Vol. 2 CH. 5 – The Shadow King (2nd Half)
438 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART# 2

 

Morning came and the sun shined through the foliage of the forest, lighting up the dark forest. The light created by the campfire had ceased and the mother and child, Edsel Rose and Dahlia Rose, were still slumbering inside their tent.

 

Kyoushiro was already awake. He took out his preferred gear from the inside of his magic necklace and put them on. Black colored blazer enchanted with the <Physical Damage Null> and <Magic Damage Null>. He wore a dark grey pant equipped with pads in order to protect his joints. His black iron sole boot was enchanted with <Speed Boost> and <Air walk> and the dark overcoat he wore covered the long iron sword on his waist.

 

Each of Kyoushiro’s equipment was enchanted to the point that it could even be said that they were armaments of heroes. Because of their high grade in quality and performance, it was even enough to protect himself a dragon’s breathe.

 

Having no class whatsoever gave Kyoushiro so many skills that had given him an advantage against the other heroes. Also, at this point, Kyoushiro was already someone that could not be killed by any means. Be it physical or magical attacks, his equipment would save him from death.

 

Kyoushiro had basically cheated his own curse for not being able to gain any combat skills; so much for the effects of the [Cursed Arm of Hastur].

 

“Now then….”

 

Kyoushiro broke a branch from a tree and held it in his hands. Then, he focuses on it and begun to transform it into a magic item using his skills one after the other…

 

“<Magic Infusion>, <Transmutation>, <Mineral Processing>, <Metal Forging>”

 

Kyoushiro first infused the branch with magic power before using <Transmutation> to change its composition. Afterwards, Kyoushiro used <Mineral Processing> to process the transmuted branch into a material for his magic item. Then lastly, he used <Metal Forging> in order to solidify the item.

 

“Alright…. <Enchant>”

 

Kyoushiro stacked the enchantments stuck in his mind. [Recognition Obstruction], [Illusion] and [Hypnotism]; one by one, the enchantments stacked inside the eye-glass frame that Kyoushiro created from a wooden branch.

 

A square frame eye-glass that has no glass but has the ability to fool those who would look at him, the glass has effect of making the seer see him as a grey haired young man with red eyes rather than a young man with black hair and eyes.

 

Kyoushiro wore the glassless framed eye-glass and checked whether his appearance changed. He then went to the river nearby and gazed at his on reflection. Seeing that what he expected was shown, Kyoushiro nodded his head, feeling satisfied with his own creation.

 

A rare smug appeared on Kyoushiro’s face…

 

“With this I could get into town and get myself an adventurer guild card. I don’t have any means of identification after all”

 

Why didn’t I think of this before?” Kyoushiro thought to himself as he remembered the occasions where he could have made some magic glasses to make him look like a different person.  In the end, Kyoushiro berated himself for his own stupidity.

 

Keeping such thoughts to himself, Kyoushiro took the opportunity to appraise his self. It has been a whole while since he done so considering how much busy he was in the past. Kyoushiro sighed then used <Appraisal> on himself.

 

Kyoushiro Kagami [Cursed]

17 yrs. old

Male

Job class: - - - - -   

Level: 90

 

STR: 75

AGI: 70

DEF: 70

MAG: 150

RES: 60

 

 

Skills: Language Acquisition, Appraisal, Transmutation, Metal Forging, Mineral Processing, Magic Infusion, Magic Manipulation, Magic Seer, Enchant, Earth Manipulation, Soil reforming, Soil conversion, Wind Manipulation, Boost, Increase Strength, Mental resist, Magic Boost, Golem Creation, Alchemy, Synthesis, Potion Craft, Forging, Crafting, Magic Conversion, Electricity Manipulation, Construction Craft, Blueprint Creation, Blueprint Machination, Gravity resistance, Regeneration(Slow).

 

 

[Curse]

{Cursed arm of Hastur}

Disable's the person's potential growth.

Effects: Power down, Magic down, Fighting skill acquisition prevention, Mind devour, Magic resist down.

