Vol. 4 CH. 12 — Natural Order
131 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 12 — Natural Order

PART #1

The Poison King Akuzdtu and the Serpent Empress Yulka are both similar in one trait. They are both beings that had evolved through means of devouring anything and everything they see as food. Particularly for a slime like the Demon Lord of the urn.

The Poison King Akuzdtu was a name not given by the person himself but rather, the person that first discovered it's existence. Giovanni Akuzdtu. A person of an ancient civilization that pursue the research of monsters. How, where and why they exists, Giovanni Akuzdtu looked into every mystery of the monsters himself.

It wasn't out of curiosity. It was pure dream driven goal that made him research the slime monsters. They are creatures that came in wide variety of types. A normal slime that has no tint of any color and the types of slimes that comes after a normal slime once a normal slime was in a certain type of environment.

For example, a iron slime is a slime that has eaten only iron ores. Once, Giovanni Akuzdtu discovered such specimen trapped in an old iron ore mine where there was hardly anything to eat except for rocks and ores.

As a normal slime's body is semi-liquid, it is able to crawl through cracks as tiny as a keyhole. 

There were other types of slimes as well. Sand slimes that was left in the dessert, poison slimes that ate only poisonous herbs and even healing slimes ate herbs meant to be medicines.

In such study, Giovanni Akuzdtu concluded that in certain environments, different monsters will be born. However, in the existence of dungeons, the monsters found in those places are different from the ones on the surface.

In dungeons, monsters are mixed. No matter where dungeon it is, there are lower rank monsters like goblins and kobolds. Even slimes are often found in higher floors of a dungeon. Because of this, it was hard to understand the principles of monster evolution. Some say that the more floors a dungeon has, the more diverse the monsters inside it.

To test how this would work on surface monsters, Giovanni Akuzdtu decided on an experiment. A mere test to see if in a closed environment where different types of slimes are kept, what would be the product inside it?

As for the answer for such question, Giovanni Akuzdtu found out the hard way. Slimes in general had one unique trait that all of them had on common. All had acidic traits that enables them to digest their food easily.

It was this one trait that solved one of Giovanni Akuzdtu's questions. What is the strongest slime that could ever exist?

The answer was the Poison King Akuzdtu, the Demon Lord of the Urn.

Born after devouring it's brethren in one large flask like an urn full of the world's poisonous insects, the Poison King was born.

It's mass increases rapidly compared to other slimes. Furthermore, it failed to recreate it's cell division traits that helps it grow in a normal environment. Instead, it turned into a cancerous cell that grows and multiply on it's own, creating a mass or a body of it's own inside it's own body. It melts and recreate cells within it's slime body until it grew larger and larger.

This released a grotesque figure of a multi-colored slime with bits of chunks of flesh floating in it's own body. The Blood Slimes that came from Giovanni Akuzdtu's research where he used his own blood to turn a normal slime into a blood slime, was one of the reasons why orifices are since forming and melting on the Demon Lord.

This was the same Demon Lord that ended an entire advance civilization where magic artifacts were comparable to Earth's advance technology.

In face of an ever growing monster that rinse and repeat the process of creation and destruction inside it's own body, such ancient people perished merely in days after the test subject, the Demon Lord of the Urn, escaped from Giovanni Akuzdtu's research facility.

In contrast to that, the Serpent Empress Yulka was different. She was but a small snake at first. A normal animal that lived only to live. However, the story behind the birth of the Demon Lord of the Snakes was unique.

Although Yulka was but a normal snake, it was said that she was a twin of a young woman named Samara. Such girl was born so beautiful that even just mere smile of hers can make the storm clouds disappear. In opposite of that, was the snake twin Yulka, who's mind was just a normal snake.

At it's birth, it caught the rats that plauge the village where Samara and Yulka's family lived. Yulka ate the goblins that trespassed on her family's farm and ate the wolves that dared to harm the sheeps.

The lives of the villagers then became peaceful and prosperous. However, as time went by the twins grew respectively different. The young Samara became a beautiful woman that was sought by Kings and princes, Lords and Emperors. As for the snake Yulka, it grew large in size that even that largest of snakes on earth could not compare.

