33 – After the Slap (B)
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There I am, standing on the beach in nothing but skin and scandal, worrying about my hard-earned clout. I'm talking social suicide by underwear. If anyone sees me now, I can kiss that sought after persona I’d cultivated at LAG goodbye.

To think, just the night before I’d literally had girls coming up to me, pulling up their skirts and begging me to slap there ass.
Now, I'd be the guy who went skinny dipping and came back in tighty-whities. Talk about a fall from grace.

So, with the dignity of a cat in a bathtub, I wriggled into the tighty-whities. It was like trying to stuff a watermelon into a sock. I was half expecting them to just explode off me, like some kind of cartoon.
I took a deep breath, and readied myself for the most embarrassing walk of my life.

Each step is a mix of hope and horror.
Please, let no one see me. Let me just vanish into thin air.

There I was, the guy who, just the night before, had been strutting around with amazing luck powers, the title of #1 student, and a boatload of newly found confidence.

Weirdly enough, the first thing that came to my mind was Infinite Gun Romancer 2. It’s the one where they surprised the audience by replacing Solid Scorpion with a much younger Raijen, a blond solider that no one cared about.
There’s this extended scene where Raijen is forced to run through a level totally nude. Really, the director made the audience stare at his bare ass for about 30 minutes. Pretty wild in hindsight.

In the game, Raijen was this skilled, capable guy, but then, bam! He's thrown into this bizarre situation, skulking around, trying to maintain some dignity while being completely exposed. It was a moment that stripped him (pun intended) of all pretense and forced players to see him in a different light.

But it's an iconic moment in gaming history, both for its shock value and how it flipped the script on the player's expectations.

That was me as I walked back into the hotel – skills, powers, and all that bravado didn't mean a thing when I was just prancing around in tighty-whities. I went from feeling like the main character in an action-packed adventure to being the butt of a joke, literally and figuratively. Like Raijin, I was exposed in more ways than one. It wasn't just about being physically bare; it was about being stripped of all the facades I had built up.

So, there I was, Chance, having my own Raijen moment, courtesy of my own foolishness and a prank gone too far.

Where is that Luck Magic System when I really needed it?
I guess it can’t prevent me from making stupid decisions.

But that day, that walk of shame back into the hotel in nothing but tighty-whities, was a whole new level of low.

I had no choice, really.

It was either embrace the world's smallest pair of underwear or give the beach-goers a show they definitely didn't sign up for.

As I walk into the lobby, each step feels like a mile. The shrieks, giggles, comments and whispers from the many cute female classmates as I passed cut through me like a hot knife through butter.

Girl 1: “Oh my god, isn't that Chance? What on earth is he wearing?”
Girl 2: “I can't believe he's the same guy who seemed so cool last night. Those undies are a total mood killer.”
Girl 1: “Those have got to be the smallest tighty-whities I've ever seen! They're practically cutting off his circulation! ”
Girl 2: “For real. That’s so weird. I can’t believe I asked him to slap my ass.”

I recognized another group of girls from my Fundamentals of Gaming course. And they were even harsher.

Girl 1: “Wait, do you think he's... like a perv or something? Walking around like that?”
Girl 2: “Ugh, I hope not. But seriously, who makes a decision like that? It's just... weird.”
Girl 3: “I'm definitely rethinking how cool he actually is. This is just... sad.”
Girl 1: “Right? From hero to zero. Let's keep moving; I can't even look at him without cringing.”

The embarrassment was so intense, I could practically hear my ego deflating, like a sad balloon after a birthday party. I used to walk with this swagger, you know? Like I owned the place. But not that day. That day, I was just Chance, the guy in his undies, praying for a miracle hole to swallow him up.

It's funny, in a not-so-funny way. I’d into this world with these powers. Amazing Luck magic that immediately shot me to the top of the scoreboard. They had me thinking I was untouchable, invincible even. But there I was, as vulnerable as anyone else, maybe even more. It's like my head had gotten so big, it finally just... exploded, leaving me to pick up the pieces.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that day taught me a lesson about humility and consequences. I realized that my actions, my arrogance, it all finally caught up with me. It was a hard pill to swallow, realizing that I'm not the center of the universe, that my powers don't put me above others, above decency.

So, as much as I hated to admit it, I needed that walk, that moment of utter embarrassment. It brought me back down to earth, showed me that I'm just a guy, a guy who can make mistakes and face the music, just like everyone else. It was a turning point, a reality check that hit me harder than any superpower ever could.

As I stood there, amidst the mocking laughter and whispers, a stark realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It wasn't just about the humiliation I was facing; it was about what I had done to Bleu. In that moment of public embarrassment, I finally understood how she must have felt during the dance competition.

I remembered how the crowd had erupted in cheers and applause when I slapped Bleu’s ass, capitalizing on her underwear mishap. At the time, I was so caught up in the thrill of winning and soaking up the adoration from my classmates. I was the top dog, the idol of the academy, basking in the glory of my so-called brilliance. But Bleu... I didn't even consider her feelings.

She must have felt so embarrassed, so exposed and vulnerable in front of everyone. And I was the cause of it. My quest to be the best, to be adored and revered, had completely blinded me to the cost of my actions. In my arrogance, I didn't care about her feelings. I didn't even stop to think how a small, thoughtless action on my part could have such a devastating impact on someone else.

But, standing here in my tighty-whities, feeling the sting of public humiliation, I finally got it. I understood the pain and embarrassment Bleu must have felt. It wasn't just a harmless prank or a clever move to score points; it was a thoughtless and cruel action that hurt someone else.

I realized I needed to apologize to Bleu, and not just a half-hearted, casual sorry. I needed to make a sincere apology, to acknowledge my mistake and the hurt I caused. It wasn't about saving face or trying to restore my image. It was about doing the right thing, about showing genuine remorse and taking responsibility for my actions.

I had to find Bleu and talk to her. I needed to tell her that I was wrong, that I was sorry for humiliating her and for not considering her feelings. It was time to put my ego aside and make amends, to show that I had learned from my mistakes and that I was truly sorry for the pain I had caused. It was a humbling realization, but a necessary one. It was time to grow up and face the consequences of my actions, to be a better person than I had been.

When I got back to the hotel room, all my clothes were there. But my roommates weren’t.
Sitting on my bed was a note written in Amber’s handwriting.

“Chance -
After what you did to Bleu in front of everyone at the dance, Bleu’s brother Josh has picked us up and taken us back to LAG. We’ll talk when you get back.”

0