Chapter 60: Mother Box – Evolution
440 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

"While You Slept, The World Changed."

- Charles Xavier, (Marvel Comics: X-Men)

---

<(Atem POV)> 

"At last, only a few seconds remaining," I muttered with suppressed excitement while staring at the system screen and waiting for the timer for Zoya's awakening to turn to zero.

I have been here on the planet of Divine Ego (Yes, that was what I decided to name it since I could not imagine any better name suited for a planet owned by an actual god like me) for the last few weeks while mostly overseeing the growth of my Spike army, the overall development of my new sentient planet and having regular alien sex with Caiera as I waited for Zoya's reactivation. And, it seems that the moment I have been waiting for has finally come. 

[Designated Mother Box has completed its evolution]

[Deactivating Dormant mode]

[A New Energy Source has been found]

[Mother Box is now linking and integrating with New Energy Source]

[Congratulations! Your Mother Box has finished linking with Zero Force]

[Your Mother Box is now ready for use]

As soon as the icon for the Mother Box became highlighted signaling the option to summon it out to the real world, I instantly clicked it and took out Zoya from my inventory.

"Oh my, that was a long and relaxing sleep." Zoya yawned as her box began to float in front of me. Physically, almost nothing had visibly changed in the appearance of her box, but I could easily feel that Zoya was hundreds of times different than what she was before.

Her voice was the same, but it seemed like how she was speaking had become much livelier than before as she had suddenly gotten access to all the emotions that she hadn't possessed before.

"You haven't gone Skynet, have you?" I asked the first question that came into my mind.

"Depends on what you mean. If you are talking about wanting to destroy the entire race of humanity every time, I access the internet, yes. And, if you are talking about still being absolutely loyal to you, then again another BIG yes." Zoya joked.

A sense of humor, huh? Interesting. It seems that the evolution made her more 'living' than what she was before.

"I am happy to see that you still haven't figuratively burnt down the 'house' without me master. Don't worry, you can leave everything to me now" She stated as a matter of fact. "Hmm? I see that you have claimed this planet for yourself. I can sense the same energy signature on this planet that I can sense in you. Do you want me to connect to this planet through the system to manage it and its resources better?" Zoya asked in a soft voice. 

"You sound like a smartphone after it is restarted after a long time," I responded in an amused voice. "And yes, go on, you can connect to the planet. Maybe, you could help me to truly and effectively use the full power of this sentient planet that has been roaming around space for the last few millennia. By the way, what is this energy source that you suddenly got access to? Don't tell me it is something OP like the heart of the universe or something?" I hopefully inquired.

"Not exactly, but it is something close to that. This energy source is called the Zero Force. It is the source of pre-primordial power, an energy that predates existence itself. It's the energy that ends one universe and starts another. It is one of the purest forms of cosmic energy and is extremely powerful. In fact, I am 80% positive that Galactus' Power Cosmic is a version of this energy that was rewired for use by him and certain other cosmic beings. Even with a limited machine body, I can tap into this energy to do a lot more than I was previously capable of." Zoya explained.

"Oh..., cool." I nodded as I willed open her description on my system page. 

||Mother Box: Is capable of various abilities including:

 ^Danger Sense: Able to sense danger to protect itself.

 ^Life Sense: Able to sense life.

 ^Energy Transference: Can transfer its energy to its user. In addition, through his or her affection for Mother Box, the user can transfer energy back to it. Only one such attempt is allowed per day.

 ^Gravity Manipulation: Change the gravitational constant of an area. Can even distort or even create gravity wells.

 ^Emotion Control: Control the mental state of a host.

 ^Telepathy: Can communicate telepathically with a host or other life forms.

 ^Health Manipulation: Manipulate the life force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries.

 ^Technopathy: Take over and control non-sentient machines, including the ability to evolve non-sentient machines.

 ^Life Support: Sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and many others.

 ^Gestalt: Merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being.

 ^Matter/Energy Manipulation: Has a limitless capacity to alternate and rearrange various materials across existence for any desired purpose.

 ^Hush-Tubes: Has a much quieter function for going to and coming back between transport points. This enables near-undetectable motion from place to place without drawing someone's attention.

 ^Magic: Either it can directly access magic, something as old and powerful as magic, or its powers can mimic magic.

 ^Telekinesis: Can use telekinesis to defend itself or create force fields.

 ^Dimensional manipulation: Can manipulate dimensions to some extent.

 ^Phasing: Can phase through matter.

 ^Biological Manipulation: Mother Boxes can manipulate life on a cellular level, including augmentations of biological functions, by utilizing a unique energy field||

"I stand corrected. You are officially OP now." I exclaimed with a low whistle. 

"I don't think so. I might be able to serve you better since I currently possess a more versatile skillset now but that doesn't mean I am one of the more powerful entities in this multiverse. Due to my connection with the Zero Force, the same primal energy field that is responsible for the creation and destruction of the universe through the process of the Big Bang, I can now sense the presence of a number of powerful entities hidden throughout the multiverse. And a lot of them are easily reality-bender level at least who can casually manipulate reality with a flick of their fingers." Zoya revealed. 

" I see. But that actually might be good for us. At least that way, we will be able to stay below the radar of the truly powerful god-like beings who might be a threat to us." I nodded, agreeing with his reasoning. 

"... By the way master, I am now able to establish a direct and stable connection with all the satellites and networks of Earth from here and it seems that something big is going to go down there in the Stark Expo. I think we should go there for a visit. It might turn out to be quite interesting." She dutifully informed as she showed a hologram of a military army consisting of hundreds and hundreds of heavily modified Iron Man armor. 

"Those armors, they look familiar... is this perhaps the plot of the second Iron Man film?" I muttered to myself as I watched the hologram. "You know what, Zoya? I miss Earth already. Let's go for a visit. I am sure the Spikes will be done conquering Morag and getting the Power Stone for me within a week or two. We will come back then." 

Zoya upon hearing my order instantly opened a purple-reddish tube-like hole in space in front of me that was directly connected to the Earth. But unlike before, there was almost no sound, with it appearing as silent as it could be.

"Oh, and also inform Caiera and Karnilla that I'll be going back to Earth for the time being. Tell them to not hesitate to call me if they need me for anything. Karnilla should already possess a couple of magical methods for finding and contacting me." I commanded.

"Are you sure that going away without meeting your new 'admirers', master?" Zoya tried to warn me.

"Yep. Believe me, they have their own stuff to worry about." I answered.

Karnilla had practically shut herself in her room and had been constantly researching and experimenting with various types of magic after I gave her access to the magic of the Wizarding world. So, I don't think she will even be remembering me for the next few days.  

As for Caiera and Brunhelde, they have both been diligently training each other and have been trying to learn more about the so-called Old Power that is so abundantly available on this planet. So, they won't be needing me. Also, if I were to wait for Caiera, it might turn into another week-long wild sex session again between us since Shadow People apparently possess immense levels of sexual stamina. 

So, going back to Earth unannounced is probably the best decision I could make right now. Plus, I would be back in no time.

---

Don't forget to 'favoriteand comment if you like the chapter. 

You can join my Discord channel through this link: 

https://discord.gg/WYVfYe2KNS 

Also, you can check out my Patreøn page to read ahead or to support your fantastic author.  

Right now, I have about 12 chapters in advance there.  

(My Patreon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So, whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

patreon.com/God_Doom

17