New Beginnings
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cold. As the warmth left my body, the cold feeling of death permeated my body as if warning me of my impending doom. Lying on the concrete floor slowly began to feel more comfortable as I began to lose my sense of feeling. A self-deprecating smile worms its way onto my face as I think about the stupidity of my situation.

A few hours ago I found myself talking with a cute teen girl in the hallways of my school. Normally this wouldn't have been such an odd occurrence if it weren't for the fact that one of the parties involved was myself.

////////5 Hours Earlier - Honshor High School /////////

"Please! I can't fail this class or my parents will kill me."

Staring at the girl in front of me, my brain was working overtime to find an excuse to refuse.

"I'm sorry, but I don't really have the time."

Trying to let her off gently, I prayed that she didn't pry any further. It seems my prayers were bound to be unanswered as she was unwavering in her quest.

"It doesn't have to take up much time, I just need your help studying before the exam."

As my eyes lock with hers I realize that she isn't going to give up. Taking a look around I realize a crowd is starting to gather due to the commotion, causing me to sigh in frustration.

"Fine, but only this time."

Her eyes light up in response and before I can react she pulls me into a hug while giving me her thanks. As my face turns bright red, she lets go of me and starts to walk off. As I start to regain my bearings her next few words cause me to turn even redder than before.

"It's a date then!"

//////Present Time - Some Back Alley //////

It turns out that one of the guys at our school saw that exchange, and thought the girl and I were going on an actual date. The guy was her 'boyfriend'(Self-Proclaimed) and took offense to my actions. On my way home from school, he and a few other guys stopped my path and wanted to fight me.  The guys weren't anything special and I was able to fend them off with relative ease before one of them pulled a pocket knife from god knows where and stabbed me. Getting stabbed hurts a hell of a lot more than you would think, and the pain took away my will to resist. The guys apparently took me falling as my consent to them beating the shit out of me. After they were done the guy whose name I don't even know smirked at me before telling me that I was a worthless person and that he just made the world a better place before spitting on my face and running off.

"Fuck"

What a pitiful way to go out. As I got closer and closer to death I looked back at my life and came to a disheartening realization... I really am worthless. My birth parents obviously didn't care about me at all, as they left me, a baby less than a year old, on the foot of an orphanage before dashing to lord knows where. I never liked the orphanage growing up, and all of the kids there got on my nerves. causing me to miss out on the friend department growing up. It was a similar story throughout all of my elementary school and middle school years, which was fine by me. Due to my lack of friends I was able to focus on other things such as studying, working out, and watching anime. In high school my efforts bore fruit, allowing me to have the highest grade point average in the entire school. I just wanted to make it through school with decent grades, go to a decent university, and end up with a decent paying job. I didn't want to be someone special, I just wanted to go through my life without bothering anyone. Is this my retribution for not shooting higher? Should I have shot lower? Was I always fated to be nothing but a side character in the world that no one cares about?

SCREW THAT!

As my vision started to fade to black a feeling of unwillingness started to overwhelm me as I try to fight against my unjust fate. The last sight my vision caught before dying was a golden butterfly flying past me before everything faded to black.

 

///////////???????????????????///////////

"The time is ripe." A feminine voice rang through what seemed to be endless darkness. If you were to look closer you would be able to see light golden eyes shining in the middle that spoke of ancient knowledge.

"Young lamb, I sure hope you entertain me."

 

1