Vol. 1 Ch. 8 – Demon Flood (Part 1)
723 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Demon Flood (Part 1)

Part #1

 

Distant from the new kingdom Ambrosia, a black flood was flowing in. A shadow of unknown creatures of all shapes and sizes. A flood of monsters of which strength and danger were known to be high, were slowly marching towards one country. Deep within the wastelands were small villages of various races. They neither discriminate nor welcome, in a neutral stance, they were just mere cowards. However, fates finds them to be the first ones to be annihilated by the flood of monsters.

 

Lack-luster skin demonic ogres, Demonic moths with size of 2 meters, Mantis with the size of a bulky bear and snakes that as long as the rive of Styx. Various small others as well like berserk gorilla and Black furred yetis along with demon goblins and blood seeker ghouls.

 

There were too many to count by hand and too large to contain in a land. In simple calculations, the numbers exceed 4 million and the rough estimation was about 3.5 million and counting. With large of a number, a simple nation wouldn't be able to fight back, much less defend themselves. And the one that controls this sea of monsters, was a being with three horns protruding on his skull of a head, green skin like moss and meaty arms like logs. A disproportionate body that was both skinny and muscular, it was a disgusting being that enjoys the taste of blood quenching down his dried up throat. A being with snake like snout and jaw of an alligator. The demon king whom which hold a thousand hands, Demon lord Kakal.

 

His festering limbs that were seemingly attached to each creatures' cerebral cords and each of them were connected to his consciousness. Obeying each and every rule, his puppets of a thousand monsters, destroy, devours, pillage whatever they see is living.

 

The king enjoys good entertainment as Romans would speak. Surely it was just that but, simple entertainment would not satisfy this lord's hunger for blood an gore. Kakal was the 9th demon lord that currently occupies the deepest parts of the wastelands. This indescribable being has much power to rule over a thousand by using the power of one thousand demonic beasts. As long as the beast is useful, it's worth controlling. Within his hands are one thousand demonic beasts with various skills and abilities that could turn the world's strongest heroes powerless. Right now, in his hands were those monsters and currently, the heroes were yet to be seen....

 

 

 

Part #2

 

It has been a month since the disappearance of Kyoushiro Kagami. The kingdom of the newly made Ambrosia was astir after they heard the news about the disapearance of the black hero they have loved and adored. Right after he was seen by a guard posted in the third outer wall of the castle, he went missing near the plaza where the town named after the hero, Kyoushiro Kagami.

 

It was said that he suddenly disappeared near the plaza where a certain tree grows. A tree which withstand the sands of time that both have seen the creation and the death of Aurolius. It's a historic site that many people gather for it's beautiful blooming yellow flowers. Remarkably, it was already there right before the first king had built the kingdom. Rather, it was direct order not to touch that certain tree.

 

The queen, Arianne, quickly ordered a thorough investigation of the place where Kyoushiro was last seen in. Sadly, the investigation turned up to be a failure as they never saw anything wrong about the place. There was no magic nor trap was used against him. Only that was the weird thing. It was suspected that he was abducted but neither blood nor hair was seen. There was also the fact that he could have ran away but, after what was seen within his tower, it was the least likely to have happened.

 

Right now, the queen, rather, Arianne was having a meeting with the 8 royal countries in a place where the site of the meeting was hidden in a secret place where neither the heroes or demon lords could find.

 

This was the second time that Arianne had joined the council since the first day that Ambrosia posed it's name to the public. 'I am a member of the royal family of Aurolius that once stood as the riches country in the world' was the words of the queen. The 8 royal countries gladly accepted her as member of the council and her inauguration as the queen of the newly named Aurolius, Ambrosia.

 

The first person who welcomed her was the queen of the elves, Elfiana Litre Parcelous. It was a meeting between both genders that has the same rule. Because there was a previous alliance with the former Aurolius, it made way for an alliance which was regained through the new ruler of that land. With the former kingdom's forgotten mine shafts and vast lands it would be a waste if it were not to be used. That was the thing that both queens agreed however, Kyoushiro both beat them.to the punch. It was because he ordered Arianne's men to mine the forgotten mine shaft and use them for the benefit of Ambrosia. Elfiana had seen the cunning side of the hero which was step ahead from her own plans. Arianne was no ordinary lass either. She too had seen the plans of the Elf queen so she allowed Kyoushiro to use whatever he needs within her domain. However, it seems that the Elf queen haven't traced that connection as of yet.