It was because of this that the family of Samara and Yulka were charged of giving birth to a monster. Naturally the parents of the twins tried to protect both of their children. Even though the father gave immediately after being given a logical explanation by the villagers, the mother stayed and defended her snake daughter.

Yulka then did not harm the only person that she recognized as a mother.

However, it was different for other people.

One day under a stormy night, the house where family of Samara and Yulka resided was attacked. Bandits that went around and about, stealing and pillaging whatever they could find. They found out about the beautiful lady that was being sought after by the richest men and tried to take her by themselves.

Yulka, who was a snake that already as big as a watch tower, rushed to save the only family she recognized.

She ate and ate the bandits. One after the other, be it with armor or not, even with swords, spears, axes and arrows was stuck to it's body, Yulka ate.

Before long, she lost the only family she sees. Her mother's cold body was left under a cold pouring rain. Samara was beheaded with her body naked on the lawn of their backyard. The father was piked to the walls of the house.

It was a scene so gruesome that even a normal person would curse at the people that had done such things.

To the Serpent Empress Yulka, to keep those important to her close no matter if they were dead or not, to keep the warmth of the person she recognized as her mother, with her mouth wide open, she slowly ate the corpse of her mother. Leaving only two corpses left on that farm.

Time went by and the Serpent became so big that she could even coil around three mountains. The mindless animal that defied the natural laws of evolution, became one feared monster that even Demons could not help but run away from.

Along with the millions of snake servants that clung to her scales. And those scales of hers weren't ordinary. They were like a drug that heightens sense of procreation and forces the mind to lose it's sanity, turning those who have invested those scales into monsters of abhorrent beings.

The Demon Lord of the Urn, Poison King Akuzdtu....

The Demon Lord of the Snakes, Serpent Empress Yulka.....

These two being.....

They are engulf in their own war.

Giant blobbing mass of organs and orifices spew liquid of different colors, melting and poisoning the giant Serpent Empress in the process. The land they fought on had lost its life. Where only pools of blood and poison became lakes and rivers.

Rumbling earth, tossing and turning at the Serpent Empress's slithering turns. The capability of neutralizing poisons have gave it a chance to fight fairly against a giant blob of mass of unknown and grotesque figure.

The corpses of snakes floated along the river of blood and poison, some bones of large monsters remained unmelted and some monsters were born anew in those lakes. The scales that were shaved off the Serpent Empress's body flew far and wide across the mountains and prairies.

Creating more monsters to unknown lands.

If this were a scene of a monster movie, it would not be given much attention. However, the reality of this battle was far more dangerous and expansive unlike in any movie. 

"How long has this fight been going?"

"345 years, 6 months and 9 days...."

"As one would expect of mindless creatures. To fight such battle for so long and never get tired. It is truly expected to beings dubbed as Demon Lords"

There were two beings watching the seemingly endless battle between two mindless creatures. One was an armored individual, bulky and heavy looking even, crossed his arms and the other was giant being of 10 meters tall, with a barbarian look.

These two were Demon Lords themselves.

They have watched this monster fight like to enthusiasts that loved the pure adrenaline of a battle. As the two Demon Lords are warriors themselves, they cannot peel their eyes away from this endless battle.

The Titan King Erbernd took a sip from the large flask next to his side.

"Phew!! A good drink to accompany such battle! Sad that I can't find anything to eat in this land of death. I would last a couple more decade if I have more food!"

The Titan King Erbernd was a human born. However, he was one of those humans that only appears in one in a million years. One that grows indefinitely large as he age. The only difference he had from other humans was his long lifespan. After eating one of the hearts of the Hydra King Ruxtorth, he achieved a life 500 years longer than any humans.

As for the armored King Delfigner, he was a being that was hollow inside the armor. His existence was rather unknown in this world. When or where he came from, there were no records of him ever being told in storybooks passed down by many centuries.

"I am still in awe by how much your body consumes. It goes beyond the realm of humanity itself"

"This guy.... can't you just say you want a swig too? No need to say things like that"

The Titan King Erbernd grins and tried to hand over the flask to The armored King Delfigner. But as the armored King Delfigner ignored him, the Titan King Erbernd snorted and took a drink himself.

