Chapter 6: Duel… at night
150 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He didn't know if they had missed a moment without realizing it or the duel was too short, but they only managed to see one turn, where the giant seemed to take advantage of the darkness to strike down Mai's monsters and finish off her life points.

(An interesting strategy) It was time to modify his deck, he would keep the structure, but change his focus from water to another element, he felt lucky that his potential opponents showed him his strategies.

“You've lost all your stars! You are disqualified!” The creepy giant smiled at her misfortune.

“Mai!” Tea approached worriedly alongside Weevil.

"Do not approach! He is a player killer of the island staff! ”

(…A player killer? Was it necessary to give him such a sinister name?) He imagined some kind of additional tournament challenge. “That doesn't tell us why we should stay away if he is just an employee of the island or why you are disqualified.”

"Very simple, boy, we were hired to sweep this island, when you meet one of us it's all or nothing, now to the duel! I will eliminate you like I did with that woman, maybe more shouting will attract Yugi" He seemed to enjoy his work.

“I never turn down a challenge” He went towards the box.

“This… is as far as I'll go.” Mai looked depressed at the board before getting up, she couldn't believe that she ended up this way and so suddenly.

“That's how these tournaments are… I still hope we can have a duel when I'm done with this guy” He wasn't good with her words to encourage her, he could only motivate her to continue.

Mai didn't respond, she just gave him a look before standing next to Tea to watch the duel.

“Heh, heh, heh, you can call me Panik, it will be a pleasure to crush you like the others.” He showed off his enormous glove full of stars.

“…out of curiosity, is this some kind of character for the tournament?” He looked like some kind of gothic clown to her.

“Grr, brat, Duel!” He would make the darkness swallow him, the insect boy shrugged his shoulders, it was just a question.

“Defeat him, Weevil!” Tea cheered and Mai just watched.

“Well, well, you're very popular, huh, kid?”

“It's something recent.” He would never have imagined having pretty girls supporting him.

“I have a friend too… The same darkness!”

“…If he starts responding to you, you should go to a doctor.” He thought he was getting too into his role.

"Very funny! See my first card! Castle of Darkening!” A spooky castle bloomed in the middle of the field, it had 1200 attack and 2500 defense “Let the darkness gather!” A blanket of darkness covered the entire side of the field, making vision impossible.

“Be careful, the darkness defeated my harpies!” The blonde did not want that scenario to be repeated

Weevil had to admit that if he hadn't seen his strategy in the previous duel, he would be a little worried.

“Heh heh heh too bad, kid… Your monsters won't get the field boost tonight, but my dark cards get infinite strength!”

As it seemed like it was his turn to draw a card, he debated what method to use to get around this situation.

“Play a card, any card and it will be swallowed by darkness!”

“You promise me.” He was going to take the first turn cautiously. “I summon Venonat in defense mode” A kind of hairy ball and antennas with large red eyes appeared on the field, it had 3 stars, 1450 attack and 1400 defense.

“I will play this card… And I attack! Absolute darkness!" He ordered the blanket of darkness to surround the insect. “Your insect will be destroyed!” He expects to see his opponent's terrified face.

“You think? You don't know much about insects, right?” Weevil wasn't worried, when the darkness covered his monster, you could still see its big red eyes, plus the glowing eyes of his enemy, it was a little unsettling, the next scene was like a moving light show.

“What's wrong?! Why isn’t it being destroyed?!” They always used to be swallowed right away

"You see, Venonat's compound eyes allow him to move in the darkness with great precision, let's see if your creature is up to the task." It was the disadvantage of not making a frontal attack.

In the end, Venonat managed to emerge from the cloak of darkness, but Panik did not lose life points, his beast must have been stronger, but only slightly.

"Big Deal! I just have to increase my strength! As long as I am in the dark I will be invincible!” On his next turn he would summon another monster and crush that bug.

"I'm afraid you won't have that opportunity. It's time to light up this cave. I summon Pikachu in attack mode!" A yellow mouse with red cheeks and a strange tail appeared on the field, it was 4 stars and had the same statistics as Venonat.

“And what are you going to do with a dirty rat!?” It almost seemed like the card was offended by the comment and his cheeks began to sparkle.

"Teach him! Use flash!” The mouse jumped towards Panik's field and began to release jets of electricity.

