Vol. 2 CH. 4 – The search… (2nd half)
412 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART #2

 

Walking through the grove of trees covered in filth, Kyoushiro breathed haggardly while holding onto his head with his right hand. Intense pain was scorching inside his skull as though he was burning. Droplets of sweat came down in rain drops from Kyoushiro's face down to his chin...

 

"Kh.... shut... up...."

 

"Kill them..." Where the words filling Kyoushiro's mind as he suffers from the curse on his left arm. 

 

The voice he hears was the one that he heard back in that mysterious old ruin. The maddening tone and its persuasive words was something like the devil's whisper, telling Kyoushiro nothing but to murder. 

 

"They are your enemies... kill them!!" The voice demands in a loud voice, causing more pain to be delivered to Kyoushiro. Feeling the grinding pain once more, Kyoushiro fell onto his knees as he held his head with both hands.

 

"AARGH......AAAAAAGHHHHHAAAA!!!!"

 

Kyoushiro howls in pain. 

 

"Murder them...."

 

"Shut...up....!!"

 

"Slaughter them..."

 

"Shut....argh!!! Up!!"

 

"Torture them...!!"

 

"I said....SHUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUP!!!!!"

 

As the fight between Kyoushiro and his curse was over, he fell on the ground like a puppet that got his strings cut. The insides of his head became quiet and the pain that was causing him to writhe in pain was gone. 

 

"Hah.....hah,,,,"

 

On the ground, Kyoushiro was breathing heavily. He had no strength to stand up so he as still sprawled on the ground, smeared with mud  on his face. It couldn't be helped. Because it was his own sweat and drool that made up the mud.

 

"Shit.... why the hell...."

 

Is it always me....- Kyoushiro cut off his words at that point and cursed fate for turning his life into a nightmare. Forcibly taking his parents in his childhood, taking away his freedom as a child, subjected to a never ending criticism and to make matters even worse, he was sent to another world with a curse and was persecuted as criminal. 

 

Now he was a king of a rubble rebuilt from the ash of a former nation, governing a mixed race nation filled with the rejects of the world. From an outsider's perspective, Kyoushiro's life had improved compared to before.

 

He defeated a Demon Lord and got recognized, he has a wife and a child, someone in his class being in love with him and a failure of Queen too obsessed with him. Compared to his life from back then on earth to his life up until now, his life has changed for the better.

 

But it was still always the same....

 

"........."

 

The woman that bears his child was a faker. The child she has was not his... The rulers of other nations saw him as a convenient tool maker for the perfect world dominating weapon, the heroes sees him as criminal and world around him was treating him like trash.

 

It was the same wherever he went. Kyoushiro was rejected, tricked and used.....

 

That's why....

 

"No!! This is.... it isn't what i'm...!?"

 

Scenes began to appear in his mind as though a recorded tape playing. The face of Lucinda as blank, leaving only a wicked smile while saying "I love you...". The scene changed and the scene where he was being persecuted appeared. The eyes of condemnation, the words of disgust, hate and anger was thrown at him. His prized possessions stolen, his personal things torn and destroyed... Every people in that scene was pointing their fingers at Kyoushiro while laughing, shunning his existence and berating him for his crimes...

 

"I.... didn't do anything...."

 

Saying those words, Kyoushiro crumbled once more. But despite him having lost the strength to stand up, the scenes continue...

 

This time, the scene was inside the torture room. The days passing he had been rarely fed, rarely given any water and the countless beatings and healing to keep him alive had drove Kyoushiro into madness. His screams in pain, his insane laughter and his bellowing cries for help were unheard.

 

No one saved him... The soldiers kept on torturing him with smiles on their faces....

 

"Stop it....."

 

The scenes change once more and the days he worked to rebuilt Aurolius played back. Constantly fighting monsters, getting injured almost everyday, people with the same situation as him watching him get hurt while laughing. 

 

"No...."

 

The scene changed once more and the faces of the beings inside the throne where the golden king once sat appeared before his face. Their sorrowful expressions, their fake smiles, their insane laughter, their greedy and slothful lives, their empty soulless eyes, their very screams of pain gave Kyoushiro a nightmare he would never forget...

 

"Please...No...more...I..."

 

The hand which the world had cursed him was slowly killing him and the left hand that wishes to save him transmuted a stone knife from the earth beneath him. 

 

It was enough. There was already no used in staying alive....

 

It was better to be dead than suffering alive....

 

"Kyaaaaaa!! Someone help!!!"

 

"!?"

 

As someone's cry for help reached Kyoushiro's ears, the negative thoughts filling his mind dispersed as though nothing happened. Kyoushiro quickly threw away the knife that he was holding next to his throat and ran directly to where scream came from.

 

Disregarding his own safety for others, Kyoushiro should know himself well that this was something that he won't do in his life. Because he was never a hero. But still, he had the means to help so Kyoushiro chooses to help someone.