"Kaaah!! That hit the spot!"

"You've said the same thing 400 times in the last 300 years"

"Keh, you just don't understand with that body of yours"

Titan King Erbernd downed another drink as he watched two beast collide once more. The ground trembled as the Serpent Empress Yulka swings her tail at the blobbing mass of inexplicable things. Purple sludge burst and rain down on the two Demon Lords on top of a slope, their skins sizzled as the acid tried to melt their skins down. But, as they were Demon Lords, that much was only like an itch. Especially for the Titan King Erbernd.

"Haaaah, how much longer will The Serpent Empress do the same thing? That monster Akuzdtu won't die with just that"

He then continues and raised his voice as if trying to advice the Serpent Empress Yulka.

"Aim for the core!! Stop swinging that tail already! You're making my drink spoil!!"

Then as if responding to that, the tail that he mentioned himself went flying towards his direction instead. Titan King Erbernd click his teeth and punches back the tail away. The impact of his face and the tail of the giant snake caused a shockwave, powerful enough to make the rocks on the already crumbling mountains, break and roll down.

"Damn that snake. I give a good advice and this is how she repays me?"

"You have given an advice to a being that knows only how to survive. As it too is a beast of pride, it will not try to seek aid from anyone"

The armored King Delfigner slanted slightly his head as if sighing. Then he turns away from the fight had been watching for over 300 years now as though he had seen enough.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"Data collection has been finished. There is no need to further watch this battle"

"Ah, you got bored already? I see"

"Hup" The Titan King Erbernd pushed his body up from the ground and stretched his limbs then follows behind the armored King Delfigner.

To which the armored King stops and asked why he was being followed.

"Why are you following me?"

"I've enough too. Plus, it's been so long since I return home. Gotta see if those guys are still trying to kill me"

"If it is the Kingdom Dolberg, it has perished 200 years ago. There is no need to return and see them"

"Bah! Enough said! Let's just get going!"

As the reason for their stay had gone and went, The Titan King Erbernd and the Armored King Delfigner walked away from the land of poison and death with the Titan King pushing the back of the Armored King forward.

The sight of two Demon Lords walking side by side was one of the odd things this world had shown.

The 8th Demon Lord, Armored King Delfigner. 

He was a Demon Lord that was only acknowledge as a Demon Lord when he erased one nation. His power left a large crater where a new lake has formed. 

His existence however was not found until 100 years ago. Because of how he comes and goes in eras told in books and texts, it was hard to pinpoint when exactly he had first appeared.

In fact, the only person that ever sees the Armored King Delfigner was the Titan King Erbernd. At first, the Titan King Erbernd fought the Armored King Delfigner as an enemy that threatened his life but after the fight between the two left three mountains flattened on seven lakes dried up it was only then that the Titan King Erbernd ended his battle against the Armored King Delfigner.

This made the two Demon Lords close, if not, only one-sided.

Because the Armored King was a Demon Lord of peculiarities, the Titan King Erbernd thought they were birds of a feather that tend to walk on their own paths alone.

They weren't friends but neither were enemies. They had acknowledge each of their own beings as someone they can kill anytime so they just decided not to worry who was strong or not.

But it was different for the Armored King Delfigner.

Inside a facility, where the windows show the eerie dark sky and endless vast space, the Armored King Delfigner entered his domain.

[Welcome, DL—F6N3R]

A mechanical voice echoed in the cold white room.

"Data retrieval is done. Store file no. 73004583 to File no. 33367249 on the Demon Lord section"

[Storing]

The 8th Demon Lord, Armored King Delfigner was the only Demon Lord that was far different from other Demon Lords. He wasn't an ancient being like the 1st Demon Lord nor he was natural born like the Titan King or the Serpent Empress.

He was a being created by another being of another galaxy. One such place however, has long since passed and only the artificial intelligence that learned through the various data left in it's main frame was left of that distant old planet.

The goal of the Armored King Delfigner was to monitor the beings that loved in this odd planet that he named "Planet no. 18777904223" One of the countless planets that the Armored King has monitored through the endless timeline.

He had watched the creation and destruction of civilizations, he had seen countless evolutions of the creatures down in that planet. Yet he was still trying to search for the origins of all monsters itself.