“Chuuuuu!” It seemed like a sphere of light that forced others to cover their eyes.

“W-What?!” When Panik regained his sight, he realized that his field was free of darkness.

“No more navigation problems” He never thought that this would be played, he assumed that Pikachu's main effect was that it could not be destroyed by Thunder Monster and if it was attacked, after the battle the opponent changed its position to defense.

“Y-You” The giant couldn't believe it, his darkness conquered by a card of this level, but he wasn't scared, his castle had too much defense and his monster, Barox, had 1800 attack and 2000 defense. .

“Don't think I'm done, since I control an insect monster, I specially summon Scyther.” The praying mantis with huge blades and wings on its back appeared on the field for the second time; He had 5 stars, an attack of 2100 and defense of 1500; for some reason, Weevil almost felt like Venonat was showing him respect, but that would be crazy. “Cut that demon into pieces!” The monster charged towards his opponent, passing him by, but just as he swung his blade, the demon split in two.

"Miserable!" The giant still had 1700 life points.

“I'll place a card face down and end my turn.” He was in control, but he couldn't let his guard down.

“Grrr” It was Panik's turn and he knew what he wanted to do. “I summon the Dark Chimera!"He had 6 stars, an attack of 2100 and defense of 1700 "Gut that meddling rat!” Getting rid of that filth would return to his darkness.

"You're going too fast, I activate my trap: Negate attack" A whirlwind seemed between Pikachu and the chimera, ending the battle phase, the giant was furious

“Way to go, Weevil!” Tea was happy with how the game was going

(As expected of the best in the country, he has him on the ropes, perhaps Panik would not even be a threat to Yugi) Mai was only analyzing the global skills demonstrated.

“It's my turn again, I activate Graceful Charity” He drew three cards and discarded two, one of the cards prompted a change of strategy. (Let's see if I can take the shortest route) “I activate the spell card: Pokedex.” This card, which had a kind of open red case with a screen and buttons, allowed him to search for any monster that was treated as a Pokemon from his deck, of which were the majority of his deck. “I bring Electrode to my hand and summon it in attack mode” A sphere with the colors half white and half red and a challenging smile appeared on the field, it was 5 stars, 1800 attack and 1800 defense

“I will place a card face down and end my turn, this is your end Panik, the duel is over, thanks to Pikachu and my card face down the victory is mine” It wasn't just confidence, he would have to clear his field to try to turn the game around .

"Say what you want! You won’t be able to protect that rat forever!” His expression changed completely when he saw her next letter “Nie, hee, hee, hee And your time has come! I summon the Card-Hunter Shinigami” A figure wrapped in a robe and holding a scythe appeared on the field, it had 5 stars, 1900 attack and 1800 defense “I activate its effect to destroy a card on the field! No more protections with face-down cards!” The reaper pierced Weevil's face-down card with his scythe.

(Tch, this could make the process difficult) His opponent was lucky, the bug boy would suffer a small loss, but it didn't seem like he realized the goal of his plan, he was still focused on the rodent.

“It's time to send that rat to the darkness of the cemetery!” He ordered his monster to continue and it ripped off Pikachu's head with one blow, leaving Weecil with 1550 life points.

"No!" Tea knew what it means.

"Yeah! “Embrace the darkness again!” Panik's field returned to its cover by his black cloak. “The duel is now mine!” He stood up from his chair and pointed at him as he finished his shift.

“Is that so?” He drew the next card  and gave him a huge smile. “I don't believe it, Pikachu is about to enlighten us again with his presence.” He shuffled the cards in his hand and two face down.

"What?!" The giant wanted to believe it was a bluff.

“You see, on my next turn I can activate a card to bring him back.” He pointed to his two face-down cards.

“Obviously, you will activate the effect of your Shinigami and you can only destroy one, there is a 50/50 chance, I am confident in my luck, plus even if you hit my other card it will stop your attack.”

After that statement he gave up his turn, without even changing his monsters to defense.

“Why is Weevil telling you this?” The girl consulted the expert player.

“We duelists can use several types of weapons, in addition to cards.” She was eager to see what he would do.

