Vol. 3 CH. 2 – Letters from Home
274 11 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 3 CH. 2 - Letters from Home

PART #1

The group lead by Lucinda had arrived grandly at the castle grounds. The limousine that had all the members of this trip was garnering quite the attention to the nobles.

Kuro, representing the Ambrosia kingdom was making a smug face. After all, the car they just rode in was received popularly by many.

Nero was standing guard by Lucinda with Rea and Lea. Niya was quietly standing behind Lucinda.

"Lucinda..... welcome home"

"Father, I am glad to be back. Are you doing well?"

"Yes... Is what I would like to say but the current situation of the kingdom is...."

King Verdik was just an acting ruler. While the queen was resting due to her illness, it would fall upon Lucinda's responsibility to properly take over the throne temporarily. However, as she chose to stay with Kyoushiro until he left to another country, she couldn't fulfill her duties as the next queen.

The father who Lucinda had last seen as healthy and calm looking now looked like he was at his wit's end. Dishevelled hair and bags under his eyes. His cheeks were shallow and his eyes were sunken.

It was evident that King Verdik was really stressed for a long time now.

"The situation worsened when you left Lucinda. We don't know how this all happened"

"I see.... I apologize for my long leave of absence father. For the moment, I would like to have my company to rest in the castle. I also wished to see mother, if possible"

"Alright"

Lucinda was back in her work mode. Pretty much like her mother, Lucinda was fast when acting on a job. Though her current appearance was that of a woman on a wheel chair, she still hadn't lost her touch as the next queen.

King Verdik nodded at Lucinda's request. Although there were nobles around them showing a dissatisfied expressions, no one voiced out any complaints.

They were just watching on the sidelines, biting down their tongues and watching as the everything proceeds.

"My! Welcome back, Lucinda-sama. I believed that you have received my letter?"

It was just then, at the top for the castle staircase, the royal adviser Welmner, appeared. He clapped his hands slowly as he descends down the staircase.

"Royal Adviser..... I believed the letter you have sent me is real? It reached the wasteland quite easily, even into my hands no less"

"I have a very helpful friend to lend me a hand"

Welmner smiled. Considering the fact that he was able to send a letter to Lucinda in a place filled with Demon Spawns, it felt odd that the letter itself reached her. One of the reason was that, the wasteland was full of strong monsters and secondly, there was no one in their right mind would come to a place where all the Demon Spawns were chased out to, stays.

Lucinda even though that Arianne might have written the letter herself but that didn't really sunk in Lucinda since Arianne has nothing against Lucinda.

For Welmner to say he had a friend help him, that person might have been a lunatic.

"Has my mother, the Queen been fairing well?"

"She had fainted a few times more even after waking up the first time. We had already the experts in the castle look into her sickness but there was no further findings"

Apparently, the queen had already woken up once. However, probably due to her sickness relapsing, it caused he to faint a few times over. In medical diagnosis, the Queen might be suffering in some kind of deadly illness or disease.

Lucinda's expression turned foul but she easily kept her calm and neutral face. With a smile on her face, Lucinda climbed up the stairs with her golem type wheelchair.

"I shall see my mother now"

"Right, I apologize for blocking the way, your Highness"

Welmner took a step back. Niya pushed the wheelchair forward quietly while ignoring the gazes of the guards. Rea and Lea followed with playful skips while Nero held his spear on his shoulder and keeping vigilant of the surroundings.

"Hmm? And you are?"

Kuro was the only one left outside. Not only that, the golem workers and the Magic Iron Knights were standing behind him as well. The Humvees were parked neatly on the side of the entrance while the trucks remained parked outside. The unit lead by Kuro were still inside them as well as the supplies they brought with them.

As soon as everyone left, Kuro remained along with the King and his associates.

