Letter
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kenji stepped back into his home. The lights were off, leaving the interior dimly lit by the moon's glow peering through the glass door. Kenji began to walk towards the stairs, maneuvering past the dining room table, decked out with expensive silverware and plates. As he reached the first step, his chest started to burn.

"I'm doing this..." Kenji whispered to himself.

He looked up at the oh-so-familiar staircase, flooded with dread. For some odd reason, the staircase seemed to be smaller than usual. Kenji placed his left foot on the next step and his right foot on the one after. He moved faster and faster, and his fear grew exponentially with each move. Yuji's screams of pain pushed him forward until he reached the final step.

"I trust you, Koat. You said this is what I have to do."

Kenji looked forward to his destination, a tall, white door with light poking out from the crack on the bottom. This was where Yuji was. Kenji took his final step and grabbed the doorknob. Sweat dripped down his face and arms, and he trembled as he turned the knob.

He stopped.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small, white sheet of paper. He took his hand off the doorknob, grabbing the paper. On the back, there was a message, but what was most apparent was the large logo in the top left corner. It was a drawing of a large man standing over three kneeling men, who were much smaller. The company this logo belonged to was named "No Longer Serving." Kenji had never heard of this company before, although this letter did seem pretty professional.

Kenji read through the letter slowly, and his eyes widened with shock as he did. He dropped the letter and sprinted back down the stairs through the backdoor. He heard his brother cry again as he pushed through the side gate. Kenji hesitated for a moment, remembering what Koat told him. However, Kenji only paused momentarily and sprinted through the front yard onto the street. He stopped there, realizing he needed help figuring out where to go.

"They shouldn't be far. I saw him just a minute ago."

Kenji whipped out his smartphone, pulling up the Map application.

"No Longer Serving... There! Just a mile away."

Kenji ran back to the side yard, grabbing his shiny purple bicycle. He began to race toward the mysterious company "No Longer Serving."

0