Chapter 1: The First Triumph
3.3k 5 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love.

– Madara Uchiha, (Naruto)

---

(Nornkeep, Nornheim, a newly separated dimension near the plane of Asgard, Universe - 696969)

(Year 2008 AD)

A green-skinned bulky humanoid with a monstrous face and two long 'antennae' on his head dressed in heavy medieval armor was seen running along the castle floors with panic drawn on his savage face. The spear in his hand was shaking as he sprinted as fast as he could to his destination.

There were light sounds of explosions and screams coming from far off as he ran with perspiration accumulating on his face due to fear.

Reaching in front of a huge golden door, he halted and steadied himself taking deep breaths to calm down. After subduing his beating heart, he finally opened the door and stepped inside.

"My Queen, they have broken through our outer defenses and are quickly decimating our forces in the central defense circle. We have deployed most of our war countermeasures but they are too strong for us Your Majesty. We can only delay the inevitable but sooner or later they will be able to breach our castle walls. We should all run away my Queen while we still have time, otherwise... *Achh* *Kaff kaff*" The green soldier wasn't able to complete his words as he suddenly choked due to an invisible force clamping down on his neck.

"Did you just suggest me to run away you little worthless insect? Do you forget who I am? I am Karnilla, the Mistress of Magic. I don't RUN, I rule... It seems that you like most of your pathetic brethren are absolutely useless, an utter waste of flesh." A beautiful yet threatening voice came from a woman sitting on a massive golden throne with a gigantic crown on her head.

The said woman snorted in disgust as she looked at her soldier and snapped her fingers at which the green-skinned warrior was instantly de-atomized into millions of light particles without even being able to make a single sound.

"That's better." The so-called Mistress of Magic smiled, her face filled with satisfaction at showing her dominance by killing one of the members of her own faction.

"I should think about making a better set of soldiers for my next army. Now, where was I? Oh yes, the activation ritual. If those three annoying fates hadn't run away, I wouldn't need to do this. I could just use their power to defend the castle but as those humans like to say, desperate times call for desperate measures." She uttered in mild annoyance as she began to chant a spell with Nine little stones floating in front of her in a circle.

After a few minutes of what seemed like gibberish chanting, the stones suddenly began to glow in a menacing green light as the entire castle began to shake under its enormous mystical might.

"That bitch Morgana actually thought that stealing the matrix stone from me would prevent me from using the full power of the Norn stones but she has no idea what I am truly capable of, what I can do even with just nine stones." Karnilla the mistress of magic smiled as the castle walls around her began to shift under her control like pieces of a puzzle box moving around until the black of space itself was visible all around her.

"Now let's see where the enemy... What in the name of Hel is happening here? What are those abominations?" Karnilla was tongue-tied as she finally saw the true army that was attacking her stronghold.

There were thousands of menacing-looking winged metal men that had surrounded her own 'Norn' army and were rapidly decimating her forces like a hot knife through butter. Even the most mighty of her green-skinned warriors were being pulverized to dust by a single touch of the red light being released from the wrists of the demonic puppets.

She hadn't noticed this before but even some of the outer portions of her own massive castle had been reduced to mere stones and rubble floating in space due to the explosions that those damn things were causing every once in a while massacring her forces.

'Should I ask for support from Odin? No, I don't want to owe that cunning old man a favor especially since it has only been a mere decade that I have separated Nornheim as a separate dimension from Asgard. I'll have to do this myself. And what do I have to fear? These little stupid armors have no chance of beating me.' Karnilla thought as one of her stones glowed and a dozen beams immediately destroyed half a dozen of the metal army near her.

But as soon as they were destroyed a dozen more took their place making their number seem like never ending.

The Mistress of Magic could only grit her teeth at this and lament the weakness of her own army. But she had no intention to take it easy and let her castle be destroyed. No, she knew that she had to defeat them quickly for her to salvage the rest of her castle and army. She didn't want to be left defenseless by the end of this battle in case the dark elves, the frost giants, or fire demons suddenly decided to attack her again.

So she decided to use a wide-range spell to annihilate the entire army at once. The Norn stones had enough power to do that but the only reason she was hesitating to use it was because a spell of that caliber could empty most of the mystical energy accumulated inside it which would take quite a few days to refill again without the matrix stone. After all, the Norn stones although extremely powerful artifacts in their own right couldn't access nearly as much power as the famous infinity stones.