"I am the right hand of the Black King and Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami, as well as the High Commander of the Ambrosia Black Army. I came as a guard for her Highness Lucinda"

"Heh, and what do i—We owe the pleasure of entertaining such commander of your caliber in our country? As you say, you are but a mere guard to our future queen"

Welmner acted haughtily. While King Verdik was trying to make sure to not to displeased the guests, the royal adviser was pushing his luck.

Kuro showed his sharp fangs and as he snickered.

"Welmner, do not be rude to our guest"

"Hmmm... my apologize your Majesty"

Welmner lowered his head to King Verdik as he apologize. Though it sounded more like he was insulting him than being sincere with his apology.

"Hmph, I have heard already of what you did to our king. While he has no plans of taking this kingdom under his rule, his Majesty has no intention of letting a single hair be plucked upon her Highness Lucinda's body. Should she be harms along with the heir, please know that we won't standby watching"

"This is no warning" Kuro added and snapped his finger. As  he did the unit Kuro leads all jumped off their Humvees. One by one black armored knights of different races came lining up next to worker golems. Black haired elves, Black eared rabbitmen, cat-eared and even dwarves and dark elves. The unit had about 20 Knights. All of them wearing highly enchanted armors.

"We won't need any permission. Please leave the guard duty to me and my men"

"........"

King Verdik watched as the 20 armed Knights split into groups and went to different directions. The nobles as well as Welmner showed how such sight got under their skins. They were all irritated at the fact that some Demon Spawn, commander wannabe was making a fool out of them.

Not only that the Magic Iron Knights, flew into the sky and went back to Mordred. The worker golems then proceeded to march out of the castle gates along with the trucks filled with supplies.

This was quietly ordered from the captain of the battleship. Mordred.

"I shall take my leave now"

Done with showing off Ambrosia's might, Kuro went inside the castle. leaving behind a couple of nobles with faces red anger bursting faces.......

———

"How dare—How dare that damn monster insult me!!?"

Welmner returned to his office in the palace. After getting insulted by a mere Demon Spawn, Welmner's pride took a hit. He was the proud human of a powerful country, more so, a royal adviser. To think a mere dirtrag country like Ambrosia and that Demon Spawn Commander wannabe treat him like he was ranked lower than him.

Welmner was the royal adviser. In addition to being a former captain in the Knight Order of the kingdom, Welmner was a rank— no, he was at least ten ranks above Kuro.

"Damn him! Damn that Black Hero!"

Even though it was plainly obvious that the golems that Kuro brought, the limousine, the Humvees and the trucks were all by products of Kyoushiro's skills, Welmner still couldn't accept it. That despite being the weakest of all the heroes, it was Kyoushiro that was only highly capable.

The black hero he, Welmner, judged as a criminal, turned out to be a far better hero compared to the others. That while Taiga was the strongest, because of his arrogance, he had earned quite the infamy around the kingdom.

"We don't need any permission' he says.... that blasted Demon Spawn, I'll make sure you'll grovel at my feet...!!"

Welmner's face flared in anger. His castle was intruded like that and what's more, he was looked down upon by nothing more than a Demon spawn. How annoying, how aggravating!! 

"Tsk. Those large carriages.... those seemed to be heading somewhere. I need to find out where and seize it's contents"

With his mind slowly calming down, Welmner thought of something. The trucks that left the castle, though he didn't know what's inside it, merely taking those would net him quite the money. In addition to that....

—There are no humans guarding those right?—

Since he didn't saw any Knight or even a mere servant among those golems, Welmner believed it would be no problem to take the trucks. The Humvees were impossible to take since they were parked near the castle entrance but those trucks were still possible to steal.

With no knowledge about the mechanism of a simple car, Welmner now try to think of a way to steal the trucks filled with supplies from those golems.

PART #2

Medicines and potions made by Kyoushiro are highly effective. To those that drank them personally, ten out of ten people would seriously get their wounds healed immediately after just one drink.

Kyoushiro's very own classmates, the ones that took and shared the potions he made after he was deemed a criminal, all agreed that the ones Kyoushiro made were very effective.

