Please be the one
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was in the library, looking through some old books for her research project. There was a book that she couldn’t reach for so she turned to grab the library stairs, that are mobile, for situations like this. However, as she turned, she felt a hand grab her arm and pulled her into a back hug. A whisper followed, “My love,” said in such a tender and soft voice, but she backed away to meet dark eyes searching hers, looking for something. Before she could retort or reply, she saw his eyes droop, and fill with sadness and her own heart ached for a reason she couldn’t place.

“Wrong one…again,” He murmured softly. She couldn’t say anything to him as this all occurred. “I’m sorry, I must’ve confused you for… someone else,” she heard him say. “It’s…alright, it happens, I’m assuming more often for you as you said again earlier,” she finally spoke and sees him smile gently.

“Yes, I’ve promised someone to meet here but we always seem to miss each other,” he looked into her eyes once again, searching. “If… you want, I could help you? I’m almost always in the library,” she suggests, trying to help. He laughs softly, “I know,”

‘More than anyone,’ he thinks to himself as he softly looks at the girl she is now, even when she didn’t know him, she was beautiful in his eyes. She looked slightly confused before realizing he must come here as often as she does to search for his…love. She glanced at the book she had wanted to get earlier, and then she saw his hand appear before her. “This the one?” He said holding the book towards her. She smiled and nodded, “Yes, thank you,”

He shook his head, “Anytime,” ‘and anything for you,’ he left the words unsaid. “I’ll be going to my table… if you want to join, you can,” she offered to him with a slight smile and with a hope that he says yes. He intrigued her, his dark chocolate eyes captivating her.

He smiled, “I do have a little bit of time, so don’t mind if I do,” she giggled, “I wouldn’t have offered if I did.” He felt his heart melt but freeze at the same time. She laughed the same way when she was his, but right now, she isn’t and that hurt him all the more. She sat down in the plush of the brown wooden library chairs and immersed herself with her work. He sat across her and watcher her silently, smiling at all the little actions she does. Like when she gets confused on something, her eyebrows furrow, or when she finally understands something, her eyes widen, and a small smile appears on her face.

All these actions made him love and miss her more. She was the same as she was but again, not when she was his.

When she was done with her work, she finally raised her head to stretch her arms and back. She looked around, searching for something, “Hm… what am I looking for…?” She murmured to herself before shrugging and gathered her things.

He stood close behind a bookshelf and watched her retreating back. “I hope the next time we meet, we’ll finally have found each other,” he smiled sadly and turns away.

0