 

There was also the course with the Ocean Empress, Rizandra Ious Silphenm. The person herself was of the mermaid-people that lived in the oceans that regulates marine farming and trade routes of the 8 royal council. Seemingly harmless but terrifying woman that holds over ancient text of now forgotten spells and hexes. This country is where Koizumi Hayato and Katsuto Sairenji had been sent to couple of days ago. Personally, Rizandra held grudged against the former Aurolius but now that it was replaced by a new ruler, she hoped of a better connection between the two.

 

There was also the case of the Beast country which was ruled by a king named Domant Ferious Lyanthrope. This king whom has the appearance of a golden maned lion does not trust the new queen. Since she was employing demon-spawns as her subjects, she was being suspected as  a demon-spawn herself. Because her hair was violet, it was easy to confuse it with black. However, because the color of her eyes were different, the other kings and queens did not quickly resort to false accusation. As expected, they all had one interest in a single hero. Kyoushiro Kagami.

 

The single hero whom fought with a hundred and fifty demonic ogres inside the trap room 'Wave room' and the killer of fifty flame wyvern in the skies, riding the flying elven ship 'Phirous'. They were also told that the fast re-development of Aurolius was also because of him. Even though his skills were not of that of normal hero nor dexterous craftsman, he both surpasses them with his own knowledge and skills. It was even reported that the swords that the hero Taiga Kurosawa uses was from the black hero as well.

 

The dark blade 'Dawn' and the pure white sword 'Dusk'. These two swords surpasses the legend grade treasures of all kingdoms. It was like a master of smiths made such blades. That was why, the 7 countries questioned the banishment of such talented individual to a remote region. However, the only answer the king of Travestin could give was 'It was for the safety of my people'. It was safe line but, no one bought it. Still, they trusted the person who once fought against a demon king himself. As of now, the only concern they only has was.....

 

"The appearance of the 9th demon king, Kakal"

 

He was last seen near the demon gorge and Devil ravine, leading an army of estimated 5 million demonic beasts, two days ago. Furthermore, the demon king had brought out the worst kinds of demonic beasts out of the wastelands. Not only that, there was a problem about the disappearance of Kyoushiro Kagami within the wastelands. Without him, the newly named kingdom will fall from the hands of the vile demon king.

 

Arianne knew of this all too well as such, the disappearance took too much of her to handle.

 

"Can I request the usage of your heroes? Although they have only been divided in respectable countries, mine will fall now that I have lost my only hero. I plead you accept this request"

 

This was the only thing she can do. Even if the heads of each countries declines, she could only bow her head to them.

 

"Arianne-sama, you do not need to lower your head like that"

"Elfiana-sama......?"

"That is right, you are now one of the 9 countries that leads this world against from it's demise"

"Rizandra-sama...."

 

Both the empress of the Elves and Mer-people, have expressed their thoughts. They are willing to let the heroes in their possession to fight to gain more experience and get stronger. Although there is the danger of them dying, the use of the magic item that Inomiri Shizuka, there would be no problem.

 

This device was made for her student to use. It was magic artifact that will transport it's wearer to a safer place if their life would come into danger. Each of her students received one except for Kyoushiro, who went missing before the magic item was distributed.

 

Arianne was thankful for the generosity of the queen and empress. The two desires to visit Ambrosia in the near future. As such, they wish not the destruction of the only place that has history on the strongest barrier they have known in history.

 

"I decline, I will not offer my heroes to fight for those beings which are related to the demon god"

"I decline as well"

"Me too"

"I will not allow it"

"I too, will not allow it"

 

The dwarf king, the holy empire's bishop, The beast king, and the other kings from distant lands did not go along with Arianne's request. Only the king of Travestin was left.

 

Arianne waited her his answer as he was still pondering about it. In truth, he wanted to help as much as he can but, the fact that the only hero in his possession is Taiga, it would be hard for him to help.

 

"Forgive me but I can not. Even if I wanted to, the burden would be too much for my country"

 

"That is alright, Travestin-sama. You only have one hero after all, I understand. Elfiana-sama and Rizandra-sama's help is very much thankful already"

"I'm very sorry"

 

Arianne knew that there was a rift between the hero of Travestin and Kyoushiro Kagami. It was from Kyoushiro whom always show a disgusted face whenever Taiga Kurosawa was mentioned. It was then that, Kyoushiro told the whole story about the real Taiga Kurosawa which Kyoushiro have warned her about.

