Chapter 4: The fiancé I don’t want to lose
299 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A warm sunny morning.

Chief Chamberlain Harvey got up earlier than anyone else in the family and walked around the courtyard.

Being neatly dressed, all-back hair, stylish mustache and polished shoes were his pride and trademark.

Of course, it was inconvenient to shine shoes and groom yourself every morning, but Harvey was able to endure it.

'For the sake of the family's honor, this kind of hard work is nothing.'

For David, who had worked as a servant for the Viscount Deharm's family since he was very young and took the position of chief chamberlain, his family's honor was equal to his own.

The costume and poomsae of the chief chamberlain, who helps the current head of the family, Theorad, and leads the servants of the mansion, are the face of the family. So he couldn't stop grooming himself just because it was annoying.

It was the same with coming out to the courtyard every morning and paying obeisance to the stone statue of the former family leader.

David, who stopped in front of the stone statue, put his palms together and slightly bowed his head.

"May you be at peace there. I hope that you will take care of the family members and son of the mansion in the lofty heaven today."

Harvey, who was about to raise his head after the pilgrimage, hesitated. He only noticed that the surroundings of the stone statue were different from usual.

'The grass at the feet of the statue is lying.'

Why did the grass, which usually stretched its back straight, lie down during the day? No animals are kept in this mansion, so dogs probably aren't like that either.

'Who the hell came this close to the stone statue of the previous head of the family?'

Who is the current head of household? Not. Theorard always worshiped at a distance of two feet from the stone statue. Users? Most of the users do not pay attention to the stone statue. Even if you are interested, there is no reason to get close to the stone statue of the former head of the family.

Slave? Most of the slaves worked outside the manor on farms or workshops, so they couldn't set foot in the courtyard unless there were special circumstances. Of course, he was excluded from the list of suspects.

Then who is it? Harvey, who was staring at the grass where he lay, knelt down and bowed his head. It was because he thought it would be easy to find the culprit if he could find the traces left on the grass.

'I can't see anything other than the traces of being pressed...... Well?'

A pungent smell passes through his nostrils. The reverberation of something is clear. Intrigued, Harvey brought his nose closer to his turf and, with difficulty, recognized the smell.

'...... Pee?'

The slight lingering odor was clearly urine.

'Did they urinate? On the stone statue of the previous head of the family?'

Such a celestial wrath! My teeth are grinding and my cheeks are shaking. Harvey, who was furious with his fists clenched, spurred him to his feet.

'Who are you! Guram? Karashin? Maltao?'

Three servants with bad attitudes popped into my mind, but I couldn't be sure.

In my heart, I wanted to immediately gather the servants and shout at them, but when this happened, the first thing to do was to report it to the head of the house, Theorad.

'Wait and see. No matter which guy is the culprit, I will never let him go.'

I will definitely make the man who ruined the family's honor pay the price.. Harvey, who had been holding back his anger all winter, came out of the courtyard with a red face.

*

An office filled with sunlight pouring in through an arched window.

With a black carpet embroidered with a cardinal bird, the symbol of the family, on the floor, this is a special space that can only be used by the head of household.

A sacred place that even I, the father's son, could not enter without the father's permission. There, I was writing a letter in a noble way, controlling my mind and body.

-For the slave trader Jobila.

My name is Theorad Deharm, who bought you an elven slave eleven days ago. First of all, I apologize for my mistake. At that time, I was deceived by the elf's appearance and gave myself the owner of the elf slave. I have no intention of denying that the deal has been concluded since I have received the slave certificate and completed the engraving contract. But, Joville.

This is obviously an unfair contract. Even though you told me the age of elves, didn't you tell me the dangers of elves over two hundred and fifty? It is a deception against me and, furthermore, an insult to the entire slave market, which trades on trust.

So I decided to understand with a generous heart. You may have made at least one mistake because you may not have been -trained.

But I won't forgive you twice. I want you to come to the house of Viscount Deharm in the County of Pelgaroin right away and return the elven slaves. If you refuse my request or do not reply, I will not forgive you on the honor of Viscount Deharm. Let's discuss the details face-to-face. Just don't cut the lines.

Theorad, the 7th head of Viscount Deharm and who assists His Excellency in his in the County of Pelgarin, I wait for you."-

When I finished writing the letter, I put down the quill and waited for the ink to dry.

Appropriate intimidation of inferiors is a basic skill of the nobility. If I receive this, the slave trader will surely recognize the seriousness of the situation and come to apologize to me.

If you can return the elf later, the icing on the cake. There was no better insight than this to root out the time bomb planted in the family.

It's also good for elves. Wouldn't it be possible to lead a happy life if I met an aristocrat whose personality was rotten, And not me, who got involved unintentionally?

It is a so-called mutual benefit and a decision to kill a car.

I let go of my smirk and folded the letter, put it in an envelope, poured sealing wax on it, and put a seal on it.

It's a letter with the family seal on it. It's a shame that I can't see the expression on the slave trader's expression distorted after receiving this.

-Smart

A knocking sound was heard in the middle of an evil smile. I cleared my throat and opened my mouth, maintaining my usual grace.

"Come in."

