Vol. 2 CH. 8 – The 4 Honest Generals… (2nd half)
390 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART # 2

 

Back in Ambrosia, there was a time where Kyoushiro had to fight monsters without using any skill. Because of his curse, he couldn’t level up quickly and he can’t gain any skill that could help him in combat. Kyoushiro couldn’t use any sort of high level spells as he has only a meager amount of mana inside of him.

 

Because of that, Kyoushiro’s chances of victory during a battle were slim that it could be considered as a miracle that he was still alive.

 

Fighting monsters that could spew out flames shoot out spikes, spit out acid or poison, use the wind to form some sort of sight and many more. Kyoushiro fought using the strength of a human and not some hero like Taiga and the others.

 

A technique that was only available to him….

 

“No-skill Sword style 1st technique <Fragmented mirror slash>”

 

*GRAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!”

 

Just like an instant where a glass shatters, several strokes of slashes shredded Bulsvek’s arms. Because of that, Bulsvek retreated a few steps back and regenerated its arms on its back. The unbelievable sounds of bones creaking and flesh meshing, made Kyoushiro cringed all over, after all that was disgusting.

 

However, Kyoushiro dumped the idea of turning back and taking Edsel and Dahlia away, he pursued Bulsvek by taking two steps forward before unleashing another stroke of slashes. It was the second sword play of the No-Skill Sword technique…

 

“<Refracting blade>”

 

Kyoushiro’s cut through Bulsvek body like butter, severing him in half in just one stroke. Just like how light is refracted in water, Bulsvek’s body was cut in half. But despite such severe damaged dealt to his body, Bulsvek pushed his body together to stick both half once more with each other.

 

Kyoushiro immediately took a step back upon seeing such reaction from Bulsvek’s severed body. It seems that a normal cut won’t kill him.

 

Bulsvek spoke pained due to the damaged that he felt just now. With tear stained eyes, he faced Kyoushiro with a sad face as though implying mercy from his opponent.

 

“That hurt you sick bastard!! What would you do if I died?!”

 

“That was the point. You dying dumbass”

 

Kyoushiro replied uninterested with Bulsvek’s words. As he was the enemy, there was no reason to not kill him at all. Kyoushiro already got what he needed from the guys he interrogated before so there was no use for Bulsvek anymore. If anything, he being someone <Appraisal> skill couldn’t read was a threat. That was why Kyoushiro immediately thought of Bulsvek that needed to be put down no questions asked.

 

Although for a monster, Bulsvek was showing so many human expressions and emotions.

 

“You’re really cruel, you know that?! You already killed my wives and my brothers AND my children!! Why do you want to kill me too?!”

 

Bulsvek yelled with tears, snot and other sort of liquids squirting out of his body. Kyoushiro was totally grossed out seeing such grown man cry; more so, one with nothing on him to cover his body and a chuck full arms sticking out from his back.

 

That was truly out of the ordinary.

 

“We were just having fun and you flooded my lair!! I was this close to watch my 450th child’s birth!!”

 

“Uwaa… That’s a number only roaches could reach. And for what it’s worth, I don’t give a damn”

 

Kyoushiro pointed the tip of his sword at Bulsvek’s neck as he was taking a stance. Bulsvek however, merely stood there crying over the death of his family.

 

“You killed them… my family… you killed them….”

 

“Like I said, I don’t care. Anyways, before I kill you, I want to know where the other Generals like you are hiding. I don’t plan on searching for empty bases without getting information about Ernest Vern so do you know where he is too?”

 

“You killed them… you… huh? The others? They are at their own bases. There are only four of us so it’ll be easy to just go to each and every base. As for the Commander, he is at his usual fortress”

 

Amazingly, Bulsvek was honest. Kyoushiro hadn’t expected that but Bulsvek didn’t answer Kyoushiro’s question. In turn, Kyoushiro heaved a sigh and lowered his sword for a moment.

 

“Hey, can I ask one thing?”

 

“Huh? Oh sure, fire away”

 

“Looks like you were former human. In details with the drug you guys ingested, those arms on your back… Are those possibly...”

