A Show To Remember
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A firework spiraled towards a biter, entering its leg. The biter growled as it fell to its knees; within seconds, a second firework entered the biter's head, both exploding and dispatching the biter.

 

Dozens of fireworks infiltrated the biters, detonating and causing chaos. Andy aimed the fireworks at another group near the office building. “Screw off!” Andy yelled at them as more fireworks flew out, hitting the biter group and exploding in a domino reaction.

 

Andy got hit with a wave of dizziness, his vision blurring. “Focus.” He dropped the empty box of fireworks, looking at the other ones. “This has to give them time to escape.” Andy spoke, picking up a box and opening it.

 

The growls of biters filled the air as they limped towards the building, getting closer. Andy began to cough, specks of blood splattering on the side of the fireworks box.

 

Andy couldn’t help but chuckle. Gripping the lighter, he lit the firework string, staring at the horde. The fireworks were finally sent out again, exploding after entering the biters.

 

Bob made his way to the cabin, knocking on it. “It's Bob!” He hissed, no answer. He went to the second one and knocked, nothing.

 

He ran over to the third, and right away, a boy opened it. “Bob!” The kid whispered, scared. Bob entered, and he closed the door. “Good job Jacob.” He smiled; Jacob, the boy, nodded back.

 

“We have to get out of here, okay?” Bob spoke. “We will go through the back. Come.” Bob walked over and opened the door, aiming his rifle just in case. “This way!” He hissed and opened a second exit door. “Good thing we made these emergency exits all around.” Bob spoke, the kids following, around 30 of them.

 

The light from the fireworks illuminated the camp, as well as the firework explosions that could be heard.

 

Doro looked at his soldiers. “Ready?” He spoke as he lit up a makeshift torch. The soldiers dug into an old sandbag, pulling out bows and arrows. “Are we lighting them up?” A soldier asked before grabbing a bow and arrow.

 

Doro walked over, the fire spreading onto the tip of each arrow. A snicker grew on Doro’s face as he looked at the horde. “I want some of you guys to also aim at the horde, let's see if we can pick off fuckface.” Doro spoke; at least half of the soldiers aimed at the approaching horde.

 

Doro let out a chuckle, raising his hand in the air as the other soldiers aimed towards the cabins. Looking at the fireworks. “Release, gents!” Doro yelled, with no hesitation, the soldiers released the arrows towards the horde and into the air.

 

Mars grabbed his leg, wincing, blood dribbling down where he was shot. The biters turned to face him, attracted by his blood, his eyes widened as suddenly, an arrow on fire entered the biter's head, killing it as the biter fell to the ground; more arrows hit the biters around him.

 

“Shit.” Mars winced and hurried, shoving a biter as an arrow went past him. He could make out dozens of arrows on fire in the sky, heading towards the cabins.

 

An arrow narrowly missed him, hitting a biter's chest and catching the biter on fire. “I have to get out of here.” He limped past biters, the arrows continuing to hit biters, causing more biters to catch on fire.

 

“Fuck this prick.” Mars growled and looked at one of the soldiers that had now turned, a rifle strapped on their back. Mars fastened his pace and jabbed his knife into the biter's head from behind; he grabbed the rifle before shoving a biter back, wincing.

 

Mars turned to the cabins as the arrows landed on each cabin, setting it on fire, gradually getting worse over time. Mars turned to face a biter as the biter grabbed him, trying to chomp on his armor.

 

Mars let out a grunt before headbutting the biter, his helmet colliding with the biter; he then used the butt of his rifle, killing it in a single blow.

 

Mars made his way out, spotting the soldiers from afar. He aimed the rifle and let out a scream. “FUCK YOU!” Mars screamed and fired; a single bullet entered one of the soldiers, right between the eyes.

 

Doro’s eyes widened as Mars fired again, killing another as he grabbed a biter, the soldiers aiming at him and firing back.

 

The bullets entered the biter as he aimed, resting the gun on the biter's shoulder and fired once more, entering a soldier's neck, causing them to gurgle and collapse, grabbing at their throat.

 

Doro began to back up. “BACK UP!” He yelled and fired at Mars, the bullets whizzing by as Mars aimed at Doro and fired multiple shots, a few hitting biters near him.

 

One singular bullet raced past the biters, entering Doro’s shoulder as he screamed in pain, a soldier ran over and pulled Doro away. “We need to retreat.” Doro without hesitation nodded, and the soldiers retreated.

 

Mars dropped the biter and hurried off, limping to find an exit.

