These Clarion Skies
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This thick cacophony of green, green, and more green, it all comes to an end. Amy looked forward to the clearing she saw in front of her, and in a few steps, she would have to decide whether to continue walking down this path. The light of day, cascading down from the azure blue skies, they were once held back the arms of the high tress. Their grasp weakens, and drops of day start flowing through, grazing Amy's skin, and as if reluctant, fading and showing, forced to play hide and seek by the leaves. Birds. There were plenty, they converse among themselves, the feeble humans dictating their speech as incomprehensible, mere weakness of the mind has let to such a conclusion coming into fruition.

An opening within the midst of tree's form a peephole into the city and beyond. It was beautiful, not in Amy's words, but let's just take in the views, shall we? Not a single human will reside or come into vicinity for the next few hundred meters or so. This was truly seclusion, something highly sought after in a bustling city. This serenity of existence, the advent of modern civilization has brought forth generations that have forgotten such a thing which humanity had sacrificed for modernism. This wanderlust, it resides within the very cognitive of all humans, given the correct triggers they will prevail.

Amy stood on the cracked concrete path, silent. The feeling of discovery overwhelms her youthful mind. Those visions, painful ones, memories, they were thrown into the bushes, thrown into the vast clarion skies. For a moment, Amy could escape from the painful memories that were always beside her. For a moment, a sudden sense of calm overwhelms, and Amy is fully consumed by it. She paces, slowly, with the gentle breeze blowing past, the sun's bright and warm light cascading down in its entirety, and even if, even if she didn't understand why, her legs still moved, swayed by the beat of Summer. What mattered was she was here, pacing up forgotten paths. Nothing mattered.

Amy is inherently human. She gazes down at a familiar sight, now being seen from a different angle. This was where she lived since she was still a primary schooling child, moving here from the blocks of dilapidated flats for the less fortunate.  Now, looking at it all from a different perspective, she again felt an inexplicable calm. Perhaps, this could be nostalgia? When she was younger, she used to climb the mountains behind those dilapidated flats with her caretakers. As a youth, she vividly remembered the views she saw atop them, the views of the haphazard climbing paths similar to the ones the passed to get here, the greenery and the ephemeral scenes of nature, they were all now passing by her thoughts.



~crackle, scritch~
The debris of stray rocks and sand get shuffled and lodged within her sandals. The pace of the steps gradually slow as Amy reminisces about her brief childhood, while at the same time keeping her balance to ensure she doesn't fall down the steep mountain face. Mr sun seems to get hotter the closer you get to it, which makes sense. The clouds in the sky are all but there, revealing clear, blue skies. They were mesmerizing, brilliant shade of greenish-blue, but Amy doesn't seem to hold a particular interest in the colour of the skies at all. They were beautiful, and Amy seemed to acknowledge that, id just say she doesn't seem to hold any particular affinity with it though.

Amy stopped once again. She had just realized how far, or so little, she had came from her home. Even if it was less than a fraction of a mile, she could no longer recognize her position as anywhere relatively close to where she lived. She looked behind her, back at the path she passed to arrive at where she was now. Looking at the city and beyond, she thought maybe this was a good place to take a rest. This place seems to be possibly private property, which, now that she thought about it, may be the very reason it was closed off to hikers in the first place! Well, she thought she would deal with it when the bridge comes. She knew, something in her heart told her, this was the place. If she gave up now, she may not get another chance at this. To her, the risk was well worth it.

On a small little outcrop, Amy stood. The outcrop was overgrown with weeds, left uncut for who knows how long. With another outcrop overlooking this outcrop from above, it brought a little shade from the blazing heat from Mr.sun. A little respite in the unforgiving Summer's heat. There was a small patch of thick, short grass, perfect for sitting without dirtying one's attire in less "ideal" places. As she set, she felt, for some inexplicable reason, that this place was of significant importance. Such a strange thought, Amy thought. Amy has had her own fair share of prized possessions, but prized locations? This was new. She looks up in the sky as she ponders this, her frown slowly growing into a smile, her expression accentuated by the sun's glare. 

She looked up into the skies. Something was different. She felt her heart sank, growing hollow. She remembered the reason she came here, and now she felt something was calling out to her, something in the skies. Perhaps, the change she had always hoped for, was it in the skies? She looked up, and closed her eyes softly. As she held her feet together in a kneel, she placed her hands together and began to pray. This was something she had never done, nor does she recall doing something of this sort so suddenly, out of the blue. She knew. She knew there was something. It didn't matter what, it didn't matter how or when. In her heart, there was, and there is. 

Within her mind, she saw the small amounts of light passing through her thin eyelids, glowing in the colour of her skin. With her inner voice, she began to talk. 

"I...... wish for change...... change from this monotonous life which I am trapped in...... I want...... to escape......"

...

Amy, still in her kneeling position, waited. 

...

She felt the wind that was blowing on her face obstructed by something in front of her. She opened her eyes.

There was a white lily flower in front of her.

0