Chapter 2: Bonds Rekindiling
234 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We went to the nurse’s office, but no one was there.

“It should be fine for you to rest for a little while. I will go get a cold rag so you can wipe your face,” Yuuji told me before motioning for Yuri and me to sit down.

“Nee-chan, after you wipe your face, I will redo your makeup; it got all smudged from crying earlier, right?” Yuri told me while pulling a makeup kit out of nowhere.

‘Just where were you carrying that, Yuri?’ I retorted to myself as Yuuji came back and handed me the rag.

“Thank you, Yuuji,” I said with a smile.

He looked at me with a slight daze before finally responding, “N..no problem.”

I noticed his cheeks were red and asked, “Are you okay? Your face seems really red.” I put my forehead on his to check his temperature.

“Na...na..” Yuuji started stuttering before his face started becoming redder.

“You don’t seem to have a fever at least. I remember you used to get sick easily, so be careful,” I told Yuuji after pulling my head away from his.

“S..so close, I will, so please give my heart a break, and Yuki, you really shouldn’t do that with just anybody, you’re a girl after all,” Yuuji said, in an exhausted manner.

My heart started beating faster, and I felt happy from him calling me a girl; the only people at school that would before were the teachers, Onee-chan, and Yuri. However, I was confused by what he meant by doing that with just anybody, so I tilted my head in puzzlement from his reaction and asked, “I didn’t do it with just anybody; I did it with you.”

Yuri started laughing at us and said, “You two should really work on your phrasing and stop going into your little world flirting with each other. It’s just like when we were kids.”

Yuuji and I both looked at each other, and both of our cheeks immediately blushed before we both looked back at her and said in a stammering unison, “We...we weren’t flirting.”

That was when we heard the door open. “What’s all the noise in here; this is a place to rest, you know.” A woman with short black hair and blue eyes came in and told us in a strict tone. However, after she noticed who we were, her mood and personality did a complete 180, and she came running over to us.

“Yuki-chan, Yuri-chan, why are you in here? Did something happen in class? Did you have a panic attack again, Yuki-chan?” The woman asked as she started patting my face to make sure I was okay; you would think a nurse wouldn’t be this touchy, but this school’s nurse is my very doting and loving mother, Hashi May.

“Yes, I did, but everything is okay now, Momma. Yuri and Yuuji helped me calm down,” I answered as I gave my mother a bright smile before I gestured over to Yuuji.

“Yuuji-kun, it really is you. My, look how big you have grown,” my mother said with a look of surprise.

Yuuji laughed slightly, “I guess I have; it is great to see you again, Aunty May. I didn’t know you were the school’s nurse.”

“Yes, I am, and since you're with Yuki-chan, that means you're in Klare-chan's class.”

“Eeeh, so Mashima-sensei was Klare-nee?” Yuuji asked in a shocked manner.

Momma and I both gave Yuuji an exasperated look. “How did you not realize, Yuuji?” I asked while giving him a worried look.

“Yuki, please don’t look at me like that...” Yuuji said in a dejected manner.

“Should we really be surprised? He didn’t even recognize me but knew who Nee-chan was immediately, even though we are twins,” Yuri said while holding her arms in a nonchalant manner.

“My, my, you really do only have eyes for Yuki-chan,” my mother said with a teasing smile.

“Momma, please don’t tease Yuuji too much,” I whined as I gave my mom a pout.

My mother giggled before looking at all of us with a warm smile and said, “I am glad you two are still as close as ever, and Yuki-chan seems to already be in a better state now that you’re here, Yuuji-kun. Please continue to be a good friend to my daughter.”

Yuuji gave my mother a cheeky smile and said, “Of course I will.”

My mom let Yuri redo my makeup and then said in a strict tone, “Now that everything is settled, should you three still be hanging out in the nurse's office.”

“No, Ma’am,” we all answered in unison, as we felt a chill down our spines and started hurrying out of the room. However, right before we walked out of the room, my mom called out to Yuuji. “Yuuji-kun, make sure to come to visit our house soon.”

“Yes, Ma’am, I will,” Yuuji answered excitedly and with a happy smile.

After we left and went back to class, I stopped in front of the classroom door and took a deep breath. Yuri held my hand and said, “Don’t worry about any of them, Nee-chan, just try to enjoy class. I am here with you. Plus, knowing how protective Onee-chan is, they shouldn’t mess with you as much now.”

