Page: One – The Beginning of a Story
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     In a village where children didn't run around, playing and shouting... In a village where womans didn't gossip... In a village where no one smiled... the strange man appeared.
     'Ting-ting' the sound of bells suddenly rang and a strange man appeared right in the middle of the village. The strange man took off his pure white coat, he looked towards the banyan tree then bowed his head and sat on its lap. He shouted "Hey, I'm going to tell you all an interesting story, it's a story about friendship, brotherhood, love, and other interesting things." The villagers immediately gathered around the man out of curiosity, after 100 villagers gathered around him the strange man took out a very large and thick book ‘Fate’ that’s what its said on the cover, then he started reading the book "Page: One - The Beginning of a Story...

|

On a beautiful day in a far away place, there once lived a happy family... the family consisted of a father, a mother, and their two children... their first child was a beautiful and kind girl named Septiani Mulya Ningsih and their second child named Arjun Nugroho, he was a man who was not very handsome but a genius and he was an adopted child... Arjun was adopted by the Mulya family after his entire family became the victim of a fire which was accidentally witnessed by Septi. Septi, who saw Arjun still breathe his breath, writes on a piece of paper a sentence... "Please, save him" and whether it by miracle or by the blessing of God, Arjun survived as it was written in the piece of paper and since then he has been raised into the Mulya family. Even though Arjun was an adopted child they treated Arjun very well like their own child, Septi also treated Arjun well as his big Sister, so did Arjun. For him, his two new Parents and his new Sister were his life saving angels.

|
Time has passed. Now Septi and Arjun have entered the second grade of high school and they will hold a Study Tour to Borobudur Temple. Arriving at Borobudur Temple, Arjun was very excited and immediately wandered around. "Hey, don't be too excited, you'll become a bolang (bocah hilang/lost child)" Septi said because she was upset seeing Arjun's behavior. "Behhh, it’s not funny. You really don’t know the time and place for a joke, Septi" Arjun replied, "What do you mean by that? Of course i know the place, this is Borobudur Temple" Septi replied to the statement Arjun made and Arjun could only be silent because his Sister’s answer was not wrong either. For the purpose of evading embarrassment, Arjun use his defense mechanism which is immediately shouted "Anyway, lets go in!” and immediately ran into the temple alone. Septi immediately chased him but due to the size of the temple which was very larges she just ran into random direction until she finally found Arjun. "OH MY GOD! Just how much is your stamina that you could easily sprint to here?" Septi said while kneeling down since she was exhausted, "Well fortunately you could chase me. So, do you know how to get out of here, Sis?” Arjun ask Septi, "Huh? I don’t know, I mean I just followed you here so how could I- AAAAAA! I forgot that you are blind if it’s a matter of map nor location!" Septi panicked “Wait, since that’s an national level threat so our Parents must has give you a map, right?” She continues while calming herself down, "Of course! Why are you always becoming such a burden, Septi " Arjun replied with a little smirk on his face that immediately gone as his word is leaving his mouth “Right! You are not the only burden one, the map too! So, I left it on the bus” “You damned simple minded genius!” Septi replied while using [Asian Woman secret technique: Smack the B].

|

They just kept walking straight because they didn't know the direction of the road but then a bright light was suddenly seen emitting far away from doorlike thing "Finally I can go home HAHAHA" Septi said excitedly, then Septi and Arjun immediately rushed to the source of the light and how surprised they were because it was not a way to get out of the temple but a way to another world.

It’s hard to describe. That place has many unique and fascinating species that go beyond human understanding! The plants that grow there are dancing beautifully as they spread the scent of the chariot. The breeze felt gentle, produced by some dragons flying in groups, while a hurricane wind surrounded from this edge to that edge of a lake and going circled on the lake to create a rainbow. The sun sings a lullaby to the moon while the fairies kiss the foreheads of every tree and flower there is. That’s how beautiful the other world is.