 

"Do not meet him at any cost. He's too dangerous for you to trust"

 

Thus, Arianne heeded. She doesn't know the hero well to give her own judgement. The reports from the king of Travestin and other countries about Taiga were trusted as well. However, there were some reports about him that were too concerning as well.

 

Frequency in prostitute houses

Murder of innocent civilians

Robbery

Torture

 

Those were only some of the crimes that the spies have reported. There were also some that weren't. However, concerning what Kyoushiro have said, the hero can't be trusted at all.

 

Elfiana and Rizandra also know of this and that is why they were limiting what a the heroes in their country could do. They imposed some laws that lets them do as they please but only limited. They also placed some rumors through their own country's people about the hero Taiga and his dark side.

 

Anyway, as the council finished their decision, the meeting was adjourned and all of them stood from their seats but, before they could even react, the door flew open and a person with a beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes entered the room with a face that expressed her stressed in a certain matter.

 

"Is it true that Kyoushiro-sama went missing?!!!"

 

It was Lucinda. The next queen if Travestin which she will inherit in about two weeks from now. However, she was different. Her stomach was somewhat rounded. From what the people from inside the room have seen, Lucinda was pregnant. It was obvious enough since it was already right in front of their eyes. Along with her was Mikoto Aizawa the Master Tamer and Minami Todorki, the Healing master. Both hero were under the rule of Elfiana. Since she have rejected Kouga and Yuuya's placement in her country after what they did to a certain village, she took the two best friends as well.

 

Mikoto was showing the same expression as Lucinda, whereas Minami simply followed the two since she was worried about both of her friends.

 

"Lucinda, what are you doing here? Return to your chambers and rest. It would only strain you if you move too much"

"Father!! Is it true that Kyoushiro-sama went missing? Please tell me father!!"

"Me as well, Elfiana-sama. Can I please know the situation of Kyoushiro-kun?"

 

Elfiana was taken aback by these two extremely beautiful women pleading to know about the situation of one man. Was Kyoushiro Kagami that popular with the women? Elfiana could not understand what happened between Kyoushiro and the other two. What she could only see is two women that was played by a single man. It was truly unappealing. As a woman herself, she would not show such shameless face.

 

"It is true, Mikoto-sama and Lucinda-sama. The hero, Kyoushiro Kagami went missing a month ago. His whereabouts are still unknown as well. Arianne-sama have already put some people to investigate in it, but it seems that it would not be easy since the demon lord of a thousand arms were slowly marching towards the kingdom of Ambrosia"

 

'Isn't that right? Arianne-sama?' is what Elfiana asked Arianne who was staring dumbfounded at the bulging belly of Lucinda.

 

"A-Ah? T-That's right. Kyoushiro left his tower the morning after his cold has gone down. It was then after that he went missing near noon"

"He had a cold?! W-Was he alright that time?"

"Y-Yes....After I made Kyoushirou some porridge, it seems his fever at that time.....gone down..."

 

Arianne's gaze was fix on Lucinda's stomach. Elfiania and Rizandra too had their eyes fixed on the same spot. Mikoto and Minami noticed that and they could only smile wryly since they can't explain and where to start as well..

 

"Excuse me, Lucinda-sama. Your stomach....why is there a small light of magical power there? No, it seems very obvious but, how did it ended up there?"

"Un, that is right. Lucinda-sama, can you please give an explanation on that part as well?"

 

Both Elfiana and Rizandra are both races that are sensitive about the essence of magic power. With that said, they were not sure whether if that part of lucinda was just fat but, when they peered inside of it, a tiny essence of magic power was residing inside of her belly. That is why, Elfiana and Rizandra were inquiring about the truth from the person herself.

 

"Eh? Ah, yes. This is um.....the result of the love me and Kyoushiro-sama made"

 

*Crack*

 

"Hm? did you heard something just cracked?"

"Eh? was there? I didn't hear anything? Must be your imagination, Lucinda-sama"

 

Was it? Elfiana felt Arianne's magic power go out of control earlier and due to that sudden out burst, one of the legs of a chair cracked. Though it did not break, it's right foreleg had been damaged.

Rizandra also saw that occurring. Which was why the two queens were silent about it behind Lucinda's back.

 

"This hero, Kyoushiro Kagami....."