The only problem was that, after he was sent to the wastelands, no one ever got another one of his potions.

As for medicines, the ones that Kyoushiro learned making from under the supervision of the black haired elves and dark elves, they varied in effectiveness.

According to head of the Alchemical research laboratory back in Ambrosia, the medicines Kyoushiro made had aide effects that could affect the person taking his medicine.

The effects varied from having hallucinogenic effects to raising a persons's libido above normal. Whether it was a medicine he had concocted from following a recipe or just simply going through trial and errors, there were still some side effects.

However those side effects didn't affect of the internal organs of the takers. Instead, their senses were either dulled or heightened.

As for why such side effect occurs, the person himself have no idea. But according to the Elf alchemist, it seems that the effects were due to Kyoushiro's imaginations affecting his concoction.

There was a time when the Elf Alchemist asked Kyoushiro "What do you often think about while making medicines?" then Kyoushiro answered "Huh? The drugs in my world have that kind of effect. Many take them for self pleasure but I only heard of it's effects. But well, they are effective after all so I base my effects on those kinds of medicine"

Normally, one wouldn't go as far as using those dangerous drugs for himself. Kyoushiro only delivered and some rare instances, he sells them but never did he got any whiff of any of those drugs.

As for his usual medicines for when he catches cold, he would just bathe in cold water then drink plenty of fluids. So Kyoushiro didn't really have much experience in taking any medication.

Then being in this world, there's that recovery potions. Herbs can help ease the colds and other minor illness so it was easy to recover. There's also the effects of the status to the person. Even a person would a high vitality won't get sick in this world.

So Kyoushiro didn't care about the effects. But once the elf alchemist pointed out Kyoushiro's problem while making his own medicines, the those weird side effects disappeared. In its place, it was replace with a strong effectiveness in terms of recovery and eliminating the viruses quite easily.

Then once Kyoushiro had gotten his hands on a yellow flower with a weird black stem, along with the knowledge from the 500 old books he got in that weird place, Kyoushiro's potions and medicine could even cure any sort of diseases and illness. There was also a case where one of his potions could regrow severed limbs. Because of that, Kyoushiro shared his knowledge to the researchers in order to make such effective potions and medicines.

Then right in Lucinda's hands was a small vial of an eerie blood like medicine.

"This medicine.... will it truly help mother?"

"Yes. His majesty had them made in bulks in case something happens. The researchers in the Alchemist research lab had also authenticated it's effects. There is nothing to worry about"

Niya had answered Lucinda's worried question. It was natural, after all, none of the medicines nor potions inside Ambrosia were circulating outside the wastelands. The effects were only known by those who made them. Though there is a small label attached to the vial so that any person could use it without worry.

"......Alright"

Lucinda resolved herself. Her hands tightly holding the vial while her eyes were gazing at her weakened mother.

Then, as Lucinda slowly raised her mother, she then placed the mouth of vial into the gaps her mother's lips. As soon as she saw her mother's throat moving, Lucinda prayed for the medicine's success.

"Will she be alright?"

"I don't know father.... but I'm sure the medicines found in Ambrosia kingdom are very effective"

King Verdik was also inside the Queen's chambers. Aside from them, there was some maids as well as Rea and Lea who were watching behind Niya. Nero was standing close to the door with his attention to the important figures around the bed. In case something happens, Nero would immediately act.

And then.....

"Ugh...kuu...."

The Queen groaned. Her body slightly shined with glittery golden lights coming out of her body. Her thin frame slowly returned to it's former healthy state. The pale complexion disappeared and rosy cheeks returned to the Queen's face. Her dull hair grown shiny and the vestiges of gold silk like color came back.

The medicine had showed immediate effects. Seeing such effects as though rewinding time, the maids and King Verdik all gasp as they witnessed such miraculous phenomenon.

And so.....

