Prologue
841 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- October 13th, 2026

- Friday, 11:34 P.M. Night, Esther BPO 3rd Floor.

- Country G, District 9.

 

A lone man sat on an office chair behind a computer in a vast office building, wearing a black headset on his head, the building at this point was already dark, his monitor being his only light source.

 

The individual in question was a typical middle-aged man; he was 36 years old on December 25th of last year and stood at an average height of 5'8. He had clear skin and medium-length, curly maroon hair, his bangs covering his left eye.

 

If there was one thing that stood out about him, it would be his blazing red eyes. And, despite being in his late thirties, he appears to be no more than twenty-five years old, give or take, appearance-wise of course.

 

This man was call Nier, or if you want his full name he is known by few as Nier Featherburn Agustus, age 36, and single. He is senior agent at Esther BPO, and novemeber would make eleven years since he started working here.

 

He has an average existence, nothing spectacular or big in the least. And he was currently interacting with a consumer.

 

"Sir, yes!" The grand total comes up to 568 Carlees."

 

"Mhm... so what will be your method of payment?!"

 

"I see, via card... aha... sure just send me your credentials."

 

"Okay... I see... with that, we're done; please check your email for the return slip and receipt; and if you have any other questi...

 

--Beep! ~~ Beep!--

 

"And he hangs up, of course, resulting in a -2 point deduction on my initial QA for not completing my closing.... sigh!" These consumers are so impatient that it's irritating; the call was only 2 minutes, and 23 seconds long, and he was already upset with my existence based on his demeanor."

 

Nier said with a miserable smirk on his face; it didn't matter, after all, his shift had ended three minutes ago. As a result, it was time to clock out for the day and make the most of his one day off, even though he had to return to work on Sunday at nine a.m. as per usual, today he only took the 11:30 A.M. to 11:30 P.M. shift Due to switching shift with a coworker who had a family predicament he needed to tend to, As such he had to trade shifts with one of his coworkers tonight. Albeit he didn't mind at all, after all, there was no one expecting him at his home either way.

 

But he didn't dwell on it for long; after all, he simply wanted to get home, kick back, and relax, maybe watch a movie or two before falling asleep on his couch, like he always does when he has the night to himself before a day off.

 

As a result, Nier clocked out as soon as possible and ensured that the air conditioning in the building was turned off. He then walks over to his locker. And takes his rucksack, which contains his phones, wallet, and other important items that he couldn't bring on the call floor.

 

This procedure had been ingrained in him; after all, it had been the same cycle for the past 10 years since he began working. And after gathering his possessions, he uses his ID to open the elevator door and descend to the lower floors of the building.

 

Of course, on his way out, he waves farewell to Benson, the establishment's security guard, as is customary. He then walks towards his red SUV, leaving only the young lad in the dark building, and throws his possessions in the back seat.

 

However, just as he was about to leave for his house, he felt a vibration in his pocket. It was, of course, his phone. As a result, he began take it out to see who was texting him, and notice who was texting him. It was his friend Kayland, the boss's son and his superior.

 

[Do you want to grab some beers, dude?]

 

"I swear this dude is my stalker; anyways lets pretend not to see the message, and just go home."

 

However, before he could put it down, another message arrived.

 

[You are pretending not to see the message again, are you?]

 

"..."

 

[Okay, fine, don't come in and have a few beers with your best friend, that's a dick move, man. And this is why you are maidenless.]

 

"Calling me maidenless despite being aware of my curse... sigh!" No one but I understand the sea of pain I go through on a daily basis; you pretend as if you don't recall what happened in high school; seriously, buddy, I want you to be abducted and tied in a basement, only to be r*pe by a psycho teacher for two months straight."

 

"*Sigh!* Now I'm in a foul mood just remembering those dark moments but don't worry Nier. She can't get to you since she's in prison for attempted murder. Yeah! The kidnapping of a juvenile, as well as several acts of assault, theft, and stalking, you are secure Nier, you are safe... she can't get to you anymore, I'm good, I will survive this wretched life at any cost."

 

Nier stated with a relieved expression on his face while trembling thinking about the horrible experience that had occurred in his past. However, after recalling the five life sentences that the woman received, he regained even more trust in his own safety than before.

