Vol. 2 CH. 18 — Epilogue: The new beginning
358 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 CH. 18 Epilogue: The new beginning

 

PART #1

 

The sky was ever so clear that day that it was questionable whether it would even rain. The wind blew passed the meadows softly, brushing across the wheat fields in the farm lands. Between the fences that carefully placed around the wheat fields, a fine road stretched out everywhere.

 

Houses lined up and villagers peacefully go on with their days with a smile.

 

The trace of a barren wasteland has already faded away, replaced by a wide green plain as wide as the eye can see. Rivers flowed from outside the walls of the Ambrosia's capital city.

 

There was only a quiet land filled with nice people there. There were no monsters.

 

"Hey, did you hear? The human princess gave birth to a princess! An heir was born!"

 

A farmer, joyously told such news with a wide smile. He held his sickle and chopped the stalk bundles of wheat he had once planted. His fellow farmers did so as well in zeal.

 

"Which one?"

 

"Is it Queen Arianne?"

 

The farmers spoke about the would be wives of their king, Kyoushiro Kagami, the person that saved and improved their lives. There were rumors that Kyoushiro brought a princess from outside Ambrosia. Although they did got a glimpse of the rumored princess, they did not know if she was pregnant or not.

 

Well, the Queen of Ambrosia herself was with the rumored princess so the rumors about an heir being born was probably true.

 

The farmer shook his head left and right.

 

"It was Princess Lucinda... the next Queen of Travestin! Their heir has been born! And a cute one at that!!"

 

"You're speaking as though you've seen the child"

 

"Yeah, don't tell me you've actually seen the kid?"

 

"No, of course not. But Lord Kuro said it himself when he announced the news the other day"

 

"Heh.... Lord Kuro huh? That guy that personally serves Kyoushiro-sama.... I guess it is true"

 

"Of course it is!!"

 

Kuro, the general that serves Kyoushiro Kagami as his sword and shield, had publicly announced the birth of a new princess. It was rather sudden and the news actually gave everyone a surprise. After all, they didn't expected that the child would be born early. Moreover, it wasn't from Queen Arianne but from Princess Lucinda of the Travestin Kingdom.

 

Even with that however, everyone accepted. It was after all, from a woman that helped protect their home.

 

"Well, we get that, but will the new born princess be an heir to this kingdom or the other?"

 

That was one of the problem. But would brooding over it would get their job done? The farmers resume their work, leaving the other farmer that came with good news, by himself.

 

"No.... I'm sure that child will go to Travestin. She is the daughter of it's next Queen"

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, I didn't expected you to do this much. But was it alright?"

 

Back in Calladium, Kyoushiro and Koizumi both watched Pernicious get sentenced to death by beheading. They were watching the whole event, behind the large crowd at the center of the city. Princess Lydia was standing a few meters away from the guillotine where Pernicious was kneeling. Having no arms nor legs, he couldn't even struggle from his straps.

 

Today was Pernicious's execution. Granted and signed officially by Queen Elfianna herself. Kyoushiro, who was wearing his disguise, was looking at Pernicious's distorted frown from far away. But, even at that distance, he could still feel his rage.

 

It was Kyoushiro that promised to bring him back alive but he didn't say he would stop him from getting arrested for his crimes.

 

Kyoushiro made a shrug as Koizumi glanced at him worriedly.

 

"It's fine. I may have promised to bring him back alive, I didn't exactly promised that I'll stop Queen Elfianna from punishing Pernicious. I did what I was asked so there's no need for me to do anything anymore"

 

*Thwack!* The guillotine fell with a loud dull sound. Pernicious' wife screamed as she watched her husband get beheaded in front of her. Around her was their children but even them, couldn't show much emotion in this event.

 

Even Kyoushiro could sympathize with them but this is this and that is that.

 

As the event ends, the crowd dispersed. Slowly, the plaza became empty. Kyoushiro and Koizumi walked towards Pernicious's wife and children. Princess Lydia had properly gave her condolences so she already went back to her temporary estate. Tomorrow, she will depart to Yggdrasil later together with everybody else.

 

Minami and Katsuto were in charge of guarding her along the way so they weren't here anymore.

