Vol. 3 CH. 9 – A reunion of Master and Student…..
262 7 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 3 CH. 9 - A reunion of Master and Student.....

 

PART #1

 

Mordred landed just outside the forest. The large vessel looked overwhelming under the light of the moon as it cause a huge shadow to overcast just around the entrance of the forest.

 

Kuro and few black bearded dwarves exits the ship and took out 25 cm long and 12 cm wide iron plates. At the center of it was a large screen display that shows off signs where natural minerals forms and kept.

 

"Is this place good Karus?"

 

"Aye, it's a good place with untap resources. We'll get what we need from here"

 

Kuro nodded at the Dwarf's reply.

 

Kyoushiro had taught a handful of dwarves, elves, human and demi-humans about his creations. The research and development of various technologies found in Ambrosia were thanks those people's curiosity and ended up making tools of highest grade by themselves.

 

The slate of iron Karus holds was one of the manyproducts developed by the dwarves and elves together. Being under the same prejudice as Demon Spawns caused the two long archenemies to team up and produce a remarkable creation.

 

"Kuro-dono"

 

Gaius appears from the shadows of the forest along with some people following behind with torches.

 

"Gaius-dono, I apologise for the sudden visit"

 

"It's nothing. But did you really come to gather some raw materials in this mountain?"

 

"Yes, the land I asked the Queen for doesn't have much. We still need some other raw minerals and other materials to create the more important parts"

 

"Ooh? I don't know who you are but you can't just come to my nest and dig around the place"

 

From the thicket of the trees, Ashna appeared. Her beauty shined under the moonlight, some of Kuro's subordinates were awed by Ashna's pure beauty.

 

This person is not normal.....— Kuro narrowed his gaze as he sensed a depth of power hidden inside Ashna's tight body.

 

"It seems that I am in the presence of a great vestige. By your words, are you the owner of this land?"

 

"Hmph, I see that you are no incompetent to see through this disguise"

 

Ashna snorts proudly. Kuro may not have any appraisal skills but his instincts were just as sharp. What's more, he caught sight of the scales around Ashna's neck and her arms.

 

"Let me introduced you Kuro-dono, this is the Ancient Elder Dragon Ashnuval Deraga. She is an Earth Elder Dragon and she owns this mountain as her nest"

 

Kuro's brow twitched for a bit. He didn't expected to meet an Ancient Elder Dragon at this kind of place. They are rare and is said to be hiding from all the races including the Demon Lords.

 

Kuro walked up to Ashna and offer a handshake.

 

"I am the High Commander of Ambrosia's Black Army, Lyon Saber.  But please call me Kuro as it is a name I received from my King"

 

The Black Wrath, Lyon Saber from back then was nothing more but a bad memory for Kuro. For him, the name Kuro held more importance than what he called himself back then.

 

"Ashna smiles in satisfaction as the person before her wasn't so boorish enough to hold back being polite. Well, the last person who was rude to her was a crazy perverted old man but the disciple was good enough not to inherit his Mentor's personality.

 

"Likewise Kuro. I see that you brought quite a large ride there? I did hear you saying about gathering minerals"

 

"Yes, well, if you permit us, we shall begin the extraction immediately. But if it's impossible, we will search for another place"

 

It was no good to step on the tail of a dragon. Kuro knows it by experience after all. Though he didn't regret his actions back then.

 

"It's no problem with me then. I'll point you to a place where I don't care even if you went wild. But don't step in other places okay?"

 

"Yes, understood. I will keep that in mind"

 

Ashna was smiling when she said that but it was obvious that she wasn't joking when she gave the warning. Kuro made a conflicted smile as he let go of Ashna's hand.

 

"You got friendly very easily"

 

"I learned from experience to make sure not to underestimate anyone I meet. That person is not something even I can face"

 

Kuro and Gaius spoke to each other while walking. The people with Gaius were looking a bit scared as they watch Kuro in front of them. A large Lion type beastman wearing a black military uniform wasn't something you see everyday.

 

Furthermore. Kuro was taller and more muscular than Gaius.

 

"How many people are staying here?"

