Vol. 2 CH. 6- The true pain of reality (2nd Half)
365 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART #2

 

The sun’s light shined through the thin curtains of the dusted and unkempt room which only had one bed and a table inside. The mother of Dahlia Rose, Edsel Rose, a female elf former royal adviser of Queen Elfianna of the kingdom Paracellumn slept soundly beside her black haired daughter.

 

The two who met an unfortunate event with a group of bandits were saved by Kyoushiro, who had been under the corruption of his curse that time, had be bathed and dressed by Kyoushiro and have been brought to a proper place to take a rest.

 

A day had passed since that incident and right now, the three had stayed in a rundown pub. Its state was rather questionable as a living environment when Kyoushiro had first entered it yesterday. Rats had made a house out of the bed and the walls and roof had large holes peeking through them.

 

Thanks to Kyoushiro’s magnificent display of his skills, the room had transformed into a more proper room where one could rest as much as they would please.

 

“Now then, let’s get breakfast downstairs”

 

Kyoushiro was already awake. Having to have slept on an uncomfortable floor where he was not used to due to his stay in his own room back in Ambrosia, his back had felt slight hurt. Kyoushiro let Edsel and Dahlia used the bed because there was only one.

 

It wasn’t because Dahlia was insisting to sleep with her “Father” that Kyoushiro ended up sleeping next to the wall just a foot away from the bed. It wasn’t because of that, it wasn’t…

 

With the appearance of a red eyed, grey-haired young man that wore deep black clothing, Kyoushiro went out of the room and went down in the pub downstairs. The scent of ale drifting around and the stench of smoke coming from the cigars of the burly men seated inside the pub entered Kyoushiro’s nostrils, making him winced due to not being used to such smells.

 

In their world, particularly in their country, those below 18 or 20 years old were not allowed to drink or smoke. Government officials had advocated the health of the younger generations for the sake of improving the future of their country. Because of that, there were hardly enough students smoking or drinking in public. However it couldn’t be said the same for private places such as homes and public cubicle.

 

Kyoushiro himself had been curious once and tried to smoke only to end up having a coughing fit afterwards and drunken alcohol then ending up waking up in some place he hardly recognizes.

 

In other words, Kyoushiro avoid having him himself immersed in such things like smoking and drinking due to some unpleasant experience.

 

Ahh… I hate these types of guys” Kyoushiro’s face frowned as he heard and saw the loud group of burly men in one corner, drinking so early in the day. They were the type of men that would either ends up drunk all day and not work or sleeps through the entire afternoon then work late at night.

 

Seeing the minimal equipment of the men drinking merrily and being so loud in the morning, Kyoushiro concluded that they were of the former rather than the latter; even their weapons were crudely comprised of wrought iron swords and daggers.

 

They were equipment meant only for low-level monsters.

 

“Morning mister, want something to drink or breakfast first?”

 

“Give me something to eat and make some for the two upstairs. They’ll be hungry once they woke up”

 

Kyoushiro didn’t mind the loud men anymore and sat at the chair by the counter. The bartender there asked Kyoushiro whether he would drink or eat first since it was obvious on Kyoushiro’s face that he was tired as well.

 

The bartender nodded while muttering “Well, with a woman like that even I would be tired” before going to the kitchen behind the bar.

 

Kyoushiro then strained his ear in order to get some information from the people inside the pub…

 

“Ugh… there’s no work around here like always”

 

“Look, even now there are rumors going around that a hero took down a demon lord on the wasteland!! You’ve got to believe me!!”

 

“Eh? Like a hero is good enough for a Demon Lord, even that hero…what was his name? Tiger…? Well, whatever it was, that guy has been going in and out of the first Demon Lord’s domain. And every time he goes back to Travestin, he would end up getting injured! That guy hasn’t even killed a Demon General, so what’s the point in believing that the other heroes were good enough to face a Demon Lord in the wasteland?”

 

It seems that there had been rumors floating around due to Kyoushiro and the other’s achievement back in Ambrosia. The fight against the 9th Demon Lord had been spread quite widely thanks to the elves that went home just the other day.

 

Furthermore, it seems that Taiga Kurosawa was still having difficulties in subjugating a Demon Lord. Kyoushiro let out a short “HA-HA-HA” chuckle as he imagine the grief stricken face of Taiga as he wallow in self-contempt due to his own incompetence.

 

Kyoushiro already know this news thanks to Lucinda for reporting to him almost every day back then. But having to hear it from the mouths of the very citizens of this world, Kyoushiro couldn’t hold back his laughter.

 

Well, suck to be him right now” Kyoushiro thought so as he showed a grin on his face.

 

Kyoushiro continued to eavesdrop- listen to the conversation of the two men behind him.

 

“Oh right, it looks like the Black hero came to Caladium the other day. A bunch of elf merchants says that that hero came with the other heroes as well”

 

“Ah… that cute little Hero Healer right? Yeah, that girl was a cute one”

 

“That isn’t what I’m talking about you pervert… I’m talking about the infamous Black Hero, the killer of heroes”

 

“Oh right the Black… Hey!! I am a not pervert you goddamn fish-face!! That girl is cute because she was small!!” Says the man as he just realized he was branded as pervert by his friend due to admiring the cuteness of Minami Todoroki, the Healer in the 17 heroes.

 

People that overheard the two laughed. Seeing that he became a public clown just now, he punched his friend in the face, only to get kicked down in the shin. The sounds of table breaking and bottles shattering clattered loudly behind Kyoushiro…

 

It seems that the conversation of the two ended up in a fight…

 

 

-

 

Once the commotion had died down due to the owner going out and beating the crap out of the two strangers, the pub regained its peace and quiet. Kyoushiro had already finished his breakfast when he overheard a certain conversation from some group of men that had just entered.

