[F112] Chapter-34: Heroes vs Enchantresses – 2
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The twins pressed their advantage, but the Enchantresses had centuries of experience. With a burst of power, the fire mage burns through the binding rope, whirling to blast Shaun away before he can strike again. Her companion breaks free of the knife barrage and rises up, eyes blazing. 

 

Craig and Shaun regroup, standing shoulder to shoulder, weapons at the ready. In perfect sync, they switch to a new set of arms - Craig drawing a pair of short axes while Shaun opts for stout maces. The Enchantresses attack together, a combined salvo of fire and ice. But the twins are in their element now. Spinning their weapons in blindingly fast patterns, they shatter the mystical onslaught.

 

Sensing a change in tactics was needed, the Enchantresses fall back. One slams her staff down, rupturing the street as skeletal warriors begin clawing their way up from beneath the concrete. The second magically divides into three mirror images of herself, surrounding the twins.

 

But Craig and Shaun remain unfazed. They share a quick grin, already adapting to counter this new threat. Shaun retracts the maces, pulling out a tetsubo - a thick oak staff studded with iron. He uses its immense striking power to obliterate the emerging undead before they can fully form. Meanwhile, Craig switches to an elegant spear, its tip crackling with energy as he focuses his power. In a blur of motion, he charges forward, spear finding the weak points of two false Enchantresses, dispelling them. Only the true one remains.

 

Backed into a corner, the last Enchantress raises her hands, an ominous vortex swirling above as she summons her full might. But the twins are already in motion, Craig distracting her with precisely thrown daggers while Shaun closes the gap. With flawless timing, Shaun strikes the staff from her hands with a sweep of his tetsubo, interrupting the deadly spell. The Enchantress staggers back, exhausted and disarmed.

 

The twins stand ready to press the attack, but the Enchantress wisely opts to escape while she can. With a protective burst of energy, she flees to rejoin her companions. Craig and Shaun share a triumphant fist bump, ready to aid their friends elsewhere in Ankara. Their teamwork and mastery of all weaponry has carried the day.

 

In another part of the embattled neighborhood, the toxic mage Ram Keshav faced off solo against the remaining two Enchantresses. Where other mages relied on elemental magic, Ram commanded something far more insidious - poison itself. Any plants in the area responded to his power, decomposing rapidly and releasing clouds of toxic fumes. Ram's touch could induce vomiting, paralysis or hallucinations in his foes. Even the air around him carried a sickly green tinge, tendrils of poison at the ready.

 

The Enchantresses were taken aback momentarily by this unconventional magic. But they had faced many threats over their long existence. With calm focus, they erected magical barriers to protect against the toxins' effects. Secure behind their shields, they struck back in tandem - crackling lightning from one, howling wind from the other.

 

But Ram was prepared. As the wind roared toward him, he made a pulling motion, conjuring a wall of tangled, poisonous briars to block its path. The gale shredded the vines, but lost momentum, buying Ram time to deal with the lightning bolt. Sidestepping swiftly, Ram caught the electricity on a summoned shell of toxic sludge. The poison diffused the attack.

 

Seeing his physical poison barriers having limited effect, Ram switched tactics. Drawing a sigil in the air with his finger, he recited an incantation. All around the Enchantresses, colorful flowers and vines sprouted rapidly from the cracked pavement. The Enchantresses were perplexed but kept their shields up...until the flowers released clouds of pollen that bypassed their defenses and left them disoriented.

 

Pressing his advantage, Ram advanced menacingly, toxic fumes leaking from his footsteps. The weakened Enchantresses erected a barrier in desperation, but Ram poured poison magic into the ground, decomposing the street beneath them. Their footing collapsed, distraction breaking their concentration and dispelling the barrier.

 

Before the Enchantresses could recover, Ram conjured a wave of concentrated poison and launched it at the vulnerable duo. They managed to deflect it at the last second, but the toxin splashed across their robes and seeped into their skin. One Enchantress doubled over vomiting. The other shuddered as paralysis took hold.

 

But Ram knew better than to get overconfident. These were ancient magical entities he faced.

1