Vol. 2 – CH. 1 A sudden invitation…
600 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 – CH. 1 A sudden invitation…

 

PART # 1

 

Quite some time has passed and the few days had turned to weeks. The heroes Koizumi, Katsuto, Minami and Mikoto have enjoyed the time they had inside Ambrosia Capital. In a sense, it was like they were back on earth as the capital itself was full of advance objects and devices.

 

Not only there were hovercraft used to carry crates of materials, goods and ingredients, clothes and other necessities, there were also underground subways and underground farm houses. Honestly, the four heroes that were already from an advance world all though that Ambrosia were from another planet.

 

Giant holographic billboards, monorails, malls, phones, computers and even electricity, Ambrosia as a whole was very advance and technical than other countries. Unlike other countries like Trion, Paracelumn and Oceanus, Ambrosia exceeds those countries leaps and bounds.

 

However with the capital itself still being so small, Kyoushiro, the known “Black King” made it so that he could occupy the vast space around the capital. Using the underground railways system, Kyoushiro brought hundreds of miles closer and created a pathway to build more walls for the growing kingdom. Progress itself was not stopping yet. Kyoushiro even went as far as creating golems that would help the workers in their jobs for heavy lifting.

 

2 meter to 5 meter giant golems were made then were used to build and support walls as well as guarding the workers. Money wasn’t a problem as Kyoushiro was using underground mine shafts to increase the amount of gold Ambrosia possesses.

 

Arianne, the Queen of Ambrosia, didn’t saw these actions as a problem and had let Kyoushiro to his whims and build more infrastructures for Ambrosia.

 

In all honesty, Minami was at her wits end whenever she sees people riding flying flat-boards carrying large crates on their backs. It was like seeing some sort of sci-fi movie inside a fantasy movie. It was completely over the top.

 

Then, when Minami asked Kyoushiro was he as building such things, Kyoushiro responded “Isn’t it normal to make life more comfortable?” while making a face as if he was saying as a fact.

 

Well, unlike the other heroes that knows about fantasy genres due to them being young and all, Kyoushiro grew up from logic and pure hard work. It was obvious that there would be a difference from kids raised by loving parents and a child used by his relatives.

 

Lucinda and Mikoto don’t seem to have anything against Kyoushiro building advance objects inside a world of fantasy, in fact they were very welcoming about it. There was even a time when the two asked Kyoushiro if he could build this and that and ended up getting something more grandiose.

 

Koizumi was enjoying the casino part where most of the old underground gang bosses were spending most of what they earn in gambling. It seems that Koizumi realized that he has the skills to be a dealer when it comes to card games.

 

Katsuto was enjoying the coliseum games. Things like gladiator fights and raw combat that doesn’t involve death ended up getting inside Katsuto’s heart and gave him a whole lot of enjoyment. He was racking a whole lot as the new champion in the coliseum’s Grand Fight Games.

 

As for the Elf Queen Elfianna and the Elf General Durif, they were given simple blueprints for the magic particle cannon. As per agreement, Kyoushiro also handed 5000 boxes of recovery and MP potions each along with ten Air battleships that was just finished in about 3 weeks after waking up.

 

The amount Kyoushiro have given to the Elf side was enormous. It was like he was giving them everything like Santa on Christmas Eve. Presents were given and the magic airship Phirous was sent ahead back to the Elf kingdom.

 

The pale faces of the two gave Kyoushiro amusement as he felt proud of his own wares.

 

A month later, it was decided that Ambrosia would be exchanging goods with the Elf kingdom via magic airships. This was made in order to give Ambrosia more stocks in different kinds of merchandise and goods. Trading ships have already been prepared and in just a few days, the first trade will commence.

 

However, there was one problem…

 

“I… Have to come too?”

 

With a face saying that he doesn’t want to, Kyoushiro stared at Elfianna, who was sitting across of him inside the recreation room of the palace. Elfianna showed a wry smile as she watched Kyoushiro seemed so unconcerned of the invitation.

 

“Yes, you have to come as the representative. Arianne-sama is the Queen of Ambrosia”

 

Kyoushiro then looked on his right side with a questioning look at the said Queen that was purring like a cat on his right shoulder.

 

“Hmm?”