 

Cody and Aya stood there, the sun setting as he looked down at the two newly dug graves, Aya had already begun to tear up. “I could have helped you,” Aya spoke.

 

Cody looked at her, tears already filling his eyes, he shook his head and then looked at the graves. “I read their little journal. Vincent is dead too,” Cody spoke.

 

Aya stayed silent, slightly nodding. “Did it say where he's buried?” Cody answered. “Home. But that's far and dangerous,” he responded.

 

Mr. Peterson walked over, staring at the two graves. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there kiddos,” he spoke. Cody looked at him. “It's fine,” he answered. “I just want to go back home now. Back to camp,” Cody continued on.

 

Mr. Peterson frowned as Cody sighed, walking off, whispering to himself. “I don’t know how much of this shit I can handle,” he mumbled, heading back to the hotel.

 

Emmy looked out of a treeline, the moon lighting up what seemed to be a small town. “This way,” Emmy whispered as Ted sniffed the air. “Monsters are here, be careful.”

 

Rose clenched her spear, assisting with Dr. Newton, he looked at the group. “I’m just going to slow you guys down,” he spoke. “Maybe we can help you,” Emmy answered.

 

“No. You can’t. I don’t want to be helped,” he responded and Emmy looked at him. “You can’t just save people, call them family, and then say we can’t help you,” Emmy responded, slightly louder.

 

Rose nodded. “We’ve made it this far. We need a place to rest.” She looked around as she made out a saloon nearby.

 

Emmy pulled out her pistol and made her way over, peeking out and looking both ways; there were a few biters wandering around. “Let’s make a run for it, be quiet.” Emmy got ready and ran across, making it with ease.

 

Rose helped Dr. Newton and breathed; she began making her way across. Suddenly a bullet whizzed by them, however, no sound.

 

Emmy's eyes widened as she looked at Rose. “Rose! New-“ she was cut off as a bullet whizzed again, barely missing Dr. Newton’s legs.

 

Dr. Newton looked at Rose and shoved her away, pulling out his revolver and looking around, making out multiple flashlights in the distance.

 

The biters limped towards them, noticing them. Rose looked at Dr. Newton. “GO!” He yelled purposely, luring biters over.

 

Rose’s eyes widened as the flashlights got closer. Rose teared up and sprinted over to Emmy as they got inside the saloon, shutting the door.

 

Dr. Newton turned to a biter and shoved it back. Seeing the soldiers from afar he began to limp behind a building, dodging the biters and kicking one back, letting out a pained grunt.

 

The soldiers looked at the biters. “He’s around there.” The soldier spoke as Emmy looked out the window, tearing up. “Don’t watch, Ted.” She spoke softly; Ted looked away, letting out a small sob.

 

Rose looked away as Dr. Newton aimed his revolver, waiting for the soldiers to turn the corner, the biters around him closing in. A soldier turned the corner, aiming his gun at him.

 

Dr. Newton was the first to shoot, entering the soldier's knee as he fell down with a scream, the shot ringing out as biters grabbed the fallen soldier and bit down into his arm, causing him to scream.

 

Another biter pulled him down, biting into his neck. Another soldier turned, and then came a second. Dr. Newton, shoved a biter towards the soldiers as a soldier aimed and shot it, but didn’t hit the head.

 

The biter grabbed the soldier and bit into his cheek, blood splurting, Dr. Newton aimed his gun and fired, entering the other soldier's head.

 

More came across the corner as a soldier aimed and shot Dr. Newton in the chest, causing his eyes to widen. Emmy covered her mouth, letting out a sob.

 

Dr. Newton fell to the ground, gasping as biters got closer. “How the fuck did an old man kill you weak shits!” A soldier screamed angrily at his dead comrades before looking at the man. “The dead will finish you.” The soldiers began walking.

 

“You forgot… one thing…” Dr. Newton let out a weak, gaspy chuckle, coughing out blood. “What is that?!” The soldier grinned.

 

“I still have… 3 bullets.” Dr. Newton aimed his gun and fired, hitting the soldier in the hip before staring at a truck and aiming from below. “This is for my family pricks.” He coughed more blood and shot his last two bullets at the truck, hitting the gas tank.

 

The soldiers turned around, screaming as they attempted to run, the truck suddenly exploded as a biter grabbed Dr. Newton’s arm and he let out a small grunt before it bit down onto his arm.

 

The biters then crowded him, tearing and biting. Emmy looked away as a biter reached down from Dr. Newton and growled, pulling out his intestines.

0