 

"A little over a thousand. It's a combination of refugees from destroyed towns and villages as well as the ones that received injuries when they interact with the hero Taiga"

 

As Gaius told the situation of the settlement to Kuro frowned a bit. He did here about the result of Taiga's deeds but he didn't think it was this bad.

 

The more Kuro hears, the more his face looked bad. For someone who experienced many discrimination from other people, Kuro understood how to live in this kind of world. However, he never had heard such atrocities because the perpetrator was a hero.

 

Kuro and his men passed through a number of houses. From there. people standing outside were looking at Kuro and his men with tired faces.

 

Were their tired of hating those Demon Spawn or were they simply not that interested in condemning them anymore after being treated so harshly by the hero they believed in?

 

In any case, Kuro wasn't so cold hearted to leave alone people in need before his eyes. He might have done it in the past but, if it's him now, he would lend a hand regardless of who they are.

 

Kuro suddenly stopped walking.

 

"Kuro-dono?"

 

"Gaius-dono, tell everyone to vacate the premises and board the ship. There is a medical ward inside that has enough High grade potions for everyone"

 

"Eh?"

 

Kuro ignores Gaius's bewilderment and continued to walk. He then took out his [Comms Link] and told the captain about his order.

 

However.....

 

[There are people trying to get on Mordred sir!]

 

It seems another unexpected event has come to hinder his plans.....

 

 

 

 

———

 

 

"Oi Taiga! Just where are we—"

 

"There!!"

 

With an energetic gesture, Taiga pushed his horsed towards the direction. Over yonder was a menacing black ship. Its metal hull was overwhelming. The large cannons and turrets were truly a magnificent sight to see.

 

However, Taiga saw it differently. For him, it was like throne waiting form to sit on.

 

"Oi.... what the hell is that thing?"

 

"Tsk, dragging us just to see this crap? What's going on your mind Taiga?"

 

"Whew~ that some magic airship I'll say"

 

Everyone of Taiga's party had different reactions when they saw Mordred.

 

Riccardo, Clint and Leo finally reached Taiga. Farris was on his way with Corrina, Leticia, Princess Aria, Fahnia and Deborah. As soon as the whole group regrouped, they walked towards Mordred.

 

"This here is a battleship"

 

"Battleship? That's no possible, there's no such magic airship in this world"

 

Clint disapproved of Taiga's words. Truthfully enough, what Clint says was true. In any other country, most of the current existing magic airship was only for personal use of royalties.

 

Magic airships for combat doesn't exists as weapons built inside the ship would just increase the weight and would slow down the ship.

 

However, Taiga shook his head. He knows that his own words were true.

 

"No, this thing is a battleship. My father showed me a real one back in my world before"

 

Taiga had seen one before and definitely, the one before him was real. There were various differences compared to the original but it was a real battleship.

 

Leo, who saw the thing himself, snickered as he had the same line of thought as Taiga.

 

"So we're going to steal this thing?"

 

"Of course not" Taiga muttered, denying that he would do such criminal act. "It's the hero's privilege to receive such thing right? So we're not stealing it. They're going to hand it over to us"

 

Taiga's smile was beaming ear to ear. Like a boy seeing his first Christmas present. However, the intentions hidden behind such smile was clear and he wasn't even going to negotiate about it.

 

Wait! How can you say that?!"

 

Leticia came down from her horse, barely dressed due to being hurried to chase after, only her sword hang down on her waist. Her loosened hair swayed as she moved and the shirt she was using couldn't stop her breast from bobbing left to right. Long white legs wearing only a pair of steel boots weren't least covered by anything.

 

"That's clearly from a different country! I don't recognize that flower crest anywhere!"

 

"You're wrong Leticia. Even from a different country, they know that I need a magi. airship to move around"

 

"How can you be so sure about that?! There's no way—"

 

"Because I'm the hero"

 

Leticia was cut off like that. Taiga's words sounded true and even if it wasn't, his expression was saying he won't take no for an answer.

 

Because he was the hero.

 

That was enough reason.

 

"Wha..... Just how can you act like that?! One wrong move and it's war between nations!!"