 

"Mother.... it is time, we need to put father's body to rest"

 

"......Yes"

 

Raflesia's son, Reaves, the eldest, helped his mother stand up. The basket that held the head of their dead father was wrapped in a tight embrace on Rafflesia's chest. Rafflesia answered feebly.

 

"We'll handle the rest here. I hope that you would let us do what we want with our father's corpse, Kagami-dono?"

 

"Yeah, do what you want"

 

Reaves quietly lowered his head and took his leave, passing by Kyoushiro's shoulder, albeit showing a very displeased face. Kyoushiro didn't showed an change in expression, his eyes looked straight. The rest of Reaves siblings followed after, leaving Rafflesia alone by the guillotine.

 

With three of them alone in the plaza, only a long pause permeates.

 

"I should have.... stopped him...."

 

While still kneeling, her head down, Rafflesia spoke sniffling.

 

"Even if you did, it wouldn't change. He chose this path. Even when knowing that he'll end up dead"

 

"Even so..... as his wife, I should have been..... I should have been the one that stopped him first!"

 

Rafflesia shouted. Because her husband was now dead, because all his sins had been passed down to his children, and because he chose a different ending, it was her fault for not changing his mind.

 

Rafflesia regretted for not being able to do anything.

 

"Before he was taken away.... He said that he didn't chose to get married... He... He said that I was just a convenient woman that he decided to marry because it was needed!! He didn't even say that he loved me.... he didn't say even until he was getting dragged to his death!!!"

 

After getting taken back to Calladium, Pernicious had a chance to talk with his family. However, despite having a heartfelt talk, Pernicious was stubborn. He rejected his family, scorned and threw them away. He thought nothing of them, just a convenient tool for his schemes.

 

Until the very end, he didn't utter a single word of love for his family. Only curses towards the one that captured him and foiled his plan.

 

Tears rolled down Rafflesia's eyes as she curls and held her body tightly. That small weak figure of hers was pitiful. Her cries and sobs made Koizumi want to lend her a shoulder. But this was not their role to do.

 

Because if they did, they would only make the widow suffer.

 

"Just..... Just why.... why did he have to go through with his revenge! We could have stayed as a family quietly in our home! We could have forget everything and just spend countless years together!"

 

"If he did that then it'll only prolonged the inevitable....."

 

"What....?"

 

Rafflesia's shoulder twitched as Kyoushiro spoke. His cold and blunt words caused her cries to stop momentarily, making her feel that there was but an autonomous monster behind her.

 

Kyoushiro won't stop. Even when Koizumi was glaring at him or even if someone pointed a sword to his throat.

 

"He'd be just escaping reality. In the end, even if he did acted like a normal husband, his anger and thirst for revenge would gnawed at him from the inside.....It'll just make him suffer"

 

Kyoushiro knows fully well what Pernicious wanted. Just like how Kyoushiro was so adamant in taking back everything his relatives took from him, just like how Pernicious suffered from the hands of the former queen and his mother..... The seething rage and never ending thirst to get back at those who wronged them was strong.

 

The only difference between Kyoushiro and Pernicious was their choice. Kyoushiro chose to get as strong as possible before exacting his revenge. He wouldn't drag innocent lives with his revenge and neither he would let anyone stop him.

 

If a hero did show up in front of him, Kyoushiro would undoubtedly murder him no questions asked. Unnecessary things should be dealt with before they turn into a complicated matter.

 

Unlike Pernicious, who despite having all the power in his hands, hesitated to murder his cousin, failed to use the full potential of Ernest Vern's mercenary and lost control of an allied Demon Lord.

 

No, Pernicious should have done this more earlier. No heroes, no monsters, no demon Lords. It would have been a success then if he had only done his plan years earlier.

 

"Elves has long lifespans. Unless they died from illnesses or murder, they'd live a long life. But that would only make it worse. Because there's no urgency, no time limit nor there was a chance of danger to his life, Pernicious became soft"

 

Pernicious was soft. As he lived longer and longer, he could stop himself from even thinking of settling down. He got married and had kids. Eventually, Hus family grew and his life became peaceful afterwards.

 

There was no rush, there was no enemy he needed to take care of immediately. Pernicious lost to his wavering heart. In the end, he chose wrongly.

