Vol. 2 CH. 14 – The Visitor
330 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 CH. 14 - The visitor

PART #1

The very next day, Durif gathered the heroes in the meeting room they used the first time they arrived. Starting from the center to the right was Durif, Elyria, Koizumi and then Katsuto. The other end was Kyoushiro, Minami and then Edsel and Dahlia.

The mother and daughter duo just followed Kyoushiro since they just had breakfast.

"I'll get straight to the point, her majesty, Queen Elfianna was taken away by Lord Pernicious"

"?!" Koizumi, Katsuto, Minami and Edsel all gasped as they heard such news. Elyria already told Kyoushiro so the two didn't act as such while Dahlia was quietly listening to everyone.

Koizumi slammed his hands on the table as he stood up.

"Why are we just hearing this now?!"

"I'm sorry but I had to make sure first before making an assumption. This is a blood relative of her majesty after all"

Durif's expression darkens as he explained to everyone what he learned through various kinds of information gathering.

"Pernicious-dono was already planning this from the start. Even before you heroes were born. Pernicious-dono was already preparing his grand plan when he got Edsel-sama's husband killed"

The story of how Elfianna met Nefieria Crats Noct and how they ended up separating. The grand fight between the Elf Queen and the Shadow King as well as Elfianna's enthronement down to hunting down Edsel and including Princess Lydia in his plan.

Everything was slowly being prepared for the big finished. It was just then that Pernicious acted when everyone was out and wasn't guarding Queen Elfianna.

Kyoushiro already heard Edsel's side of the story. That was why, everyone except for him and Dahlia were shocked when they heard of it.

Edsel nodded and gave her own story to everyone. In order to supplement the reason why Pernicious abducted Queen Elfianna and plan for their attack, Edsel spared no expense in telling the truth to everyone.

How she ended her career as Elfianna's Court Mage, how she was hunted for nearly half a millennia with her husband and how Pernicious toyed with the life of her husband.

Hearing the stories themselves, Koizumi, Minami and Katsuto all showed faces as though they've done something horrible.

Although it wasn't direct, they did help Pernicious in his schemes. Even if Pernicious' plan went sideways, and Princess Lydia decided to come clean, the three felt horrible for helping a criminal.

"Please don't show such faces. If not for everyone's help, I might not have been saved. The others as well"

"But...." Minami bit down her lip as her voice cracked.

"It's already over. Even if my race have changed, I am still an heir to the throne. I will help as much as I can in taking back my aunt"

Then, Lydia turns to Kyoushiro with a bright and trusting smile on her face.

"Also, Kagami-sama is with us. I'm sure he'll help in this time as well"

But when Kyoushiro heard that, his face frowns.

"Huh? why do I have to?"

"Eh?"

"K-Kagami... you..."

"B-Black Hero-dono?!"

Kyoushiro's words were unexpected. They didn't think that Kyoushiro would refused without so much a hint of hesitation in his tone. 

Princess Lydia was dumbfounded, Koizumi lost his words and Durif stood from his seat from shock. It seems that they expected Kyoushiro to help this time as well since he did technically joined in when they were looking for Lydia.

Kyoushiro sighs and continues...

"I've already done my part. The ships and goods has been delivered and all that's left is to visit some of the important guys that runs their own countries. I've gave the rewards for the help from Ambrosia already so what more should I do in this place?"

"B-But.... only you can save her Majesty!!"

"There are three heroes right here right? I'm an ambassador of some sort from Ambrosia, it's isn't my job to help"

"But you went and saved me right?! Were you not willing at that time?!"

"I dazed out for a while and mistakenly left the mansion. I only went and saved you because I couldn't get back to this place unless I'm with these three or with that knight over there. Didn't you see what happened when I stepped in town just yesterday?"

Looking back, Kyoushiro's actions were indeed just as he said. He didn't say anything about helping saving princess Lydia nor he wanted to look for her. Kyoushiro merely got swept up in the moment and ended up raiding Ernest Vern's base.

Kyoushiro's actions were just him going with the flow of the events. If he didn't left the mansion, he wouldn't even met Edsel and Dahlia.

"........."

Everyone fell silent as they recall what happened when Kyoushiro wandered out of the mansion. Even now, they still can't believed that what Kyoushiro did led to the rescue of thepef Princess.