Although he was a product of scientific and advance technology, he was still recognized as a Demon Lord.

Which only proves that Planet no. 18777904223 was still in it's primitive age.

"ExE, open file no. 3333771"

[Understood. Opening file no. 3333771]

A video recording of past civilizations flourish and destroyed. It was one example of this world's cruel life.

"ExE, how many civilization had appeared on Planet no. 18777904223?"

[Total numbers are 1,477. 800 of which have been erased by Monsters]

"Still the same. The remaining ones have grown to a point where they have established their own culture and religion. Technology has advanced well in terms of magic spells however, the concept of skills still eludes me"

The Armored King Delfigner couldn't figure out what causes the civilization of flourishing nations to be destroyed so easily. Some where forgotten in time while some had succeeded in advancing forward and are able to thrive despite countless tragedies.

One particular technology that the Armored King Delfigner wishes to discover was the skills and the leveling that happens in Planet no. 18777904223.

It was something that did not appear centuries ago. But only came after a few hundred years. It was a mystery that did not fit a world of monsters.

While the Armored King Delfigner was watching the recordings of past civilizations, Exe, the ship's A.I had detected an anomaly in the planet they were monitoring.

[Technological advancement detected]

This made the Armored King Delfigner paused for a moment.

"Location?"

[Wasteland Area. The Previous Aurolius Kingdom where Dark Lord Trause had previously destroyed has been restored. EM waves has been detected around 400km. It is possible that it has established electrical power source]

"That's impossible"

It was a tone of disbelief unexpected to his cold and mechanical voice. Armored King Delfigner quickly run through the numerous diagnostic test to see if there were some malfunction within the system. However, as there never have been any sort of malfunction since the time the ship moored above planet no.18777904223, it was hard to believe it would have any sort of problems now.

But then, after checking the systems for any failures, Armored King Delfigner found the records of a recent power surge 7 months ago.

[Location: Travestin Kingdom. Detected power surge expected to have been from one of the spells used by the human race]

ExE then explains that over half a year ago there was a great power surge that came from surface of planet no. 18777904223. Not only that, there were numerous instances of such power surge occurring in various places all across the continent. Most recent power surges where from areas of the old Aurolius Kingdom, the Forest of Paracellumn and the in Travestin Kingdom's capitol.

These signs were normally detected from beings that managed to produce enough power to rival a fusion reactor. Furthermore, it was even recorded as high as 7.2 Au. Although this pose no threat to the ship, it was certainly unexpected in a world that repeats it's cycle of birth and destruction.

"To think such events transpired while I was collecting data. ExE reconnaissance data"

[Reconnaissance data displaying]

"This is...."

A new screen appeared. There various shots of the heroes that were summoned in Travestin were played. From the events of the first day to the current date, all the faces, power levels and skills were shown on the screen.

What caught the interest of the Armored King Delfigner was one individual. It was Kyoushiro Kagami. The data showed his skills being used in development of weapons as well as medicine. Not only that, the type of golems he had created in order to rebuilt and entire city from ruins was a feat no humans of planet no. 18777904223 could ever do.

The two lights inside the Armored King Delfigner's visor flicker as though showing curiosity on a subject.

However, his curiosity was cut short when a current livefeed of a certain place in the wasteland was not showing properly.

"ExE, why is there static on the monitor? Is there any issue in our reconnaissance transmitter?"

[Negative. Diagnosis showed no problem with the ship's detection systems. Possible conclusion may have been due to the obstructions placed above the area]

"Obstructions?"

Upon sensing the Armored King Delfigner's intentions, ExE zoomed the live feed. There, the display shows countless fly size golems flying around the clouds, maintaining the temperature above the area to a reasonable level.

However, ExE immediately activated it's data collection system and retrieved as much as data it could after scanning the static area.

The calculated data was then showed on the screen for the Armored King Delfigner to see.

"Golems? How could golems have the ability to hide such large area? On top of being surveillance drones, it seems it also capable of collecting magic power from the air"

They were the eyes of the magic artifact God's Eye that was in Ambrosia. They were miniscule size golems that was capable absorbing magic power in the air in order to continuously run for a long time. 