 

“These? Yeah…. They are my wives. One was a human, an elf, a dark elf, a demi-human, a goblin, a kobold, a wolf and… what were they again? Uh… huh? You!! You killed my family!!”

 

As Bulsvek was counting his wives by fingers and reciting their races on specie, Bulsvek was slowly reverting back to what he was earlier. It seems that the powdered scales of the 6th Demon Lord had side effects on a person’s brain. It was definitely narcotic, hallucinogen, and a sort of anti-depressant and also an aphrodisiac.

 

Kyoushiro wasn’t an expert in modern medicine but Kyoushiro had witnessed firsthand when a person gets hit by the side effects of the drugs they ingested.

 

Bulsvek was suffering from the draw back. Furthermore, each and every woman he had mated with had died and fused with him. If the effects of the powder were added to effects of each and every drug, then by now, Bulsvek was no longer sane.

 

Probably by now, Bulsvek’s mind has been resetting, forgetting parts of his memories and his self. Kyoushiro had seen a person consumed by the effects of a narcotic drug so he was sure that even Bulsvek won’t be able to survive the effects of the 6th Demon Lord’s scales.

 

However, this was a different world with different rules. Beings heightened and boosted by drugs has huge leaps of attribute values in their statutes. Regardless of damage, as long as there was someone that could make the counter-acting drug, then the person would be fine.

 

Even high level healing spells could nullify the effects of powerful drugs or even cure someone from a fatal disease or disorder.

 

That’s why, Bulsvek was no longer human. Kyoushiro concluded so and chose to destroy Bulsvek with everything in his power.

 

“Is that so… Well, I’ll kill you like I killed your family. That way, you’ll at least die as a human”

 

Kyoushiro once again raised his sword. He kicked the ground with all that he had and charged Bulsvek with the intent to kill. Even if severing his head or piercing through his heart won’t kill him, Bulsvek won’t be able to regenerate if he was in pieces.

 

Kyoushiro landed a few centimeters in front of Bulsvek, preparing to draw his sword. Then, using the full force of his body, his adrenaline rush gushed forth and fueled his body with pure human strength. Coupled with the effects of his weapons, clothes and accessories, his attack was able to cut through Bulsvek thick flesh.

 

No-Skill Sword style 4thplay….

 

“<Mirrored reflection- [Reflecting Sword]>

 

Within a single second, Kyoushiro’s slashes reflected one another as though mirrors had surrounded him and showed multiple reflections at the same time. The slashes were added then added until a single slash numbered a hundred. Changing his every angle, Kyoushiro slashed and slashed until every strike had cut Bulsvek into pieces.

 

Bulsvek didn’t show any reaction and stood there taking every slash Kyoushiro delivered. There was no counting how many times Bulsvek was cut into two, three, eight, ten and more pieces. In each and every time Bulsvek regenerated, Kyoushiro’s sword would cut through it and turned it into mere shredded pieces of flesh.

 

The outnumbering slash ended as Kyoushiro jumped back and retreated away from Bulsvek.

 

“Looks like cutting you to a thousand pieces worked”

 

What came about after the rain of slashes was Bulsvek’s body scattered all over the surrounding area. His blood was splattered everywhere and the chunk of his body was sent flying to trees, rocks, bushes and grasses; making a gruesome painting of a bloody forest, right in front of Kyoushiro, Edsel and Dahlia.

 

Kyoushiro returned the sword back to its scabbard and turned around.

 

“Edsel, burn the whole forest down”

 

“Eh?”

 

Probably still shock from what had transpired just now, Edsel let out a surprised voice. Dahlia was hiding behind Edsel, scared from witnessing the fight between Kyoushiro and Bulsvek. 

 

“I said burn the whole forest down. Monsters will gather around here so it’ll be hard to run if those things chase us. Also, it’s to make sure that guy is dead. I don’t want a second where that guy would piece himself together and kill us from behind”

 

Kyoushiro pointed at the chunks of Bulsvek’s body scattered everywhere. Edsel took a moment to think about Kyoushiro’s orders and took actions afterwards. Even she knows how dangerous monsters are when they gather in large numbers; even more so for monsters that can heal or regenerate themselves.