But suddenly there was a watch flying towards the direction of Arjun and that watch is immediately wrapped around his wrist without Arjun consent and there is a Giant Octopus flying towards Septi and releasing its white ink, making Septi's beautiful black hair transform into snowlike pure white.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA WAKOAKWAOWAK UHUKKHUHK SHE BECOMES A GRANDMA AGHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Arjun laugh like a madman! Septi immediately hit Arjun’s head "What are you laughing at? Don’t you think that it’s better for you to use that genius head of yours to solve the question “why is there a portal to another world in this temple?” since I don’t remove that head from your body, yet?!”  Septi said with anger. Not long after, a madman laugh was roaring once again "HAHAHAHA SHE GETTING POOPED ON BY AN OCTOPUS", Septi immediately hit Arjun again "WHAT? It's NOT ME!" Arjun shouted, "It’s just the two of us, who else could it be? Any last wish?!" Septi said calmly with scary face while heating up her fist.

"Ahh maybe it's me the Watch System" said the Watch in Arjun's hand. "Woooaaahhh, what is this? So Coooooollll!” Arjun said with sparkling eyes, "Hohoho, isn’t that obvious? Of course because it is I, the Watch System" said the Watch. "Sis, you bring a screwdriver? I want to dissect this Watch and experimenting on it, hehe" said Arjun to Septi "AHHHH FORGIVE ME! MOTHER HELLPPP, WHY IS IT MUST BE A PSYCHO!?" the Watch then cried out loud while begging for his life. "Ohh sorry about that, Mr. Watch. You see, he is a person who is very curious because he is a *cough* self proclaimed *cough* genius" Septi said to comfort the scared watch, "Hey, do you think that I cant see that word you said between the enormous cough you have?” Arjun replied to Septi angrily.

|

"Let me introduce myself, my name is System. I am an advanced watch created by &@*?, I have a special ability that is travelling in the flow of time. Which means I can take my master to the past or even future" System said very proudly. "It's not relevant. Don’t you think it’s a little… well, not a little. Don’t you think it’s a lot cringe to suddenly introducing yourself when no one asked?" Arjun said and the System could only smile and questioning his whole existence and his sins in past life to get a master like this.

"Arjun. If you can really go back in time, doesn’t that mean you could meet your idol Albert Einstein?" Septi ask with curiousity in her face. "I don't know sis, I'm not sure... it's not a matter of whether or not you can go back in time but what will happen later. It could create a new timeline… a new branch! And the worst case is, it could trigger the butterfly effect" Arjun replied with hesitate. "Huh? Ehh... as I thought" Septi replied with her hand in her chin so that she looks smart. "Just say you don't understand" Arjun said. The System finally finished his ironical life questioning session and joining the conversation "You don't have to worry because you are the Child of Time, if you want to go back in time without changing the time's flow just think about it and it shall not changes."

Without hesitation, Arjun looked at Septi and hold her hand with his right hand while his left hand is on his back “To 1922, shall we?”

|

There was a clockwork in the sky, the clock hand inside of it continued to rewind itself going counter clockwise at the speed of light! 2019-2018-2017----2006--------1945-------1922. They has finally arrived at the years of 1922  

"What the ... nothing has changed!"

"Hahaha, this is the other world and the time that Master rewind is the time of your world, you only need to go out through the door where you entered to see the changes" System replied with excitement that he can finally go on adventures! Arjun and Septi came out, how surprised they were to see a terrible thing!

Right outside of the Borobudur Temple it’s just a flood of foreigner as if there is no native Indonesian except they are being tortured. The man are being used as a work slave, some of them get killed for fun and amusement, some of them died by starveness, most of them were brutally treated like a rabid dog on a park. The woman they use as a sex slave, an item with the only use to satisfy those barbaric man! There is no need for the woman consent, even if it’s broad day light

"Hey, System what the hell is this?" Arjun asked with enormous panic expression on his face and yet "Master please calm down, you are the Child of Time. You can manipulate time but not spatial and place. Because of that, indeed you went back in time to 1922 but it simply is not on another country but on your beloved Indonesia" System answered with a simple and emotionless answer. What do you expect? Right now he is only a System, the tool of God. Suddenly the sky cracked and from the crack came out many creature like the Grim Reaper. It’s figure indeed like a Grim Reaper but there is a clock chained from Its neck to Its chest, Its body also something like a spider from horrifying horror movie that made the creature crawl upside-down. "What is that, System?” "Ahh, they are the Time Keepers, their job is to stop someone from changing the flow of time" once again, System answered it with a monotone tune as if he’s only a heartless robot. "But didn’t you just said that I could go back in time without changing the flow of it if I simply am wishes for it?" Arjun is going insane! Even for a genius like him it’s impossible to keep his head cool in this situation. "Yeah right, you are the Child of Time. Even if you dare to change the flow of time they will not dare to question nor oppose your decision and indeed you did not change the flow of time but you forget one thing… you didn’t come here alone. Your sister is not the Child of Tome that's why the Time Keepers are trying to kill her to keep the timeline. To make it simple since you are still not in the right mind, it is as simple as ‘your sister is anomaly,  guess she need to die’" System answered with smile, showing off his cool headness.