 

The said Queen seems comfortable as she leaned and sniffed Kyoushiro’s shoulder. Kyoushiro simply sighed at the Queen that shoulders the responsibility of being a ruler.

 

“Haaah… fine, I guess I can go”

 

“I-It feels like I am getting insulted!!”

 

“But I don’t mind it though!!” Arianne continued and buried her face on Kyoushiro’s arm. Elfianna too seemed concerned leaving Ambrosia to the hands of a woman who was purring like a cat on a man’s arm. Even though Elfianna was a Queen of a different country, such sight of a queen was very worrisome for the heart.

 

Elfianna seemed worried but she simply smiled and faced Kyoushiro.

 

“I thank you for your understanding”

 

“Don’t mind it, it is work after all”

 

Kyoushiro shrugged his shoulder and looked outside through the open window. The lush green grass growing outside and the trees standing out so healthily gave him ease as he was the one that rejuvenate a dying land, Kyoushiro felt proud of himself obtaining such beautiful treasures; just that the one he was looking was the two girls that decide to stay by his side.

 

Kyoushiro returned his attention to Elfianna.

 

“And then? Is that all you want me to do?”

 

“Ah yes, the Dwarf King of Dwvargo Kingdom wished to speak to you regarding the Wireless communication device that you sent as a gift and the Beast King Domant-dono wished have a bout with you. It seems that Domant-dono wished test your strength”

 

“I’ll visit the Dwarf king after but as for the guy that yelled at Lucinda… let’s just kill him”

 

Kyoushiro made an instant decision. However, unlike he was accepting the offer of the Dwarf King, his murderous intent towards Domant the Beast king seeped out. Kyoushiro was very serious in killing him as he heard how Domant yelled at Lucinda, who was just concerned about Kyoushiro. As for the rest that didn’t try and help, well it was just on “Meh, like I care about them” kind of feeling.

 

Elfianna smiled at such Kyoushiro…

 

“I do not mind you fighting Domant-dono, but please do not kill him”

 

“I’ll just break two or ten bones then?”

 

“Please don’t”

 

Kyoushiro was very blunt about physically hurting Domant. Though in the end, he calmed down when Elfianna showed a very serious face.

 

-

 

“How long will the visit last?”

 

“Only a few days a week at most”

 

After the talk with Elfianna, Kyoushiro was now pushing the wheelchair of the young Queen, Lucinda. Kyoushiro talked about the trip to Lucinda, since he would be gone for a short while, it had to be known that he would not be able to keep up the advancements in the kingdom. Though he still has yet to inform Kuro about this, Kyoushiro talked to Lucinda about everything he needs to.

 

As for Lucinda, she was smiling as she was having fun with how much time and care Kyoushiro was giving her. From the day that Kyoushiro woke up after the battle with the 9th Demon Lord, he had done nothing but spends time with Lucinda as much as possible and care for the child inside her.

 

In all honesty, there was not an ounce of sadness or worry inside Lucinda’s heart. She was very loved and cared by the person she holds dear, even though it was he that said that he might lean to other women for comfort.

 

Lucinda’s face was brimming with happiness; such expression was shared to the bitterly smiling young man right behind her.

 

“Then, isn’t just fine if you go? It’s only for a short time”

 

“Well, it isn’t like I don’t want to go. I am just worried about you… err well, that’s just how it is”

 

Embarrassed to express how he feels, Kyoushiro made a slight U-turn of words and held Lucinda’s shoulder with his right hand. Though it went without saying that Kyoushiro felt how lucky he was with Lucinda, the slight bitterness of leaving her behind caused him to show a slight resistance in going to some other country for an inspection.

 

For now the peace and tranquility the have was more than enough to ease each other’s feelings.

 

 

PART # 2

 

The next day after, Kyoushiro and the elf queen Elfianna were getting on board the Flying ship Phirous. Along the two were the Elf army and Durif as well as the other heroes; Koizumi, Katsuto and Minami. Since Mikoto would remain with Lucinda in Ambrosia for a while, it was decided that Mikoto would stand as Lucinda’s guard.

 

Arianne was willing to lend a hand but since she was the Queen of Ambrosia, her time with Mikoto and Lucinda was lessened due to her work. The redevelopment of Ambrosia was still continuing even without the help of Kyoushiro now.