"Yes, he is a despicable man indeed"

 

Elfiana and Rizandra both whispered as they watched Lucinda and Arianne exchange smiles. The other people left due to the pressure that was being emitted by Arianne.

 

 

 

 

 

Part #3

 

Night time. With her back against a rocking chair, the queen whose hair was bright as the sun and eyes that were like shimmering blue oceans was reading a book as she was bathing the light's of the moon. Lucinda was reading for the child she was bearing, since Mikoto and Minami had informed her that those who read books in their pregnancy will have a genius offspring.

 

Lucinda took the advice and had been fond of it ever since. She had also been taking care of her body by eating healthy foods as prescribed by the royal doctors of her country. It was a shock for the whole kingdom about the news of the future queen's pregnancy. Moreover, her father wasn't happy about such event.

 

The king never thought that her daughter would give her first to a criminal of his land but, Lucinda persisted about her love to him. He couldn't just ordered her to have the child aborted or it'll damage the spirit of her daughter. It was the first time Lucinda had desired something, and as a father he couldn't just ignore it. As it was, the king consented and have the news spread about Lucinda's pregnancy to the whole land, hoping that Kyoushiro would hear about it but, he went missing just before the information of Lucinda's child-bearing had spread.

 

Lucinda was informed about it from Mikoto and Minami through letters. When the news about Kyoushiro's disappearance had reached the ears of all the heads of the country, Lucinda, along with Mikoto and Minami,  the three of then rushed to follow behind the King's carriage where they were led to the place where all the remaining royal families in the world would held their meeting.

 

That was when she over-heard everything what was said in the meeting room earlier. The news about Kyoushiro's disappearance and the appearance of a demon lord that was marching with 5 million demonic beasts. It was then where she met the elf queen and the sea empress personally.

 

But the only person that caught her attention was the queen of the newly named kingdom, Ambrosia. An extremely beautiful woman whose hair was violet, eyes that is gold amber and a body that can seduce any man she wants.

 

It broke heart knowing a person so beautiful as her was attending Kyoushiro. Any man fall definitely to her charms and that is why Lucinda was worried. Although Kyoushiro told her 'Wait for me' would she still wait after seeing the queen whom her beloved was staying with?

 

No--- That is why, Lucinda resolved herself about going to the kingdom of Ambrosia to search for her beloved. She also tried the communication device she was given, but the thought transmission couldn't get through. It was like something was blocking her. Lucinda was worried about Kyoushiro. That is why she couldn't bare the fact that he might be in some kind of danger.

 

Together with Mikoto and Minami, Lucinda will be going with them to the new kingdom along with the two others; Hayato Koizumi and Katsuto Sairenji.

 

Koizumi was the hero lancer that is already on par with the hero Taiga. While Katsuto was the hero that called the 'Guardian' or 'Protector'. His a holy knight bestowed with the skills that are similar to Taiga but only meant for protecting. Katsuto has no problem using any kind of weapon so his weapons always come in wide variety.

 

Katsuto Sairenji is a person with dark brown hair, muscle-bound body and the captain of karate club. Although he has experience in karate, the Sairenji family household is a matrial arts family that is trained to use any kinds of weapons they please whenever the situations needs to.

 

Koizumi and Katsuto both were sent to the sea kingdom of Rizandra the Empress of the ocean. There, they were trained under the strongest warrior the empress could give. The Merman Knight Rafeil.

 

There were news about their arrival in the next two days so the parties that were preparing for war was busy at the moment. Lucinda was just there seating on her rocking chair, reading a book for her child.

 

"Lucinda-chan, it's us. Can we come in?"

 

Suddenly, Minami and Mikoto were outside of Lucinda's room. Lucinda then replied with a 'yes' as she opened tge door her guests.

 

"Mikoto-san, Minami-san, what brings both of you here?"

"Nn~ Nothing much. We were just worried about your condition that's all"

"After the news about Kyoushiro-kun had gone missing, we thought you were having trouble sleeping so we came over"

"Thank you for your worries but i'm fine. Even though Kyoushiro-sama has been gone for a month, we can still use that to contact him, right?"

 

The thing that Lucinda was referring to was the magic communication device Kyoushiro gave to Lucinda before he left off. For a while now, Lucinda has been trying to contact Kyoushiro with the magic items but, the thought transmission couldn't connect. However, Lucinda never stopped pouring magic power in it in hopes to contact Kyoushiro someday.

