Chapter 27:Three Vs one
49 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anik and Ace immediately pounced on Cain while Luna straight-punched him.

*Thump*thump*whack*

Then Cain tries to block all three, but he is only able to block Ace and Anik's attacks and not Luna who punches him in the kidney area.

"Ugh…"

Cain was winded for a second and with that opportunity, all three attacks tried to attack Cain, but Ace and Anik were blocked and Luna got a counterattack with a kick and fell.

Following that, Cain tries to attack Ace. He was punched by Anik when he tried to block the incoming attack of Ace. He got a leg sweep by Anik. However, he didn't fall.

After Luna got up from the ground, he saw Cain was at an advantage even with two-on-one. Luna immediately tried to get into the fight. However, Cain backed down a bit to catch his breath.

All four were breathing heavily for a second. Afterwards, all three ran towards Cain, and he also ran towards them.

Immediately, Cain blocked Ace's attack with his left and Anik kicked with a kick and Luna tried to grapple him, but she was pushed back with a round kick.

Cain blocked, evaded and attacked everyone but he was slowing down and Luna immediately saw that and tried to tackle him.

And she was also successful. All three immediately were latching one body part of Cain.

Anik was on Cain's left arm, giving him an arm lock. Just like that, Ace was also giving an arm lock to his right hand.

And finally, Luna was locking him in a leg lock.

All three started to put pressure.

*Crack*crack*crack*

"Ugh…ahhhhhh" 

Cain screamed in pain. His both arms and right leg were broken.

All three let go of Cain and were going to help Jonathan and Holden, but they already killed the other two guys. Plus, they were coming this way to help them.

"How does it feel to lose? what did you do to the survivors you found here?"

Luna asked Cain.

"Why do you care what I do with them? Even after the outbreak."

Cain said in frustration.

"Because it's wrong."

Luna said to Cain.

"Don't be a goody two shoes like Sophia now."

Cain said to Luna in pain.

Holden and Jonathan checked the station and every normal person was dead inside.

Plus, all the resources were already gone.

"Don't play with words, it doesn't matter what you say, it doesn't rationalize your actions."

Anik said to Cain.

"Well it also doesn't matter what you say, these kinds of things will always happen even in this world or the past. You can't stop that?"

Cain asked Anik.

"I understand I can't stop that, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't care and try to stop it whenever we can."

Anik said to Cain, and he just laughed.

"Don't give me a lecture boy, you don't know how the world works."

 Cain said to Anik.

"I know people with power rule the world. It can be any type of power like physical, political, etc and I think, Now I have lost my patience with you.

You are the protagonist of your story, but your story ends there."

Anik said to Cain and left to pick off his knife.

Luna was standing here with her knife in her hand, looking at Cain.

"Wait wait you will face the consequence of killing me."

Cain said to Luna desperately.

"Who's going to tell them."

After Luna said that, she stabbed his neck and let him bleed out.

"Let's go back everyone, today recon is over. Pick up the guns and knives from the dead bodies. Then bring them to the jeep."

Luna said to her team. One by one, everyone picked up the empty guns and knives and went towards the jeep.

After hooping inside the driver seat, Anik started the engine and drove towards the camp.

"Anik, do you want to be a good guy?"

Luna asked Anik.

"No of course not I am just a normal citizen, not a good guy."

Anik said to Luna.

"Then, what that speech you give him then."

Luna said to Anik in doubt.

"I was just trying to provoke something in him, that's all."

Anik said to Luna.

"So, you don't believe in right or wrong."

Luna asked Anik.

"I do believe, but that doesn't mean I am also going to follow the right away or the wrong way. I follow what I want."

Anik said to Luna while driving.

"What if your path was wrong?"

Luna asked Anik.

"Then I will make it right."

Anik said and then Luna also stopped talking for a while and everyone was quiet.

"Now don't make me a bad guy. I just mean to say I will do whatever I want and others have no right to say what I can't do and can do."

Anik said to all.

"But isn't it bad?"

Ace said to Anik.

"No it's not bad, it's selfish. There is a huge difference between being bad and being selfish."

Anik then said to Ace.

"I understand, and also we were on impulse when we attacked them and didn't try to de-escalate the situation. We may face some repercussions for this."

Luna said to the team.

"Yes, we should have thought that, even if this isn't like our past world. We can still face some repercussions or punishment."

Holden said to the team.

"I will talk to General Liam. Let's see what he thinks of this situation."

Luna said to the team while massaging her head with her hand.

After driving for a while, they reach the camp and, as usual, get checked.

Then Luna went into the office of General Liam and she was inside for one hour. When she got out of the office, she was dejected.

And when the team was what happened.

"He just scolded us for being irresponsible and suspended our team for one week. We have now been like normal survivors for a week and have no privilege as soldiers."

Luna said to the team.

"We can't eat bacon and meat for one week. Man, I won't be able to survive."

Jonathan said sadly.

"Well, it's fine. It's just a week. A week, A WEEK!!!"

Anik said nonchalantly at first, but after he shouted for a reason.

'Aafia how many weeks before the mutant zombies appear?'

Anik asked Aafia.

[….]

                          To be continued… 

  

4