[F114] Chapter-34: Heroes vs Enchantresses – 4
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morgana's voice rang out imperiously. "You have fought well, but it is over! Now, my pets - obliterate them!" The wyverns reared back for a final assault, elemental energies converging for an apocalyptic barrage.

 

Kai and his clones, despite their incredible speed and coordination, found themselves hard-pressed to evade the relentless attacks. The sky was filled with the acrid scent of burning scales, the freezing chill of magical frost, and the ozone tang of electrical discharges. The heroes' defensive maneuvers became increasingly desperate as the sheer number of wyverns overwhelmed their individual efforts.

 

Luck, his earthen defenses depleted, fought on the front lines, using his mastery over stone to create makeshift barricades and redirect the wyverns' onslaught. Craig and Shaun, adept at adapting to various combat scenarios, switched between weapons seamlessly, parrying and countering the relentless attacks. Ram, the toxic mage, unleashed clouds of noxious fumes, corroding the wyverns' magical essence and weakening their assaults.

 

Kai, with a determined glint in his eyes, led his clones in coordinated strikes, targeting the wyverns with precision. They teleported rapidly, delivering devastating blows to individual targets, but the swarm proved unyielding. The heroes were running out of energy, their magical reservoirs depleting rapidly.

 

In the midst of the chaos, Morgana observed the heroes' struggle with a triumphant smirk. She reveled in the spectacle of their impending defeat. With a gesture, she intensified the wyverns' assault, urging them to redouble their efforts. The magical onslaught reached a fever pitch, pushing the heroes to their absolute limits.

 

Morgana surveyed the battle with satisfaction, watching as her endless horde of wyverns gradually overwhelmed the beleaguered heroes. Kai, Luck, Craig, Shaun and Ram fought valiantly, but their strength was flagging. Soon they would fall, and Morgana's victory would be complete.

 

But just as the wyverns reared up for a final, apocalyptic assault, a blinding flash split the darkened sky. Before Morgana could react, a hundred wyverns fell from the sky, sliced cleanly in half. Stunned, Morgana searched for the source of the attack. There, dropping lightly to the ground amidst the falling wyvern corpses, stood a lone, masked figure.

 

Morgana's eyes narrowed. She recognized that mask – that has no feature just plain white. This was none other than Sai Graywoods, one of the strongest hero among the Wiedergeburt. His timely action had spared the heroes.

 

"Sai Graywoods," Morgana declared imperiously. "It seems fate has delivered you to me. I had no quarrel with you, but now that you've interfered, I will gladly present your corpse to His Highness Vritra."

 

Sai showed no reaction to her threat. He simply rested a hand on the hilt of his sheathed blade and replied calmly, "Villains should speak less and fight more." 

 

With blinding speed, he drew his sword, the black blade glinting in the dim light. "Bankai...Kamishini No Yari," he intoned. At once, the sword began emitting a fierce red glow along its razor-sharp edge. Sai whipped the blade through the air in a single graceful arc.

 

The effect was instantaneous. Hundreds more wyverns simply fell from the sky, their torsos sliding off their wings in neat, bloodless cuts. A crimson rain began to fall as wyvern blood poured from their severed bodies. Morgana could only stare in shock. Sai's strike had moved too swiftly for even her ancient eyes to track. One moment the wyverns were readying to attack; the next they were dead, slaughtered en masse.

 

The other heroes watched in awe as well. Sai's power exceeded anything they could have imagined. In the blink of an eye, he had accomplished what they had struggled desperately to for long minutes. The terrifying speed and surgical precision of Sai's blade rendered any defense meaningless.

 

Translated as the 'God-Killing Spear,' Kamishini No Yari is a formidable Zanpakutō technique. Its unique ability allows Gin's blade to swiftly extend and retract at an incredible speed, rendering it nearly impossible to evade or defend against. With a maximum length of 13 kilometers and the capability to move at a staggering 500 times the speed of sound, this technique is both powerful and perilous.

 

So, that’s why no one couldn’t even see the attack with their bare eyes.

 

Calmly flicking the blood from his sword, Sai turned to face Morgana directly. His expression remained impossible to read behind his mask as he held the blade vertically before him. "Kamishini No Yari: Buto," he uttered quietly. 

3