 

"Yeah, it's ok, im ok.... its not my fault, its my ancestor fault, every sin should be place on him, yet I am the one that is suffering."

 

Nier announced as he drove home, attempting to forget that person's existence in general.

 

And with that, he drove off into the distance; his house was approximately four miles from his workplace, so the commute wasn't too far. Given his present speed and the fact that it was late at night, he should be there in about five minutes.

 

About five minutes later, he arrived at his home, a large two-story house painted navy blue and purple. It has eight bedrooms, three bathrooms, two kitchens, a canopy, a pool area, a bar, a theater, and a parking space in the garage for roughly six automobiles. Normally, he could not afford a house of this size on his own. No, this was the main family home of the Agustus family.

 

It has been around since the late 16th century and early 17th century and has been continually improved upon over the generations, to the point where it is today. It wasn't a villa, but it was certainly a high-class residence nonetheless, especially for a single man like Nier.

 

Despite the fact that, due to the family curse bloodline, he was the only one alive to inherit his father's property, which he obtained from his father, and his father gave him this house before he gave it to his father. In summary, it has been passed down to the eldest son of the Agustus family from its inception.

 

The tradition was tradition, even though Nier's mother had killed his father and then herself due to a misunderstanding, and his grandmother had also killed herself after his grandfather died from a Viagra overdose that caused his heart to rupture. This was Agustus' family curse; all men were fated to marry yandere women even if they didn't want to. If the woman wasn't a yandere when they got them, they'll become one over time.

 

Looking back, it appears that the sixth son of the fourth generation of the Agustus family struck an agreement with the Goddess of Love, but he turned against her and broke the pact. As a result, the Goddess of Love cursed his bloodline and the future generations to suffer at the hands of the yandere woman as a punishment for his transgression.

 

Or so the mythology goes, but he didn't know much about it, other than that the Goddess Ishtar cursed his bloodline, and as a result, he was now suffering as a result of the sixth son error. It was truly a horrible fate, and the way things were going, he wasn't sure how long he could keep playing the avoidance game, especially since new female employees had taken notice of him. Although the criterion only applies when occurrences coincide, for example, he was r*pe in the past by his English teacher since she was mesmerized by my inventive intellect.

 

As a result, his social circle was dominated by guys. And everyone around him suspected he was gay because he was only seen with males. Life couldn't get any worse for him, yet being viewed as gay at work has been highly beneficial to him. It was both a burden and a blessing because women somewhat avoided him.

 

The bad news was that actual homosexual guys surrounded him; of course, he disregarded them; it was a curse; all he wanted was true love, but Ishtar had to fuck him over for something he hadn't done.

 

Because of this, for many days, Nier had to question.

 

"Why are we here to suffer?"

 

He remarked this as he used his phone's remote control to unlock the electronic gate, enter his yard, and park one of his four cars. His mother owns the one he is currently driving, while he owns an expensive-looking mustard-colored Mustang he purchased on his own after saving for five years, and the other two are owned by his grandfather and father.

 

After entering his garage, he enters the downstair corridor, which leads to the lower living room. He then walks up the stairs, straight to the master bedroom, which used to belong to his father and mother.

 

As you open the door that leads to his room, you can notice the historical style of the space. There were white wolf fur rugs on the floor. The floor itself was designed with crimson color obsidian-like marble tiles. The walls had been painted grey. And LED lighting ringed the dimly lighted edges of each chamber corner. On the other hand, he immediately begins to enter the room's bathroom, wasting no time in taking a shower.

 

He then dried himself off and changed his clothes. And it was shortly after twelve o'clock when he decided to watch a movie on Flexflix till he fell asleep, which he did.

 

To put it mildly, the night was uneventful.

 

Because before he even finished watching the show of his choice; he fell asleep right on his bed, with the television in his room still on. But he was suddenly jolted back to reality when he heard the voice of a woman in his head.

 

[Attention all Gaian subjects: the day of judgment is here. As a result, the world will end in three days, the dead will rise, monsters locked in the neither will flood the mortal realm, and the Zenomen, an alien civilization, will conquer the entire known universe. However, not all hope is lost; in order to acclimate to the new world and maximize your chances of survival, please select a class and race.]

20