 

"Because he knew heroes have been summoned and they were sent to Paracellumn. Pernicious got alarmed. He rushed things and lost control of everything. He may have used you to monitor our movements but didn't taken account of you turning on him"

 

"I didn't betray him!"

 

"So you say but in the end, Pernicious got what he wanted but still died. He could have done this more properly. If he didn't turn to love his family....."

 

"......."

 

Right, in the end, Pernicious turned to think about his family. Because he knew that he himself, he would die along with his crimes. There was no chance he would survive. That was why, before morning came, he asked Kyoushiro a favor.

 

Something that no one, not even the heroes or Queen Elfianna knows about.

 

He said "I'll have you pay for what you did to me. That's why, take care of my family, my wife....." With eyes filled with peace and fulfilment. It was as if he had achieved what he wanted for so long.

 

Kyoushiro has no idea as to why he asked him to tale care of Pernicious's family. But Kyoushiro realized that he thought greatly of his family. That's why, in the very end of his life, Pernicious played the villain.

 

"At the very end, he was a husband and a father....."

 

Either what Pernicious did was for himself or not, Kyoushiro had no idea. But as someone who would eventually meet the same end as him, Kyoushiro won't let his efforts go in vain.

 

Koizumi looked as though he understood what Kyoushiro have said. He closed his mouth and looked away. Rafflesia silently stood up. With her head lowered, she walked towards Kyoushiro and stopped at his chest.

 

Right after that, muffled sobs and moans could be heard.

 

"Right.... we're both of the same feather huh?" Kyoushiro thought, as he looked at the empty blue sky, with a soft breeze caressing the weeping widow; as if consoling her sadness....

 

 

 

PART #2

 

Queen Elfianna issued a renewal of Elder court elves. The old ones have perished when the [World Eater] went and wreck and everything in its path. The country itself suffered serious losses in terms of structural damage. There was also the countless deathcounts of the citizens thanks to event the other night.

 

Princess Lydia was asked to immediately ascend to the throne.

 

"No"

 

Kyoushiro's adamnt refuse echoed inside the large castle at the center of Yggdrasil, where the Spirit tree once stood. Kyoushiro, who actually made the whole thing, was invited to the ascendancy ceremony of Princess Lydia.

 

The reason for Kyoushiro's refusal was.....

 

"There is no way I'm going to be some king of this place"

 

With his arms crossed and his back turned, Kyoushiro refuses Princess Lydia's offer to make Kyoushiro the first human elf king. It was unprecedented and there are hundreds of complaints about this decision but Princess Lydia shot them all down.

 

Right now, Princess Lydia was not a high elf but a different kind of breed. It was Kyoushiro's skill that transformed her into an High Spirit Nymph.

 

"Eh? Why not?" Princess Lydia asked.

 

"Like hell I'd be one in the first place you idiot...."

 

There was no way a human can become a king of elves, much less someone that they three stones at. It would be a ridiculous situation. Even Kyoushiro was questioning Princess Lydia's decision.

 

"But no one object if you say that you're the one that saved everyone right?"

 

"You didn't see how they three stones at me didn't you? Even back in Calladium?"

 

Kyoushiro was hated. No because he did something but because he was something. Kyoushiro bare the colors of the Demon-Spawn. It was something that Kyoushiro had gotten used to but for someone that was born in the same race as the ones that hated people like him, Kyoushiro was rather take aback.

 

Is this girl an idiot?— Was what Kyoushiro's face was saying.

 

"You'll be the next Queen. All you have to do is make sure nothing bothers with my business here and we'll get along well. Why did you think I made thus whole place?"

 

"Eh? You were planning on living here?"

 

"No, I was thinking of making this place a terminal. A connection point between Yggdrasil and Ambrosia through my gate artifacts"

 

The whole castle was in a shape of a crown. It had crystal monoliths on top if its spires and a large space behind. Outside, right between the left and right walls was a large arch that had runes and circuit lines drawn on it.

 

It was the Entrance point of the [Gate] Kyoushiro made using the materials he requested from Elfianna. From there, Ambrosia will be able to send help easily.

