Chapter 039: Zhao Yuqi’s Favorability Soars
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Chen Yuan, no, I really can't accept this. This is a villa worth five to six million. How can you put my name on it!"

Although Zhao Yuqi was extremely shocked, she was also touched by Chen Yuan's intentions. However, the 'gift' was just too grand for her to dare to accept. It was so significant that she felt a bit hesitant. Even for a newlywed couple, the husband might not necessarily put the wife's name on the property when buying a house. In fact, to avoid economic disputes in case of divorce, they might even go for a prenuptial agreement. And here, Chen Yuan and she were just acquaintances with a bit of ambiguity, some mutual feelings, not even officially a couple. Giving her a villa like this... Zhao Yuqi really couldn't bring herself to accept it. If she agreed without reservation, it would make her seem greedy, materialistic, and lacking in taste. Any woman with a bit of social awareness wouldn't just agree immediately. It would be unseemly!

"Yuki, if this villa is not under your name, I'm afraid I won't be able to buy it today!"

"Why?" Zhao Yuqi immediately asked.

"Why? Because I already have too many properties under my name. You know about the government's housing restrictions, right? When someone owns multiple properties, they are not allowed to purchase new ones. So, this villa can only temporarily be transferred to your name. Consider it a favor for me! Of course, if you're unwilling to help, I'll have to apologize to Mr. Hong!"

Chen Yuan spread his hands, looking genuinely helpless. This excuse was something he had planned in advance. Using normal logic, he could guess that Zhao Yuqi might not readily accept the gift. The excuse of the "housing restriction" was perfect. First, it provided Zhao Yuqi with an excuse to accept the property transfer, making it look like she was doing him a favor. This way, she wouldn't appear greedy or materialistic, just helping him out. Second, by saying he wouldn't buy it in front of Mr. Hong, he could push Mr. Hong to persuade Zhao Yuqi. Chen Yuan wouldn't have to say much himself; others would convince her on his behalf. It was a win-win strategy.

Indeed, when Chen Yuan said he wouldn't buy it, Mr. Hong immediately became anxious.

"Miss, since Brother Chen has said that, why not agree? This villa can be temporarily transferred to your name. It's just a favor, alright?"

"No, no, no, I really can't accept it. A villa worth five or six million is really too much!"

Zhao Yuqi continued to shake her head in refusal.

"Miss, I'm begging you. Just agree. My company has hundreds of employees waiting for their salaries. If this villa can't be sold, my financial chain will break. The company will go bankrupt, and so many people will lose their jobs. Some have families to support. Can you bear to see them all lose their jobs?"

Mr. Hong, being a businessman, knew how to weave a compelling narrative. He appealed to Zhao Yuqi's sense of righteousness and painted a dire picture, making her feel like refusing would make her an unforgivable person.

"But..."

"No 'buts', Miss. I'm really on the verge of bankruptcy, urgently needing funds to tide over this difficult period. If this villa doesn't sell, my company will go under. You're really the only one who can help me. Can you?"

"Yeah, sister, Mr. Hong is really in trouble..."

Mr. Hong and Zhou Lina joined forces in persuading Zhao Yuqi. With the combined effort, Zhao Yuqi couldn't withstand the pressure.

Finally, after half an hour of persuasion, Zhao Yuqi nodded in acceptance.

In order to quickly secure the funds, Mr. Hong immediately signed the villa transfer agreement with Zhao Yuqi that afternoon and completed the property transfer.

Without hesitation, Chen Yuan swiftly transferred the funds of 55 million.

When Zhao Yuqi received the villa keys and property certificate, she was still a bit dazed.

"Chen Yuan, is this villa really under my name now?"

"Yes, from now on, you are the owner of the Riverside Villa, Garden Mansion No.1!"

Chen Yuan smiled.

"No, this villa is yours. I'm just temporarily helping you. Next time, I'll transfer it back to you!"

Zhao Yuqi was a bit bewildered by the entire situation.

This unexpected addition of a villa worth 60 million to her name... Who would believe it if she told others? Even though the villa was just temporarily in her name, it was enough to show Chen Yuan's sincerity.

Suddenly, Zhao Yuqi thought, could it be that Chen Yuan stood her up yesterday to prepare for this huge surprise today? She had misunderstood him, and this morning she deliberately arrived more than two hours late. Did he plan this all along? Not only did she misunderstand him, but she also thought she owed him.

"Sorry, Chen Yuan, actually... I intentionally arrived late this morning, hoping you wouldn't be angry!"

"It's okay; I didn't really care about that small matter!"

Chen Yuan spoke truthfully. He only waited for ten minutes; he wouldn't take such a trivial thing to heart. But Zhao Yuqi thought he had waited for over two hours. From start to finish, he didn't complain once and even bought her a villa! This man was truly magnanimous!

Zhao Yuqi suddenly felt that Chen Yuan, who had a favorability rating of 45 before, increased by 15 during the house tour, and now had a skyrocketing 30 points, had a remarkable favorability rating of 90.

Just 5 more points, and she would successfully reverse the situation.

Chen Yuan, looking at the 90 points above Zhao Yuqi's head, felt greatly encouraged. He was excited, anticipating a massive reward for reversing Zhao Yuqi. He had spent around 60-70 million in "licking dog" funds on Zhao Yuqi. Once the reversal was successful, he would receive a reward of 6-7 million, plus a full 25 strengthening points. This "tool" was indeed quite rewarding.

"Chen Yuan, why do you keep looking at the top of my head? Is there something dirty on it?"

"No, I just think you look particularly beautiful today!"

"Really? Wasn't I good-looking before?"

Zhao Yuqi said shyly. She had become increasingly shy in front of Chen Yuan, especially when she thought about living in the same villa with him. Being alone in a room together could easily lead to some indescribable things.

"Oh, it's so embarrassing! Why am I thinking about these things?"

♥ If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

Personal creation is not easy, your likes, attention, comments and forwarding is the motivation for me to stick to it.

2