 

"Nations can go to war themselves. In any case, this ship is officially mine now"

 

"Taiga taps the hull of the ship with his hand. The metallic dull sound rang inaudibly. However such action only caused Leticia to act more aggressively.

 

"Why don't you just—"

 

"Leticia"

 

Princess Aria stood in front of Leticia, blocking her from ever charging at Taiga.

 

"Princess..!? Please! You must understand that in no circums—"

 

"That ship now belongs to Taiga-sama"

 

"......."

 

"That, I shall decree as the Princess of Travestin"

 

It was an amazing feat. Such a small girl was capable of exuding such magnanimous gaze despite wearing only her pajamas. Princess Aria, who always frolicks and plays around, stood steadfast before Leticia.

 

"Princes...."

 

Leticia groaned as she couldn't deny the princess's orders.

 

"Thank you Princess Aria, for taking my side"

 

Taiga smirks from behind the princess, making Leticia glare at him with murderous intent.

 

"It is of no importance Taiga-sama! Please go ahead and claim your ship!"

 

Princess turns with a twirl, making a smile of a hopeless Princess madly in love with her prince.

 

"Thank you"

 

Taiga gave his gratitude once more before slowly turning towards Mordred.He gaze at the overwhelmingly large black ship before him, his eyes gleamed with stars and the dream of ruling this world was slowly coming true.

 

"Who goes there!?"

 

A guard suddenly peered over from the railings of the ship. Then a light came down and shone over Taiga and his group.

 

Is that.... a flashlight?!— Taiga was even more surprise when he caught sight of such earth like tool.

 

"Riccardo"

 

"Alright!!"

 

Riccardo quickly responded to Taiga's call. The large bald man stretched his legs up before taking position and.....

 

"Oooryaa!!!"

 

Leaping onto the ship.

 

*Zuu—PAAAAHH!!!* However, one magical cannon shot a beam of pure heated light.

 

"GUAAAAAAAH!!!!"

 

Instantly burning Riccardo to ashes and crumbling in the air.

 

"Eh?"

 

Leo's expression froze as he watched such scene.

 

"There they are!!"

 

"Get them!!"

 

Tens of black haired humans wearing overalls came running at Taiga and his party. In their hands were torches and swords.

 

"Oi! This wasn't part of the plan right?!"

 

"Shut up! Just take care of them while me and the Princess get on the ship!"

 

"Shit!!"

 

Daris clicked his tongue as he drew his two short swords. Leo pulled out his two daggers in disdain while Clint drew his bow back with an arrow in his hand.

 

Taiga swooped Princess Aria from her feet and carried her over his shoulders. Leticia tried to stop them but Taiga already pulled out the Angelic sword Dusk, and jumped over the heads of the incoming attackers.

 

"Hero Taiga!!"

 

"Take care of them Leticia!"

 

Like that, the Princess and the hero ran away.

 

"Get that guy!"

 

"Oh no you don't!!"

 

With fast legs, Daris immediately appeared before one of the guards of the ship. Quickly swinging his sword, the poor man was cleaved in two.

 

"Neil!!!"

 

"You bastard!!"

 

"You'll pay for that!"

 

"Hah! Try then!!"

 

Daris grinned. The three men that separated from the group faced Daris but three arrows flew and pierced their heads.

 

Daris looked to the side and saw Clint aiming his bow.

 

"As sharp as ever"

 

"Just shut up and work. I haven't felt satisfied with Leticia-chan yet"

 

"Haha, will do"

 

Saris then turns around and returns his attention to the battlefield. However, as he did so, one crewmen from Mordred that he had just slain stood up and stabbed Daris right through his solar plexus.

 

"Wh....at......?"

 

Feeling something hot flowing out from his center, Daris went limp and fell down on the ground.

 

"Daris!!!"

 

Corrina, Daria's older sister, a cleric, ran towards him. A girl with fluffy brown hair and emerald eyes, wearing a sexy high slit cut habit, it wasn't something you'd see in a battlefield.

 

"Die!!"

 

Leo's yell rang out, around him were the crewmen of Mordred. Even the ones that was shot by Clint at their heads were standing up one by one like the undead.

 

"What's up with these guys!!?"