"Look, I'm not saying that I'm not glad that I met these guys and saved someone but this ain't my job to begin with"

"E-Even if Queen Elfianna.... the one that agreed to save Ambrosia... is in danger?"

"Durif, I already gave out the rewards. What is there more to give? Or are you saying that even by now, you're not acting like this because it's Elfianna's orders?"

It wouldn't take a fool to notice everything around him. Kyoushiro was hated from the start. Even if they try to hide it, its obvious that they are repulsed whenever they see Kyoushiro.

The elves, no, the Queen and even Durif was no different.

"I've already lend a hand. I even paid the price for doing it. Just that, this time, I'm sitting this one out"

Kyoushiro breathes out as he pushed out his seat and stands up.

"I'll lend a hand as long as there's something in it for me. I'm not expecting to be paid but with people showing that animosity blatantly, I'd rather sleep and take the day off"

Hate was one thing Kyoushiro was already accustomed to. He didn't care back on earth and he didn't care even now. Whenever he hears the words "Demon-Spawn" it's like an irritating broken record playing back and forth in his mind.

The people in Ambrosia doesn't say much since they feel what Kyoushiro has been enduring now.

Discrimination? That can be fix by absolute power. With how Kyoushiro have gone strong after the last fight with a Demon Lord, staying quiet back in Ambrosia was something that Kyoushiro would be able to do now.

"Kagami.... if you help out, everyone might recognize your efforts. At least think about this"

"You guys are strong enough to take care of this right? A few dead soldiers wouldn't matter"

The power of heroes wasn't something lightly used. But with how Taiga and the rest of his classmates doing what they want with it, even letting them tale over a country would be easy.

The same goes for rescuing a Queen from a power hungry elf like Pernicious.

"Lives would be lost.... Black Hero-dono...."

"And I'd take more if I went there"

"......"

Durif was stunned by what Kyoushiro said. The sheer magnitude of Hus words were enough to make Durif get shaken in his boots. Minami stayed quiet and so did Katsuto.

Elyria couldn't uttter a word, Princess Lydia was lost in disbelief, while Edsel and Dahlia worriedly looked at everyone.

This talk wasn't as progressive as everyone had imagined.

"Well then, what is it that you desire in exchange for rescuing Elfianna?"

"?!"

Suddenly, a visitor appeared. His voice was deep and hoarse but in contrast to that, his body was similar to a young man. Long spiky dark hair, red colored eyes and dark inky skin. Even the whites of his eyes were black. He was the very definition of darkness itself.

Everyone turned their gaze to the mysterious person. Everyone became alarmed the moment they realized he was there.

But....

"Answer me young Demon Lord, will you rescue Elfianna in exchange for something you desire?"

He didn't do anything. His eyes were only directed at Kyoushiro. Staring at him as though Kyoushiro was the only person in the room...

"Who are y-"

"SHADOW KING CRATS?!!"

But then, Durif, pale to the point of being white, trembling in fear as he steps away from the mysterious individual.

He was indeed, the Shadow King who lives within the realm of darkness, Shadow king Crats.

"So? what will you say, young Demon Lord?"

"Tsk!"

Kyoushiro clicked his tongue as the Shadow king waited for his answer....

-

Just what is this? I don't understand what's happening. Please explain what's happening right now!!

Minami Todoroki, was on the verge of mentally breaking down. Because of the surprises and shocking revelations one after the other, her brain couldn't keep up.

A Demon Lord came, he called Kagami-kun a young Demon Lord and right now..... he is.... the two is....!!

Kyoushiro and Shadow king Crats was facing of. But in Minami's eyes, the two looked exactly the same. Their face and height, were almost identical. Setting aside from the color of other person's skin and eyes, both Kyoushiro and Shadow king Crats were like a pair of identical twins.

This was truly unexpected and absolutely shocking even. Koizumi and Katsuto were also speechless.

"Don't keep me waiting young Demon Lord. Elfianna's life is in danger. Answer quickly"

Shadow king Crats demanded so.

"Huh?! Why do I have to?!"

"Are you not a hero as well? This is your duty"

"That ain't my job"

"Then as you've said before, you won't work if you won't get paid? Well then, state your wish, i'll give you anything you like"

The two had such loud exchange that it muffled everyone's breathing. With the topic just going back and forth between the two, there wasn't much progress.

