Character Creation
94 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ughhh"

Groaning, my hand grabs my head trying to fight the sharp pain that woke me up. After a few seconds, the pain disappears, allowing me to take a look at my surroundings. I was lying on a bed inside a small room with white walls all around me. The only 2 notable things in the room were the bed I found myself on, and a screen that was on the wall to my left. Taking a close look at the screen revealed a few sentences.

Hunter Rank - 1

Available Dimension Difficulties

Pitiful(Unlocked at hunter rank 0)(+0 Dimension Points)

Easy(Unlocked at hunter rank 1)(+50 Dimension Points)

Choose One.

"Choose a difficulty?"

The answer came to me instantly.

"Easy"

Difficulty Chosen - Easy

Average Quest Completion Rate 40%

After this message pops up the screen shifts for a second before becoming blank. After a few moments of waiting a few new messages greeted me.

Dimension - Fallen Hope

World - Shattered Star

Description - A world where originally there was no magic, but after a star crashed into the world magic appeared and spread throughout the entirety of the world. This does not mean that everyone is able to use magic, and there are 3 separate generations of warriors.

Quest - Protect Princess Anna for 2 years.

Character Creation

Character Type

Strengths

Weaknesses

Innate Powers

Innate Bloodline

Create Your Character.

Deciding to go in order, I start with character type.

1st Generation - After living most of your life without magic, when the star crashed into the world you were excluded from the ranks of those that can use magic. You are looked down upon by those who are able to use magic, but the magic does not elude you entirely. Even though you can not use magic, it fills your body and strengthens it to unimaginable levels allowing you to live way past the normal life expectancy.(Cost - 25 dp)

2nd Generation - You were just a kid when the star crashed into the world, and you gained the ability to wield magic. Even though you can wield magic, it does not come easily to you and you have to try twice as hard as any 3rd generation. You have seen the cruelty of a world without magic, and you don't forget that as you go through this new world. This gives you a stronger mentality than other generations. (Cost - 100 dp)

3rd Generation - You were born after the star crashed into the world, and magic helped nurture you while you were in the womb. Magic comes naturally to you, and are very sensitive to magic dissonance. Being nurtured in a world already full of magic has allowed you to peak past the curtain of the world, and glimpse at the true power of magic. (Cost - 300 dp)

"Whew..."

The obvious choice to go with is 3rd generation, but 300 dimension points are a heavy commitment to make. Weighing the pros and cons in m head, I grit my teeth before selection 3rd generation.

After a moment passes no message pops up, allowing me to move onto the next part.

Strengths(3 Max)

A monumental amount of choices show up on the screen, almost causing me to blackout at the sheer amount. The costs of the strengths grew from 10 dimension points to millions of dimension points. After messing around with the screen for a bit, I am able to narrow down my choices.

No pain, No Gain. (200 DP)

You have learned to not flinch away from pain, instead, you grow stronger with any hit taken.

Who, me? Couldn't be. (300 DP)

You have learned how to maintain a poker face and can mislead even the most accomplished actors.

It's easy to gain trust, and even easier to maintain it. (200 DP)

People tend to trust your word very easily and are very likely to trust you more than anyone else.

These strengths seemed like they would help me the most in a mission where I need to protect someone that I haven't even met yet. If I can trick her into letting me become her bodyguard or something similar, then my job will be a hell of a lot easier. After sorting that out, I opened the weaknesses tag. The weaknesses tag was different from the other tags that I opened. What greeted me was a weird looking slot machine that held a myriad of weird-looking symbols. It seems as though for every strength I take, I must also take a weakness. After a moment of thought, I spun the slot machine and was greeted by 3 symbols. There was a face with one eye, a man looking at a woman with questions marks above his head,  and a man with a  condescending look on his face.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - You have lost sight in one of your eyes, and carry a strong sense of vengeance against anyone who wrongs you. (+400 DP)

Dull Harem Protagonist - Women tend to gather around you, but you are incapable of noticing their advances. Be careful, mess with the wrong woman and death is just around the corner. (+100 DP)

Strength is justice - You have an inborn sense of arrogance toward any warrior that is weaker than you and tend to be condescending to those you defeat in a fight. (+200 DP)

 

A slight sense of indignation fills me as I stare at the weaknesses in front of me. Slightly fuming, I move onto the next tag.

 

Innate Powers -The world of Shattered Star has 3 main systems of magic. Elemental, Spirit, and Creation. There are also 10 tiers of magic, rank 1 being the lowest and rank 10 being the highest. Only creation magic has known tier 10 magic.

Elemental(100 DP) - You have learned to wield the 4 main elements in the world. Earth, Water, Fire, and Air. Most people are able to use this magic system and elemental magic is the most commonly used.

Spirit(300 DP) - You have been blessed by a spirit, allowing you to use nature magic. This system is more inclined toward healing and support but may be capable of strong attacks depending on the rank of the spirit you are blessed by.

Creation(500 DP) - Your eyes have been opened to the natural laws of the world, and you are able to bend and break these laws according to your will. This is the most uncommon magic on Shattered Star and is also the most dangerous.

Even though the cost was enormous, I found my eyes drawn by the creation magic system. A quick glance at my dimension points told me that I had enough to spend on it, and after a moment of hesitation, I went for it. After selecting it, I turned my eyes to the last tab.

Innate Bloodlines

Human(0 DP) - The most common race on Shattered Star. Average affinity in all things, and does not have access to special bloodline powers.

Half-Human(100 dp + Half the cost of other race) - The most detested race on Shattered Star. If you have mixed blood, you are seen as dirty in the eyes of many and may suffer from prejudice.

Spirit (200  x rank of spirit. Max Rank = 10)- A relatively rare race Shattered Star. There are different ranks for spirits and the higher your rank the easier it is to maintain a  physical form.

Abyssal(1000 DP(Originally 2000 dp, but is Halved by Chaos Remembrance) - An ancient race on Shattered Star, and supremely rare. The abyssal are natural predators and are easily able to grasp tough magic concepts.

Divine(100000 DP) - You have the blood of a divine being in your veins and radiate a supreme aura that causes others to subconsciously bow to you. It allows you to use divine magic without any restrictions.

My eyes widen at the sight at the divine bloodline, only for me to sigh in the realization that I would not have been able to get it for a while anyway. Doing the math in my head, I just barely didn't have enough dp for the abyssal bloodline, but if I go half-human, half abyssal then I would have enough. The only thing about that is the comment about how half-humans suffer from prejudice. Gritting my teeth I select half-human and put abyssal as the other half. After doing this the entire screen turns black for a moment before blood-red text pops up.

Character Creation Finished.

Generating Background...

/////////??????????????????///////////

A familiar sense of weightlessness fills me, and before I am able to react I find myself in the form of a baby while also being held in a beautiful woman's hands. As she notices my eyes open, a smile blooms on her face. Looking closer I could see that hidden behind that smile was a deep sadness, and there was a sense of reluctance that hung in the air. A few words come out of her mouth, but they all come out sort of blurred and I was only able to catch two words.

"Hachiman... sorry..."

She puts her hand over my left and chants a few words before pulling away. There was surprisingly no pain, but I realized that I was no longer able to see through my left eye. Unable to control my body, I could only watch as she placed me on the ground in front of a large building before she ran into the endless darkness of the night. The slight limp in her gait and the fact that as she walked away she pulled out a black sword that seemed to contain endless hatred told me all I needed to know. This woman is my mother, and she will not live past this night.

 

 

2