After feeling better from Yuri’s words, I gave her a happy smile and while patting her head, I said, “You're right, I have you, Yuuji, and our family. I’m not alone. Honestly, what did I do to get a wonderful sister like you? I will never know. Thank you, Yuri.”

“Ne...nee-chan,” Yuri stammered with a happy smile and pinkish cheeks.

Yuuji was watching with a cheeky smile and started patting my head and said, “That’s right; you're not alone, and we won’t let you feel that way ever again. Just leave anybody that does try something to me.”

“Tha...thank you, Yuuji,” I stuttered as I touched the top of my head after he pulled his hand away, my cheeks blushed much like my sister's were.

“Hey, you big gorilla, don’t ruin my mood with Nee-chan, just create your own,” Yuri huffed while giving Yuuji an evil stare.

I started laughing and said, “Honestly, you two.”

They both looked at me and started laughing too, and that was when the classroom door opened, and we saw a dark substance that made us all start shaking; it was Onee-chan, I mean Mashima-sensei.

“You three, since Hashi Yuki seems to be feeling better, why don’t you all come back into the classroom and stop flirting in the hall.”

“Ye...yes Ma’am,” we replied in unison, before heading quickly to our desks. I wanted to argue and say we weren’t flirting, but I was too scared to do so.

When we all sat back down, I noticed Mashima-sensei gave me a small smile. I smiled back in response. When I looked around the classroom, I noticed all the classmates that made fun of me earlier were all pale white and looked like their souls had come out of their bodies.

‘Just what did you do, Onee-chan?’ I thought to myself as I brought my attention back to my sister.

After that, the following classes went smoothly since it was the first day, so not much happened. Since it was half day, we were told we could eat lunch before going home, or we could go ahead and leave.

‘I forgot about it being a half day and made Yuri and myself a lunchbox when I made Onee-chan's and Momma's. Since we met each other again, Yuuji will probably want us to go somewhere and eat together.’ I thought to myself, and just as expected, Yuuji and Yuri came over to me.

“Hey Yuki, do you and Yuri want to stop somewhere to eat and catch up before going home?” Yuuji asked, and I could see the flicker of excitement in his eyes.

‘I don’t want the lunch I made to go to waste, but I want to eat with Yuuji. What should I do?’ I thought to myself as I hesitated to answer.

Yuri was watching us both before finally saying, “Nee-chan forgot today was a half-day and made us lunchboxes, and she doesn't want the food to go to waste.”

“Ah, I understand, it's okay, we can eat lunch together tomorrow,” Yuuji replied with a smile, but I noticed he wasn’t as excited as he was before.

Instinctively I grabbed the hem of his jacket as he started to walk away.

“Yuki, what is it?” He asked, looking at his clothes.

“I...if you want, I don’t mind sharing some of lunch with you,” I stammered. I didn’t want him to leave yet.

“Yuki’s homemade cooking... I would love to,” he answered excitedly, before he thought for a second and asked, “Are you sure there is enough for us both?”

Yuri sighed and said while pointing her finger at Yuuji, “You're not supposed to ask something like that to a girl, you gorilla; you're just supposed to happily agree.”

Yuuji shrunk back from Yuri and said with a twitching and frightened smirk, “You're right, that was bad of me.” After he responded, he looked at me and said, “I would be happy if we could eat together, and you would share your lunch with me.”

My heart started beating fast, and I showed the brightest smile I could, “Mmm, I would love to.”

Yuuji seemed to be in a stunned state, so Yuri asked, “So where should we eat at?”

I started thinking, I don’t really eat in the cafeteria; there are too many people. That was when Yuuji came back to reality and said, “How about the park we used to play together at; it’s on the way to your house, right?”

“That’s right, but will you be going out of your way to your house if we go?” I asked.

“No, the park is on my way home too, and I will walk you two home after as well, so let’s go.” He said before grabbing his bag. I think he is hiding something; he seems really excited about walking together.

“Okay, if it really isn’t trouble for you, is that okay with you, Yuri?” I asked, feeling perplexed; I don’t want him to have to walk too far after all.

“That’s fine with Nee-chan; it would be good to catch up,” Yuri replied before grabbing her bag as well.

After we all agreed, I grabbed my bag, and we left school heading to the park.

‘I guess I will get to see the cherry blossom tree a second time today. This time with Yuuji and Yuri,’ I thought to myself as we made our way to dad and my special spot, the same place where I met Yuuji for the first time.

How did you like the character interactions in Chapter 2?
  • Loved it! Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It was good. Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Neutral. Votes: 1 6.7%
Total voters: 15
17