As soon as I finish my words, the door opens and a well-groomed old man enters. It was Chief Chamberlain Harvey, a person I personally trusted who served my father but now served me. As soon as Harvey saw me, he smiled gently and bowed his head politely.

"Did you cough? You seem to have woken up earlier than usual today."

I didn't wake up early, so I couldn't sleep.

"Because I had a nightmare last night. But what's going on in the chief's office? Isn't it time for him to take care of his family now?"

Harvey's face contorts with guilt, as he maintains a smile. Why are you like that? Somehow the atmosphere was not good.

"Actually...... In the early morning, I witnessed a raging incident, so I came right up here after receiving the VIP. I think I should tell the head of the family."

"A VIP? No, it's a more wrathful incident than that, isn't it?"

"I'm really sorry...... It seems that someone urinated on the stone statue of the former head of the family."

“...... Uh?”

Regardless of my will, my eyes widen and my breath stops.

What, what How do you know? Who told you? Were there any witnesses yesterday?

"It is natural to be surprised. The good news, though, is that we discovered this madness early. If I hadn't looked carefully at the grass at the foot of the statue, the culprit would have continued to urinate."

"There were traces of urination at the feet of the statue?"

"Yes. I verified it myself."

There were no eyewitnesses. Fortunately it was I wiped my surprised chest and regained my composure.

"Then, how would you like the chief chamberlain to handle this?"

"It is clear that there is a culprit among the family members, so we catch the culprit and punish them one hundred times, so we know that it is right to want to be born."

"Is there a culprit among your family members? How can you be sure of that? Could it be a beast?"

"Yes? Didn't the head of the family, concerned about the damage to the courtyard, told them not to raise animals in the mansion? Since the family head's order, the mansion hasn't raised even those common birds, so there's no chance of that happening."

Fuck. Why did I say that...... !

My legs trembled and my fingertips lacked strength. Is this the feeling that your head is going white? It wasn't very pleasant. However, I was born as a son of a prestigious aristocratic family and learned a lot of life skills. Can't break down here.

Let's think. Had David noticed that someone had urinated on the statue, but hadn't there been any witnesses? Then there was no need to raise unnecessary suspicion by telling me not to investigate.

No matter how much Harvey pursues his family, he won't be able to find the culprit. Okay. Here, I had to behave like I usually do.

"I can't leave the garbage of the world unattended to pee on my father's stone statue. I will hand over some of my authority to you, Chief Chamberlain, so I hope you will focus on finding the culprit."

"Yes. I will definitely catch the culprit for the honor of the former head of the family and the current head of the family."

No, you can't catch it! The culprit is me! I made the elf... !

Let's calm down. Because there is nothing to take

"Please work hard on my behalf. And this."

I picked up the letter and handed it out. David comes closer and politely accepts the letter.

"Send the letter. It's an urgent matter, so leave it in the hands of a witch."

"Do you mean the special delivery of a witch's day? I will."

Having received the letter, David takes two steps back.

Harvey put the letter in his arms and opened his mouth as if he had suddenly remembered it.

"Come to think of it, I didn't get to tell you who the special guest is."

Oh right he said she had a VIP.

"Who is?"

"This is Lady Ashley, the second daughter of Count Pelgaroin."

"Ashley?"

If it is Ashley, it is the precious bond that His Excellency has forged, and the person who will become my fiancée.

Her temperament of her was mild, her appearance of her was neat, and she did not hesitate to show her kindness of her, to the point that some called her a saint.

I also have an infinite crush on Ashley. Because she was such a smart woman that I wondered if I could marry her in the future and run her family her together.

I got up from my seat with a smile on my face.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. You received it well, didn't you?"

"Yes, I ordered the servants to serve the fine drinks and entrusted them with the service. But, Miss......."

"But?"

"She said she likes the elf slave. So the elf is serving her instead of a servant."

Uh......?

Why? Why did he say that an elf was waiting on him?

His kind disposition was certainly worthy of praise for everyone, but not for elves. Wasn't that heinous devil a mad bitch who would take any kindness done to him as an insult?

Kindness was poison to elves. In the unlikely event that an elf gets fed up with Ashley's continued kindness.......

"She will die."

"Sorry?"

"Will die.....!”

As I shivered in a cold sweat, Harvey gave me an awkward smile.

"You joke too much. You know very well that Lady Ashley is not the kind of person who treats slaves roughly. Why don't you stop talking nonsense and have the head of the household go down and enjoy a refreshment party?”

Fuck! Shut up if you don't know! If you get it wrong, it's not a refreshment party, it's a corpse party! A corpse being copied, you naive bastard!

"Kuhm."

I wanted to scream, but there was no way the chamberlain would believe me. I don't believe in the country either. The elf bought as a slave is actually a strong woman who has reached the level of an archmage. Isn't that absurd?

It was all the more so since it was a fact only I knew in the mansion that the elf was two hundred and fifty years old.

His throat itched because he wanted to tell him, but informing his family about his about this only caused confusion. Moreover, the elf will not leave me alone.......

"Let's go to the drawing room.”

Also. To avoid the worst, I had no choice but to stop the elf myself.

Is this how the prosecutor feels when he goes to the arena? I screamed inwardly and left the door.

5