Damage Enhancement LV 1]>

<Skills [Sonic Boom], [Howl] have become [Voice LV 1]>

<Skills [Spider Thread], [Cutting Thread], [Thread Control] have become [Thread LV 1]>

<Skills [Poison Fang] and [Shred] have become [Status Condition Attack LV 1]>

<Skills [Telescopic Sight], [Hypnosis] have become [Magic Eyes LV 1]

<Skills [Danger Perception], [Motion Perception], [Presence Perception] have become [Detection LV 1]>

<Skills [Cutting Resistance], [Piercing Resistance] have become [Physical Damage Resistance LV 1]>

<Skills [Acid Resistance], [Rot Resistance] have become [Hazard Resistance LV 1]>

<Skills [Stealth], [Camouflage] have become [Hiding LV 1]>

<Skills [Sliding], [Adhesion] have become [Slime Movement]>

Reading all the messages made me dizzy, and suddenly I noticed that my <MP> was about to hit zero. So, I crawled up the wall next to me as fast as I could before losing consciousness again, hoping that I could hide there until I wake up.

 


Stat & Ability Skills:
Body Repair LV 5 ° Energy Recovery LV 1 ° MP Lessened Consumption LV 1

Attack Skills:
Hazard Attack LV 1 ° Status Condition Attack LV 1 ° Lightning Attack LV 1

Enhancement Skills:
Physical Damage Enhancement LV 1

Active Skills:
Devour ° Mimic LV 3 ° Absorb LV 2 ° Stomach LV 2 ° Split LV 1 ° Merge LV 1 ° Transfer LV 1 ° Voice LV 1 ° Magic Eyes LV 1 ° Thread LV 1 ° Hardening LV1 ° Naming LV 2 ° Telekinesis LV 1

Perception Skills:
Detection LV 1 ° Concentration LV 1

Magic Skills:
Heretic Magic LV1 ° Magic Power Operation LV 1

Resistance Skills:
Pain Nullification ° Status Condition Nullification ° Physical Damage Resistance LV 1 ° Hazard Resistance LV 1 ° Lightning Resistance LV 1 

Passive Skills:
Unlimited Growth ° Magical Perception ° Shaping LV 1 ° Hiding LV 1 ° Throw LV 1 ° Hit LV1 ° Flight LV 1 ° Vision Enhancement LV 1 ° Pack Mentality LV 1 

Other Skills:
Taboo LV 3 ° Synthesis ° Slime Movement

-------------------------

Energy Recovery

Speeds up the recovery of the user's energy. Right now it enhances stamina and mana recovery.

Hazard Attack

Applies the hazard attribute to the user's attacks or weapons. The user can choose between acid and the rot attribute or apply both.

Status Condition Attack

Applies status conditions to the user's attacks. Right now, the user can cause poison and bleed.

Physical Damage Enhancement

Enhances the physical damage the user deals. Right now, it enhances cutting and piercing damage.

Voice

Allows the user's voice to afflict opponents in various ways. Right now, the user can paralyze and intimidate with his voice.

Magic Eyes

The user can apply different effects to their eyes and with their eyes on opponents. Right now, the user can hypnotize opponents and zoom with his eyes.

Thread

Allows the user to create and manipulate different kinds of threads freely by consuming MP.

Detection

A combination of Perception skills. Right now, the user can detect motion, presence, and danger around him. This can be damaging to the user without having the right counter-skill.

Physical Damage Resistance

Enhances the physical damage resistance. Right now, the user is more resistant to cutting and piercing damage.

Hazard Resistance

Enhances the user's resistance against the rot and acid attribute.

Hiding

Allows the user to blend in with the surroundings. This skill also enables the user to conceal their status from prying eyes, to the extent that incorrect values and skills could be displayed for beings with a high Appraisal level.

Slime Movement

A unique slime skill, that allows the user to slide and stick on every surface.


 

Hello, everyone,

This chapter was really system-heavy. I will tune it down a bit in the next chapters.

Until then, see you all in the next one!

30