 

Clint kept firing off arrows. However, the fallen men kept standing up like they were just plain undead.

 

However, there was a difference from the rotten undead and the ones Clint and the others were fighting.

 

"Keep pressuring them!!"

 

"Don't let them board the ship!!"

 

All of them were still alive. The arrows that struck through their foreheads were just sticking out of the skin of their heads. No blood gushed out.

 

Even the ones who were cut down. The wounds they were receiving were slowly closing up. Barely hanging to their consciousness, they were swinging their weapons wildly like a berserker.

 

"Shit!!"

 

Clint screamed. As he tried to get one more arrow, his hand touched nothing.

 

"Fahnia!! Shoot me a spell here!!"

 

"On it!!"

 

Fanhia immediately responded to Clint's calls. She quietly chanted a lengthy spell. Blue light mixed with purple gathered at her hand. Then as her spell was finished, she then fired it towards Clint.

 

"[Magic Armament skill — «Magic Bow»]!!"

 

A translucent long bow appeared at Clint's hands.

 

"Thanks!"

 

Clint returned to his shooting.

 

"Kh!!? A this guys.... their tenacious!"

 

Darris groaned as his shield received a blow. Corrina was supporting her from the back with her support spells while Deborah was keeping up with Leticia.

 

"Damn it!"

 

Leticia cursed at the place where Taiga had just left. There were no more guards leaving the ship to intercept everyone.

 

Under the moonlight shining past the thick clouds, an endless fighting was wagering just underneath Mordred's hull.

 

 

PART #2

 

"Hoho.... this place looks nice"

 

Taiga landed at the deck. There was a large cannon sitting at the front of the ship. There were turrets stuck to the body of the ship and towering control rooms and hangars were built at the surface of the ship.

 

*Zuuuu—paaah!!!*

 

A turret fired a thick beam of condensed magical energy towards Taiga.

 

"Kyaaaa!!"

 

"Don't worry princess" Taiga put down the little girl who got frightened by the incoming beam of light.

 

Then Taiga held up his right hand and casted his skill.

 

"[Fortress of Knight — «Paladin Shield»]"

 

A shield of light appeared. It grew about 4 meters in size and blocked the beam heading towards Taiga and Princess Aria.

 

"This'll be easy~♪"

 

It was like strolling at the park. Taiga grined joyously at the amazing weaponry of the ship.

 

*[Intruder found]*

 

A voice that sounded mechanically overheard from the shadows of the ship.

 

What's that.....?— Taiga narrowed his gaze as to peer intoghe darkness and make out the figure of the person hiding in the dark.

 

However, that was no person.

 

"Oi.... what the hell is that thing?"

 

A bulk size golem with no legs. It's face was round and clean, it clearly had no facial features at all. However, the thick arms and barrel like fingers spoke the rest.

 

It wasn't no ordinary golem. In front of Taiga was one of the Magic Iron Knights Golem. Created to combat any sort of enemy wherever and whenever.

 

[Orders confirmed. Annihilate the Intruder]*

 

It was already obvious who that intruder was.

 

"So this ship even has it's own golem. One that doesn't even seem to be known in this world"

 

Pulling out the two swords on his waist, Taiga daringly taunted the golem. The magic iron Knight golem directed the ends of its fingers towards Taiga and fired.

 

*Zouu!!!!*

 

"!?"

 

Red beams of light were shot. Taiga swung his sword, planning to cut apart the laser beam that was fired.

 

"Taiga-sama!!"

 

"Tsk!!"

 

But then, Taiga changed his stance and put the two swords in front, trying to block off the laser.

 

*Kiiiiiinn—!!* A sharp noise rang out. The two swords, Dusk and Dawn were glowing red hot from the intense burst of heat from the laser beam.

 

Taiga then wrapped magic power around the two swords and protected it from melting.

 

Its done!—Taiga celebrated. As soon as the laser beam was gone, Taiga removed his swords in front of him and charged ahead.

 

However, the Magic Iron Knight suddenly appeared behind his back.

 

"!!?"

 

A large clump of metal fist was hurling at his face. Taiga immediately defended with the sword Dawn and blocked the punch. Then using Dusk, Taiga swung it down on the Magic Iron Knight's arm to cut it down.