What the Armored King Delfigner did not know was that it did not have any ability to obscure nor create a problem with ExE's detection system. It was just so many that ExE could not zoom in pass through those tiny golems as it's reconnaissance transmitter does not recognize it as an obstruction.

If it were put to an apt example, it was like a screen was placed above the sky with wires criss-crossing underneath each other. Although there are spaces enough for light to pass through it was still too thick to see through.

"When was this set up ExE?"

[Records showed around 4 months ago]

It was around the time when Kyoushiro Kagami had just finished some part of Ambrosia before he disappeared and before the 9th Demon Lord came to attack Ambrosia.

[DL-F6N3R, do you wish to initiate purge system?]

"Negative. Raise the detection system to it's maximum and see if there are other golems of the same level in that area. Send the reconnaissance drones to look for these people as well. They don't seem from this planet"

The screen suddenly showed 18 faces. Each where in places that either inside buildings or in places fighting monsters. One of which was Taiga Kurosawa, his red hair had gone white and eyes had turned grey. His skin showed signs of aging as there were wrinkles on his face. He was currently traversing a valley with an undead army behind him.

PART #2

The Dwarfs and other races in Dwvargo Kingdom were preparing for war. The monsters were still relentlessly charging towards the city walls without rest, filling the surroundings with corpses to the size of hills.

The muskets bursts endlessly and the smell of gunpowder fill the air. The smithies responded to every request of the individuals asking for weapons. Naturally, the supplies that came with the magic ships that Kyoushiro Kagami sent all arrived safely weeks ago.

Though there were some that were reluctant to accept any help from a Demon-Spawn, the majority of the dwarves however, all felt nothing but awe and recognition towards the person who have created such massive magic ships.

One such cases were the dwarves of small smithies.

Although the Kingdom of Dwarves were for the dwarves themselves, the citizens that lived here we're diverse. Half were humans that were driven away by monsters from their homes, a quarter were the beastmen that came to Dwvargo years ago in an attempt to increase the population of Dwvargo Kingdom and the rest were the dwarves.

Humans reproduce faster than any race so they are high in numbers. They are also perfect for manpower so the Dwvargo Kingdom employs them as soldiers in their army. Beastmen we're strong but hardly were keen on using weapons since the beastmen that live in Dwvargo Kingdom are ones that can transform into their beast forms. Making weapons for them useless.

"Those guys from Ambrosia seems to have better quality materials than us. Those weapons and armor their soldiers were wearing were quite the sight to see"

"Yeah, I'd give anything just to visit that place once. I heard rumors that the communication device the King received was from that place too. It's been helpful in long distance communication, especially in contacting the outposts. There was a surge of monsters that came from the East and the communication device helped in sending reinforcements as soon as possible"

"Iyaaa~ I hope that Black Hero comes to our place too!"

A bright and cheery tavern was bursting with laughter and joyful jeers. The place was filled rough looking men and women that fought side by side to protect themselves from the terrors of the monsters.

Big barrels of beers were rolling one after another in face of the bottomless pit of the dwaves' stomach. To which, they are well-known beside their ways with the minerals of the earth.

"Haaaah.... if only those heroes were useful. One's a brat with no balls and the other talks with his lower-half. Yeesh, the muskets were helpful but they aren't effective against the bigger ones"

"You said it. The only reason we made those muskets was to get more numbers of fighters to protect the wall. Not only those things can't kill an orc with one shot, it's even hard to fire continuously. They aren't useful in this kind of siege"

"You said it. We lost some men from an aerial raid. Gargoyles and Demon Bats are too agile for muskets"

The two dwarves we're discussing about the events that happened just a few days ago. 

The half brothers Kouga Misumi and Yuuya Mizushima were the heroes sent to Dwvargo to help them fight the monsters there as well as save them from the Demon Lords. However, upon arrival, the news of the two causing an elven village to be burned down by wyverns, has already reached the ears of the citizens of Dwvargo Kingdom.

That is to say, their reputation wasn't very good at all. 

On top of Kouga Misumi chasing skirts day and night, the other brother, Yuuya Mizushima wasn't so much as a fighter at all. Although Kouga Misumi was able to adapt the muskets into this world, they were merely just peashooters against the hide of a bull. It wouldn't do much damage due to the differences in levels and stats.