"Nn.....? Dear? Lucinda?"

The Queen slowly woke up.

"Mother!!"

"Isabella!!"

Lucinda and King Verdik rushed to the Queen's side.Tears of joy and relief flowing from the corner of their eyes.

"Don't be too noisy. It's still..... morning? Right?"

Queen Isabella was confused for a moment. Her body felt better than before and she doesn't have that sluggish drowsy like feeling.

No, she felt better compared to before. It's like she didn't have any sickness at all and was ten years younger in terms of health.

"What happened? I thought I was...."

Even this feeling of refreshness felt odd. Queen Isabella still couldn't figure out why she felt healthy all of a sudden.

"You have been in and out of sleep. For the past few months now"

"Wait... what do you mean few months? How long was I asleep?"

"Isabella, you were in bed for at least nealr half a year already. You wake up in some days but you often sleep for weeks"

"I don't understand Verdik...... I only remember resting for a little while after feeling under the weather. I haven't woken up since then"

"Huh?"

Taken aback by what the Queen said, King Verdik let out a stupefied voice.

It was weird. How come she didn't remember waking up? Although she was sick, it wasn't like she was in a coma. She would wake up on irregular intervals which was the reason why there were maids standing by in her room everyday.

Even King Verdik had seen Queen Isabella awake from time to time and would converse with her about how the day went and what was happening in the kingdom. They even have a conversation.

Turning around, King Verdik glanced at the maids. Immediately, they shook their heads left and right as to deny whatever claims the king has.

The maids were the only people besides King Verdik and Lucinda that comes and goes inside the Queen's chamber. Aside from the regular consultation from the royal family's own physician, no one could enter this room.

"Mother? Are you alright now?"

"Why... yes I am. I am fit as a fiddle. Though I still don't understand how"

Lucinda was talking with her mother. Although she was only gone for a month, it felt so long since she had spoken with her mother.

A smile of relief and tears of joy. Lucinda had taken the mantle of Queen temporarily because of her mother's sickness. Now that the Queen was awake, there was no need for her to where the crown.

While watching the mother and daughter, King Verdik left there side for a moment. 

"May I borrow a moment of your time?"

"........"

King Verdik asked Nero so. He was a lion type beastman like Kuro. Though unlike the impulsive commander, Nero was in his human form and only his ears and tail remained on his human appearance.

Nero took a silent nod after confirming that no one would come from anywhere inside the room. After that, he followed King Verdik, who had left the Queen's chamber.

"Is there something you want from me, your Majesty?"

"Yes.... though this may come as rude but, is there some way that potion that my daughter used, can alter one's memory?"

After hearing Queen Isabella having no recollection whatsoever about waking up from time to time, he was worried that it might have been an effect of the medicine she had been given.

However, Nero shook his head.

"No, there is no such effect"

"Is it possible to confirm that?"

"I, myself, am a living proof of that"

Nero answered honestly. He once took the same medicine as the Queen once. It was because he was poisoned horribly back then by a black King Cobra in the wasteland. It was thank to that amazing medicine that he didn't die from the strong poison of that Black King Cobra.

"I see.... but how..."

"I don't know why you're asking but there's no way that the medicine would have an side effect of altering memories. I mean, she just woke up with you watching by her side right?"

Nero was watching since the beginning and there was nothing out of place. In fact, if something did happened, he would have immediately went protect Lucinda regardless of the casualties. She was that important to the person that rebuild Ambrosia after all.

"Hmmm.... I see. Thank you for answering me honestly then. Also, please keep this conversation between us only. There is something I need to look into"

"? Alright. My job is just to protect princess Lucinda after all"

Nero went back inside. After the beastman left, King Verdik went back to his office. 

From there, a shadow came out of one room and knelt right before King Verdik. A man dressed in a black from head to toe. His face covered with a clothe but one could see his strange purple eyes underneath.