"Hurry, return us back to the time before all of this!" Arjun shouted from his lungs. Once again, the marvelous phenomena descent to earth. That clockwork in the sky… the clock hand inside of it continued to fast-forward, this time going clockwise at the speed of light!  And finally, home sweet home! However... the Indonesia in front of them was much different and again the Time Keepers appeared "It's useless, Master. They will continue to pursue your sister to maintain the timeline, my suggestion is to simply hand over your sister to them and you can live quietly again as usual. You know, your old normal life. Don’t worry  though, even if your Sister is died, the Universe will create another Septi to accompany you and once again you will be all happy and joyous with two caring parents and a beautiful yet kind big sister" System suggest and hoping with that persuation all of this mind bending situation would be cleared of. "Hand over my Sister? Live quietly and normal as usual? HOW CAN I LIVE A NORMAL LIFE IF I LET MY SISTER GET KILLED! HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT TO MY FATHER AND MOTHER HAHH?!" Arjun finally lost it and put all the blame on System. "No... what System said is right, the flow of time changed because of me so I should be the one responsible" Septi voice is dancing as the whisper goes from Arjun’s ear to his soul, with a little whisper and a warm hug, she manages to taming the storm inside Arjun’s head. "NO! NO WAY… NO WAY— No way I could let that happen! System, returns time to the time when Indonesia had not yet embraced Hindu-Buddhism!" Arjun finally cool his head! What could it be? The reason of the second time rewind, it must be something that beyond human understanding, right? Now, time to see what the genius Arjun do, shall we?


|

Arjun and Septi appeared in the midst of the society, the surprised villager thought Arjun and Septi were gods and goddesses who came down, descent to earth as an answer of their prays. The villager immediately takes good care of them, they are treated as king of the king! They were given treasures, authority, thrones and many other valuable items and one of the valuable items given was the bell of two twin dragons which was said to bring good luck to its owner, each of them was given one bell of two twin dragons. But, even though they were adored they were not happy because it was not what they after, it’s just a matter of time for those Time Keepers found them and the worst was Arjun… he never showed an expression on his face anymore as if he really is admitting his divinity and become nothing but emotionless God. "Jun… Arjun, don't blame yourself. This is all my fault, if only I had not proposed you the idea of meeting Albert Einstein, all of this this would not have happened" Septi said to comfort Arjun. "Yeah… that’s right! You are right! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF ONLY YOU HADN'T PROPOSED THAT IDEA THEN NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. I WOULD HAVE LIVED AS AN ORDINARY MAN, GOTTEN MARRIED, HAD TWO CHILDREN, AND LIVED LIKE ANY OTHER ORDINARY PERSON! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU...” Arjun shouted, "Wait a minute, aren’t you supposed to be the main character? Then you should be like ‘oh no, you are wrong, this is all my fault!’ and blaming yourself. Why are you not following the conventional script?!" Septi replied jokingly but before she can even laugh Arjun slap her right on her face and told the villagers to exile Her in a far away forest. 

"I supposed you didn’t lie, correct?" Arjun whispered, "Yes Master, how could I dare to lie. There are only two ways to restore the flow of time, namely killing the destroyer of the flow of time and the other is to kill the Child of Time, forcing the flow of time to goes back to its original form, the time before the Child of Time was born. But, the Child of Time is immortal, if the Child of Time is injured he will return to the condition one second before the injury. As long there is time, exploded head or destroyed heart wouldn’t enough to kill you and the only thing that can kill the Child of Time is the law power bestowed to the Child of Fate.  That white hair due Fate Octopus ink and the [Pen of Wisher] was indeed no others but the characteristics of Child of Fate" System replied.

