Chapter 205 – Final (1)
144 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the bustling city of Maharlika, under the cloak of night, a masked man moved stealthily through the shadows. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number with practiced ease.

[Seiichi? How is it? Is it done?] Akira's voice came through on the phone, his tone expectant.

"Boss, it's all set. I cut the connection right after you sent the message," Seiichi reported, his voice betraying a hint of satisfaction with the successful execution of their plan.

[Good work. But remain vigilant, especially with the hunters in that area. They might detect your presence.] Akira's voice carried a note of concern.

"Don't worry, boss. I'm well-prepared," Seiichi responded, feeling a sense of reassurance from his boss's concern for his safety.

[There's another thing. You're going to meet a fellow commander in two days. Her codename is 'Black Rose.' Make sure you coordinate effectively.] Akira instructed.

Upon hearing the name 'Black Rose,' Seiichi's brow furrowed. He was familiar with her – a rival in their organization's hierarchy.

"Yes, Boss," Seiichi acknowledged, despite his reservations.

[Remember, she's there to assist you. I expect no conflicts or power struggles. This operation is critical, and I trust you to handle it professionally.] Akira's tone was stern, emphasizing the importance of cooperation.

Seiichi felt the weight of responsibility. He took a deep breath and affirmed, "Understood, boss. There won't be any issues from my end."

[Excellent. Your contributions won't go unnoticed. Just focus on the mission, and all will be well.] Akira reassured him.

"Aye!" Seiichi saluted, even though he was on the phone.

After the call ended, Seiichi swiftly returned to his team. "Listen up, everyone. We'll soon have support from another commander, 'Black Rose.' I expect full cooperation. Remember, the boss has made it clear – this mission is about success, not personal agendas."

His subordinates responded promptly, "Understood, Commander!"

"Keep up the surveillance and continue recruiting. Focus on individuals with no ties or background – orphans preferably. Maintain utmost secrecy," Seiichi instructed, emphasizing the need for discretion.

"Aye!" His team saluted and immediately resumed their tasks, each member acutely aware of the operation's high stakes and the need for flawless execution.

After giving instructions to his subordinates, Seiichi retreated to his room to prepare for the next phase of his mission. He opened his bag and carefully placed inside a few essential items, including a unique object – a sphere, the top half colored red and the bottom half white.

This was the Pokéball that Akira had entrusted to him, with two additional ones as spares.

The purpose of these Pokéballs, which were designed to subdue beasts, puzzled Seiichi. He wondered about the reasoning behind Akira's decision to equip them for capturing dangerous beasts.

Nonetheless, Seiichi trusted Akira's judgment. He didn't question the orders and understood that his role was to follow them diligently. Part of his mission now was to locate and capture a beast that could be controlled with these Pokéballs.

October 2, 2005

Takehama Island, Kame Village

3:00 pm

Two days had passed since the beginning of the competition, and now it was time for the final match. The previous day's battles had been nothing short of thrilling. The Top 16 and Quarterfinals unfolded with intense excitement.

Phuong emerged victorious over Chen Xin, Bianca overpowered Cuong, Li Qing triumphed against Jonathan, Suzuki Ryota defeated Aizawa, Ivan won against Kang Jihoon, Li Zhengui outmaneuvered Inoue, Linh beat Tuan, and Xiao Yun overcame Thao.

As a result, the eight contenders progressing to the Quarter Finals were Huang Mai Phuong, Bianca Jimenez, Li Qing, Suzuki Ryota, Ivan Quinto, Li Zhengui, Le Mai Linh, and Xiao Yun.

The members from Jo-a felt a mix of sadness and shame, seeing all their contenders eliminated. They realized the need to redouble their efforts to overcome this setback. There was a sense of disappointment particularly over Kang Jihoon's elimination; his potential was undeniable, but his early matchup against Ivan proved to be his downfall.

The battle between Ivan and Kang Jihoon stood out as the most remarkable in the TOP 16. It showcased their full arsenal, especially Ivan's Ariados, which stunned the audience with its activation of Swords Dance, nearly defeating Kang Jihoon's Pokémon in a swift, powerful move.

The persistence of Elekid, however, turned the tide in Kang Jihoon's favor. Just when the crowd thought the match would swing in Kang Jihoon's favor due to the type advantage of his Electric-type Elekid against Ivan's Water-type Wartortle, the latter displayed exceptional tactical prowess.

Wartortle maneuvered carefully, not giving Elekid any opportunity to exploit its type advantage, and ultimately secured the win.

Elekid, already fatigued from its intense battle against Ariados, faced a daunting challenge against Wartortle. Despite its best efforts, the weariness proved too much, and Elekid succumbed, losing the battle.

This matchup was one of the most riveting in the TOP 16, further enhanced by Floyd's expert commentary. Floyd pointed out key moments, such as Kang Jihoon's missed opportunity to interrupt Ivan's Swords Dance, which could have swayed the battle in Kang Jihoon's favor. However, it seemed Kang Jihoon was either unaware or unable to execute such a strategy.

Floyd's insights led viewers to understand that a Pokémon battle is not just about type advantages. Effective teamwork and strategic command decisions can overturn even the most seemingly unfavorable matchups.

The Japanese audience, watching the battles unfold, felt a mix of sadness and frustration. Initially, there was celebration when all their contestants entered the TOP 16, but now only one remained, representing a mere 33% in the Quarterfinals. In contrast, Maharlika had a stronger showing, with two participants making up 66.67% in the Quarterfinals. Intriguingly, except for Jo-a, every other participating country had two contenders each in the Quarterfinals.

Many of the villagers speculated about the fairness of the Spinning Wheel. This issue did not escape the notice of the Japanese audience, who began to harbor suspicions about the fairness of the Spinning Wheel's selections. Many felt it was unfairly and deliberately pairing their contestants against each other, reducing their chances of progressing further in the competition.

Amidst their disappointment, however, there was a small sense of consolation regarding the absence of any Jo-a contenders in the quarter-finals. While their own performance had not met expectations, they took a secret satisfaction in noting that Jo-a, too, had failed to make a significant impact in this stage of the competition.

Moving on to the Quarter Finals, which commenced at 4 pm, the matchups were highly anticipated: Le Mai Linh vs Xiao Yun, Huang Mai Phuong vs Bianca Jimenez, Ivan Quinto vs Li Zhengui, and Suzuki Ryota vs Li Qing.

Le Mai Linh showcased her prowess, dominantly defeating Xiao Yun. The bout between Phuong and Bianca was equally riveting. Bianca's Swablu, at Pro level, coupled with her Bayleef, proved too much for Phuong's Hoppip and Wartortle, leading to Bianca's victory. Ivan Quinto's match against Li Zhengui left no doubt about his superiority, with Ivan emerging victorious.

However, the match that truly captured the audience's attention was the last one between Suzuki Ryota and Li Qing. Initially, most spectators and pundits had pegged Li Qing as the likely winner, but the battle took an unexpected turn.

Her attempt to counteract Ryota's anticipated strategy backfired. Li Qing had anticipated that Ryota would use Butterfree's Stun Spore to control her Squirtle, prompting her choice of Growlithe. However, Ryota, not overthinking it, went with Wartortle.

Li Qing quickly realized she was at a disadvantage and tried to devise a strategy to win combat with reverse-type attribute.

In the heat of the battle, Li Qing struggled to adapt her strategy. Wartortle's relentless assault left little room for recovery. Ultimately, her Growlithe was overwhelmed and defeated. Ryota, having Wartortle and Butterfree at his disposal, managed to defeat Li Qing's last pokemon, Wartortle.

Suzuki Ryota won the battle!

 

 

5