"Your majesty, congratulations on the recovery of her Highness the Queen"

"Save your greetings, I have work for you"

"Understood"

King Verdik had this weird feeling that no matter what he tried to think about, he couldn't understand. Like a jumbled pieces of puzzles, he couldn't put them all together without a mark.

The sickness of the Queen. It was something that should have been cured by any medicine. That's what the head physician said. However, it took around 5 and half months before she perfectly recover.

But she doesn't recall waking up. It was odd. Because King Verdik relayed what transpired in the court of nobles to her whenever she wakes up.

"I'll have you look into the people that my wife met before she got sick"

"Is there something wrong with her Highness?"

"No.... but there's something I want to find out"

Queen Isabella was a fine ruler. She was just and fair. She had the charisma to make anyone like her regardless of her appearance. However, she too has her enemies.

There were at least two people King Verdik suspects. Either it was Welmner the Royal Adviser or the Head Minister of Audit, Earl Velázquez Aldus Ernst.

The elder brother of Queen Isabella.

"Understood. I shall do as you wish"

The man disappeared instantly. As King Verdik was left by his lonesome, he sighed deeply....

"Haaaah..... the supporters of the hero Taiga. How unpleasant"

———

The smell of smoke and dead bodies. Inside a dark land with withered trees and dark muddy soil. The large encampment that was currently stationed around a mountain range, received a messenger dove that came from the Capitol.

"Hmm.... it seems that mother have woken up"

A small girl with pink hair. She wore a light pink dress, quite unfit to the dreary surrounding area. However, the large tent she was in, was filled with things that matches her dress. It was like she was back at home.

"Tiara-sama, is something the matter?"

"No, Taiga-sama. I have just received word from the Earl that mother had been cured from her sickness"

"I see. That is good news, right?"

"Yes!"

The Hero Taiga Kurosawa. A tall handsome man with red eyes and hair. He was the hero that was currently engaged in a battle against the first Demon Lord Vlad. Wearing his pristine white and shiny armor, he knelt down to the same height as Princess Tiara, the youngest sister of Lucinda.

Many months have passed since the heroes were divided to serve different countries. Taiga was decided to stay in Travestin while the others were sent off to other places.

However, Taiga wasn't alone. He had his comrades with him.

"Taiga, the attacks of the Ghouls have stopped. Should we advance?"

Suddenly, a lovely female knight with golden ringlets and blue eyes came in to report what was currently happening in the Fortress of Ghouls.

"Leticia, you should at least say you're coming in"

"I've had enough saying that in bed with you. This is urgent. Should we proceed or not?"

Leticia Rembrandt. She was knight that was tasked to safeguard Princess Tiara however, because of the princess's wish, even she had slept with Taiga. It wasn't out of love, rather because she was ordered to.

"Ahahaha, right, you always squirt whenever I tease you"

"Kuh.... this is not the right time for that. Are we to advance or not?"

"Hmmm....."

The current situation of the battle was a stalemate. Taiga's camp had already raided towns and villages that houses, Harpies, Lamias and Arachnids. Because of that, there was a surplus of slaves to use to fight the enemies. The Fortress of Ghouls were used by the army under the Demon General of the first Demon King to keep Taiga's army at bay. Due to that their advances were halted.

"No need to get mad. For now, tell everyone to retreat"

"If we go back now, they might fortify their defenses"

"Or it might be a trap for us. From what we've gathered, Ghouls have poisons in their fluids, specifically in their saliva. Even their nails can be a threat to us"

"I know that"

"Yeah, you know. Everyone knows about it now. After all, we took many of their brethrens and tortured the answers out of them"

Taiga stood up then petted Princess Tiara's small head. 

"We also haven't received our supplies yet. Tell the main force we'll return to the capital for now. We need to replenish our troops and supplies"

This march had started after the heroes were divided to different countries. Using the influence of the Royal Adviser and the Earl, they gathered soldiers, mercenaries and slaves.

