Chapter 042: Accidentally Gone Viral
111 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the playful banter with Zhao Yuki, Chen Yuan returned to his dormitory. As soon as he entered Room 503, his three roommates excitedly rushed over.

"Damn! Lao Si, you're famous now. You're really going viral. How come I never noticed before? You actually have the potential to become an internet celebrity?" Xiong Tao stared at Chen Yuan with envy and jealousy, finding it hard to believe that the guy who became an online sensation, the "Running Hero," was his roommate.

"What do you mean by going viral? Is it about the bad reputation on the campus forum?" Chen Yuan asked.

"No, it's not about the campus forum. We're talking about you going viral on Douyin and Bilibili!" Lao Cao explained.

Chen Yuan was suddenly taken aback. "Has my identity been exposed? Do people know that I'm the Lonely Cigarette, the internet god with money?"

"Others know you as the Lonely Cigarette, the internet god with money? Damn, that would be so unlucky!" Chen Yuan thought that if his identity was truly exposed, it would be difficult to continue acting as a bootlicker.

However, he had misunderstood the situation. The identity of the Lonely Cigarette was not exposed. Instead, he had become famous for another reason.

"Chen Yuan, check Douyin yourself. Your video is currently the hottest on the entire internet!" Lao Cao said.

Upon hearing this, Chen Yuan quickly took out his phone and opened Douyin. After swiping through several videos, he finally came across a short video that caught his attention.

The video had over 12 million likes and more than 100,000 comments, and it was posted just two days ago.

"Tianyi University Track and Field Competition: A man accidentally enters the track and runs at a devilish speed, shocking the entire audience!"

Chen Yuan clicked on the video. The short clip, only a dozen seconds long, clearly captured a man in casual clothes, surpassing all other athletes despite being five or six positions behind. With an absolute advantage, he pulled ahead by two or three meters, covering the entire 100-meter track with astonishing explosive power.

In just a few seconds, the video showcased an incredible burst of speed, leaving everyone else in the dust.

The athletes on the track were no ordinary individuals; they were already faster than the average person. An average adult male's normal running speed ranged from 12 to 15 seconds per 100 meters, with most falling around 13 seconds. Achieving speeds between 10 and 11 seconds was considered on par with national team athletes. Anything below 10 seconds was record-breaking.

The video clearly displayed the mysterious man exhibiting a burst of speed comparable to the world's top sprinters, even rivalling the world's fastest runner with a record of 9.58 seconds in the 100-meter dash.

This astonishing feat left viewers in awe, and the video quickly became a topic of controversy.

"I have to admit, hidden talents exist among the common people. This guy is too fast!"

"I'm a professional physical education teacher, let me explain some sprinting knowledge to you. Perhaps, just watching this video, you might not realize how fast this guy is. The entire video lasts fifteen seconds, from the guy starting to run until he crosses the finish line. If you pause the video right when he crosses the finish line, you'll see that he covered the entire 100-meter distance in less than ten seconds! What's the world champion's time? Calculate it for yourself!"

"Awesome! The world record for the 100-meter sprint is around 9.58 seconds, right? If this guy participated in the Olympics, he might break the world record!"

"I think there might be some exaggeration in this video, and it shouldn't be taken as a reference. Saying he's stronger than the world champion? That's blowing things out of proportion!"

"Whether he can compare to a world champion, I don't know, but he's definitely better than you!"

♥ If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

Personal creation is not easy, your likes, attention, comments and forwarding is the motivation for me to stick to it.

3