 

"Heh~ That's amazing..... I didn't think you'd be able to make your artifacts since you're in a different country"

 

"We live in the same world.... there's bound to be some minerals that's like in Ambrosia's mines...."

 

Be it here or there, as long as Kyoushiro has the right materials, he could create the same things. The monolith crystals were created from condensed forms of crystal he rugged out from the large hole the [World Eater] left.  Since the hole actually stretches down near the mantle itself, it had a great amount of minerals stored in it.

 

Kyoushiro had to reburied the hole itself using the soil around it but due to that a large crater appeared in the center of the city. Unreasonable as it was, Kyoushiro had to erase a hill just to plug it up.

 

"Well in any case, I won't become a king. It's too troublesome"

 

Kyoushiro was already treated like a king in Ambrosia. The treatment itself was very annoying since he was being called "Black King!" and "Heroic Black King!!" everywhere he goes.

 

He was recognized as a king in a wasteland but outside he was a criminal and Demon-Spawn. If he were to get one more title, it'd be just an addition to his embarrassing nicknames.

 

There was no way he would let people call him "Elf King!!" and "Heroic Elf king!!" or "Great Emperor!" like what Koizumi teased him with. Seriously, it was one embarrassing nicknames one after the other.

 

As a grown man, those things were really just too much.

 

"I think it suits you though?"

 

"Right, as someone who has one Queen, one next Queen and one hero, that title suits you well"

 

Koizumi and Katsuto entered the room. For the most part, Kyoushiro was inside one of the rooms inside the giant castle. It was practically maintained by magic so there's no need to clean anything.

 

They were inside a room where the city was overlooked. Princess Lydia and Kyoushiro was having a peaceful afternoon tea while talking with bunch of nonsense that even Kyoushiro was glad that it got interrupted.

 

The two who just entered the room, brought along stragglers.

 

"This room should have been hard to find with all the countless ones inside this place..."

 

"A new issue of guild cards came in with a search function. I registered you as a contact so it came in handy"

 

"Those guys used my designs without consulting me huh? Should I charge them for plagiarism and suck their wallets dry?"

 

"I think you should consult with Queen Elfianna with that....."

 

Kyoushiro's battleships contained different kinds of artifacts. Among those was a small handheld device that can connect one person to another. Its functions was similar to that of a phone but, it had a limited range. It locks in on those who were registered as contacts and use that to pinpoint their locations as a safety precaution in case the person was in danger or the artifact was stolen.

 

To think that his artifact could be copied just like that, Kyoushiro underestimated this world's craftsmen...

 

Koizumi, who felt like Kyoushiro was serious in what he said, let the person concerned in the plagiary of Kyoushiro's artifacts, talk to him. Queen Elfianna was one of the stragglers behind Koizumi and Katsuto.

 

She walked towards him, who was seated in front of Lydia.

 

"I'll have their earnings deducted and give you 45% percent of the shares...."

 

"75% or nothing. I can still storm in on those guys and destroy those cards you know?"

 

"I wish that you'd rather not.....But I'll shall have them comply"

 

Queen Elfianna showed a wry smile as she sat down besides Princess Lydia, who was gladly drinking her tea and eating sweets.

 

"Hey Kagami, since you went and made this castle, are you staying here?"

 

It was then Minami asked Kyoushiro about his castle. Since she wasn't there when Kyoushiro told Princess Lydia why he made the castle, she didn't knew the purpose of it.

 

Kyoushiro let out a grunted sigh as he crossed his arms once more.

 

"I'm not staying. This is just a station where the [Gate] artifact connects to Ambrosia. Once I get the right staff for the job, it'll be a terminal if exchange between this one and the other"

 

"Heh~ I didn't know that you can make an artifact like that?"

 

"It depends on the materials. It's fortunate that I got hold of good raw materials after that whole scuffle"

 

"Should we be worried that it might be used for war between races?" Queen Elfianna asked, worried about the gate's usage can be misused by the wrong person. Since it can be use to shorten the distance of such as Ambrosia and Paracellumn, the [Gate] artifact might get used for some other purpose like war.

 

Moreover, it was rather amazing that such artifact can be made by someone like Kyoushiro. Since the fundamental laws of physics on earth were different in this world that it cannot be used, it was surprising that a portal can be made.