The next day, Arjun tells 2 villagers to spread rumors that anyone who kills Septi will receive a blessing from Arjun and of course all the villagers are eager to hunt down Septi. Septi who also hears the rumors feels upset and wants to kill Arjun but suddenly Arjun appears in front of Septi "Sister, listen to my words. I am Arjun from the future and in the future you will die in a strange way, there are no villagers who dare to claim have killed you that's why please kill myself from this time with that pen of yours because it is the only way to restore the flow of time without killing you." Septi questioned "Why do I have to kill Arjun? " and so she asked, "Because if you kill myself from this time then the flow of time will return to normal" he replied "Yes I know that but what I'm asking is why do I have to kill my own brother-” "It's for your own good" he interferes Septi without waiting her to finish her sentence. "Alright" Septi answered with clear eyes filled by ambition, by seeing that the future Arjun felt relieve and then Arjun decides to returned to the future. By the time that Arjun return to the future, Septi killed herself.

Arjun’s dragon bell is ringing crazily which made Arjun worried “There is no way those villagers could kill Septi, right?” he ask himself. Arjun cant maintain his calmness and it doesn’t take long, soon Arjun appeared in front of Septi "W-What happened?" Arjun said, then Arjun asked each villagers if they killed Septi and the answer of them is the same… all of them said “No, I didn’t manage to kill her” strange… how is Septi supposed to be dead when the villagers did not admit that they killed Septi "System, returned me to 1 day ago" Arjun said with a trembling hand. Arjun rushes to the forest and met with Septi, he feels so relieve and give a message to her "Sister, listen to my words. I am Arjun from the future and in the future you will die in a strange way, there are no villagers who dare to claim have killed you that's why please kill myself from this time with that pen of yours because it is the only way to restore the flow of time without killing you." Septi questioned "Why do I have to kill Arjun? " and so she asked, "Because if you kill myself from this time then the flow of time will return to normal" he replied "Yes I know that but what I'm asking is why do I have to kill my own brother-” "It's for your own good" He interferes Septi without waiting her to finish her sentence. "Alright" Septi answered with clear eyes filled by ambition, by seeing that Arjun feel relieved and then Arjun decides to returned to the future but in the future Septi was still dead, Arjun rushed back to the past and what a magnificent scene he saw! Septi, his beloved Sister is killing herself with her favourite pen! Everyone could tell that is a scary way to death by the way Septi is twisting her body like a snake to manage the hurtful death, her hands kept holding her throat and sometimes a little desperate cough could be heared and no matter how strong willed you are, in front of death you are nothing. Septi didn’t want to die! She scared and keep shouting for help but nothing could get out from his pierced throat except for blood. Will she die in such horrifying state… alone in a forest? "What-  ..So this is all my fault?" Arjun lost it… he finally kneeling down before the cruelty of the world. But, he is the main character, how could he let his sister died like that, correct? …Right? Arjun rushed to check on Septi's condition but Arjun immediately went back to the future because it is another Arjun time to witnesses that horrifying scene.

In the future Arjun could only cry or he chose to only cry, since no matter how much he kill himself, punch his face, bite his tongue… all of it… just came back to normal.

"HEY, DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY HAH? GOD, DEMON, ALIEN, OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS THE ONE ABOVE THERE! DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY? FIRST, YOU TOOK AWAY MY BIOLOGICAL FAMILY BY FIRE! SECOND, YOU MADE ME LOSE THE SISTER I LOVE? DO YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY? DO YOU THINK I'M JUST A CLOWN DANCING AND PERFORMING IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND?" 

"System is there any way to save my sister?" Arjun immediately cool his head. "Going back to a time before this universe was created is the only way but she is the Child of Fate, she can't just be born as your sister. There is only a 0.00000000000000001% chance she will be born as the sister you loved and for you to also to not changes the flow of time in that timeline. So, all you can do is really just stand still where you stand and wait over millions… billions of years... just wait and not make any contact" finally, System answered Arjun question with worriness in his word but Arjun didn’t care at all, "System, rewind the time to the time when the universe was first created" Arjun said. "Huh? Back to the Big Bang? Are you crazy, Master? Even if you are immortal you can still feel pain and you know that the chance of the Child of Fate appearing again in that timeline will be very small and if you go back in time to before the creation of the universe you will receive God's punishment!" and also for the first time, System dare to oppose Arjun and so do Arjun "You are just a system that stores my power so shut your mouth and carry out my orders" Arjun finally accepted his destiny. He is the Child Of Time, as long there is time no one shall stand against him, even for the God himself. Then, clockwork appeared in the middle of the sky with its hand ready to goes back in time. Arjun took Septi's twin dragon bells and tied the two twin dragon bells to his waist and returned to the time before the Big Bang occurred... “[Rewind the Time!]”