 

Kyoushiro's mind was filled with conflicting thoughts....

 

"This isn't the time for crying damn it!!'

 

Kyoushiro punched himself hard on the face as he passed through the shrubs and the trees blocking his way....

 
 

-

 
 

"Help!! Somebody!!"

 

"Mama!!"

 

"No one's gonna help ya!! HIAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

 

In some hidden parts of the forest, there was group of men dressed in high quality leather armor surrounding a pair of mother and daughter. The mother was being forced to strip by tearing off her clothes. The daughter was being held down by a foot of one of the men dressed in high quality leather armor, making her watch her mother getting played.

 

"Some-buuhm!?"

 

"Hahahaha!! Finally shut up ya old cunt!! I guess my thing is too big fer ya mouth ei!?"

 

HAHAHAHAHA!!- The men laughed in unison as the man holding the mother shoved his thing into her mouth. The mother, who was choking on it was crying and struggling to spit out the thing in her mouth. But the man moved his hips and forced the mother to quiet down.

 

"U-vhuumm...UEEh....hack..."

 

"Hey now, don't start dying on us now, we still have a lot for you get on ya know!?"

 

"NO!! S-Stop this plea- AAAAAAAHGHGHHHAAA!!?"

 

"Mama!! No!! Stop!!'

 

"Don't worry kid, you're next!!"

 

"Kyaaa!!"

 

The men were starting to get on with their fun. The mother being ganged upon by tens of men while the poor child was being toyed by a large man with no hair and disgusting odor reeking from his body.

 

The child was screaming for help but the man pushed the young girl down with his large arm and covered her mouth with his large hand. 

 

"MMMMMMMMPPPMMM!!!"

 

"Hhahahah!! Struggle all ya want but don't thi-"

 

*Splat* The sound of meat getting crushed by a large object resounded and silent the rough breathing men. Red mushes of crushed up flesh and bones spew out and flew all around, sticking to the trees and bushes. A fountain of blood erupted from the crushed cranium of the large man sitting on top of the young girl...

 

"Bunch of disgusting rapists...."

 

Appearing between the trees, Kyoushiro held up a large bludgeon made from earth with blood stains all over it and some skin and flesh sticking to it. The corpse of the large man flew over to the guys that was ganging up on the mother of the young girl. The men that frozed from what they were doing were crushed by the weight of the large man....

 

"Just wh-"

 

"Shut up"

 

Kyoushiro crushed another man's head with his bludgeon...

 

"Hii!! S-Sav-"

 

"Shut up..." Another man flew through the trees with his body bent in odd angles all over, crushing over to the trees and eventually dying. Another one tried to run but due to his pants around his knees, he was unable to run and tripped on the ground.

 

*Splat!!* Body parts flew due to the force made by the large bludgeon that Kyoushiro was swinging with a single hand. Blood splattered over his face as well...

 

"R-Run!!"

 

"I-It's a Demon!!'

 

"I don't want to die!!"

 

One by one the men ran like flies. Scattering around, fleeing the giant swatter that was heading their way. But they were too slow, Kyoushiro was using <Magic Infusion> to further increase his speed and strength. He reached the first one who tried to get a hold of a weapon and crushed him over his head down to his feet.

 

Kyoushiro then kicked the ground and jumped on a tree before tossing his large and heavy bludgeon the a man that was about to escape.

 

"Gua-" The man's voice leaked out but air escaped from his lungs as the bludgeon crushed his torso down to his spine. His ribs flew out and the remains of what he ate stained the muddy ground.

 

"No..No please!!"

 

"Shut up" 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!" That was the last scream ever to echoed inside the forest. The only thing that remained was a land painted red.....

 
 

-

 
 

I woke up from a dream... My mind became clear the moment I saw blood all over the place. It wasn't blood that came from a monster, it wad red and putrid. Limbs and internal organs were scattered around at my feet.

 

It wasn't mine... I was still alive....

 

"Ah....right, I killed them...."

 

That's right I remember now. After getting lost from the forest after getting tossed by trash by the people of Caladium, I left the town and made my way through the forest. But my head suddenly got struck by an headache. Voices began to resounded inside and kept saying to kill and kill and kill....

 

I took off my coat and looked at the curse mark on my right arm. From my shoulder to my wrist, the tendrils like markings were covering most of my arm. Just like before... No, the curse was already progressing again and the voice I heard earlier was from the curse mark...

 

I see... so it was eating me again.... how typical...

 

Looking around me, I saw a naked woman and her daughter (probably). Their clothes were torn apart and their bodies were covered in blood. I checked to see if they were dead or not but it seems that they just lost consciousness. I sighed in relief...

 

"Haaah... but how the hell should I carry these two?"

 

On top of being naked, they were one of those beautified elves. The woman was indeed an elf with her long ears and trademark blonde hair and crazy voluptuous body. What the hell is with this insane world.... making a race that is near perfect in appearance...