 

"I didn't know you had such thing in the first place" Queen Elfianna added.

 

"I made it since I was told that there's monsters everywhere in this world. Aside from the wasteland, that was maintained by the citizens there, most of the places in this world is infested with monsters"

 

That's one of the problems of this world. It has too many monsters roaming around the place. The wasteland was infested once but because there was the people living there treating them like cattle, the numbers of monsters there thinned out neatly.

 

Kyoushiro experienced fighting monsters in the outskirts of Travestin's capital city, as well as on the way to Ambrosia. Surprisingly, the amount of times he had encountered monsters up to now was high. Either he was cursed with bad luck or trouble just seemed to find him rather easily, there seems no time when Kyoushiro had to fight monsters.

 

"Well, the Demon God is active for most the years but for some reason, she hasn't appeared yet. The last time we heard of him was when you were trapped in that place" Durif said, telling Kyoushiro about the reason why monsters are rampant everywhere.

 

In the past, after the new born demon lords came, monsters begun to reproduce rapidly. Probably it was due to the 9th Demon Lord's doing or it was the Demon God's doing. Either way, monsters seems to pop-up everywhere.

 

What's more, unmaintained dungeons can sometimes let monsters out from inside it. Monsters from dungeons tend to multiply rapidly compared to the ones outside. That's why, there are times when a flood of monsters occurs every once in a while.

 

"Wait, I didn't know that"

 

"You wouldn't since you weren't really active like everyone else right? Aside from you, all of us went from dungeon to dungeon to level up" Katsuto shrugged, making a point that Kyoushiro didn't experienced diving into dungeons and clearing them one after the other.

 

"The last time you were in a dungeon was when you rescued us right?"

 

"Yeah....."

 

That was Kyoushiro's first and last time entering the dungeon. Although bringing that up causes some unpleasant memories to come back, Kyoushiro merely signed as though saying "It's been that long huh?"

 

"In any case, this place we'll be transport point of trade goods. I'll have some elves work outside and have my side conduct some trade. If problems comes up, I'll have the princess deal with it"

 

Kyoushiro gave Princess Lydia a glance. The princess showed a happy smile, thinking that she might be helpful to Kyoushiro's work.

 

"I'll do my best!"

 

"You should though....."

 

Queen Elfianna looked exasperated for some reason. Did Princess Lydia do something that caused the Queen to sigh like that? She even looked troubled.....

 

Kyoushiro could only sympathize since he knows fully well how a handful was Princess Lydia.

 

"So? What are you guys doing here?" Kyoushiro now turned to Koizumi and the others.

 

"Me and Katsuto will be heading back to Oceanus.... But we'll stick around since walking from here to there will be impossible. Care to lend us a magic airship?"

 

"I'm heading there too anyway so just join us. I only made this [Gate] prior to my promise with Edsel"

 

Kyoushiro made a promise to Edsel that he'd take them to Ambrosia for the sake of their safety and livelihood. Since Ambrosia doesn't discriminate other races, they'll be able to live there peacefully.

 

Edsel was inside the room as well, Dahlia however, seemed to be playing outside with Pernicious' daughter. It seems that Dahlia grew found of them after being left to their care when Kyoushiro and the others came to Queen Elfianna's safety.

 

"Thank you very much, Kyou-san. I am truly in your debt, for saving my life and my daughter's"

 

"Don't worry about it. Once the gate is open, I'll have Arianne make some space for you guys in the castle. My place is much farther away so I can't have you guys live there...."

 

"Right, your house is the tallest tower there huh?" Minami remembered the ridiculous tall tower that Kyoushiro used as his home. It was a few kilometers away from the main castle and acts as the scout tower in case an invasion force comes.

 

Well, depending on the situation, it was meant to act as the last line of defense with it's mechanical magic guards hidden inside the forest around it.

 

Upon hearing that they'll be living in a castle along with it's queen, Edsel was surprised.

 

"I-In the castle?! B-But the royal there is..."