Rather, they were regressing. It's like an adult forcing a kid to do something with a reward in exchange with the kid stubbornly refusing.

It's an unbelievable scene. There was no one that can interpret it like that in the room.

"Wait a minute!"

Then, Minami broke the two off their talk.

"What is it, midget?"

"First of all, that's rude!! Anyways, I just heard something unbelievable there earlier!! Kagami-kun, since when you've became a young Demon Lord?!"

"......."

Kyoushiro turns away and intended to stay silent. Koizumi and Katsuto joined Minami in questioning Kyoushiro.

"Hey Kagami, is that true?"

"You son of a gun.... I didn't think you'd become one...."

Because in this world, the heroes' roles were to defeat the Demon Lord. If Kyoushiro was a Demon Lord then that only meant that another enemy was added into the list.

Furthermore, this was Kyoushuro they were talking about. It wouldn't take him a single day to wipe everyone of his classmates if he wishes to. Even if he was bounded by a curse.

"Haaaaah.... fine" Kyoushiro sighed as though implying he gave up in hiding, then faced everyone with a carefree face.

"I'm the Demon Lord of Chains as well as the Black hero. I gained those class after my evolution"

"There, happy now?" Kyoushiro clicked his tongue once more before facing Shadow king Crats. But this time, Elyria spoke.

"at that time.... don't tell me it's because of you that princess Lydia has.... and my sisters are....!?"

"Yeah, I think.... I'm not sure but I'm probably the cause for their evolution. Using reconstruction skills while undergoing mutation.... that's what probably nailed it"

During his fight with Ernest Vern, Kyoushiro was already immobile due to the effects of the drug. The essence left in the blood of the mutated army that Kyoushiro bathe in while fighting, the drug affected him as well.

Because of that, he was forced to stop moving due to the intense rate of mutation forcing his whole body structure to change violently. But in order to prevent himself from turning into a useless freak of nature, Kyoushiro used <Blueprint Machination> in order to recreate his body while undergoing mutation.

Added by <Transmutation> and <Mineral Processing> Kyoushiro managed to stay as human as possible. However, because Kyoushiro further strained himself with Kakal's cursed skull piece and Elder-God-Blade-Hastur, Kyoushiro gained the skill <Evolution>.

With that, from being a human, Kyoushiro transformed into a Demon Lord.

Elyria watched all that herself but even now, she still can't believe it.

"Then.... in order to turn us back to normal....."

Princess Lydia asked wearily with her hands to her chest.

"I can't remember much of what happened but I might have used the <Evolution> skill on you guys. I was barely conscious at that time after all"

On top of losing his armors, with his body battered and influenced by curses, it went as it is that Kyoushiro couldn't stay sane at that point.

Because of the excruciating pain and the effects of <Evolution> skill, it was still a mystery that Kyoushiro didn't die at that time.

"I see....."

Princess Lydia held her chest tightly as she forced a smile on her face.

"At that time, thank you very much for saving me. Once again, I learned that you've risked everything just to save me, than you"

"Huh? Didn't you hear what I said earlier? I didn't-"

"Yes, I know but, even though you didn't expected to save someone. You still went and done it. I am very grateful for that. Even now, I am still grateful to you and I want to give my everything just to thank you...."

"Hey!! Are you stupid? I said I didn't-"

"Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, in exchange for rescuing my aunt, the current Queen of Paracellumn, I shall give you myself as a reward"

"!?" Everyone gasped at what Lydia said. Shadow king Crats, who've stayed silent until now, reacted saying "So Elfianna had a niece....." while Kyoushiro was dumbfounded and the others turned stone due to shock.

Dahlia didn't seemed to understand so she stayed quiet but Edsel had her jaw dropped by Princess Lydia's statement.

"D-Don't joke around!! Why do I need some woman li-"

"I am a queen to be and even though I've been violated, I am confident that I can still be of used to you. Use me to whatever you wish to do whenever you want"

"Huh!? S-Shut up!! What the hell is up with that!? What kind of woman just readily give her to some guy she barely even know!!?"