 

But....

 

*Kii—Tang!!* The sword bounced off.

 

"Just ho—"

 

*Bam!!* A fist pummeled at Taiga's face, sending him flying at the base of the cannon.

 

"Taiga-sama!!!"

 

Princess Aria cried out. She put out both hands to cast a spell and help Taiga out. But her magic failed from even activating. Let alone the spell showing it's effects, not even magic power was flowing to power the spell.

 

"What is...!?"

 

"Unfortunately, this ship was built by none other than the Black King"

 

A man walked down the deck with white admiral clothing. Black hair and eyes like any other Demon Spawn, furthermore, he had a chiselled face that of a grown man.

 

Disregarding the two small horns protruding at the top of his head, he looks relatively human.

 

Behind him was a number of ship crew that was working inside Mordred.

 

"I don't know who you fools are but suddenly appearing at this ship was a grave mistake. I hope you all would step out as soon as possible"

 

Captain Grimwald Marc. Appointed as the Captain of Mordred for his experience as a Fisherman back in the past.

 

"A-A Demon!!?"

 

'I prefer the term Demi-human. I am a bull type demi-human after all"

 

Captain Grimwald sighed as he replied at Princess Aria's rude remark. His eyes glanced to the side and watched as Taiga slowly stand up.

 

"Hah, you're still a Demon Spawn you freak"

 

"Unfortunately, back in Ambrosia, such term doesn't exist"

 

Captain Grimwald raised his right and instructed to seize the Intruder. A youth with red hair and eyes as well as a child princess with pink hair.

 

Captain Grimwald felt something he had forgotten. Especially while looking at the red headed youth.

 

"As much as possible, I would like to avoid bloodshed. Please leave the premises of the ship immediately"

 

"Heh.... you speak like you're some bigshot but I bet you're just another weakling!!"

 

Taiga suddenly sprung up. He leaped above the incoming ship crew that was about to arrest him swung Dusk and Dawn down at Captain Grimwald.

 

"Hmph, amateur"

 

Captain Grimwald muttered as he pulled out his own sword out of nowhere. It was a slim sword and looked like pretty much ordinary. It hand knuckle guard and the bottom of the sword connected.

 

Such sword easy resists the two Swords Dusk and Dawn.

 

"What?!"

 

"A kid just swinging swords around. His Majesty would be very disappointment if he were to meet you"

 

"Captain Grimwald pushed back Taiga with ease. The suddenness of gravity pulling away caused Taiga to lose balance as he landed on the floor.

 

Taiga took stance and glared at Captain Grimwald.

 

"Just who are you?!"

 

"I should be asking you that"

 

Captain Grimwald ignored Taiga's question and charged at him. He thrust his sword at Taiga. Shoulder, arms, legs and thighs. Streak of multiple flashes showered down at Taiga without him being able to react quickly.

 

"Guagh!?"

 

Blood dripped down from the cuts he received from Captain Grimwald's sword.

 

Taiga jumps away and gained distance.

 

"Taiga-sama!"

 

Princess Aria calls out. The ship crew surrounding her.

 

"Just be quiet!"

 

Taiga irritatedly replied.

 

Just who is this guy?!— Taiga couldn't believed what he was seeing. In front of him was a guy that wasn't even wearing a shred of armor. That only thing he has was that flimsy sword in his hand.

 

Moreover, Taiga was high level himself. It should be him winning rather than the other way around.

 

"Then how about—!?"

 

Taiga attempted to use a magic spell. However, just like what happened to Princess Aria, his spell wouldn't activate.

 

Captain Grimwald noticed Taiga's expression and couldn't help but snicker.

 

"What's..... what is this?!"

 

"The magic furnace powering the ship sucks out the magic power of any individual around. It is a failed feature of the ship that has yet to be to fixed. Well, it was left out because it didn't pose any problem at all"

 

Captain Grimwald had already known every part of Mordred since he was given a manual about it. Though the detailed parts were left to engineers, he still had some bits of knowledge of every strength and weakness that Mordred has.