 

"It's just Arianne and some staffs. No one actually lives there besides them. Even Arianne prefers sleeping in one of my tower's rooms because the castle was too big for one person"

 

Kyoushiro doesn't know about the times when Arianne snucks in his room for some nightly service without his consent. The reason why Kyoushiro doesn't know was because he was often under a sleep spell, causing him to ignore Arianne's dirty deeds.

 

Her staying in the same tower was because Arianne wants to be close as possible to Kyoushiro so having no other choice, Kyoushiro had to make a portal from his tower to the main castle.

 

Well the staff there didn't mind and there wasn't much nobles that lives there anyway. So managing everything fell on both Arianne's and Kuro's hands.

 

"She won't mind, don't worry. She may be a bit screw loose but she isn't a horrible person"

 

"I can't believed that you just insulted a Queen like that....."

 

"It is Kagami after all so it doesn't matter"

 

Minami and Koizumi both shrugged their shoulders over Kyoushiro's indifferent words towards Arianne. Since both of the have grown to know what kind of person Kyoushiro was, they already know that Kyoushiro's rough words were meant to compliment someone.

 

If he truly hates someone, he wouldn't even bat an eye to their direction.

 

"Is it.... really alright? For me and my daughter to live there?"

 

"It's fine. There is a pair of twins there that sometimes gets on my nerves so Dahlia will have fun there"

 

"I am very worried about what you've just said...."

 

"Don't worry, they're good kids. The only problem is that they are very annoying"

 

The two fox maids that works under Kuro's jurisdiction. They are a pair of wild kids that are very competent in their skills as bodyguards. Kyoushiro had a hard time dealing with them when he was still training them so he doesn't like spending his time with them.

 

Of course, they meant no harm. They are still kids despite their skills in assassination being qualified as high class. Right, those two meant no harm.... Probably—was what Kyoushiro was hoping deep inside his heart.

 

Suddenly, a soothing sound of church bells rang. Hearing that, Kyoushiro stood up....

 

"Looks like the [Gate] is fully charge. The other side is opening the [Gate]"

 

In front everyone's worried expressions, Kyoushiro quickly lead everyone to the back of the castle....

 

 

 

 

 

The arc shined with its runes and circuit lines dazzling in brilliant colors of lights. As the light gathers at the center of the arc, a ripple of light suddenly change the blank white glow into a mirror of a different world.

 

No, it was the location where transport magic vehicles were kept in ready. A dark bearded dwarf suddenly stepped out of the gate.

 

"Looks like this ridiculous thing worked after all. I thought it wouldn't work since it was the Black Hero made it....." The dwarf exclaimed as he scanned the other side of the [Gate].

 

But...

 

"What's that about me again? Old man?"

 

Kyoushiro was standing in wait on the other side. Queen Elfianna, the three heroes, Edsel, Princess Lydia and Durif was standing behind him, with faces struck with awe.

 

The dwarf laughs nervously. He didn't think his boss would be there waiting on the other side.

 

"I-It was nothing! A-Anyways, since this place got connected, does that mean we'll officially do business in this place?"

 

"Yeah, something like that. There are still somethings I need to do before that but...."

 

Kyoushiro ignored the dwarf's desperate choice of words to change the flow of the talk. Kyoushiro then walked towards the portal and lead everyone in front of it.

 

"Something wrong boss?"

 

"No.... well, I didn't think that my golems would continue their functions. The whole place looks different from how I remembered"

 

Kyoushiro was standing in front of the gate like everyone. The other side showed a different look than how he remembered. The magic golems he made were ordered to prioritize the repairs for the whole ruins of Ambrosia. Just that, the grey metallic walls and the advance holographic billboards wasn't there when he left.

 

It may have been a short of a month or it might have been a month and a half but there was no trace of fantasy left in Ambrosia.

 

"Well, wasn't it you that programmed them that way?" The dwarf scoffed at Kyoushiro.

 

"I did but I didn't expected this. I'll have to fix their magic inscriptions later. I'll have them work here since they've reach phase 4's completion"

 

"Ah.... this place is really behind the times isn't it?"

 

Kyoushiro and the dwarf were talking to each other like it was only the two of them there. The people who were looking at the other side of the portal were all in awe with the advance machineries and towering buildings.

