Chapter 13: Goodbye Duelist Kingdom
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weevil opened his eyes, as soon as he got to his room he had fallen asleep, he had more mental tension than he thought.

“I'm still alive, that's a good sign… it's been less than an hour, the duel should have ended… hopefully” He looked at the clock on the wall, just as he finished working up the courage to go check, the door opened and to his relief it was Yugi's group. “I see you guys got it.”

“There were doubts, Yugi tore Pegasus to pieces!” Joey looked like he was the one who defeated him

“I'm glad, I hope we can play again soon without all the risk of death” Weevil extended his hand.

“Of course” Yugi; who was still in his adult mode, the insect boy must refer to him in some way; He accepted the handshake, but used a little more force than necessary and Weevil just endured it.

"We can continue! I want to find Seto!” A long-haired boy, who if Weevil remembered correctly was Kaiba's brother, looked anxious as Tristan calmed him down.

“Haven't you told him?” It was not news that should be postponed

"Don't worry, Pegasus fulfilled his part and released all the souls, he should be awake now," Tea clarified to reassure him.

Weevil just decided to go with the flow and not comment if Kaiba was alive, good for him

“We came to look for you to return” With this adventure ended, they could return to their normal lives.

"Thank you, I'm surprised that Pegasus left a ship ready to return." He would never tell his parents what happened here, he didn't know if it was worse or better for them to believe him anyway, his mother could end up shooting Pegasus.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They were outside the castle, instead of looking for Kaiba throughout the castle, they decided to wait for him to come out.

"Where is my brother?!" Mokuba carries the briefcase with the duel disk and Kaiba's cards.

“Maybe Kaiba's soul decided to go straight to heaven.” Joey looked up.

“Don't talk nonsense, Joey!” Tea looked like she was going to hit him.

"Don't be so insensitive, Wheeler, his brother is right here." The insect boy was just waiting standing with his luggage, they could talk bad about Kaiba when they confirmed that he was still alive.

“By the way, does anyone know where Bakura is?” Before anyone could answer the girl's question, Mokuba saw Brother coming down the stairs of the castle and started screaming as he ran towards him.

"Brother!" The boy was greeted by the hug of his older brother.

“That's the piece Kaiba was missing to complete his mental puzzle.”

“If you're done being cryptic, can we go back now?” Weevil wasn't interested in understanding what Yugi meant, the rest nodded.

“You should be happy, Joey, you will be able to pay for your sister's operation with the prize money.” Tea was very happy because everything turned out well in the end.

“Are you sure I can keep it, Yugi?” Joey was holding an envelope containing the $200,000 check.

“Of course, Joey, you deserve it, you came very far.”

“It's a miracle you got 3rd place.” Tristan's face almost seemed to indicate that he didn't believe it.

“I owe you one, Yugi… Who are you calling 3rd place?!” The hooligan grabbed his friend by the jacket

“You don't think he can beat Weevil? TRUE?" You could tell by the smile on his face that he was joking, which irritated Joey even more.

The insect boy only watched as he noticed that Yugi returned to his original form, the one he imagined was the original, and Kaiba approached with his brother.

“Remember to treat your brother well, Kaiba.”

“Yugi, I am indebted for rescuing Mokuba.” Despite his words, his heart reaffirmed his will to overcome it.

"Guys!" The white-haired man came running.

“Bakura! Where have you been?" Joey didn't seem fazed by his disappearance.

“Looking for a boat, there isn't one on the entire island”

"What?!"

“It's time to pay that debt, Kaiba.” Weevil was going to get out of here no matter what.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“No one will ever talk about this!”

“Do you think this is comfortable for me, Wheeler?” The whole group was like a canned sardine in the back of Kaiba's helicopter, except Weevil who had to sit on Joey's lap.

“Grr… As soon as we cross the sea, the ride is over!” The businessman was not very happy to have them on board.

“Eeeeeh! Take me too!” As soon as the vehicle began to gain height and move away, everyone heard a familiar female scream from below.

