Prologue
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

The nesting ground of dragons. In the settled realms of Firma, there was only one such region, nestled amidst the rugged terrain of the impoverished nation of Talon. Yet, what was once a perilous and highly avoided place had been transformed into an incredible treasure. For it wasn't solely a dragon nesting site; it was also the source of Talon's greatest strength.

Dragonriders!

Knowing the site had to be protected at all costs, the first dragonriders constructed a formidable mountain fortress at the sole entrance.
The Sky Ramparts, later known simply as the Skyfort.

This citadel dashed the hopes of would-be invaders for a millennium. A thousand years of unyielding defense led to the ascension of an Empire — one large and strong enough to deter aggressors from ever challenging Talon again.

Instead, Talon's adversaries had to fend off the relentless might of the dragonriders. This led to the growth of an even mightier Empire, casting a long shadow over Firma's political landscape. The strongest of the world powers, Talon maintained its supremacy for ages, holding rival nations in check with the mere threat of its dragons and their riders.

But all Empires are doomed to die. It's only a matter of when. And Talon might have made too many enemies, for now a new machination of nations lurks on the horizon, threatening to end Talon's powerful reign forever...

1