Chapter 3 – Professor Kanraku
847 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he regained consciousness, he discovered Dragonite lying down before him. Her scorched body was beginning to fade away. He glanced at the empty bottle in his hands, noticing that only a small amount of liquid remained, making him realize that the system had already poured the potion to Dragonite. A helpless sigh escaped him. This was the drawback of using a 100% simulation: one couldn't learn anything since the system had full control over the user's body.

He channeled his Dragon Power into Dragonite, and immediately sensed the decline in her diminishing vitality coming to a halt. While she remained unconscious, the most crucial aspect was that she had indeed survived.

"A Pokéball?" the young man pondered when the system reminded him.

Eight months ago, when he first arrived in this world, to his surprise, it was strikingly similar to his previous one. The system had also bestowed upon him a Berry Blender, a PokéBlock Case, a 100-slot backpack, 2 Healing potions and its recipe, one customized breeding guide, one customized Pokéball, and the power of a Dragon.

He picked up the Pokéball, which already had an owner—Axew, his Starter Pokémon. Its appearance resembled a standard Red-White Pokéball as seen in the anime, but it was customized. Unlike regular Pokéballs, this one could absorb Dragon Power, influencing the affinity of Dragon-type Pokémon with Dragon energy. It also enhanced the bond between trainer and Pokémon, with unique healing properties specifically tailored for Dragons.

As he contemplates the Pokéball, he notices a Dratini approaching him, seemingly inquiring about his mother's condition.

"Your mother was unconscious, but the immediate danger has passed. She endured a great deal during this incident, but with my current abilities, I cannot fully heal her," the young man explained.

Dratini lowered his head, a sense of disappointment evident in his demeanor.

The young man gently patted Dratini's head and reassured him, saying, "Don't worry, this won't last for long. I've already explored other methods to heal her; I'm just lacking the necessary materials. You'll be reunited with your mother soon."

In his current state, he couldn't make it, but he sensed that his abilities were on the verge of reaching the Intermediate Stage. The stage multiplier would decrease from x4 to x3, which meant he might be able to afford to create a potion for the Master Stage.

Dratini's face lit up with a glimmer of vitality upon hearing his words.

"Axew, I have something to discuss with you," the young man began, explaining the concept of the Pokéball and its functions.

Upon hearing the explanation, Axew immediately nodded, demonstrating understanding and a willingness to cooperate. If it could help ease the situation for Dragonite, he was more than willing. As the responsible elder brother of the group, he had always been a sensible child and had never caused any trouble.

Upon hearing these responses, a wave of melancholy washed over the young man as he recalled the scene from seven months ago. He vividly remembered the moment when a young Axew, brimming with hatred, had glared at him. At that time, he had just taken over this young man's body, and they had engaged in a fierce battle until Axew eventually collapsed. But now, they had transformed from enemies into friends and lifelong partners.

Feeling determined, he swiftly retrieved the Pokéball and released the bond between it and Axew. He channeled his Dragon Power into it, and after a few seconds, the Pokéball was reactivated. He then threw it toward Dragonite.

"Let's go; it's no longer safe here," he urged. The chaos and destruction that had unfolded here were truly shocking; it was likely to attract even more dangerous Pokémon and potentially some people. He needed to escape immediately. There was news from a place he needed to confirm if it was real.…

...

7 weeks ago,

July 13, 2005

Country of Nihon, Takihama Island,

Kochi Village

"Professor Kanraku, I've staked my reputation on this and, in the process, offended some other officials with your plan. I hope you won't disappoint me." The gray-haired man fixed his gaze on the individual before him—a middle-aged man with a broad forehead, black hair, and glasses. What intrigued him most, however, was the enormous blue turtle perched on the man's back. The turtle sported a brown shell with hints of white and was equipped with water cannons atop its shell. Its countenance bore a somewhat stoic expression, its limbs appeared robust, and its tail was relatively short.

It was a Blastoise.

"Your plan is likely to provoke resentment among the people," the gray-haired old man commented.

"That's precisely why I chose to begin here in this village, Village Chief! This time, the plan is quite ambitious, and I'm hopeful for your support," Professor Kanraku responded, rising to his feet and bowing respectfully.

The village chief momentarily furrowed his brow, then playfully smiled, suggesting, "Or perhaps you started here due to certain circumstances that compelled your departure?"

Professor Kanraku chuckled awkwardly, patting his head and confessing, "Well, yes, that's true. But I'm also doing it for the betterment of humanity."

The village chief let out a deep sigh, his gaze shifting to Blastoise, as he contemplated, "Humanity... Is this truly the right path?"

"Engaging in conflicts like these will inevitably lead to widespread destruction across the world. The possibility was not low; humanity on Earth will face the very real risk of complete extinction."

"Instead of inflating our pride, it is wiser to humble ourselves and strive to find a resolution through harmony. This is the only correct solution, and I am certain of it," Professor Kanraku declared resolutely.

"Kanraku-san, I believe you know that the destructive potential of their power," the village chief commented.

"Village chief, that is precisely why I am advocating for the harmonization of humanity and these creatures. Instead of attempting their eradication, which is both impractical and fraught with dire consequences, we should strive to understand and coexist with them," Kanraku responded.

"We must tackle this issue methodically, by delving into the origins of these creatures. This responsibility falls within the domain of biologists like myself. How can we hope to control something we do not understand? Mere elimination will not address the underlying causes. Furthermore, even if we were to eliminate them, there is no guarantee that more creatures won't emerge, as they did five years ago. Can we truly face them in battle?" Professor Kanraku posed a thought-provoking question that momentarily left the village chief speechless.

"Village Chief, do you genuinely believe all of these creatures are inherently evil? Have you forgotten what this one has accomplished?" Professor Kanraku affectionately patted Blastoise's shell, eliciting a soft "Blas~toise" in response.

Observing this touching interaction, the village chief felt a sense of warmth towards the imposing beast. He vividly recalled the day when Kanraku had saved his wife and daughter from the snake-like creature. It was this very act of heroism that had led him to defy some certain officials on Kanraku's behalf, as he owed this guy a great debt. It had also marked the moment when he began to change his perspective on these creatures in a new light, although a hint of wariness still lingered.

"Yes, to be honest, I am truly grateful to you. By the way, Kanraku-san, where do you plan to begin?" The village chief inquired, signaling his willingness to hear more.

"I'm planning a two-month trip to visit Jo-a, Longdong, Rong Xanh, and Maharlika," Kanraku replied.

"So, representing five countries?" The village chief asked, clearly surprised.

"Yes, Nihon, Jo-a, Longdong, Rong Xanh, and Maharlika. To be honest, it would be better to focus only on Nihon, but circumstances have left me no choice. If only I could recruit some soldiers," Kanraku murmured, his hope fading.

"Kanraku-san, do you know why some people join the army? It's because of their hatred to the beasts," the village chief reminded him, extinguishing his hope.

"Yeah," Kanraku smiled bitterly.

"Village Chief, I can only rely on you this time. You must help me," he bowed once again.

"Yes, do what you need to do. If something goes wrong with your plan, I'm prepared to step down as Village Chief."

"Don't worry, I promise you can keep your position, and even rise higher. I'll definitely succeed! Right, partner?" Kanraku-san proudly said, patting Blastoise.

"Blastoise~" Blastoise nodded.

"Come on, let's go. I'll start preparing right away."

"Blastoise~"

"I'll help you with the preparations," the village chief hurriedly followed them.

"Thank you, Village Chief!"

28