Chapter 7 World 2: A Warfront in the World of Eternia.
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible things you want. No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there.


“Hey guys! Welcome to the st-” The livestreamer's words were cut off as a massive explosion appeared behind them. “Welcome to the stream!!!” He began running a little bit further away. 

[Look out!] 

[Can you imagine if he died just as the stream started?] 

[All praise the Mushroom Queen!] 

The viewers could see all around the streamer. Magical explosions rang out every few seconds, the sounds of fighting were present throughout, and creatures of all races participated in this war. An axe-wielding orc could be seen fighting an earth-controlling dwarf. As the orc brought his heavy axe down on the head of the dwarf, the dwarf swung his warhammer upward to block it. Their weapons fought for dominance, but then the dwarf suddenly smirked as the ground beneath them began to swallow up the orc feet first. This dwarf consumed a mushroom that allowed him to control the earth! With the orc trapped within a rocky cocoon, the dwarf finished him with a leaping smash to the head with his warhammer. 

“As you can see, we’re really in the thick of it! This is just one of the many war fronts between the Kingdom of Mushrooms and the other kingdoms! Right now, we’re in between the Kingdom of Mushrooms and Humanity somewhere in the central continent. I was just in the middle of a fetch quest when suddenly I realized I found myself in the middle of a warzone! So, while the opportunity was present for me, I decided to start up the stream!” 

[Did you get a sudden quest, Damage?] 

[are you risking your gaming time just for us?] 

[FOR HUMANITY!!!] 

“I, uh, did get a hidden quest, but it doesn’t mean anything unless I survive long enough.” Whatsyourdamage somewhat answered as he pitifully hid behind a boulder on the battlefield. 

He spotted a dangerous fight nearby. A giant mushroom with an equally as large mushroom rod facing off against a warrior who got a job advancement into a grand knight. In Eternia, there were five classes. Warrior, Mage, Rouge, Healer, and Ranger. Of those five classes, there were two job advancements for those classes and three unique paths to take for each job advancement. This meant that one class had the potential to have six different gameplay styles while leveling through the game.  

The grand knight was one of the three final advancement paths for the warrior class. The perfect balance between offense and defense that could always fit into any party. This grand knight took the first move as he rushed toward the giant mushroom. It lifted its rod into the air to bring down on top of the head of the warrior.  

The grand knight raised his shield and shouted something to activate a skill. With the activation of this skill, everyone could see how he somehow deflected the blow of the giant’s weapon away. This left the monster completely open for the grand knight’s second skill. A giant magical sword formed from the grand knight’s blade and slashed the big mushroom in half from the waist. 

“HUZZAH!!! This righteous hero shall not fall!” Player GarbageJuice shouted as he ran off to look for the next monster to cut down. 

[A roleplayer... embarassedemoji] 

[I don’t think its embarrassing. I mean Eternia is actually an entirely different world. What’s wrong with living a second life that’s in line with the world?] 

[Lord Deathmaw shall devour the souls of all living beings!] 

[STREAMER LOOK OUT!] 

Whatsyourdamage turned around to see a massive cluster of explosions heading in his direction. Instead of pointlessly trying to outrun it as a humble healer, he drank a speed potion and ran horizontally. It didn’t matter if the direction he was running in was filled with monsters that held no reservations about trying to kill him. The Mushrooms had less of a chance of killing him in one hit compared to the magic carpet bomb! 

The streamer barely made it out of the way of the explosions but not far enough that he wasn’t blown off his feet and into the air from the force of it. He lay on the blood-soaked battlefield, dazed, low on health, and surrounded by vicious monsters that looked more than happy to tear into his innocent healer's body. Whatsyourdamage audibly prayed, healing himself while reducing his mana to zero. He inwardly cursed at himself for only delaying the inevitable as the monsters came rushing to devour him. 

[Game Over.] 

[GG] 

[hahaha! Kill him! Eat him! Tear him to pieces!] 

Whatsyourdamage closed his eyes and accepted his fate with his hands clasped together in prayer. He felt claws and teeth pierce his body, but with his virtual senses on very low, they just felt like little aches. Just before he was about to die, he screamed out that he was sorry that he was such a noob to his viewers. Only to realize moments later that he didn’t die at all? What was that sound like something was getting sucked up into something? 

“Eat this.” Whatsyourdamage felt someone feed him something and recover all of his health. 

“Dear merciful goddess, you’ve really came to me in my time of need...” Whatsyourdamage muttered as something popped up on his screen. 

“I don’t think I'm a goddess, dude.” Brandon laughed as he helped the guy up. “You might wanna deny that choice that just popped up on your screen. I’ll have to kill ya if you join the Mushroom Kingdom.” Brandon explained. 

[Sudden Quest!] 

[You’ve eaten one of the Mushroom Queen’s mushrooms! Do you resist her control or do you fall under her rule?] 

[Rewards: Removed level limit, increased skill experience, forced quests, servitude for the rest of your life, random skill] 

“I think there are enough streamers recording the situation in the Mushroom Kingdom...” Whatsyourdamage resisted the incredibly great rewards. 

“Good on you, man. Too many simps these days.” 

“Agreed.” 

[MUSHROOM QUEEN IS THE GREATEST!!!] 

[BLASMEPHOMY!!!!] 

[ONE OF US! ONE OF US!] 

1