|

Feeling the famous big explosion in its prime form... witnessing the magical creation of universe… waiting on a planet that’s still as hot as the sun or even more... and not allowed to make any contact... no sight… no sound… no touch… “How long has it been? What am I doing? What am I waiting? Why am I even doing it on the first place?” all of that insanity started to ruin his believe yet he shall not giving up neither kneel. That’s the destiny he need to took, for him and for the little girl that he cant remember.

But, one day he made a contact, there was a boy who seemed to have just stepped on his second grade kicked Arjun because he thought Arjun was a statue and beside him there is a girl who is no other but Septi... Arjun immediately hugged her happily and whisper in her ears

"Thanks God, please not again! I'm tired of playing Time's hide and seek game, I'm tired of laughing when i'm feeling blue nor of crying when I'm finally happy... It's all because of you, you have tamed my heart that i would be more than happy if i could trade 100 wishes by the stars into 1... to be with you, to be with you a little bit more... a little bit longer, just a little bit more time even if it's only to say the words good bye" 

But in the middle of his happines, the boy which is no other than Arjun himself in the past threw a stone towards Arjun "Let go of my sister, you Monster!" he shouted while kept throwing stone towards Arjun, acting all high and mighty even when he feels fear and horror yet he still do it for his sister even if it means holding his tear. And so, Arjun released Septi… he took a glance at the both of them and then smiled. "System, is myself from this timeline is also the Child of Time?" Arjun asked with a small gentle voice, "Hmm, there's only one child in every timeline and the Child of the previous generation which is you has not died or moved to his primordial form, so he is not the Child of Time." System answered. Arjun approach them and give a little pat on the head to them. “Good then, listen here System. From today onwards this little Arjun gonna be your Master, he isn’t the Child of Time so I hope he doesn’t get any of those annoying trouble so I guess it’s okay for you to atleast help him in history subject, correct?” after Arjun said that, the Fate Octopus flies towards him and then kneeling down. With the consent of Arjun, the Fate Octopus sprays the White Ink which make Arjun’s hair turned white. Those hair and those pair of eyes emitting light that could go through even the blackest ink. “This cant be… white hair, clock shaped and square shaped pupils?! How is it the three alpha bestowed to one?” the System panicked and his screen kept saying “errors” but before that, there is one thing appeared on the system screen “STOP &@*? HE 1< &^##@! PLEA** BBBBD”

The tremendous sky is shaking by a voice that was suddenly heard “Child of Three, you have go beyond the limitations for the world to comprehend by giving its past form to the line of thee time to the point before the creation. With this, I hereby declare you have done something wrong and I approve the wrongdoing as a major Child of Law case. The punishment shall be bestowed to you, you shall give the best ending to every story there is in the entire universe of 3000 worlds and 3 realms”


|

“Ahh… the punishment is pretty annoying, but sure. I’ll go. Wait a minute, Jun remember my words, take good care of your sister, okay? And I hope you two live happily in marriage, hahaha,” that word of Arjun made the two siblings blushed for different reasons. “Is this okay for you, Master? You have endured all that pain but you just let her go like that? Don’t you want to be a family with her?” System asked out of curiosity. “Yes, it is okay, after all, my sister only like cool people and snatching others happiness for my own isn’t something that cool people would, isn’t it? Fuck that Child of Time or Child of Law thing, I can't get anything just because i want it, I mean I'm only human after all” after answered System question, a big light forming a doorlike form was create out of thin air in front of Arjun.

“My story is just the beginning of another story, maybe there are millions, trillions or even quadrillions other stories created based on my story, I cant wait to tell all those stories. Anywho, it’s just the beginning of a story. Adieu” Arjun jumped and enter the door and move to another universe to serve his sentence. And with that, Page: One – The beginning of a Story is finished.”

The villagers who heard the story clapped and cheered… somehow, smiles is began to appear once again in this god forsaken village.

0