"Oh my? It seems you are still unsatisfied. Well then, I shall bring along all the elves that had been helped by you. That includes the elf knights and Elyria-sama. And that elf woman next you as well... hmm, I'm not sure about the child but I can make a compromise"

"Ah-Ha...No.... I...."

Kyoushiro's mouth opens and closes numerous times as he was stunned beyond belief to what Lydia just said. He didn't want any other woman, but with how he said all that about a woman readily giving herself to some guy she barely even knew reminded him of Lucinda.

Lucinda was the first person to confess her feelings to Kyoushiro. She even honesty told him how she fell in love at first sight.

Is this world's woman that loose?! What about the whole morality and the like they always preach?!

Kyoushiro was lost for words because he knew how women work in his world. Or so he thinks as even he doesn't have much experience with women back on earth.

"I see.... so the young Demon Lord has still his human desires. Very well then, I shall hand over to you a land I just previously destroyed. Its a country where humans live now is home for various monsters, that is yours if you will rescue Elfianna"

"Huh!!!? Wait, since when did I said I need something like that?! I haven't agreed to this!!"

"That is troubling.... to think Kagami-sama would desire more.... Then, should I add my uncle's wife and daughters as well? If you want, this whole Calladium shall be yours"

"Lydia-sama?! Please don't make such bargain!! Even if we do take back the Queen and arrest Pernicious-dono, the citizens won't take this silently!!"

"But they have inconvenience Kagami-sama. Would it not serve as punishment to have them serve under him? For what they did, that much should be enough"

The whole talk just turned into convincing Kyoushiro to help rescuing Queen Elfianna. From women to lands, everything was being presented to Kyoushiro on a silver platter. The three heroes were unable to keep up and were left quietly on the side.

Edsel didn't seem to mind staying with Kyoushiro since Dahlia would still live with her, but Durif was at his wits end since Princess Lydia was readily handing out a piece of land to a new Demon Lord.

With this much, even merchants would fight over who would save the Queen. The prices were really no laughing matter.

Wait, isn't this supposed a serious talk? what just happened?

Minami thought as she watch Kyoushiro get flustered with all the rewards presented to him. It was a very serious conversation at first but ended up in a rather dubious way.

In any case, there was still a lot of time. For the time being, the three heroes stayed quiet until they get satisfied at watching Kyoushiro panicked with all the conditions Shadow king Crats and Princess Lydia was offering.

After the whole rescue mission was over, Kyoushiro would make the three walk to their own country all the way as punishment. But that's a whole different story...

PART #2

"Anyways, why not tell us why you want me to help save the Queen?"

After the whole scuffle was done and Kyoushiro calmed down and seated himself once again, they resumed the meeting. Shadow king Crats stood by the wall and did not help himself to a chair.

Just that, because Kyoushiro and him were identical, Minami, Koizumi and Katsuto continued to look at him. It made Shadow king Crats awkward, making him unable to join in the table.

"I believe Durif told you about how I met Elfianna in the past?"

"Yeah, we've heard heard it"

Katsuto answered briskly.

"What happened is true, but only half of it"

"What....? I witnessed that event myself... are you saying not all what happened that day was true?"

Durif was surprised. After all, he was one of the few soldiers that fought Shadow king Crats that day hundreds of years ago. He still remembers the day when Shadow king Crats devastated Paracellumn when he turned into a Demon Lord.

The destruction of that day was so much that it left a part of Paracellumn barren and unlivable for a hundred years.

To think that it wasn't all true, Durif can't believe it himself.

"I turned into a Demon Lord that day, indeed, I fought Elfianna for days and nights but do you believe that Elfianna would kill me, the person she loves most in the world?"

"That kind felt horrible when you say that but, continue"

Minami felt a sudden urge to punch someone and interrupted Shadow king Crats.

The other side didn't seem to care and ignored her though....

"At the time Elfianna left unable to kill me, there was an exchange for stopping my attack..... but do you know why I attacked in the first place, Durif?"

Shadow king Crats glared at Durif as he waited for an answer. Naturally, Durif was shaken by the glare of a ranked Demon Lord, but despite that, Durif answers back.

"It is because the elders tried to stop your wedding at that time...."

"You are wrong Durif, the reason is that Elfianna requested me to"

"What?!"

Durif unconsciously raised his voice due to the unexpected truth.

"It was.... her Majesty's request?"