Now, they were marching close to the Demon King's castle.

"Return you say.... we have been here for a near 6 months already. Do you think they'd welcome us without any report of success?"

"Tsk, are you saying that I haven't done anything that can be counted as an accomplishment?"

"....."

Suddenly, the air around Taiga changed.

"If that damn Demon General didn't ran away, I would have taken his head!"

"......."

There was the incident that nearly got Taiga killed. It was because he underestimated the enemy general and charged ahead. The numbers on the enemy side were overwhelming large while the ones Taiga lead were of small number. In the end, Taiga's men died and the mercenary lead by Ernest Vern, ran away.

The humiliating incident caused Taiga's reputation to tale a hit.

"Kh...!?"

Leticia groaned as Taiga let out a dense air of magic power out of his body.

"Damn it....!!"

"Taiga-sama, please calm down"

"......"

However, Princess Tiara didn't show any pained reaction as she reached out to Taiga's hand and held it within her arms.

"Fuuuh.... sorry about that, Tiara-sama"

"It is nothing. You are the hero after, it is only normal for you to be angered by such words"

"Heheh, yeah you're right"

Taiga calmed down as soon as Princess Tiara soothed his anger. Leticia sighs and apologized for what she said and immediately left to inform the troops.

When the two were alone.....

"Tiara-sama, my apologize"

"No, it is fine"

Taiga sighs. It's been a long time since they came to thus world. However, aside from a certain few that follows him, there were a lot that were now planning to abandon him. Because he hadn't killed a Demon Lord yet.

Because the weakest and the most incompetent one of all, killed one. Those were the rumors that was causing the mercenaries working under him to leave.

Currently, the soldiers that Taiga took were managing in this region. After taking everything from the villages that they passed by along the way, they managed to fill up their supplies. The army as well as the mercenaries liked the women that were collected along with the supplies. Due to that, the favor of everyone was still in him.

However, it won't last long.

That's why Taiga needed to kill a Demon Lord as fast as possible.

—That damn Kagami.... I thought he's dead already—

There were rumors about Kyoushiro coming from the soldiers that returns to the capital to report the progress of the battle. According to one of the soldiers that returned, it seemed that four heroes banded together to fight a Demon Lord in the wasteland. They took care the millions of minsters but were troubled when the Demon Lord came.

It was then that Kyoushiro's name pop up. Like a berserker, he went wild, chopping down the large tentacles of the Demon Lord. With his golden sword, he cut down the Demon Lord with a thousand arms by his lonesome.

There was more than that. Kyoushiro rebuild a nation of his own. 

—Kyoushiro this, Kyoushiro that... The black hero... the criminal hero....!!—

Taiga was the hero of this story. He himself was the hero. His class says he was. He was a Paladin. One of the highest class of swordsman one could reach.

He had the power to slay monsters with one swing, he can heal the I'll with his light. He was the sword of the gods. He was the king.... He was the ruler.... 

He was....

"I am...."

Those words remained cut. He didn't continued to say more. His fist just clenched tightly then drew from his gauntlets cutting through the leather.

Today however, he had to return to the Capitol. He had no other choice, he himself was losing his grip.

———

The Magic Academy. Inomiri-sensei came here to learn and create magic artifacts in order to save the world. From the rampant attacks of monsters allover the place to the atrocious battles and attacks of the Demon Lords.

At first, she was supposed to be sent to the Oceanus empire. However, it was changed in a split second when Koizumi and Katsuto were chosen by the Empress Rizandra specifically.

The student that came with her was Yui Inada. Her class was a priestess, as such, she was chosen to enter to Seifield Holy Empire. As for Inomiri Shizuka, she was using the Magic Academy as a base.

With her class being a Scholar and all, her magic artifacts designs were then built and implemented by the Seifield Holy Empire. Carriages that doesn't shake, magical lighting, barrier stones that could last for five years and even special compounds of fertilizers for farming.

