Be ye man or monster?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mina sat at the large table, the maids having been, naturally, September to dine in the servants Hall next door. She was growing quite impatient at the lack of attention from this Man she was supposed to Marry, or at least seduce, And much as it had earlier in the day, Her Frustration and Impatience overrode her Fear and Anxiety. 

"Well. You would think the man who has essentially Made you his property would at least show his likely hideous masked face at dinner, but apparently not!" She complained to the Strange Automaton that was bringing In her meal. 

"Beggin yer pardon, Ma'am, but his lordship is quite bush. I'm sure he'll come to greet you eventually." The Automaton had a voice like a young boy, and was modeled to look very much like combat dummy.

"What is your name, Machine?"

"Well, Ma'am, Me Da, That's the Quatermaster, called me Elias, but that was before the incident. Now, everyone jus calls me Target, on account of my looks."

"Whats this Incident?"

"OH, it was terrible stuff, Ma'am... lord Stilwater was about thirteen, and was tinkerin around in 'is laboratory, when 'is old man stormed in, and took what he was tinkerin on and smashed it... it went kaboom, and we was all hurt pretty bad... but the master, see, he's a genius, so's he takes us and builds us these new bodies, like, and puts our Brains and such inside 'em... he got hurt pretty bad hisself, an that's why he wears a mask... he keeps is around, takes care of us, cause I think he feels guilty, but it weren't his fault, it were his Pa that broke up the thingamajig that exploded."

"So you are saying that you aren't a simple Automaton?"

"Fraid not, Ma'am. I'm an honest to God Cyborg, so's the rest of the staff, exceptin those pretty maids they sent with ya."

"Even Clocksworth?"

"Aye, but I see the source of yer confusion, ol clockface sure acts like a heartless machine..."

"Well. Perhaps this Lord Stilwater isn't as frightening as I had feared..."

At that moment, the doors burst open, and a seven foot tall shadow crossed the table. Looking up, she met the red eyes peering from the silver hawk mask.

"Target. You've been running your mouth again, I see. Telling things I would rather keep secret..." his glare toward the clockwork lad was quite terrifying.

"Sorry, Boss, but the lady asked my name, and I weren't sure which to give, ya know?"

"SIGH... Begone, Tar. Go polish the silverware or something." His voice sounded less cruel.

"Will do, Master Al... Er Stilwater. You make nice with the lady, though, Granny's orders." The Clockwork boy left the room...

Lord Stilwater met her eyes again, but Mina was no longer intimidated by the stare, feeling slightly amused. She stood, her manners impeccable, and delivered a low curtsey. 

"Greetings, my lord, I am Mina. It is nice to FINALLY meet you."

The man merely stared a bit more, then turned around. 

"I am quite busy. Clocksworth will see you to your room." With that, he stormed off.

[ Minas Diary]

I am having a hard time deciding whether the man Is in fact a man, or a monster. He seems quite capable of both. So far, I have decided I do not like this place, not one bit.

0