 

Aside from Koizumi, Katsuto and Minami, were all born from earth and experienced all it's great advancements, Queen Elfianna, Princess Lydia and Durif were taken aback by the sheer magnitude between their country and Ambrosia.

 

Just like what the dwarf said, they were behind the times. Too behind in terms of technological advancement.

 

Large wheelless trucks and cars, holographic signposts and even large metal structures. Compared to Yggdrasil, who just got wrecked by the [World Eater], Ambrosia was leaps and bounds away from them. It was like seeing a dream of a future.

 

Princess Lydia as well as Edsel, who haven't seen Ambrosia for themselves, were stunned by the amazing futuristic world before them.

 

"Amazing.... carriages are flying around...."

 

"Those tall structures.... they are so big, it's like they can't be felled by anything..."

 

"Yeah.... as expected, Kagami went all out huh? He actually recreated earth's technologies in this world like it's nothing...."

 

Koizumi couldn't seem to end his impressed words at the place Kyoushiro rebuilt from nothing. It was like seeing earth right before their eyes. Since he too have played in one of the casinos there, he just know that there's so much compared to other countries.

 

They even have their own protective barrier as well as long distance transportation such as [Gate] and Magic Trains.

 

Whether this was a good sign that Ambrosia became an impenetrable fortress or it was the start of a new era, Koizumi was sure that Kyoushiro will end up starting something.

 

Just as Koizumi came back to reality, a loud honk from a truck coming forward, caused them to step back.

 

It was a truck, wheelless at that. Moreover, the container behind it was long. It was more like earth's future than its current era that was recreated. The truck passed by everyone as the went slowly towards the open parking space.

 

"Looks like you've brought all the items just as planned?"

 

Koizumi heard something ominous over Kyoushiro's direction.

 

"Aye Boss! Just as you've ordered. All the necessary equipment to make a hospital, a market and a telecommunications buildings are packed inside the trucks. Will we use the golems for this?"

 

"That's right. This place is totally wrecked. To the point that my crash landing did nothing at all. Have the Alchemists in the research department to come here and take samples of the fauna and flora. I'll try and recreate this forest on our wasteland"

 

"Roger that boss! I'll have those damn skinny elves on our side work to the bone!" The dwarf replied energetically, ignoring the dreadful expressions the three heroes were making.

 

Nononononono! This guys is attempting to alter the world's natural order!— Was their pale faces were making.

 

On the outside, Kyoushiro was a horrid guy with an awful personality that would take advantage of a situation if he needs to. In the inside however, he was worst than that. Because he wants to make things more easier for him to live, he was forcing things to advance in a pace that was would most likely end in a way more horrible than he would think.

 

It was scary to think that someone like Kyoushiro, who didn't standout in their world could create such things without even thinking about the consequences.

 

If this was a new beginning please stop him— Such wish left unsaid as the three heroes quickly ran towards Kyoushiro and pinned him down.

 

"W-What the hell are you three doing!!?"

 

"You'll destroy this world at this rate!! Stop developing this world at a fast pace!!"

 

"You'll end up killing everyone with your technology stupid!!"

 

"T-There is no way I'll let you ruin the fantasy world that I like with your SciFi genre you demon lord!!"

 

With the sight of a hero/Demon Lord getting dog pilled like that, everyone was making faces as though they had seen something they were not supposed to. In the end, the three got on hit on their heads as punishment for dog piling on Kyoushiro.

 

Queen Elfianna asked that Kyoushiro should slow down with his advance technologies for now, Princess Lydia asked Kyoushiro whether or not it was possible for him to reach the stars if he wanted to but only to get scolded by Edsel saying "There is no need to go that far is there?" while making an exasperated face.

 

In the end, Kyoushiro would only build a medical camp for the injured civilians and would donate as much as relief good as possible. He promised not to tamper much with nature since it was within the elven law.

 

And, as the sun was about to set and Kyoushiro was about to take Edsel and Dahlia to Ambrosia, the dwarf told Kyoushiro something that greatly shook his being....

 

"Oh right, congrats on the kid boss! I heard the Queen gave birth!"

 

"Eh?"

 

It went to say that before Kyoushiro went back to Ambrosia, a loud thunder echoed around the center of the city....

 

The Black Hero's new beginning ended with something really shocking.....

5