As a Scholar, Inomiri-sensei had even taught around the Magic Academy. Because of that, the magic academy itself was using science as the basis of their spells.

"Shizuka-sama!"

It was then, in one peaceful day, Prince Roderick, came to her personal office in the Magic Academy.

A tall blonde haired and blue eyed man with chiselled features and a firm masculine body; Prince Roderick came to visit Inomiri-sensei with a letter in his hand.

"Roderick-sama, is something the matter?"

Inomiri-sensei glanced at Prince Roderick. The guy seemed to have came to her office in a hurry, judging from how rough his breath was. Though she wasn't busy, Inomiri-sensei was still doing some work. Like making new magical artifacts that could help her students.

Having her concentration disrupted, Inomiri-sensei decided to humor the prince.

"I have received a letter from the capital. My mother has been cured from her sickness"

"The true Queen was.....?"

Inomiri-sensei already knew that Lucinda wasn't the Queen but rather, a proxy. Prince Roderick told Inomiri-sensei that this was needed at the time since they needed the figure of the Queen to welcome the heroes.

Moreover, the fact that this letter came to Prince Roderick at this kind of time, meant that they found a cure for the Queen's weird sickness.

Inomiri-sensei was glad for Prince Roderick that his mother was alright now.

"And so? will you return to Travestin?"

"Yes, the letter says that all siblings must return to the capital as this was requested by mother"

Prince Roderick handed the letter to Inomiri-sensei to let her read the contents.

Going "Hmmmm......" while reading, Inomiri-sensei stopped as she read that Princess Lucinda was back in Travestin and returned with a medicine from Ambrosia Kingdom that helped cure the Queen. 

—A medicine that can cure that kind of sickness? What kind of medicine is that?—

Inomiri-sensei had been informed about the Queen's condition before but, she didn't have any idea what kind of cure she could make in order to save the Queen. Well, the life of the Queen wasn't in any mortal danger but she was slowly weakening by the day.

But after learning that a medicine can be made to cure such odd sickness, Inomiri-sensei was intrigued.

"Roderick-sama, do you know anything about the Ambrosia Kingdom? It was written in the letter"

"Oh yes, that...."

Prince Roderick explained how it was just a newly formed nation built from the ruins of an old kingdom. And that Kyoushiro was also involved in it's reconstruction.

"Kagami-kun.... so he was safe huh?"

Inomiri-sensei smiled bitterly. Because she couldn't save him when he was being trialed in to some crime that was obviously falsely made by someone. When the trial was over and the decision to send Kyoushiro to the wasteland as his punishment came, Inomiri-sensei came to intervene and tried to save her student. Fortunately enough, he was escorted safely to the wasteland.

Although, staying in the wasteland in itself was dangerous. After all, monsters of all kinds live in the wasteland.

"Shizuka-sama......"

"I'm fine your Highness. Still though, you are returning to Travestin, correct?"

"Yes"

"Then, may come along as well?"

"!?"

Prince Roderick's shoulders jumped as he heard Inomiri-sensei was coming with him. Red blush appeared on his face and the corner of his lips was twitching. 

"O-Of course! Please come back with me to the kingdom! Mother would surely be happy to meet you!"

It seems that he had gotten the wrong idea. Inomiri-sensei sighed as she couldn't believe a 20 year old prince would show such innocent lovestruck face of a highschooler. It was funny but Inomiri-sensei didn't have any plans on meeting with the Queen.

—I wish to meet with Lucinda-sama. In any case, she knows Kagami-kun far more than me right now—

The safety of her student was her concern. As such, she would like to know whether he was doing fine or not wherever he may be. She was busy when Kyoushiro was in danger so at least, by this much, her conscience as his teacher would be satisfied.

—He may be the only one that changed a lot since coming to this world—

Those were the only thoughts that Inomiri-sensei could imagine as how harsh this world was to people with black hair and eyes....

5