 

Edsel then nodded at Kyoushiro and set the whole forest on fire using <Firestorm> spell. With that, the forest was easily burned and the fires scattered throughout the whole forest. Also with that, there won’t be troublesome monsters chasing them around and bandits that were probably hiding and watching the whole exchange between Kyoushiro and Bulsvek would get caught in the fire as well.

 

Easily, Kyoushiro had less monsters and enemies to deal with; having a mage with a high level of skill in terms of casting powerful spells indeed improve his survivability in this current situation.

 

As the fire continues to spread everywhere, Kyoushiro and the mother and child left, leaving behind a burning forest in their wake.

 

 

-

 

 

The flames that burned down the forest died down almost immediately after a rain passed over. Whether it was some kind of weather change or someone used a spell to change the weather in order to put out the fire, it saved the forest from being burned completely.

 

“Well, this is unexpected…”

 

“My, is that what you call a greeting, oh great hero-dono?”

 

Kyoushiro, Edsel and Dahlia had already left the forest and were now traversing a road that leads to the nearest bandit base. However, as they were walking under the heavy rain, a woman wearing a loose white kimono appeared before them.

 

The woman had pure white hair and crystal blue colored irises. Her white skin seemed like untainted snow and under the dull grey rain; the woman was standing out greatly. Kyoushiro became vigilant of the woman and hid Edsel and Dahlia behind him.

 

Although Kyoushiro wasn’t certain if the woman was hostile or not, there was no assurance that she was there waiting for Kyoushiro or not. Judging by how she addressed Kyoushiro, it seems that she knows who he was.

 

The woman smiled and held out a fan and covered her face.

 

“Sorry but I don’t know who you are. Mind getting out of the way?”

 

“My, such harsh reception I am merely here to introduce myself and talk to you about something”

 

Says the women as she took a step forward and waved her fan; in doing so, she made the droplets of rain disperse. Kyoushiro felt a great gust of wind assault him and groaned due to the forceful wind pushing him back.

 

Then as the rain disappeared, the woman resumed her talk.

 

“I am the 3rd Demon Lord, Lady Snow. Hero, what do you wish to accomplish by slaying the Demon Lords?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Shock and perhaps, bewildered by the woman who calls herself the “3rd Demon Lord”, Kyoushiro’s face twitched. However, Lady Snow did not mind such action from Kyoushiro and thus continued.

 

“What I wished to know, that is you. You have killed the annoying 9th Demon Lord already so? What is it that you trying to accomplish?”

 

“Are you trying to ask if I have some goal in mind?”

 

“Yes or an answer that differs from your goal. Whichever it is, I am fine hearing either”

 

The 3rd Demon Lord was demanding an answer. Although unusual, this sort of question was something that Kyoushiro has no idea to answer. Furthermore, the 3rd Demon Lord just suddenly out of nowhere asking such question out of the blue, due to that, the situation became a little complicated.

 

Of course, after leaving the burning forest, Kyoushiro’s next destination was supposed to be the nearest base of the 4 honest generals that was no less than one after Bulsvek has been killed. But the 3rd Demon Lord suddenly appearing out of nowhere blew all Kyoushiro’s thoughts out of the window.

 

 

“Just out of curiosity, why is a Demon Lord like you doing this kind of interaction to some meager person? Sure I killed the 9th Demon Lord but that is only because he attacked us first. I was only responding to his actions at that time”

 

If anything, Kyoushiro’s goal wasn’t to slay the Demon Lords. Rather, it was to take revenge on Taiga Kurosawa that took everything from him. There was nothing that Kyoushiro wanted beyond that. Being visited suddenly by one of the 12 remaining Demon Lords, is something very suspicious.

 

Lady Snow snickered as she fanned herself. Cold mist escaped from her skin as though snow was present on her body and easily drew the air colder than before. Due to the sudden drop of temperature, the puddles near Kyoushiro’s feet froze.

 

“Honestly, I am merely curious. The person that not only carries a curse but burdened by its effects can fight on par with a Demon Lord that have said to have great regenerative capabilities. It is not something a normal human would be able to do”

 

“Would it be fine if I said that it’s mere pure luck?”