 

Mikoto and Minami knew of this since they too were together with Lucinda till the last day they both stayed in Travestin. They were worried about their friends condition since she was trying to pour magic power in the magic items daily. That is why, after they heard the news about Kyoushiro's disappearance, the two, especially Mikoto, persistently came with the queen of elves. It was only a coincidence that three ran into each other this morning.

 

"What about you Mikoto-san? you too are worried aren't you?"

"Of course I am!!! But, your the one whose suffering you know? You're  pregnant and on top of that, you've been trying to call Kyoushiro-kun right? Your health is diminishing as of late and now that I see it, I properly say that you have to stop for now"

 

Lucinda's appearance was never different from when she parted with Kyoushiro but, looking at her closely, her arms were thin, her cheeks were shallow and skin was looking pale. Mikoto could clearly see that Lucinda was pushing herself to much. That is why Mikoto told Lucinda that she needed to stop for now. But, Lucinda only shook her head meekly. It was pretty obvious that Lucinda was getting weaker by the day.

 

"No, I can't stop. Kyoushiro-sama might be in a predicament where his life depends on it that he can't answer my transmissions. That is why, until the last drop of my magic power, I will keep on attempting to contact him"

 

Saying so, Lucinda sat back on her rocking chair, leaning on it making rock back and forth.

 

"I understand what you're saying Luce-chan, but you have a baby now so doing that will only strain the baby you are carrying"

"But still, I can't stop"

"You need to. Do you think Kyoushiro-kun would like to see you overworking yourself? I'm sure he'd want to see his wife and child healthy right? Lucinda should understand this right?"

 

Would he really? In Minami's thoughts, Kyoushiro was the type of husband that drink booze all day and making a slave out off his wife while she works. Obvious enough, that was what would likely to happen but, after having to know past through Mikoto, it might have been understandable that Kyoushiro would work hard for his own family like he did so to himself.

 

"Even still..."

"Even if you don't want to think about it, you should think about your child. It's still small so it needs a lot of nutrients from it's mother. Seeing you in that state, the baby might be suffering  right now"

 

Stress and over use of magic power. It was already self-evident that Lucinda was overworking herself. The fact that what Mikoto was saying true was simply hurting Lucinda. In truth she worries about her child but, her fears for the safety of her beloved Kyoushiro fills her mind with anxiety.

 

Who should she pick? The child that bore from their one-night-stand or the man that stole her heart from a mere first meeting? Both choices are important but only one should be choose. Lucinda know that yet.... It was impossible to choose between the husband and the child.

 

But.....

 

"I have to make sure this child grows healthy until he/she comes out. I'm sure that's what Kyoushiro-sama would like"

"Lucinda-san.....!!"

"Luce-chan....!!"

 

Mikoto and Minami both embraced Lucinda. It was definitely hard for her to choose but it was for the best. For Mikoto as well, it was hard to stay sane while knowing that something might have happen to Kyoushiro. For her, it was the sane torture like Lucinda. Till now, she hasn't had any decent sleep since the news about Kyoushiro reached her couple of days ago. That is why, waiting for now was the best option. Arianne is still taking care of that case it was best to leave it to an expert.

 

Still, it was still worrisome about the fact that Kyoushiro was staying with such beauty. When he comes back, it wouldn't be doubtful that he'd receive a flying kick to the face once he returns. He's got a lot of explaining to do is what her expression was saying.

 

 

 

 

Part #4

Then, two days passed, Koizumi Makoto and Katsuto Sairenji finally arrived in the secret palace that all remaining Royalties have used this past few days. The Aerial ship 'Phirous' have landed in the open courtyard of the palace. The few elven guards had exited the ship as well and the few of the attendants which were the two heroes left as well.

 

Elfiana and Rizandra both welcome the two heroes, as well as Arianne, the queen of the newly named Ambrosia kingdom. Koizumi was wearing a light armor that consist of reddish black full body suit, mounted with light armor pads on his chest, elbows and knees. On his hands was a 200 cm long spear with a slim pole that is very suited for throwing. However, that was only to fool the beholder. The long spear was a magic weapon that was created within the mermaid-people's legendary arsenal.

 

Katsuto was wearing light armor as well. However, his focused on both speed and defense. On his back was three kind of weapons in addition to the gauntlets in his hands. One was a thick great sword, the other was a long pole and the last one was a large ax. It extremely unfitted to bring 3 different kinds of weapons since it would only hinder the wearer. However, as Katsuto has much more stats in strength and agility, it suited him more than necessary.

