chapter 6
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Mikael's arrival, Drake had, without realizing it, calmed down. Mikael, always smiling sinisterly at these men, came up behind one of them in an instant and decapitated him with his claws;

Seeing this, his mate was terrified and tried to run away, but… how could he run away from a vampire at night? Only in a dream!

While this was happening, Drake, at one point, began to reminisce about his life...

Being born in the slums, to an irresponsible and alcoholic mother, never knowing or hearing from his father, taking care of his little sister alone, losing his mother too soon because of an illness, becoming a pickpocket to survive, having his sister kidnapped and still missing, where Drake concluded she must already be dead;

every time he was caught he was beaten mercilessly, no one ever helped him and no one even cared when he was close to death in certain fights.

This world was cruel to him... having lost hope a long time ago, but... one day when he was hunting his victim, he came across a handsome young man, better dressed, who looked silly and rich but , when he was caught trying to rob the boy, who was silly of nothing, he didn't beat him up, instead he smiled and helped him and talked to him. It is that same boy who is saving you now, in the present moment.

Seeing Mikael's blood-red eyes and razor-sharp claws, Drake discovered he was a vampire. At first he was scared but, seeing him kill the scums that brutally abused him, he had a totally unknown feeling and, again, he felt that feeling of protection and peace and a silent tear flowed from his left eye.

After Mikael killed the two men, he turned to Drake and stared into his eyes and asked:

"Are you afraid...?"

Giving a small reassuring smile, Drake faced Michael and said he wasn't afraid. Surprised, Mikael was silent for a moment and asked:

"What are you going to do now, Drake? I am a vampire, a creature that feeds on human blood, a being that you humans consider the incarnation of evil..."

Hearing this, he felt a tone of sadness in Mikael's voice and sighing and smiling, he said:

"I won't do anything, you didn't hurt me, HELP me and defend me..."

Michael stood still for a few minutes and said:

"But now that you know, I can't leave you here, it's not a matter of mistrust but of danger"

Mikael was thoughtful for a moment, but to his surprise, Drake made a proposal:

"Take me with you, I don't care if I stop being human because my own species abandoned me and unlike humans, a being they consider bloodthirsty and evil saved me..."

Seeing the determination in Drake's eyes, Mikael chuckled and said,

"I may be a vampire, but I'm different from everyone else in my opinion, so don't believe that every vampire you meet will be just like me. Of course, there are always exceptions."

Drake remained with the same resolve and determination making Mikael sigh, but inside he was celebrating for two reasons:

the demon eyes race has the power of hell flames, which even if they change species still remains, imagine a vampire with control of hell flames! It turned Mikael on, and the other was, that he liked Drake and wouldn't have to part with him.

With Drake's decision, Mikael recounted his escape plan, causing Drake to sigh and reveal a surprising secret: there was a way to get in and out of the kingdom, silently, without being noticed... it was through the illegal trafficking route.

3