"That's right, we may have been young and foolish but we were not so stupid as to ignore the warnings of the old elven leaders. It was us that decided to not go through with our wedding in order to stop the ascension of elves"

"Ascension of...elves?"

This time, Edsel was lost for words.... Kyoushiro asked her about this and while shake, Edsel swallowed her fears and answered....

"That is an old forbidden spell that only high rank elves knows. It is a spell that will turn every elves into high elves...."

"Isn't that a good thing? I mean you elves have more attachment to beauty and grace more than anything after all"

When Koizumi asked that, Edsel moved her head left and right. There was a reason why it was a forbidden spell....

"As I've said, its a forbidden spell. In order for the elves to become high elves, they require a large amount of magic power from the environment and spirit light during a full moon, which is why there would only be one high elf during every cycle....."

"But...." Edsel continued as her face darkness.....

"The price for that was the life of this world. Its core, the very magic core of this world would need to turn every elves into high elves. If that were to happen...."

"Every being in this world except for us Demon Lord and the elves, will be unable to use magic. Each and every life would die and the world would advance into desertification. The elves and us Demon Lords would the only one that would remain living"

Shadow king Crats added the last words that Edsel couldn't say. His eyes then turned to Edsel, who was tightly embracing her daughter.

"I recall having seeing you at that day as well. Were you not Elfianna's court mage and adviser at that time?"

"Yes.... I was. I already resigned when I decided to settle down but..."

"What?! Then you are my predecessor, Edsel-dono?!"

Durif was most likely shock by this since even he didn't knew who Edsel was in the first place. He only knows that she was under the care of Kyoushiro. 

But he can't imagine such great person reduced to such state. After all, Edsel was known to be one of the most powerful mages the elves ever produced.

"Yes, I was grateful to her Majesty that she let me retire but due to some circumstances. I was lead to this state"

Edsel and her husband was chased by the power hungry elves after all. She even lost her husband during all that event. Which led to how Dahlia became a child born without a father.

"I see" Shadow king Crats cuts in.

"Well, I trust that you know how to stop this spell from ever being used?"

"Yes.... I know how to do it... but"

"But? What is it that concerns you?"

"To stop that spell from being activated, we must destroyed the Spirit tree. Like how you did it when you destroyed the central capital of Paracellumn"

At the center of Paracellumn, the central capital of elves, Yggdrasil, a large tree grows. At that place, spirit of all elements gather and gives life to the surrounding lands.

It was also known as the ancestral tree of the elves. Which was a historic landmark that could even be said as old as the world. However, Shadow King Crats destroyed the said tree in order to prevent the Ascension of elves in the past. Making it so that the forbidden spell won't be used.

This was also due to Elfianna's skill that perceives the hearts of her targets. Because of this, she came to learn of Pernicious' goal long before he even tried to pursue it.

However....

"That tree now stands again at the center of Yggdrasil"

Durif added so worriedly....

"So your saying that if we want to stop this forbidden spell from working, he'd have to destroy this old tree?"

"More specifically, a Demon Lord should destroy it"

As Katsuto asked the obvious, Shadow King Crats adds a more detailed information.

Hearing such thing, the three heroes, Durif, Princess Lydia and Edsel all turned towards the souring looking Kyoushiro, who didn't seem to like most of content of the conversation. In fact, he wanted to leave already since he still feel stiff from all the fighting he has done.

Shadow king Crats then donned his cowl and faced the open window...

"I'll prepare you the reward you wish. For the time being, I expect that you would held your own end of the bargain"

"Wait! I didn't say I'd do this! I haven't even thought of doing it!!"

Kyoushiro yelled angrily at Shadow king Crats for pushing his own terms at Kyoushiro do doesn't want to get involved with anything other than himself.

Shadow King Crats then replies with turning around...

"How long would you keep this charade of doing whatever as you want. You know for yourself that you are merely doing this to distance yourself from others. You being childish in the most important matter sickens me. Young Demon Lord, you are no longer a child, stop acting like you haven't chosen your path"

"GH....."

Kyoushiro groans as he knows fully well what Shadow king Crats meant. Even now, he was acting but, even so, there was no way he'd lend a hand to some people that hates him because he came with the same color as a Demon-Spawn.