 

"Welcome Makoto-sama, Sairenji-sama. I thank you for answering my desperate call for help. I am sincerely grateful to the both of you"

 

Saying that, Arianne elegantly bowed her head. Katsuto got his breath taken away with such simple actions. Koizumi saw that and only chuckled. It was the first time that he had seen the muscle headed Katsuto acted love struck like that. It would be best to leave it for later but, Katsuto was too love struck that he had been completely mesmerized by Arianne's beauty.

 

"Huhu.... Well, thank you for welcoming us Arianne-sama. We heard about the predicament your country is in and we immediately set out as per orders of her highness Rizandre-sama"

 

In order to not let the time be wasted by the love struck Katsuto, Koizumi took the initiative to reply to Arianne's words.

 

"I am extremely grateful"

"Makoto-dono, Sairenji-dono, please to meet you. I am the Elven queen, Elfiana Litre Parcelous. It is good to meet both of the heroes that my dear friend chose herself"

"Please to meet you as well your highness"

"Uh...ah? Ah!! I-I'm please to meet you as well!!"

 

Due to him being left out, Katsuto hurriedly replied to Elfiana. The elf queen smiled at him and greeted him as well. It wasn't that much of a problem since it was their first time meeting. Rizandra welcomed the two as well and had them enter the palace immediately to be brief in the current situation. The two consented and followed their queen to the interior of the secret palace.

 

"Oh? You were here Aizawa-san?"

"Koizumi-kun? and Katsuto-kun? Did you just arrived?"

 

In the hallway near the briefing room, Mikoto accidentally bumped into the queens' group while fetching some water fir Lucinda. Normally, a maid should be doing that there was something she needed to do. However, Koizumi saw her as she was on the way back pushing a cart with tea and snacks on it while books were prepared under it. Mikoto knew about the reason the other two heroes being there so she wasn't that surprised to meet them.

 

"Yup we just arrived. Were you here to fight as well?"

"Yeah, Minami is with me as well. She's with Lucinda right now, but since you're here wanna come with me?"

 

It seems that Mikoto wasn't able to notice the three beautiful queens behind the heroes. Both Koizumi and Katsuto were 180 cm tall so the the queens behind them were overshadowed. Especially the bulky bodied Katsuto whose in front of the queen

 

"Aizawa-sama, pardon me but we are on our way to the briefing room to have these heroes informed of the situation. I would like to postpone your invitation in a later date"

"Ah! Elfiana-sama, i'm sorry about that. I'll be going then, sorry to bothering you"

"It is fine. We will have you and Todoroki-sama join in later. Is that alright with you?"

"Un, understood. I'll tell Minami about it"

 

After that, Mikoto left pushing her cart and went left in the end of the hall. The queens proceeded to the briefing room where the other rulers were present as well.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

""What?!! A demon lord has been sighted?!""

 

It was after Arianne explained everything to the two male heroes. Koizumi and Katsuto wasn't able to hide their astonishment about the news about Demon lord Kakal's march towards Ambrosia. To be honest, this was their first fight against a true demon lord. There was news about Taiga fighting a demon general but he ended up losing after a companion took on an attack for Taiga. However, in these two heroes case, who have never met even a demon general, it was the first time that they will fight a demon, even more so, a demon lord.

 

"What are you two surprise about? This is what you lot are summoned here for isn't it?"

 

The lion faced beast king sneered at the two heroes who were shocked about the news they have heard. Koizumi and Katsuto flinch by his remark and returned to their calm demeanor earlier.

 

"We know that, however an amount of 5 million against 4? Are you out of your minds?"

"Surely, numbers are indeed quite the difference but, in terns of power, you heroes have more than sufficient to annihilate several thousands. On top of that, Arianne-sama is prepared to have her own soldiers accompany you. There is the matter of the magic weapon that Kyoushiro Kagami had developed there before he disappeared so what is there to worry?"

 

Arianne had spared no expense for the army that will accompany Koizumi and Katsuto. Together with the experienced ones that Kyoushiro had personally taught along with an army of a thousand. Although half of it were mostly hired mercenaries, it was enough just to increase their numbers. There was also the production if Kyoushiro's Hp and Mp potions that were taught to non-fighting individuals that was endorsed by Kyoushiro himself. With that, healing injuries suffered in the fight will mostly be taken care of Hp potions. The same goes with Mp potions. Moreover, there was the magic weapon that Kyoushiro made in case of something happens. However, the problem was that the weapon itself was only half finished. Due to Kyoushiro taking over the reparations and redevelopment of the land, it was left undone for a couple if days.