 

Aboard the newly improve Phirous, Kyoushiro was waving goodbye to his family. As the view of the Ambrosian walls became distant, Kyoushiro turns around.

 

“What? First time on a very long trip?”

 

“It isn’t that long jackass. It’s only for a week”

 

As Kyoushiro turned, Koizumi teased Kyoushiro, who was just saying goodbye to his wife. Although it was obvious that Kyoushiro doesn’t want to leave Ambrosia at all, he was forced to do so since he was the only one that can teach both armament creation and advance potion compounding.

 

The snickering Koizumi received a harsh reply from Kyoushiro, who was displeased about being near one of the guys that threw him at that dungeon.

 

“Why don’t you lighten up then? It’s only for a week. What’s the worst thing that could happen on this trip?

 

“Nothing, besides that chance of being attack by wyverns”

 

Kyoushiro sighed. Knowing that he has the worst luck when it comes to air travel, Kyoushiro couldn’t help but be worried. There was that part of Kyoushiro that wants to clobber the guys that set those first wyverns into frenzy but that was just on the lower side.

 

The blue sky that bares the clouds moves steadfast in Kyoushiro’s eyes.

 

“Oh right, there was that old rumor huh?”

 

“It isn’t that good rumor to begin with Katsuto”

 

“What? Was “I” the one that unleashed those monsters in that rumor?”

 

Kyoushiro let out a sarcastic and irritated tone of voice as he felt truly annoyed at Katsuto’s and Koizumi’s exchange. Well, there was no harm done so Kyoushiro immediately let go of it. His eyes was then lead to the bow of the ship.

 

A slim elf woman knight was looking at him for some reason.

 

Why do I have the sudden urge to jump off the ship…?’ Kyoushiro sighed once more and stared at the sky.

 

 

-

 

 

As the ship flew, a few days passed. Kyoushiro, who had been enduring not to jump off from the ship, has been spending his time leisurely by doing practice swings and improving his skills.

 

For the past few days, Kyoushiro was keeping himself busy. Either it was compounding or thinking of new designs for his newest invention. The small room he decided to get was immediately filled with various stacks of papers and the stenches of potions were lingering within the room.

 

In hindsight, his living condition was horribly bad. Back in Ambrosia, there were maids always taking care of his needs. The cleaning and cooking were mostly left to them and tidying up Kyoushiro’s mess was left to them as well.

 

In any case, the flight towards the Elf nation was still going. While that was still going, the other heroes were already acquainted with ship’s crew members. Since everyone was friendly from the beginning, there weren’t much problem getting along in one ship.

 

The only one who was different was Kyoushiro…

 

“Haaaa…. My back hurts…”

 

Grumbling over the back pain he was experiencing, Kyoushiro yawned as he slouched forth as stare at the edge of the ship on the deck. The clouds were flowing freely and the soft breeze eases Kyoushiro’s woes.

 

“You sound like an old man dude”

 

“Get off my case, will you? I stayed up all night thinking of newer weapons and armors against demon lords. So be grateful that I haven’t shirked on work here”

 

Koizumi was with Kyoushiro at the moment. Although Koizumi has been spending a lot of time with Kyoushiro as of late, it wasn’t as though they were friends already. Katsuto was still hanged up with Arianne-business and while Minami was with the elf queen, there was nothing for the other two to do.

 

Well, Kyoushiro wasn’t really fond of having someone in his study space but since that beats being alone for hours long end while drowning in piles of papers, Kyoushiro didn’t mind the company.

 

“So? How long until we land? I hope it won’t be long now?”

 

Kyoushiro asked. Up until now, the distance between the Elf nation and Ambrosia was like Western Europe and East Asia. If one where to think of that distance and the slowness of the Elven magic airship Phirous, arriving to their destination would last for about a month. But since there was a certain someone that has begun tweaking with the ship’s main engine and boosting its output by lot, the trip should last for less than half a month.

 

Today was the start of the second week…

 

“If you didn’t touch the magic furnace then would be able to know. Didn’t you cut off the travel time by half?”

 

“Hey, I can’t help it if this ship is just too slow. I am not the type of person that goes around in long time trip; so how long?”