 

After being chased out from the home he and his family had near the sea at the south part of Travestin, Captain Grimwald was thankful that he was given the opportunity to ride a ship again.

 

Not as a fisherman however, but as a Captain of a battleship.

 

"So? Will you give up now? I'm afraid that you don't stand a chance against me or anyone on this ship"

 

"Shut up! Don't look down on me!!"

 

Unable to endure being looked down upon and treated as a weakling, Taiga tightened his grip on both swords and dashed towards Captain Grimwald.

 

"How foolish....."

 

Captain Grimwald muttered. Then as though his words was a signal, a Magic Iron Knight appeared in front of him.

 

*Giii—kan!!* A loud metallic clash echoed. Sparks flew as Taiga mercilessly swung his swords repeatedly. Pitifully, he looked like a wild animal.

 

Captain Grimwald took out his [Comms link] and contacted the people at the bridge.

 

"Have you contacted the commander yet?"

 

"[Yes sir! He is one his way as we speak!]"

 

It seems that his men acted more faster than he anticipated. Well, they were trained strictly after all. Even though the training itself wasn't really that professional.

 

"Good, then I'll finish up here then"

 

"[Understood sir. We'll inform the commander of the current situation]"

 

Captain Grimwald cut off the connection and stored back the [Comms Link] inside his pocket. Afterwards, he turned towards the battle ongoing while he was using [Comms Link].

 

Taiga was battling the Magic Iron Knight. Every time Taiga swings his sword, the Magic iron knight deflects it with its thick, hard arms. Then it would attack with lasers from it's fingers or just plainly swing it's thick arm.

 

The deck was covered with sooth marks and cuts. It would be hard to fix that later.

 

"Get out of my way!!"

 

*Twang!!* Taiga's attack was repelled once more by the Magic Iron Knight.

 

"That's enough playing around. Take him down and restrain him. The commander will be coming"

 

Captain Grimwald ordered the Magic Iron Knight. It then responded with circuit lines glowing over its head.

 

"You coward! Come at me yourself not your doll!!"

 

"Forgive me but, it doesn't need to be me to put you down"

 

The Magic Iron Knight points its fingers at Taiga, ignoring his taunting. It then shot metal nets and covered Taiga.

 

"Don't underestimate me! Something like this is—"

 

A blast of high volt of electricity suddenly burst and electrocuted Taiga from the inside of the net.

 

"AAABABABABABABABA!!!!!"

 

Apparently, Taiga wasn't resistant to pure electrifying electricity. A unmanly scream came out from Taiga's mouth. It didn't took a minute until he fell down on the deck, unconscious.

 

"Nooo!!! Taiga-sama!!"

 

"H-Hey! Don't kick around kid!! It's dangerous!!"

 

Inside the hold of one of the crewmen, Princess Aria calla out to Taiga with tears flowing from her eyes.

 

Captain Grimwald watched as his crew dragged Taiga inside the ship after restraining him with special chains.

 

"I guess the ones outside are about to finish"

 

In the dead of the night, Captain Grimwald looked over the foliage of trees with bright dots of light coming towards the ship. As he look down, the sound of sword clashes was already dying down.

 

 

 

 

———

There was one time when Taiga met a certain someone. It was around in middle school that he first met him.

 

"Try and jump on me again, I'll make sure you're dead next time"

 

His words were harsh and cruel. Even the fist bloody from punching the faces of Taiga's underlings, he was the very picture of violence.

 

His dark gleaming eyes were sharp and deadly, though he didn't looked menacing, there was that strange air around him that made Taiga feel scared for the first time.

 

"Oi rich kid. Stop waving your money around and come at me yourself next time. These thugs you hired are pretty much useless"

 

It was just any other common mugging by street thugs. The common occurrence where a guy accidentally messed with a big group thugs in the city.

 

It was supposed to be that kid that was beaten down to a pulp. However, the truth was far from reality.

 

It was Taiga who was laid down on the ground with a bloody nose.

 

Kyoushiro was looking down on him like he was like any other thug around the city.

 

"M-My father will get you for this!!"

 

"Then tell him to get in line then. I have other business to attend to"

 

Like a bigshot of the city, Kyoushiro didn't even cower down when Taiga told him about his father.