 

“Luck has its limits. Even pure luck can be overturned by pure power of an individual known as a Demon Lord”

 

In this world, Demon Lords are near god like existence. Because they have powers that differ from the boundaries of normality, normal beings cannot even achieve to understand their limits. Even more so this kind of world where it was survival of the fittest and the strong devours the weak, a Demon Lord was enough to be feared like an evil god.

 

If push comes to shove, outnumbering a Demon Lord would be possible for the nations of this world to defeat but even with that would result in countless casualties. Luck would surely be overturned by pure utter strength of a single Demon Lord.

 

It was only pure luck that the 9th Demon Lord was defeated. If the army of monsters at that wasn’t reduced to significant numbers, then Ambrosia would have taken a large loss before could defeat the 8th Demon Lord.

 

“Furthermore, the other Demon Lords had taken an interest in you. Especially the 1st Demon Lord and the 10th Demon Lord”

 

Hearing two Demon Lords taken an interest in him, Kyoushiro was a bit taken aback. Kyoushiro didn’t expect this much to happen since he didn’t even consider the possibility of being pointed out by such beings.

 

Kyoushiro caught the sight of Lady Snow looking at the direction behind him. Curious as to why she was looking behind Edsel and Dahlia, Kyoushiro then saw a horsed covered in flickering dust like shadow.

 

“Hmmm…. It seems like the 10th Demon Lord has made his way and looked into you as well”

 

“…..”

 

This is bad…” Kyoushiro thought as he didn’t sense the presence of a third party spying on him. If it was Kyoushiro, whose normal presence detection skill was well above average even for a normal person, he could have seen through someone watching him from the shadows.

 

It only meant that the third party was far above Kyoushiro’s level and so as the 3rd Demon Lord, Lady Snow, on front of him.

 

“So then, shall I hear an answer from you?”

 

Lady Snow smiled mischievously, like she had seen through Kyoushiro’s pale expression. Having such feeling, Kyoushiro could not help but withdraw.

 

“I’ve got nothing on the Demon Lords. I just kill whoever wants to kill me and take back what my enemy took from me”

 

“Hmmm…. Not the answer I was expecting but nevertheless, it is acceptable”

 

Lady Snow sighed as she covered her face with her black rimmed fan. Her clothes and aesthetics resemble that of Kyoushiro’s world’s country’s culture. Being so elegant and refined, like a lady of a noble house, Kyoushiro couldn’t help but admire Lady Snow’s gestures. As a man, even he couldn’t help it.

 

“Oh right, by the way, I’ll leave this thing here. You can use it as you see fit”

 

When Lady Snow was about to leave after hearing what she wanted to know, a veil of snow was hovering behind her back and brought out a single injured woman down on the ground. Kyoushiro immediately recognized the woman; it was Elyria Rosemary, the female elf knight that serves under Queen Elfianna of Paracellumn.

 

“I found her lying on the ground a few step back and thought that I should giver to the 10th Demon Lord’s servant, though it looks to me that it already changed its mind and left”

 

The strange black horse was already gone when Kyoushiro glanced over his shoulder. It seems that it didn’t stick around well long enough to listen to their conversation. Kyoushiro was glad that there was one less enemy to worry about but nevertheless, he couldn’t let his guard down.

 

Kyoushiro walked towards the unconscious Elyria and took out a vial of recovery potion from his magic storage necklace.

 

“Oh? You are saving her? Would she prove not useful enough to you in her state?”

 

“Rather her being dead, with these wounds, I’m sure she knows where the leader of the mercenary group I’m looking for. She’ll be useful that way”

 

“Were you not going to look for the other bases liked you planned?”

 

“If you were listening before, then you should’ve known that I don’t care about this world’s inhabitants”

 

Those were Kyoushiro’s true feelings. He feels no lingering attachment to this world or its people. If it’s for the people that care about him then he would protect them with all that he could. That was why, in order to end everything once and for all, he would get everything out of Elyria then toss her aside once she is useless.

 

Lady Snow showed a very delighted smile as she heard those words from Kyoushiro himself. Being that the case, then this would prove useful to her advantage.

 

“Fufufu~ very well then, shall I lend you my aid as well?”

 

In those words, was the start of something far larger than Kyoushiro would ever imagine. This was the very first time that someone had made a Demon Lord lend their help.

5