Chapter 2 – Loneliness
204 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been one day since Doretta stayed at Valentina’s house. All Doretta had received as orders was cooking, cleaning or tidying up the place. It had not been easy to work with her injured leg. Fortunately, Valentina eventually decided to treat her leg yesterday so she wouldn’t die from blood loss. This morning, Valentina dictated her to cook some French toasts. She whisked the eggs, milk and cinnamon. She put in some orange zest into the bowl. Doretta then soaked the bread in the egg mixture. Next, she fried the bread slices. After Doretta eventually finished cooking, a few knocks on the front door were heard.  

“Who is it?” Valentina asked.  

“It’s me, Teal,” a voice replied. 

“One minute.” 

Valentina pulled Doretta’s wrist and took her to the bedroom. “Stay quiet here or I’ll punch you,” Valentina threatened. Doretta stayed silent. Valentina then locked the bedroom door. Valentina came to the front door and open it. There stood a Wolfkin man with gray hair and fur. 

“Hey pal how are you doing?” Teal questioned. 

“I’m great. How about you? Anything happened lately? You haven’t been home for the last few days,” Valentina responded. 

“That’s because I went to Catkin City for vacation.  Here, I bought you a gift,” Teal said as he handed over a plastic bag. Valentina took the plastic bag from his hand. 

“Whoa, they are aromatic candles. These are nice. Thank you so much!” 

“You’re welcome.” 

“Have you eaten breakfast? I have some French toasts.” 

In the meantime, Doretta investigated the bedroom. She knew that she could probably get scolded by doing random unsolicited stuffs, but she also thought it wouldn’t matter if she didn’t get caught. She saw some photographs on the table. There was a Wolfkin man with gray hair and fur and Valentina in the pictures. There were so many photos on the table. The man in the pictures seemed close with Valentina. Perhaps he was her lover or something. 

In the dining room, Teal and Valentina were sitting and eating French toasts together. They sometimes chatted while eating. Then Valentina tried to say something important. 

“Actually, I need to tell you something,” Valentina uttered. 

“What is it?” asked Teal. 

“I like you, Teal. Like I’ve had a crush on you for a long time.” 

Teal was taken aback. Although he had expected this to happen in some way, given that they were such close friends. He stayed quiet for a minute, considering what to say in the situation. 

“I’m sorry Val, I already have a girlfriend.” 

“Is … that so … “ Valentina seemed disappointed. 

“Yeah, I’ve been dating her for three months now. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that. I’m also sorry I cannot reciprocate your feelings.” 

After talking for some more, Teal left the house. Valentina sat on the dining room, contemplating what Teal had said. A girlfriend, huh? So he chose that bitch over her. Valentina knew somewhere in Teal’s heart that he loved her, but it turned out she wasn’t the only one. Well, that sucks. Valentina then unlocked the bedroom door and let Doretta out of the room.  

“Now, tidy up the upstairs rooms,” Valentina told Doretta. 

“Can I eat first? I haven’t eaten since yesterday. Please let me eat,” Doretta said. 

“Of course. But under two conditions,” Valentina replied. 

Both of them went to the dining room and sat down. There was still some French toasts left after Teal and Valentina had eaten them. Valentina cut the French toast with a knife, then pierce it with a fork. She brought the fork and French toast close to Doretta’s mouth.  

“Say aaah,” Valentina uttered. 

Doretta opened her mouth. Valentina put the toast slice in Doretta’s mouth. She chewed the food slowly and then swallowed it. For a little while she wondered why Valentina got soft with her. She used to yell at her all the time before. Valentina kept feeding her until she ate all the food. 

“How does it taste?” Valentina asked. 

“It’s sweet and delicious,” Doretta answered. 

“Then … “ Valentina caressed Doretta’s face. Valentina stared at Doretta’s black eyes. She then brought her face closer to the Mousekin’s. However, Doretta pushed Valentina away.  

“I don’t want to do it. I only want to kiss somebody I love,” Doretta stated. 

“I am your mistress and you’ll do as I say. If you make any other choice, I will hurt you,” Valentina responded.  

Out of fear, Doretta let Valentina kiss her. Strangely, even after she implied that she didn’t love her, she felt warm inside. 

6