 

"My father's the mayor of this city! I'll make sure to—"

 

"I don't give a damn if he's the mayor or the prime minister himself. Next time you mess with my job again, beating you up would be the less of your worries"

 

Kyoushiro spat blood on the ground and picked up the fallen briefcase on the ground.

 

"Fucking thugs. My life isn't worth enough to sum everyone of you if I lost this thing"

 

Kyoushiro left Taiga and his thugs that day with broken bones and broken noses.

 

 

 

———

 

 

"It looks like you're awake, Taiga"

 

"Ugh......"

 

Inside a prison cell inside Mordred, Taiga slowly opened his eyes.

 

"Where....."

 

"You're inside a cage brat"

 

"What......?"

 

Slowly, Taiga understood where he was. Inside a prison cell where he was bound by chains on his neck, arms, legs and even his body; he was tied down inside a cage inside a prison cell.

 

Next to his cell were Daris, Clint and Leo. Then on his left was Princess Aria, Leticia, Fahnia and Deborah. Aside from Taiga and the guys the girls were just tied down by a rope.

 

Gaius and Kuro was standing outside. Of course, everyone one of Taiga's party member were stripped off of their armors and weapons. Kuro was glaring at Taiga while Gaius was showing a contemptuous expression.

 

"You!!"

 

The chains rattled as Taiga tried to stand up.

 

"Taiga, calm down"

 

"Bastard! How dare you tie me down like this!! I'm the hero, don't you know that?!!"

 

"A guy proclaiming that he is a hero is nothing more but a clown trying to call himself a king. Remember this; there is only one hero and that is the Black Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami"

 

"What did you say?!!"

 

"Kuro-dono, that's enough. I'll handle this myself"

 

"Hmph"

 

Mordred have yet to voyage. Since the engineers were busy extracting the raw materials inside the mountain and the Medical bay were being used by the people of the settlement, it was still early to return.

 

Kuro scoffed as Gaius looked at him with serious eyes.

 

"Taiga"

 

"Get me out of here! The king will seriously punish you if you keep in this place!!"

 

Taiga thrashed around in his restraints. Sadly, those chains were made with a special material which was used as armors for the Magic Iron Knights. It wouldn't do Taiga any good even if he pull or tear it off of his body.

 

Gaius sighed then stood up and moved to the other cell. There, he looked at a former subordinate of his and the youngest Princess of Travestin. Next to the two were three girls. One was the mage Fahnia, the cleric Corrina and the slave Deborah.

 

Aside from the three wearing rags, Leticia and Princess Aria were wearing proper clothing.

 

"Princess Aria"

 

"......."

 

"It is unfortunate we met at this sort of circumstances. But I need you to cooperate with me"

 

With slow and patient tone, Gaius spoke to Princess Aria. Unlike the girls with her, Princess Aria was 13 after all. She was still young even if she has the same education as her sister. She still immature sides and constantly makes naïve decisions.

 

It was easy to say that she was spurred by the hero who only had childish thoughts.

 

Gaius couldn't get angry with the Princess.

 

"Princess, I am sure you are aware of what Taiga did, are you not?"

 

"........."

 

"Aria-sama......"

 

However Princess Aria remained silent. She didn't even tried to look at Gaius at all. She merely closed her eyes and held Leticia's arm like a frightened child.

 

"King Captain"

 

"Lieutenant Leticia. It has been a while hasn't it? You left my unit after being posy as Princess Aria's personal guard. correct?"

 

"Yes sir. That's right"

 

Once, Leticia had been under Gaius's unit. She was one of the best knights there was and even considered making her the vice captain. Unfortunately, she chose to serve under Princess Aria as her guard when the princess left the castle.

 

"This is very unfortunate"

 

"Yes..... indeed it is"

 

Having no choice but to accept the outcome, Leticia smiles bitterly. Even though she chosed to stay as the Princess's knight, she didn't do anything to stop Taiga and his party to abuse their power.

 

In the end, even her body was used countless times even she found it sickening herself.

 

The proud knight who was once Gaius's prided diciple, was currently caged inside Mordred for attempting to steal the ship.....

 

 

5