"ᚨᚾᚾᛁᚺᛁᛚᚨᛏᛖ ᚨᛚᛚ ᛗᚤ ᛖᚾᛖᛗᛁᛖᛋ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚾᚨᛗᛖ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛟᛞ ᛞᛟᛟᛗ" Karnilla muttered in an unknown language as the stones glowed and different runes began to manifest from thin air all around her directly originating from the energy of the Stones themselves.

"Maybe next time your owner will think twice before sending an army to my door." She muttered as the runes merged together and turned into a ball of cyan coloured energy which exploded in a spectacular fashion sending a pulse of dense energy all around her.

The magical energy pulse turned about a score of the metallic demon puppets into useless trash as they were broken down into scraps of metal as soon as the pulse touched them even killing her own green army as well but before it could cause more destruction, a forcefield appeared which effortlessly blocked the pulse from advancing further making the country destroying attack seem like nothing special.

"My my. Talk about useless trash. Well, I guess Atem was right. The para-sentinels can only do so much. They are droids after all. No matter how advanced, they will never be able to match the might of gods, metahumans, and sorcerers. After all, not every machine can be as advanced and intelligent as our mother box, Zoya" The seductive voice of a woman suddenly came into Karnilla's ears, surprising the Norn Queen.

"... Morgana, is that... you? I never thought you would have the guts to come here again. I guess you are even a bigger bitch than I initially thought. Do you remember what I said when we met last time about five hundred years ago? I told you that next time leaving with your life intact won't be your main concern. No, this time I'll properly take revenge for what you did to me last time, what you took from me, what you STOLE. My army will be tired after such a battle, maybe breeding with a stealing slut like you will raise their morale." Karnilla showed an evil smile on her face.

"Ah, Karnilla. You are still the same boring tasteless woman as I remember. It seems from your frustration that your little crush still hasn't answered your feelings has he? Balder seemed to like your disciple more than you didn't he? The last I heard, Amora had him wrapped around her fingers without even giving him a single taste of what she could do in bed. Anyway, I was actually here in peace to bring you a message from my new lord, that was before your little goblins decided to attack me that is." Morgan Le Fey made a face of immense disappointment and pity as she stared at karnilla like she was truly sympathizing with her.

"And what is that message may I ask before I decide to kill you, permanently this time."

"Oh yes, of course *Cough* *Cough*... Atem, the Great One has decided to claim your newly separated dimension Nornheim as the first official territory under his rule. You are hereby given the opportunity due to the grace of the New God of Domination to submit yourself, your forces, and your dimension to the great God Emperor. Surrender and you will be shown mercy. Resist and you will suffer." Morgana read the entire thing from a small scroll that magically appeared in her hands and completed reading it with a dark undertone in her voice.

"Is this some sort of a joke? Do you expect me to actually surrender? You and your new little king whoever he is will suffer the brunt of my wrath. I will..." Karnilla couldn't finish her words as a huge dark green spectral beast made of pure mystical energy smashed into her like a freight train.

"As Atem likes to say, you talk too much," Morgana smiled as she saw the Queen of the Norns yelping in surprise and pain that she suddenly experienced.

But soon Karnilla snapped out of her initial shock and used the Norn stones' power to transform the massive green mystical construct back into pure energy and converted it into a black hole which she then threw towards Morgana like a baseball.

The black hole destroyed everything in its path annihilating a few of the para demons who were not fast enough to move out of its course as well as hundreds of Norn soldiers who were so stupid that they didn't even realise how dangerous the attack was for them.

But contrary to Karnilla's expectation, Morgana didn't show a single change in her facial expression and just lazily made a green magical circle in the air with her index finger. As soon as the black hole came in contact with the circle, it turned into rose petals.

"You know I was looking forward to our fight but it seems I had overestimated your power. After I became a New god and got the divinity of magic, I now truly understand what power was, and what a real god can do. And you my 'old friend' are just one of the many many fakes this multiverse has. I would have done you a favor by terminating you but Atem wants you alive. You still have value in the eyes of Odin after all, so you may still be of use to the lord. Hence, I won't kill you but this will hurt... a lot."

As soon as Morgana said this, her eyes lighted up with a menacing green light, and the space itself seemed to distort around her under the effect of her powers.

