Beginnings – Part Thirty-Six
208 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We squatted down next to Scott to see where he was looking. We saw three Willowisps standing among the trees. All of which were moving their heads back and forth like a security camera in a crappy spy movie. Scott looked up at them then back at us and whispered. “I’m going to charge them, Lou you give me cover fire with your gun, and Elysif you need to chuck a few of the explosives around them to cut off any means of exterior movement. Got it?” 

 

We both nodded at him as we pulled out our weapons. “Good, now don’t let me die.” he said charging at the middle Willowisp and before it could react he jumped three meters with such force that I could see the air behind him moving. The middle Willowisp was struck in the face by Scott’s fist and fell backwards against the ground. He struck it a second time causing it’s skull to crack and it started to turn to dust as every other creature we killed did. I was in awe.

 

He turned to the one on his left as it struck down it’s left hand with incredible speed. Scott dodged with a backwards jump as I fired a shot at the creature but missed. Its body was so slim that it was a very difficult target to hit and it didn’t help that I had never shot a gun before. Elysif chucked a cocktail at the final Willowisp causing a small explosion of blue flames around it. The Willowisp was unaffected by the blast other than being confused for a few seconds. I took a shot at the one Elysif had attacked just grazing its side.

 

Scott ran up to the one that struck at him only for it to strike at him once again. He dodged around a tree and grabbed the Willowisps arm. This caused it to howl in pain and fling its arm up in the air along with Scott who was still hanging on. He let go to be released into the air above it and used the momentum down to strike a punch at the Willowisp, but missed striking the ground next to it. Creating a small crater and knocking the Willowisp back.

 

Elysif threw another explosive at the one next to Scott but it released hundreds of small iron pellets. The pellets hit the Willowisp causing it to howl in agony but it was not truly injured. The other which had been dealing with Elysif’s other explosive smacked Scott from behind sending him flying into a tree. He fell to the ground and attempted to get up but the Willowisp had charged him and was already on top of him. It struck him again sending him flying deeper into the forest. I fired off two bullets at the creature. One missed, the other struck its leg, slowing it down for a moment as it fell forward and crashed into the dirt.

 

I was pleased that I had been helpful and was aiming for another shot as I heard Elysif shout. “Lou look out!” but it was too late. A dark hand came from my side and grabbed me. The Willowisp that was hit with Elysif’s iron shrapnel had recovered to an extent and reached for the closest threat, me. It lifted me up and slammed me into the crater that Scott had just created moments ago. When it did the bag of grain broke and fell out all around me. It did nothing to the Willowisp as it was to worried about killing me that it had ignored it.

 

The shockwave that the Willowisp sent through me reminded me of my first death. Several of my bones felt broken and I could barely breathe. The Willowisp climbed on top of me and got its skull face close to mine. The jaw of the skull unhinged and a mass of green tentacles started to come out. I could only think that I’ve seen enough hentai to know where this is going as a joke but this wasn’t the time. I used what strength I had to pull back the hammer of my pistol and rammed it into the mass of tentacles. The blade on the front stung it as it started to pull away but I fired a single bullet into its mouth. 

 

The creature writhed in pain and slammed its fists down beside me as it faded into dust. Elysif ran up to me and reached into her bag. “Please be okay.” she said without any sign of worry, grabbing a small vial from her bag and dumping the contents into my mouth. It tasted like grape cough syrup. She then started chanting as I swallowed the liquid. I felt lighter but everything still hurt. She stood up and looked at me. “I’ll be right back.” she said before running off towards Scott.

 

 The forest was calm now, peaceful even. I looked up at the sky because that was all I could do, it was nice. I lay there hoping Scott was okay and that Elysif would return to make sure I survived but it didn’t seem that way. Then my body felt as if it was falling, probably because I was. I hit the ground with a crash along with the dirt under me. Dust clouded my vision as I layed there trying to get a grasp on reality when I heard a voice. “Nice of you to DROP in.” it said. Was that a fucking pun?

10