 

The woman was violated already and is unconscious. The little girl was sleeping too but compared to the blonde mother, the girl has pure black hair. Her clothes was torn but there was enough to cover certain parts of her body. I was saved from being called a pervert so I gave her my coat instead. I took out a blanket from my magic necklace and cover the mother.

 

The two had already been settled but the puddle of blood, crushed bodies and scattered limbs and internal organs were something that monsters like. They'll be attracted to the smell surely so I need to get these two out of here.

 

Thinking so, I used <Transmutation> to make a cart and placed the two there. I left the pool of blood as it is and set up traps all over before somewhere near a river. Some place with water is what I need since I don't even have <Water Manipulation> skill yet. I have both earth and wind manipulation skill but their out of the realms of making water.

 

For now, I followed the sound where water is flowing....

 

-

 

A while later, I found a suitable place to camp. There was lake nearby so I was able to catch some fish. I already cleaned up the mother and child so there were no bugs flying over them. I also made the tent bigger than it was usually so that the two can fit in perfectly. 

 

Now that the campfire was roasting my catch, I sat by the log I cut up and threw some twigs in the fire....

 

"U-uuuuuhhh....huh? ah....where...?"

 

But before I could even reach out to my dinner the woman woke up. I saw her blinking a few times before touching her body all over. Probably worried why there was a blanket over her, she looked around the place finding me sitting by the fire.

 

Ughh....No good, those things were bigger than Lucin- agh.... The Lovers ring flared up...

 

"Y-You are...."

 

"Don't worry I came just in time before your girl got...."

 

"L-Luna! Where is...."

 

"She's next to you"

 

I pointed the small girl sleeping next to her, I smiled as I saw that the little girl was quietly sleeping. Seeing as her daughter was with her, the woman sighed in relief. I quickly tossed one of my shirts to her for temporary measures. Those things were dangerous after all...

 

"You saved us....thank you"

 

"For a woman who got raped, you seemed calm. I thought someone who experienced something like that would scream when they woke up"

 

Practically in my world, those kinds of women are usually broken inside rather than outside so I thought it was the same in this one. But looks like I was wrong. The woman was smiling wryly at me like nothing even happened to her.

 

"I thought.... it was all a dream..."

 

"I see...."

 

I don't want to pry on her situation but in this kind of place, it was weird just why she was walking around like that with her daughter. I heard that there were many bandits in this forest but.... No, there is still that princess that we need to find so accidentally meeting those guys were a life saver.

 

Though it would have been good if they were alive...

 

"Umm... May I please know your name? To properly thank you at least"

 

"I don't mind giving my name but aren't you going to runaway?"

 

"Eh? W-Why would I?"

 

Looks like this woman has bad eyes. Can't she see the black hair and eyes? I pointed those out so that it would be obvious for her... But...

 

"Ah... I see, so you are a Demon-Spawn"

 

She took it calmly and rather than hating it, she was looking at me as if remembering something.

 

"Not much of a hater or are you just an idiot?"

 

"N-No... I am.... My husband was..."

 

Ah.... so it was that huh? That explains the color of the girls hair....

The daughter was born out from a normal elf and a Demon-Spawn elf. Just from how the daughter looked like, it seems that they were either caught in some trouble or they were kidnapped while running away.

Caladium is a place where those dyed with the color black is hated. Even in some parts of the world, its the same but for some reason, the elves had a deep seething hate for Demon-Spawns.

Tch... This world is just as messed up as it was before....

"Ummm...."

"Oh right, my name... It's Kyoushiro Kagami..."

"Yoshiro?"

"Kyoushiro... It's Kyoushiro"

Are the characters of my name that difficult to say? Well, it is from a language of some other world so I get how she feels. It's confusing to hear a name if it's the first time you've heard of it.

I threw more dried branches and leaves into the fire...

"So? What about you guys?"

"I-I am... Edsel Rose and this is my daughter Dahlia"

Rose... Elven surname are all connected to flowers or trees huh? Is it because they are very close to nature like how they were in storybooks? 

Hmmm.... Now I'm curious as to what kind names does dwarves has... Probably connected to earth and minerals or are they named Irish like or viking like?

Earth has many stories regarding dwarves but the ones here are probably different. I'm not sure since I wasn't that much of a fan of fairy tales...

Anyways, after hearing Edsel's and Dahlia's name, I stood up and gave Edsel some water. One roasted trout or salmon? It's hard to tell which was which but either way, I gave one to Edsel. She accepted the fish gratefully and thanked me for it...

"Thank you very much, Kyou..."

"Just call me Kyou if it's hard to say my name. Anyway why were you guys in this forest in the first place?"

As soon as I asked that, Edsel's face went dark. But the next words she said was even more darker...

I might have gotten myself into something that I won't be able to sleep from...

Just how it was for my curse, the life Edsel had gone through was horrible...

6