Soon a crack opened in space between Morgana and Karnilla as hundreds of monstrous-looking green thorny chains began to emerge from the crack and advanced towards the Mistress of Mysticism in lightning-flash speed.

Before Karnilla could even react to them, the chains had already reached her and snaked around her, imprisoning her in a hold that only tightened the more she resisted. She actively began to try to use her spells and runes or even channel the power of the Norn stones but no matter how much she tried, all mystical energy that was coming in contact with her was being steadily absorbed by the chains.

"It's already over Karnilla. Submit and you may keep your life and your dignity. Contrary to his title, the God of Domination doesn't like torture. He might even let you keep your castle if you join his faction and swear your loyalty to him." Morgana declared with mock pity.

"Even Odin could not make me submit. Do you think you and your pitiful god can? No, Karnilla submits to no one, not even in death..." She began as the Norn Stones that were still floating in front of her seemed to regain their previous shine.

The nine stones which had dulled for some period began to emit a blinding light as they vibrated like they were going out of control. Even the dimension itself trembled under their combined power like a terrified cat.

"Interesting, so you'll much rather destroy the stones and in the process even kill yourself and obliterate your soul permanently than agree to serve another. *Sigh* I have to say Karnilla, your stupidity and arrogance know no bounds. But I have to admit, this would have been the perfect sacrificial attack, a move that would have even destroyed this dimension but unfortunately for you, it is useless in front of me."

"What...?" Karnilla wanted to ask Morgana the reason for what she termed her overconfidence but as soon as she saw the object in her hands she stopped herself as her eyes widened.

"No, you are bluffing. You can't use that. You don't know the key spell. Even if you did know the key spell it would still be useless for you since you don't even possess Asgardian blood." The Lady of Nornkeep gulped in disbelief.

"Maybe but you see after I became the New god of magic, I got dominion over all things magical. Only sorcerers or gods equal to my own power or more powerful than me can resist me like Freyja or Odin or even the Ancient one at her peak but sadly for you, you are nowhere near their level, at least not with those half-powered norn stones." Morgana smiled as she began to supply her magic to the stone in her hand.

It was the matrix stone, the tenth stone of the Norn set, the key to not only control the rest of the stones but also to use all of them together at their full power.

The crafty sorceress Morgana had an advantage in this fight from the very beginning. From the very start, she was sure of her victory because she was prepared. After all, that was one of the two things most required in a war, strategy and preparation.

"NOOO," Karnilla yelled for only more of the chains to wrap around and seal her mouth. Morgana didn't even pay any attention to her and only focused on the task in front of her as the stone in her hand under her dominion began to shine sickly green as the rest of the stones followed its lead and stopped shaking.

Soon the dimension too stopped trembling as everything seemed to go back to normal.

"Did you like the show? I hope you did because I indulged in this little magical battle instead of just forcefully taking control of the stones from the very start to entertain you... Atem" Morgana looked in a certain direction where there was nothing except the darkness of space.

"Yes, yes I did. You performed well." A smooth heavy voice came from the same direction as an armored figure slowly manifested from the darkness.

A manly figure with a lean physique yet bulging muscles, a face with a charm that seemed to be the very definition of beauty. It was a picture that reminded her of the epitome of male sexuality, of perfection.

"What should we do with the rest of the army? They are not exactly the best of soldiers. Karnilla's goblin army is quite famous for its stupidity, ugliness, and brutality. They were bred specifically by Karnilla for that, to be savages to defend her castle, spread terror, and bring her materials for her experiments." Morgana asked as she cast her glance over the few thousand green-skinned soldiers who had survived till now under the slaughter of the Para-sentinels, although just barely.

"They are of no use to us. I can see the look in their eyes and read the thoughts in their minds. They will rebel against us sooner or later, no matter how well we treat them. That's what they were made for, violence. So take a few as prisoners for our own experiments, as for the rest..., Burn them all."

---

(A/N: A huge chapter to compensate for the days I didn't post.

Anyway, this is the first chapter of the New God in Marvel Volume 2 story. But this will be written and structured in such a way that even readers who didn't read the previous volume will be able to understand and enjoy it.

This will be a little different from the previous volume in regards to writing style and I can promise that this will be much better especially since I don't intend to make the same mistakes I made in the previous volume. So please give it a try.

Hope you guys will like it.)

68