 

“Seems like the boss managed to break the princess. After this it’ll be a walk in the when takeover that elf city”

 

“Yeah… well, if we could only got in on that princess… damn, I’m really jealous of our boss right now”

 

The group of men sat right across Kyoushiro, just near the staircase that leads to the second floor. Overhearing an interesting conversation, Kyoushiro’s perked up. It seems as though that this group of men just came here to drink. Hearing complaints from them about their boss made it perfectly clear about Kyoushiro’s conjecture.

 

“Well, sucks to be us. I heard that the princess we got was the next in line for the throne or something. If the boss gets into that little girl’s mind then it would be smooth sailing for us taking over an elf nation”

 

“Hey, this isn’t the place to talk about that. Well, if I were to choose, I’d be great to at least get to taste that princess’s body. I mean, that girl has already got used to being ganged on by fifty men a day so, at least let us in on it right?”

 

“You’re drunk already shit-face!! Weren’t you saying that this isn’t the place to talk about those things?”

 

“Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha Well, I don’t care anymore!! Damn the booze in this place really packs the punch!!”

 

“You can say that again!! Dahahahaha!!”

 

As the drunkards begun their drinking party, loud noise came from everywhere as customers began to storm in. The numbers of tables vacant were immediately occupied and the seats around the counter began to be filled with customers as well.

 

Kyoushiro’s space began to fill with people ordering beers and a meal all over the place. Seeing that there was no used in staying on the same seat after finishing his breakfast, Kyoushiro took the plates with soup and bread prepared on them and carried it away towards the stairs.

 

However, a small creature had jumped on Kyoushiro’s chest as he was about to climb up the stairs with a tray of food in his hands.

 

The impact made by the small creature made Kyoushiro’s body go “>” and fell down on the floor. The tray that he carried managed to stay put on the tray and safely avoided a disaster.

 

“D-Damn… what was-“

 

“Papa! Good morning!!”

 

With a beaming smile and added ounce of innocence, Dahlia had come down flying the stairs, slamming down on Kyoushiro’s chest like a huge chunk of rock. It was thanks to Kyoushiro’s equipment that he was unable to take any damage from that.

 

“L-Lia-chan! I told you to wait right!! That was very dangerous young lady!!”

 

Then came after was a gorgeous elf woman, looking so worried about the dangerous actions of her daughter, came down the stairs and scolded the daughter that sat on top of Kyoushiro’s chest. Watching the woman with baggy clothes come down the stairs that greatly shook her unsupported mountain like chests, the eyes of the customers inside the pub gathered around Kyoushiro.

 

Edsel immediately took Dahlia from Kyoushiro and carried her in her arms. But the moment she did so, the hood covering Dahlia’s head came off; exposing her deep black hair and eyes to the onlookers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(You can just ignore this if you like ??)

Ah... to those that continues to read my story, [The Cursed Black Hero], thank you.  Although the pace of updating is slow due to me sorting out my problems that came out one after the other, it's really good to see that some are still reading the story as it is.

 

As those have noticed, the content of the story has many problems. The first chapters particularly needs an editor to fix the misspelling and the how the story is progressing. As some may have known(or may not) the MC's personality is questionable. Its not the type of questionable where he do things to the extreme that he gets branded as a monster but.... No, that's ho he'll progress in the story... What I mean to say is that he shows sides of him getting easily trusting to others and  being nice to them (refer to V1 CH. 16) then suddenly goes to hate and kill mode.

 

Honestly, the MC's structure isn't solid. His foundation is base on a person's perspective on the world around him. How the other world see his dark colored hair and eyes as something heretic, how he was treated in his world and the other then how he was suddenly got into  situation where had to risk his life but just get blamed for no reason.

 

Kyoushiro Kagami is a character that doesn't relies on others point of views and sticks to his own conclusion. He hates the relatives for taking things from him and he hates the other world for treating him horribly. Because of that, he seeks revenge in both worlds. But due to him growing up in a harsh environment, he doesn't know how to interact with people. He hates them and tries to be manipulative but ending up caring for them like an owner to his pet. His feelings were shallow to the point that he ends up getting swept up by the flow then suddenly reflecting on it when he realizes it. This side of him is what confuses everyone the most but it is part of the story. Unless he chooses whether to become a hero or a villain, he on't be able to grow. 

 

The curse he has prevents him from growing strong and due to this, he can't move on whether he would be good or bad.  Curses are meant to be shackles to bring down the hero. There are no curses that gives power; every curses hurts and kills. That is why the MC relies on the [Elder-God-Blade] that he made himself despite the demerit of his curse progressing even further and corrupts his mind. In all realities, curses were made to hurt people. But they are made to make people realize their own mistakes. Curses are not good, I know that for myself hahaha....  that's why, even if the MC has a curse, he needs to resolve it himself.

 

The point is... the reason why the MC is somewhat bias, is because it is connected to the people around him. It affects everything that is connected to him as a single person. His intentions of using others are for his own good and for the good of others. Him using Arianne for his steady supply of materials and using Lucinda to get information on all heroes have the same meaning....

 

I'll this here for now but if there in need of answers then please message me here. I'll try my best to answer them and if I can, i'll make it even more better for the people the would read my stories... 

 

This has been a great talk, thank you for listening to my useless ramblings and sorry for being so condescending.

 

Vain_1997 

3