Flickering Light (4)
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marcel, his face drenched with his own tears, stared at the bloodied windows, the sounds of flesh tearing outside amplifying the rage pulsating through his veins. His breath quickened, his heartbeat thundering in his ears like a war drum. "Marcel, we need to go," Zoe's voice trembled, her hand reaching out to comfort him.

 

Anger surged through Marcel like a raging inferno as he angrily pushed Zoe's arm away, rising to his feet and striding towards the doors with purposeful intent. Andrew's eyes widened in alarm as he raised his arms in a futile attempt to stop him. "MARCEL, DON’T!" he shouted, but Marcel paid no heed, his grip tightening on his mace as he flung open the doors and thrust himself into the fray, knocking two biters to the ground in his wake.

 

With a primal roar, Marcel unleashed the full force of his fury upon the encroaching horde. Blood sprayed across his face as he swung his mace with wild abandon, each blow a thunderous proclamation of defiance against the relentless onslaught. Ignoring the pleas of his companions, Marcel plunged deeper into the heart of the chaos, his mind consumed by a singular desire to vanquish his foes.

 

A biter lunged at Marcel from behind, but he swiftly countered, seizing its arm and hurling it aside with a savage ferocity. "COME AT ME YOU MONSTERS!" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the chaos as he continued to rain down blows upon his attackers. Biters swarmed around him like relentless shadows, their gnashing teeth and grasping hands a relentless assault on his senses.

 

Determined to aid their embattled comrade, Andrew and Zoe charged forward, weapons at the ready. With a swift motion, Andrew drew his blade, its gleaming edge slicing through the air as he cut down a biter that threatened to overwhelm Marcel from behind. Zoe's gun rang out in the chaos, its sharp cracks punctuating the din as she dispatched two biters with deadly precision.

 

"We got you," Andrew murmured, his voice barely audible amidst the cacophony of screams and gunfire, but Marcel remained focused, his gaze fixed on the carnage unfolding before him. With a swift kick, he sent a biter reeling backward, its body crashing to the ground with a sickening thud. Spotting an AR strapped to the fallen biter's chest, Marcel wasted no time, seizing the weapon and unleashing a torrent of bullets upon the horde.

 

The air filled with the acrid scent of gunpowder and the sickening splatter of blood as Marcel mowed down his enemies with ruthless efficiency. Dropping the spent weapon, he knelt amidst the carnage, his hands rummaging through the pockets of the fallen biter until they closed around a grenade.

 

With a grim determination, Marcel pulled the pin and hurled the grenade towards the blood-spattered windows where Tara's fate had been sealed. Within moments, the explosion rocked the air, sending a shockwave rippling through the horde as the biters feasting upon Tara met a fiery end, ensuring she would never suffer the indignity of joining their ranks.

Marcel's swings became more frenzied, fueled by the memories of Tara that flooded his mind like searing flashes of lightning in a storm. Each blow landed with a ferocious intensity, as if he could beat back the pain and grief with sheer force of will. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING! MY PARENTS, MY BROTHER, NOW THE GIRL I WANTED TO MARRY! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!" His voice reverberated with raw fury, his bloodshot eyes ablaze with a primal rage as he brought his mace crashing down upon a biter's skull, sending brain matter and blood splattering onto the ground in a macabre dance.

 

Beside him, Andrew wielded his blade with deadly precision, jabbing it into the side of a biter's head with a swift, practiced motion. Zoe's gun rang out in the chaos, the metallic click of an empty chamber followed by the sickening squelch of her knife plunging into a biter's skull. Marcel's screams echoed through the air, each one a testament to the torment that gnawed at his soul as he unleashed his pent-up fury upon the encroaching horde.

 

"I LOVED THAT WOMAN, DAMN YOU, DAMN IT ALL!" Marcel's voice cracked with emotion, his rage reaching a fever pitch as he continued to swing his mace with reckless abandon. His teeth gritted in a primal snarl, veins pulsating beneath his skin as he fought against the tide of biters that surrounded him on all sides. Andrew deftly dodged a lunging biter, retaliating with a powerful headbutt that sent it reeling backward, while Zoe plunged her knife into the skull of another with ruthless efficiency.

 

Meanwhile, back where Dobby, Maddy, and Zach were holed up, the situation grew increasingly dire. The door, battered and splintered, teetered on the brink of collapse as biters poured in from all sides. Dobby landed in a nearby bush, grimacing in pain, while Maddy joined him moments later, her heart pounding in her chest with fear and desperation.

 

As the door finally gave way, unleashing a torrent of snarling biters into the room, panic gripped the trio. "ZACH!" Maddy's voice trembled with terror as she watched the horde spill through the breach, threatening to overwhelm them at any moment. Zach scrambled onto the windowsill, preparing to leap to safety, but a biter seized him from behind, threatening to drag him back into the clutches of death.

 

With lightning reflexes, Maddy drew her gun and fired a barrage of shots into the biter's flesh, forcing it to release its grip on Zach. He tumbled down, landing heavily on the bush beside Maddy, who winced from the impact but wasted no time in springing to her feet. "COME ON!" she screamed, her voice laced with urgency and desperation as she urged Zach to move.

 

Dobby, meanwhile, rallied his dwindling strength and fired his gun at the encroaching horde, buying precious moments for his companions to escape. "We need to go!" he yelled, his voice strained with pain as he struggled to fend off the advancing biters. With Zach and Maddy's help, they navigated the treacherous path through the swarm, narrowly dodging snapping jaws and grasping hands.

 

But as they neared the safety of the exit, a small group of biters blocked their path, their hungry eyes fixed upon their prey. Zach and Maddy raised their guns, ready to fight to the bitter end, but the cruel irony of fate intervened. With a hollow click, both guns fell silent, their ammunition spent, leaving them defenseless in the face of impending doom. "God will take care of me. He always has"

With a surge of adrenaline-fueled strength, Dobby hurled himself at the encroaching horde of biters, his body slamming into the walls of a nearby blue house. The impact created a temporary gap, providing Zach and Maddy with a fleeting opportunity to escape. "GO! GO! I’M DEAD!" Dobby's voice rang out, a mix of determination and acceptance as he braced himself for the inevitable.

 

But fate, cruel as ever, had other plans. A biter sank its teeth into Dobby's shoulder, eliciting a guttural scream of agony from his lips. Before he could fully comprehend the pain, another biter struck, tearing into his jugular with savage ferocity. Dobby's anguished cries echoed through the air.

 

Zach and Maddy stood frozen in shock, their hearts heavy with grief as they watched their friend's valiant sacrifice. With tears streaming down their faces, they knew they had no choice but to honor Dobby's sacrifice and flee for their lives. With a shared glance of silent understanding, they turned and ran, their footsteps echoing in the empty streets as they raced toward the sliver of hope that beckoned them.

 

As they reached the small opening in the walls, cut open by unknown hands in the chaos of battle, Maddy crawled through first, her heart pounding with a mixture of fear and sorrow. Zach followed close behind, his eyes clouded with tears as he struggled to come to terms with the loss of their friend. The sound of biters pounding against the walls behind them served as a grim reminder of the dangers that lurked just beyond their sanctuary.

 

As they collapsed onto the ground on the other side, exhaustion and grief washing over them in waves, Zach's tears flowed freely, his heart heavy with the weight of their loss. "He's gone..." he whispered, his voice barely above a broken sob. Maddy, her own eyes brimming with tears, wrapped her arms around Zach, offering him what little comfort she could in the face of such overwhelming sorrow.

 

0