Chapter 38: Goodbye for now
43 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you satisfied with it?" General Liam asked Anik.

"Let me try it first and then I will decide."
Anik said to General Liam while Austin was reloading the PSRL-1 to give it to Anik for shooting.

After finishing the reloading, he gave it to Anik who was standing and trying to aim.

"General Liam, would you assist me here?" Anik said to General Liam.

"Would you be able to handle the after-effects of PSRL-1 while shooting in a standing position?." General Liam said to Anik.

"Yes, I can" Anik said  General Liam.

"Ok, then first try to aim and lock the target with the aim and tracking system and then put the safety trigger down and finally pull the launch trigger." General Liam said to Anik as he followed his instructions.

*Swoosh*booooooooom*

Anik presses the launch button and the rocket straight shot at another car breaking it into a thousand pieces. Anik looked satisfied.

Anik asked Austin to load the new working PSRL-1 and give him. Fi, at first was confused but the general commanded him to just do it.

After loading it Austin give him the loaded PSRL-1 and Anik ...

'Infinity'

[Water bottle (1 Liters)]∞)
[canned food (425 grams)]∞
[Kitchen knife(20 cm)]∞
[Glock 19(15+1)]∞
[Grenade (unpinned)]∞
[Gladiator XMT (fully fuelled)]∞
[Full portable tank(diesel)]∞
[M4(fully loaded)]∞
[Essence(G-tier)]∞
[PSRL-1 (loaded)]∞

General Liam and Austin were shocked to see a PSRL disappear from Anik's hands.

General Liam quickly understood that this was one of Anik's abilities Luna talked about.

"Now, It's my turn to fulfil my end of the deal. First, try one essence to see its effect." Anik said to the general and gave him an essence after summoning it.

General Liam thought for a second and ate one for himself. Then, suddenly he started to feel lighter and stronger. His back pain was little by little gone too. After a few minutes, the general told everyone to get in the jeep and go towards the camp.

"Anik, how many things called essence do you have and can you give us?" General Liam asked Anik.

"I have enough to give your 50 soldiers each one essence and select soldiers 10 essences each. It should be eaten one at a time in one hour or more interval time." Anik said to the general.

"You want selected people to have more power than all to have equal power. The soldiers with new gain strength to not misuse it." General Liam said with understanding.

"I want Captain Luna's team to get 10 essences each," Anik said to the general.

"That's---Fine. We can arrange that." General said with some hesitation to Anik.

"And some to your daughter too," Anik said while looking outside the window.

"What?? Why would she need that?" General Liam said to Anik with concern.

"You don't have to react like that general. She just reminded me of my past where everything was fine. I don't know why though. But I want her to be safe just like you want for her." Anik said to the general.

After the general didn't say anything. After reaching the front gate. Nobody from the front gate guards checked the general and Anik. Besides them, everyone was checked for bites though.

After entering the gate, Anik went towards his team who were waiting for him. Jonathan called towards them went he was searching for them.

"Come over there," Jonathan said to Anik.

"Anik, are you leaving the camp?" Holden asked Anik and he just nodded.

"Captain, are you still mad at me?" Anik said to Luna.

*Sigh*"No, I am not. We all gonna miss you don't forget to come by if you can." Luna said to Anik.

"Yeah, we are still friends. Right, Ace?" Jonathan said to Anik and signalled Ace to say it too.

Yeah." Ace said forcefully. Anik just smiled at him cheekily with Jonathan.

Ace just sighed after seeing them.

After talking with them for a while, Luna said to Anik to meet with Sophia.

"I know I know," Anik said to Luna and went towards the medical tent. When Anik reached the medical tent, Sophia was doing a medical checkup. Sophia saw him but didn't try to talk to him just kept doing a heck up.

'I have to wait for a bit I guess.' Anik thought to himself and sat outside the tent on the bench.

After a few minutes, the check-up was over and Sophia was standing before sitting with Anik who was cheekily smiling.

"Hello, Dr Sophia how are you doing today?" Anik asked Sophie.

"I am fine. What about you?" Sophia said to Anik which he couldn't believe she would say back to him.

"I am fine too haha!!" Anik said to Sophia.

"So, when are you leaving?" Sophia said to Anik.

"I will leave today," Anik said to Sophia.

"When will you come back then?" Sophia said to Anik.

"Maybe in a month or two and after that I don't know if I can meet with you or anyone here ever again," Anik said to Sophia truthfully without details.

"Why, are you doing something dangerous?" Sophia said to Anik.

"Maybe," Anik said to Sophia.

"Then, be careful and don't lose yourself in the process of what you are trying to d,." Sodo, a said to Anik.

Just like that they talked for a bit.

"Thanks, Dr Sophia. I-I-I mean Sophia for everything. See you again." Anik said to Sophia.

"See you again too," Sophia said to Anik and for the first time smiled at him with a hint of sadness. After seeing the smile he was flabbergasted for a second but kept his composure and went towards his team.

"Guys, I am very thankful to you guys for helping me be a better version of myself.
Thanks, captain, thanks Holden, thanks Jonathan and finally thank you Ace for making me stronger and being great friends." Anik said with a genuine smile on his face.

After hugging and saying goodbyes Anik went towards the general office for their final deal.

"General, is the chopper ready?" Anik said to the general after getting inside.

"Yes, And about you?" He answered his question and asked him about his.

"Of course." Anik after saying that summon 100 essence.

"10 each for captain 4 members, 5 for Sophia, 5 for you and 50 for each of 50 soldiers," Anik said to the general.

"Why five for me?" Anik asked General Liam.

"Because you accept me in the camp, because of your camp, I was able to survive this. It's my thank you to you." Anik said to General and General just smiled.

"Let's go to the chopper station." General Liam said to Anik.

After walking for a bit they reach the chopper station and Anik gets inside the military chopper(Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk).

*Chop*chop*chop*chop*chop*chop*

Slowly the chopper was going up in the sky. All his friends and Sophia were there waving their hands at him. He also waved at them from the window of the chopper.

And finally, he flies towards Jacksonville.

                             To be continued...

4