Then, as if giving an advice, Shadow king Crats turned his face a bit and said..

"You are me of your world. If you felt the unreasonableness of life, you should know much it pains you to have everything you care about taken away from you"

"?!"

"Listen carefully young Demon Lord, start acting like a grown man. There is no used in making yourself look pitiable with your nonsense about you how lived your life. How you live through it is what it means to become a real adult. If not, your silly actions would cost you more than you even imagine in the future......"

And so, after leaving those lines, Shadow king Crats disappeared like a veil if shadow touched by light.

Left standing there was Kyoushiro, gritting his teeth and his fists, drawing blood in the process.....

"Damn it.... I feel sick because of that guy"

"Kagami-sama...."

Princess Lydia tried to approach Kyoushiro however, he dashed out the meeting room. Leaving everyone with face, showing how troubled they were with what Shadow king Crats told them about.

Of course, Dahlia. who was listening the whole time, fell asleep.

-

"Seriously, why the hell should I even listen to that crap"

That night, Kyoushiro stood outside the veranda of his room. After the meeting with Shadow king Crats, Kyoushiro's mind has been turned upsidedown. Because of what people of expecting him to do and what he wants to be getting all mixed up, Kyoushiro can't decided on what has to do for now.

The cold air turned Kyoushiro's sigh into a small mistas he breathe. Looking at the starry sky with absolutely clear of all polution, Kyoushiro recalls what Shadow king Crats said this afternoon.

"Listen carefully young Demon Lord, start acting like a grown man. There is no used in making yourself look pitiable with your nonsense about you lived your life. How you live through it is what it means to become a real adult. If not, your silly actions would cost you more than you even imagine in the future......"

What Shadow king Crats meant was as it was, Kyoushiro was still acting like he doesn't care about anything. Although it was true that had decided to go through with his revenge, it went without saying that his "desire" to protect wasn't as conclusive as his first.

Because of this, Kyoushiro was hit by a dilemma. Whether or not he chooses to help, not would determine his own future. Because he was set on getting revenge, he forgot to look at his own future with the people that decided to stick with him.

As such, Kyoushiro was unable to decided on what to do from this moment on.

While still wearing that sour face, Kyoushiro leaned and rest his back on the veranda's wall.

"Parallel world sucks, of all the chances, I'd see my face in this lifetime"

Seeing his own face on someone else's made Kyoushiro cringy about the whole theory of parallel worlds. After all, it was said in 1/100000000th chance, there was someone that looks like you in the universe; though in this case, a parallel one.

Moreover, that person was a Demon Lord, which made Kyoushiro nauseated from the fact that he too became a Demon Lord.

"Gaaah!! This whole mess makes me want to run away!! Haaaah....I wonder if Lucinda is awake...."

As Kyoushiro grumbles continued, he sighed and thought of contacting Lucinda. Though when he was about to do that, a knock came from his bedroom door.

"May I have a word with you, Black Hero-sama"

Eh? Who's that?- Kyoushiro thought as he doesn't recognized that voice at all. Although it was a woman's, he hasn't heard such voice in his life.

"Who're you? I can't say there should be people going to my room at this hour"

"Please.... even if its just a mere minute, I wish you to grant me it....I beg of you..."

With the voice sounded so desperate, Kyoushiro opens the door. He was still suspicious about who the person was so he put himself in alert at the moment.

But, as he opens the door, he saw someone he didn't expected....

"You're that guy's wife aren't ya?"

"Yes...."

In front of Kyoushiro was none other than Pernicious' wife, Raflesia Wildflower Calladium.

Wearing nothing but her night gown, she told before Kyoushiro with a crestfallen state.

Seeing her, Kyoushiro's brows twitched.

"The hell are you wearing? Is this some elf customs that you do when visiting someone else's room?"

"N-No.... t-this just...."

Raflesia's cheeks turned red as she tried to denied something. Kyoushiro took that in mind and took off his top shirt and gave it to Raflesia.

"Wear that, I'm not the type of guy to look at a married woman's body. I've got a wife myself so I'd seriously murder the guy who'd peek at my wife"

"T-Thank you very much... then"

"Yeah, come on in. It's late so make sure to speak quickly"

And so, Kyoushiro let Raflesia inside his room in order to hear what she had to say

4