 

Arianne presented it to the council as an extra-precautionary measure against a Demon lord, if one were to appear. Sadly, it seems that Kyoushiro's fear for the future was about to happen.

 

"Magic weapon that Kagami made? What kind of weapon is it?"

"He said that it was a cannon that can fire a particle beam, powerful enough to erase a mountain. But, he left it undone to tend to reformation of the land I rule"

"Then, isn't it useless to rely on such thing?"

"Sairenji-sama, we know what you are thinking as well. That is why, we had prepared a team of the best military weapons development researchers to have it examined"

"Then? what is the result?"

"Unfortunately...."

 

It seems that there was no one that was able to perfectly guess what kind of weapon it was. Instinctively, Crafters such as themselves has skills that can at least scan the interior of the objects they wish to appraise. The skill [Anima Scan] can make the caster view the interior of which type of object the caster wish to scan. However, it was different if the person himself was unable to understand what kind of object he/she was scanning. As such, the weapon which was created by an other worlder was far more advance than they have thought.

 

Elfiana, who have mostly heard the report herself was disheartened about the fact that even her best appraiser was rendered useless. Arianne was open to suggestion as to how to operate it since Kyoushiro didn't told her anything about the activation of the magic weapon. However, no one was able to give anything since it was a weapon which was made by a hero himself.

 

"So no one succeeded huh?"

"Then? Where is that Kagami now? Surely he is staying safe working on it right?"

 

Katsuto was wary of the fact that the developer himself has yet to appear. It seems that he didn't hear about what happened to Kyoushiro earlier. Because Koizumi and Katsuto was worried about the march of the Demon lord with 5 million monsters from the wastelands. Looking closely, it was fairly understandable that he wasn't able to hear clearly about Kyoushiro's situation.

 

"As we have told you earlier, Kyoushirou Kagami went missing a month ago. His whereabouts were yet to be known. That us why we are inquiring your help Hero-samas"

 

Rizandra was the one who spoke. Unlike Elfiana, Rizandra was person that doesn't take shortcomings on long ends. She was the type to get on to the point as well and doesn't hide what she think or feels. Rizandra was completely different from Elifiana whose cunningness was already part of her actions.

 

Hearing that, Koizumi' s face turned sour. It seems that he remembers what happened at that day when Kyoushiro dashed in to save them. However, it would seem that that Kyoushiro was manipulating behind the scenes so that the other heroes would end up dead in that labyrinth. Katsuto was the same, however, his expression was that of a soldier whose commander was discovered dealing with an enemy.

 

"So he switch sides huh?"

"Eh?"

"That might be the case Katsuto. If it's him, he might do it"

 

Arianne was dumbfounded by the conclusion the heroes ended up in. True, it was kind of suspicious that an army of a demon lord was marching towards a newly built kingdom after the disappearance of Kyoushiro. If one were to follow back what Kyoushiro have done, it was quite a possible turn. But, for Arianne, whom was a person that worked together with him, he had no biased views on those that trusts him. He'd do his best just to keep them safe. Although there was a kind of side that Kyoushiro has that seems to think that the heroes was his enemies. It was just from his previous experiences that led to him being like that.

 

"After what he almost did to us, it might be possible huh?"

"Yeah, can't be trusted at all. Maybe after seeing an opportunity, he jumped in to join the bandwagon"

 

The two heroes continued to doubt Kyoushiro. The surrounds where nodding as well as they concur with the ideas of Koizumi and Katsuto. In their eyes, Kyoushiro was a hero that has black hair and eyes like that of a demon-spawn in this world. Even though that was the case, to the kings that protects their own country, having that kind of hero stay along with the other heroes was way to dangerous. That is why they were led to assume that Kyoushiro left to join the Demon lord to destroy Ambrosia.

 

"That is not true!!!!"

 

Slam!!--- The door flew open as the sweet sounding voice of a woman came into the room with anger filled expression. Her hair was blonde and eyes were blue. The woman whom slept with Kyoushiro and now bare his child, the future queen of Travestin, Lucinda Aluferd Travestin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(EDITED)

8