Though the damages done by the muskets are raised based on the user's level and stats, there were hardly enough high level adventurers that are capable of using the full potential of a gun.

Naturally, Kouga Misumi and Yuuya Mizushima used the muskets they adapted into this world. Just that, the two were hardly anywhere on the front lines.

Yuuya Mizushima are sometimes seen fighting in front of enemy lines, though his skills proved to be strong, his heart as a warrior wasn't much of a comparison. Yuuya Mizushima would always run away whenever there's a stronger enemy before him. Causing much distraction behind the soldiers.

On the other hand, Kouga Misumi was strong. He can fight ogres now compared to the past but every time he gets praised for his actions, his ego grows even more and it gets harder and harder to see him in the front lines. Instead, he was more into brothels and women. It was like his hidden nature was suddenly let out after a long time imprisoned deep within his psyche.

Both were neither useful or useless. Needless to say, the Dwvargo Kingdom chose the wrong people to accept to help them fight the monsters.

"Haaaah.... will there come a time where the monsters disappear for good in this world?"

"We can only hope brother.... we can only hope"

The talk suddenly fell. The atmosphere became dreary in there table that even the others can't help but notice them. In this tavern, there are humans, beastmen and dwarves alike. Both are on friendly terms with each other despite the racial barriers. 

But out of all the races in the world that's left, the dwarves are the ones that has dwindled in number. Sadly to say, their own civilizations from the ancient pasts have always been on the mercy of monsters. It was obvious that their ancestors slowly lost their will to live after the hundreds of times the civilization they've built we're reduced to ruins.

Now, there's only few thousand dwarves left around the world. Only over 8,000 dwarves are left in Dwvargo Kingdom.

"........."

Of course, like all taverns, almost anyone can enter. Yuuya Mizushima, who was listening to the two dwarven men talk could only hold his head down as he can't give any excuse on his behavior.

He could've helped saving those elves, he truly wish he could but Kouga Misumi chose to run away and abandon them.

Not just that, because of his cowardly nature, he was too afraid to fight strong enemies in fear of losing his life. The trauma left by those wyverns when they attacked him with fire breaths carved a deep fear of death in Yuuya Mizushima's heart.

The faces of those who asked them for help was seared right into Yuuya Mizushima's mind.

‘There's no way anyone would be able to recover after that!!’ was the excuse Yuuya Mizushima often says to himself whenever he rans away in fright.

Of course, he understands his duties as a hero. However, it wasn't that long since they were just normal students. Just blindly spending their days in blissful ignorance, attending classes and playing with friends. Those were normal for everyone that came from earth. 

But unlike the others that had so adapted to this world's natural order, Yuuya Mizushima's actions weren't just cowardly, it causes a chain of death that comes after his retreat. There's no excuse for that.

"Just why do I have to do this...."

Yuuya Mizushima let out a murmur. On his hand was mug of beer and next to that were empty mugs as well. He had drunk so many now that if his was on earth, he would've drop dead by now. But with his current constitution, this level of drunkenness was only on the level of being tipsy.

"I was just a normal kid up until half a year ago.... now..."

Yuuya doesn't know if his actions to follow Taiga were smart or stupid. Taiga lead everyone like the leader he was into the jaws of death in promise of returning to their world. Now, six months later, only a couple of Demon Lords were killed and none of those who followed Taiga Kurosawa killed them.

It was the only person that all of them abandoned. The one person the people of this world accused with something so stupid that even a kid would notice the hidden motives they had when they prosecuted Kyoushiro Kagami.

Now that person became so famous that his been labeled as the Black Hero or the Black King of Ambrosia.

Compared to Yuuya Mizushima, who was always wallowing in deep regret, fear and depression, Kyoushiro Kagami was a shining star that shot forth from the ground and into the sky.

‘Ah.... I should just... die huh?’ Such thoughts passed through the drunken Yuuya Mizushima's mind. When all of a sudden...

*Blag!* The Tavern door flew open.

"Bad news!! The 7th Demon Lord was sighteed near the south outpost!!"

It was another bad news on top of another bad day.

1