(Why didn't he go back to the castle?... I hope this thing holds up) Weevil, who was the only one close to the exit and with enough movement, saw an emergency ladder on the ground and threw it "Mai, catch it! Kaiba would rather kill himself than come back!” By coincidence or petty revenge, the insect boy couldn't see if the blonde was caught because the helicopter tilted to the right and Weevil was thrown towards the metal wall and hit his head.

"Are you okay?!"

“I'll live.” When he composed himself and touched something soft, thanking God it was a leg, he realized where he was sitting now. “I-I'm sorry.” He moved to get off Tea's lap.

“It's not your fault.” Although she would lie that she wasn't a little embarrassed.

(Wow, finish this tournament, I hope I never run into another crazy guy like Pegasus... What the hell is the probability?) I was just a card game player, this had to be an almost astronomical event for it to happen in the first place.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A little over a week had passed since the duelist kingdom and Weevil was walking through the halls of the Domino City general hospital.

(My mother can be so incredible...) When he returned home he told his parents about his adventure, ignoring the risk of death and excusing himself that he missed the final due to a sudden cold, he barely mentioned Tea, his mother began to interrogate him and she began to look for any excuse to kick him out of the house and outside to see her, she even rented him an apartment near the city center. (she doesn't understand that I'm talking via text) He had obviously exchanged phone numbers with the group, including Joey, although Mai had been silent lately.

He was just at the hospital because Tea told him that Yugi had an accident in a fire.

"I did it! I beat Joey again!” At least it was easy to locate the room where he was.

"Damn! Why am I so unlucky?!”

"Luck is part of your ability, Wheeler, good afternoon everyone" Weevil entered the room and walked towards Yugi, giving a basket of fruit "Listen to what happened to you, Yugi, I hope you recover soon" Although he seemed to just have patches on his face.

“Thank you, Weevil, it's good to see you, I'm completely fine now!” He found it surprising how the boy forgot about the previous tournament so quickly.

“At least enough for card games…”

“What are you doing here, bug boy?!” Joey was not in the mood after his continuous defeats.

"What do you think? See how you guys are, Tea told me that you almost died." Although the details were fuzzy, he didn't quite understand if it was an accident in a store or vandalism in a warehouse.

“It was nothing, we got through it like always” Joey acted confident despite also having injuries to his face, he pulled Yugi out of the fire.

“Have you updated your deck yet, Weevil? The new rules have already been published.” Yugi began to eat an orange while he restarted his game with Joey.

"Of course... Pegasus sent me the reprint of some cards and I have formed several Decks... he must have been too affected by your defeat to allow a restructuring of the format"

It was still uncomfortable for him to mention it, that the creator of your favorite game had put you in mortal danger doing that.

“What new rules?”

“Joey… is that why you still use the same cards as in the duelist kingdom?” The puzzle boy thought it was because of nostalgia or that he hadn't finished the new one yet.

“What do you mean? With this deck I beat a lot of strong opponents, I was planning to continue using it for a while.”

“If you want to keep winning, you should pay attention to the current news, plus new cards and strategies are always coming out.” He had gotten a new and powerful weapon, he almost wanted to see it as a form of apology from Pegasus, but it would be giving him too much credit.

“Better not say anything, that would require a lot of thought, Joey is one of those who clings to his past glories” Tristan sighed with resignation.

“Shut up, Amateur!...Did you change your Deck too, Yugi?”

“Yes, the emblematic monsters are still there, but I have changed several”

“Changing the subject, it's true that a middle school girl wanted the Blue-Eyes White Dragon that Kaiba destroyed…” Tea had told him the story, but he wanted the details.

While Yugi was telling her about the incident, Tea watched the scene with a smile, Yugi was recovering and Weevil seemed more and more part of the group, in their continuous chat through messages, he only reaffirmed what he told her, that he only wanted friends. and she was happy to be a part of it.

1