 

“A day after tomorrow I guess”

 

Koizumi shrugged his stiff shoulders. Then as Koizumi was going to stand and head out for a bit, a knock suddenly came from the door. Kyoushiro vigilantly opened his <Magic Seer> skill and scan the magic power of the person behind the door.

 

Koizumi then thought “You don’t have to be that cautious… right?” before going to the door and opening it.

 

“Oh Katsuto, what brings you here?”

 

The person who came was Katsuto Sairenji…

 

“Elfianna-sama wants us in the command room. She said it’s urgent”

 

Koizumi replied “Understood” before looking over his shoulder and gazed at Kyoushiro. Meeting such gaze, Kyoushiro stood up, feeling reluctant as he heaved a sigh while standing. Afterwards, he uttered “Looks like there’s no break for me” and left his room.

 

 

 

PART # 3

 

“It is good to see you in good health Kagami-dono”

 

As Kyoushiro, Koizumi and Katsuto arrived to the meeting place Elfianna had asked them to come; her first words of greeting were sent to Kyoushiro. The sight of a young man dressed with nothing but his trousers in front of a royalty no less, was something disrespectful but as Kyoushiro was similar to that of a state guest; her remarks were meant to be sarcastic.

 

Kyoushiro smiled wryly and scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Even he knew that staying in indoor clothes when visiting a Queen would be rude but as he didn’t do much of unpacking done when he rode in Phirous, the clothes he has on was the only clothes he could go out with even on ceremony.

 

Kyoushiro gave a short apology before going onto point.

 

“Sorry for my clothes. Anyways, why did you call us specifically? You even went through Sairenji after all”

 

Queen Elfianna could have made her servants call Kyoushiro and the other two but instead she had Katsuto call Kyoushiro and Koizumi. In this instance, it could be inferred that Queen Elfianna only want the three males heroes to come, which was terribly suspicious as Elfianna had no guard behind her or around her at all.

 

At Kyoushiro’s question Elfianna showed a piece of paper to the three. There, the paper had few cuts on its sides with smudges on the back. There were even traces of blood being on the paper which hinted that the paper wasn’t normal like it was washed up in some shore.

 

Elfianna immediately divulged the paper’s contents.

 

“This letter just came in today and it came with a very worrying asked for help”

 

“Your highness… that is”

 

“Yes, it is as you’ve guessed Sairenji-sama. This letter is an urgent matter”

 

Elfianna nodded at Katsuto’s worrying gaze.

 

Inside the letter, the words written were “Help me” and nothing else follows. It was written in blood which caused even more worry inside Elfianna’s heart. What’s more, she recognizes the handwriting itself and made her came to a conclusion that someone dear to her was in danger.

 

Elfianna’s eyes fell unto the figures of the three heroes in front of her.

 

“This handwriting is from my niece, Lydia Demius Flowerchild. She was supposed to head from Bloomsmeir Kingdom to Paracelumn but…”

 

“Something happened?”

 

“Yes…”

 

Elfianna’s expression slowly darkened. With someone of her blood being out in the wilderness like that, sending an SOS no less, would definitely give someone like Elfianna bad signals. Thinking that there was something that must be done, she immediately decided to make a short detour.

 

“Although the trip was meant for a week it lasted for two. I am very sorry for this, Kagami-dono. Me, taking your time when you have your own nation to worry about…”

 

“It’s fine now. I’ve already contacted Lucinda about this”

 

Kyoushiro had already told Lucinda that the trip might longer than what was agreed. Lucinda didn’t mind that and happily gave her support. Although there was part where her husband was supposed to be next to her right now, she happily let her husband go off on a long business trip.

 

Was Lucinda being considerate about her connection with other nations like a normal Queen? Or was she just that supportive? In any case, Lucinda didn’t rebuke Kyoushiro for prolonging his trip. Kyoushiro was happy that Lucinda wasn’t the kind of woman that would tie him down with her emotions.

 

Even now, Lucinda was practically supporting Kyoushiro behind the shadows.

 

“So? Will we stop by some town or something?”

 

“Yes, the nearest possible landing place here is a town called Caladium. It has landing port for airships such as Phirous”

 

 

9