(Arrogant wretch!) He would like to be able to strangle him to remove that smile from her face, but it was true that he had to choose one to destroy, he was sweating and hesitating so he decided to postpone the decision, even if it was just a second "I summon the Great Dark Ruler “Only Panik saw the terrifying demon; He had 7 stars, 2600 attack points and 2000 defense points; This was his best card, but he couldn't enjoy the moment because it was time to make his decision “Shinigami, destroy the left face-down card!” The monster raised her scythe and lowered it to destroy the card marked “Now Absolute Darkness!” Since he couldn't do anything else, he ordered his monsters to attack, they started with the insufferable sphere that had a smile similar to its owner.

“Active…” Bug boy raised his hand.

(I was right! Now his rat won't be able to come back and darkness will rule! All that's left to do is bleed him out little by little while he trembles with fear!) It seemed like Panik's smile was going to split his face, that was worrying the insect boy.

“…The Electrode Effect”

They were not the words the giant was expecting and before he could process the situation a huge explosion occurred on his side of the field, when the dust and darkness cleared his monsters were gone, only the rest of his castle remained on the ground.

“What the hell happened?!” He demanded as he flipped the table seeing his life points reduced to zero.

“I told you not to rush,” he adjusted his glasses, they were reflecting the full moon"You focused so much on Pikachu that you didn't even bother to pay attention to Electrode, whose effect is that when he is attacked he can sacrifice himself to destroy all the monsters on your side of the field, plus you receive damage to your life points equal to the half of the combined attack of the destroyed monsters” Frankly, expect more decorum from a Pegasus employee “There is no use hiding when the entire site is affected”

“Y-You tricked me!”

(Weevil totally threw him off balance, completely distracted him with the cute mouse)

(He was never afraid of him, he is braver than he seems, he does not hesitate even when he threatens him directly) Tea and Mai were happy for their victory

“You're dead, worm!” Although the truth was that Weevil did not expect Panik to try to physically attack him, he was a Pegasus worker, the millionaire should know the mental state of his employees for such an important event.

“C-Calm down!” The bug boy was being held by the collar of his clothes

“I'm going to make you-ARCH!” Panik fell to the ground as a strong electrical current passed through him.

“Why does my mom always have to be right?” It was also his idea for him to carry a stun gun in case of self-defense.

“Weevil! Are you okey!? Both women approached when the situation began to get violent

“Y-Yes, I'll have to complain to Pegasus about this.”

“That's a good model of Taser you have.” Mai had been saving to get one. “That was an excellent duel.”

“Thanks, I guess… Do you want any extra?” He grabbed a lot of the giant's stars

"Huh?"

"It was an all or nothing duel, Panik has too much, you can keep some of it." He still wanted to play against her. "We could also take some to Yugi... and Wheeler." It would be too petty not to include it.

“I don't think they'll accept them.” Tea thought they'd rather win them over.

“I can't accept them either… I lost that battle as a duelist” Mai didn't take them either.

From a certain perspective he could understand it, although he would not accept it so easily.

“Mai!” Tea didn't want her to leave like this.

"Don't run away, I still want to play against you, you owe me after what you did to Rex." The girl was going to interrupt him, but she saw in his eyes that he wasn't trying to reproach her for anything. “Also, I wouldn't have been able to win so easily without seeing your previous duel with Panik. His strategy may have been a bit circumstantial, but it was dangerous.” He approached to take her hand and drop some stars on her. “As a duelist I cannot consider myself the champion without defeating every powerful opponent, do you fall into that category?” He looked her straight in the eyes.

“Mai, your dream… you still have to compete, no one here would blame you for this” Tea grabbed her hand with the stars.

“You guys are amazing.” The blonde wanted to laugh, although her rosy cheeks indicated that she was moved. “I'll borrow these stars and return them by defeating everyone in my path, including you!” Mai looked directly at Weevil.

"You can try it... you don't escape either Tea, save some for them and without ifs and buts, you would look like a hypocrite" The insect boy handed some to the surprised girl.

“You didn't follow my advice, right?” The blonde winked at Tea.

“Mai!” She didn't want to remember that, it's funny how her tone could change in intention in a matter of minutes.

"What advice?"

“It's only for women” He placed a finger on her lip and also winked, Wheevil blushed a little.

“What is this fuss?” The boys, still sleepy, had arrived.

“Just a night duel” Weevil was going to find a place to rest, in the morning he would head to the castle.

3