「00. Forthcoming of the Firefly」
181 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The City of Adventurers, or also known as Labyrinth City Orario.

A gigantic tower stands amidst the city, akin to a giant trying to reach the Sky. Babel, it was named.

It has quite the history; Built above the only dungeon in the world, lest the monster inside reached the surfaces. Babel was once destroyed by the First God upon reaching the mortal realm, much to the people dismay. But was later rebuild by those God until what it was looks like today.

In the other hand, to us mortal, Gods descending from heaven above was a blessing. Because before their arrival, fighting monsters is nothing but a suicide―desperate attempt to see tomorrow days, and that has changed, because of the God's Grace; Falna it is called. 

By using God's Blood or Ichor, they manifest records within one's soul, their life story and struggle―Excelia, draws them out and write it on the person backs as Hieroglyphs containing their Power.

That reason alone is enough to drive countless people to this Labyrinth City, seeking to join Gods Familia for their Falna in a hope that they can grow stronger by killing monster inside the dungeon.

Naive it might be, as death is an everyday occurrence for the Adventurers. Who knows? Maybe your turn will eventually come for you. . , or waiting. Waiting patiently until the time you let your guard down.

. . . But even so, it doesn't stop people from fighting monster. Be it because of Wealth, Fame, or Power they desired. . . Be it an Avenger seeking revenge, or the fools whom aspired to be a Hero in the damned Dungeon.

❖ ❖ ❖

Staring at Babel in the distance, a certain girl sighing softly, thinking about the recklessness of every Adventurer to dive into the very nest of danger.

But no matter where it was, there will be always that kind of a person―to risk their own lives for whatever reason they have. And she herself acknowledge this as a part of persons nature.

". . . Let's take, a look for, what they have, to offer, in this place. Shall we?" she muttered slowly with a soft smile.

. . .

Wearing a pure white robe lined with golden outline, embroidered with twelve stars on its back, circling a lone star in the middle of it. Bandages wrapped around the face covering her left eye, combined with bangs of her long silver hair. While her right blue eye giving a glimpse of many stories within. And another bandages covering both of her arms until the tip of her fingers. Carrying a simple-looking wooden staff and a lantern on the right hand, she walked steadily towards Orario.

Her unique appearance should've been attracting people at glance before questioning it. Should one be curious about what's happening to her just by looking at the amount of bandages alone. 

But the expected doesn't even happen. Not the slightest bit. Every single person was occupied with their own things, as if she doesn't exist in the first place. And the Gatekeeper itself had not even took a glance toward her, as she entered the city without a hitch.

"A bustling city, i see. Seems, more than, Sandoria," she muttered to herself, comparing the city to one in her distant memory.

Moving through the West of Orario, and after curiously walking toward a dilapidated intersection, she quickly found herself infront of an old church, overgrown with moss and most of the window glass has been shattered, along with broken main door; seemed to be abandoned for years.

Looking left and right, and finding that there is no people around, she finally decided. "Mhm. . , this, will do."

Because she just arrived, she has nowhere to rest. No. It's better to say that she is economically broke to the point of unable to rent any room, even the cheapest one, much to her guilt for avoiding the Gatekeeper; forcing her to do basically an illegal act of entering the city without notice.

Smiling wryly, she entered the church as quiet as possible. Trying to avoid anymore trouble as she had enough for today.

. . . There's nothing worth to notice as everything inside was not much better than the outside. Taking a long sigh, her shoulder dropped while she raised her left hand high, shielding her eyes from sunlight peeking through the broken window.

"The restrictions. . , is worst, than anticipated," she said. A slight frown is visible in her cute face."Was it because of, the Gods, is in the, mortal realm. . ?"

". . . Mhm, not the time, to think about, it. . ." Shaking her head to dispel the thought, she then sat in the corner without caring about her robe getting dirty. Leaning her staff on the wall, and putting the lantern beside her, she sigh but again. 

It was tiring. Her journey to Orario itself wasn't smooth. Monster exist outside the Dungeon, and for that reason, she was attacked numerous times during her travels, including a little help that she lend to fend them off from every village she had visited. But recalling the smile and gratitude from them―And if someone else ask for why, she would answer simply because it was worth it.

She is not a Hero nor a Saint. She is far from that already, but helping another has been turned into deep-rooted habit in her mind. Because somebody she knows close enough keep doing so, dragging her in the process. And again, it was paid enough just to see everyone smiling from their hearts. 

―Because it was warm.

" . . . Mors Ast Bourès, Silenta Sanctum.

Caged Bird Voice Boundaries. "

With a clear voice she commanded, and following it, a waves of magic swept through the whole building―a simple Spell used to isolate an area within fixed boundary, a means to prevent any kind of sounds from being heard by the outsiders.

Left with a smile plastered on her face, she took a deep breath, and a second later, peaceful melody escaped from her sweet lips.

The Firefly has arrived.

❖ ❖ ❖

6