 

-Cannot be purified by any holy means-

 

“Uwaah… My skills are all jumbled up from different classes… Having no Job class at all makes me gain different kinds of skills but there are still no combat related skills… just what the hell is my role in this world…”

 

Kyoushiro had no Job class from the start. Normally, such thing doesn’t exist and many had a job class from the start or so the books that Kyoushiro read said so. There were no people having no Job class at all in this world.

 

Just that, Kyoushiro gained numerous skills that aren’t likely related to any skills. He gained production skills like crafting skills and he gained magic manipulation skills like Wind and Earth Manipulation skills. That was the reason why Kyoushiro was able to create numerous advance machineries in Ambrosia.

 

If anything, people would call this a “Blessing in disguise” but for Kyoushiro who was suffering under a powerful curse that doesn’t let him get any combat skills and doesn’t let get higher attribute values, this was nothing but a problem.

 

Even if Kyoushiro were to create world ending devices in this world, it won’t be enough to defeat Taiga, who was reigning as this world’s hero.

 

Speaking of which…

 

“I haven’t gotten in touch with Lucinda for a while now. Even though she normally contacts me regularly, now it’s been really quiet…”

 

I wonder what’s wrong….” Kyoushiro has yet to receive a regular call from Lucinda. It has been a habit of hers to contact Kyoushiro every day before and after daylight. Getting no calls from her made Kyoushiro feel anxious and can’t help but be worried.

 

Of course, Kyoushiro already told Lucinda about the extended trip before they even landed but it has been a while since then.

 

Kyoushiro was getting a bad feeling.

 

“Damn it… If only my magic power is enough… I would be the one that contacts her”

 

Having low magic power, Kyoushiro could barely even send a telepathic message to Lucinda. The magic earrings and rings which help him contact Lucinda could only reach the other side if the person sending the message has enough magic power.

 

Kyoushiro’s magic power was lo due to the curse in his right hand, making him unable to contact Lucinda at all.

 

In the end, it was the curse’s fault.

 

“Tsk, I’ll do something about this later and go back to Ambrosia as fast as I can. I’m already worried since I’m not there to protect it”

 

Kyoushiro’s face cramped as he felt useless due to his curse preventing his growth. His plan to visit an Adventurer guild was to test if he could get a job class there. His curse might be preventing him from growing but it didn’t say he couldn’t get a Job Class.

 

Furthermore, a guild card could be used as an ID in this world so even if he doesn’t do any request, he’ll be able to enter towns or cities if he wished to. As for his old card, he lost it somehow. For some odd reason, he couldn’t find his old Status card at all. In the end, he couldn’t use any form of identification. His <Appraisal> skill was useful but it can’t make him display his status to other people.

 

“Nnn… Papa?”

 

Just then, Dahlia woke up. Probably seeing a dream just now, she saw Kyoushiro and called him “Papa” which due to his black hair and eyes showing after unconsciously removing the magic glasses.

 

Edsel woke up after Dahlia and saw Kyoushiro wearing a frown on his face as he received a long stare from Dahlia. Edsel looked to and from the two, who have been quiet until now and let out a faint smile. Kyoushiro sighed and wore back the magic glasses.

 

Seeing that, Dahlia went “Ah…” with her arms outstretched, trying to reach out to something. It seems that she thought as Kyoushiro as her father just now.

 

“Lia-chan, that isn’t papa. He saved us from those bad guys”

 

“Eh? But… Lia is… papa has the same black hair as papa….”

 

“Lia-chan…”

 

Edsel embraced her daughter, who was about to cry, and held her tight. Kyoushiro fixed his appearance and prepared breakfast for the two before taking care of the tent that was just used. For the time being, Kyoushiro stayed quiet in order to not have any other misunderstandings that would create any instances that would end up catering someone else’s affections.

 

After all, Kyoushiro bowed to himself that he won’t get himself involve with any other women besides the three girls in his life.

 

Just that for some reason, Kyoushiro was having a bad feeling in his heart.

4